April 19, 2024, 08:55:23 AM

Author Topic: WC 2010 - Match 59 - Quarter-finals: Argentina vs Germany  (Read 27237 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: WC 2010 - Match 59 - Quarter-finals: Argentina vs Germany
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2010, 11:56:38 AM »
novice is as novice does ...what has he done so far to be considered novice ? lets say it was the first time you saw or even heard him ...would you initial thought be that he is a novice ? ..or that he is getting victories every game and should be given more credit than he is getting ?

As a player he did what no one else thought of or was willing to try ...as a coach ?? he might just confound the experts ...who is that masked man anyway ?? ha ha ha ...Hi yo silver ..awaaayyy!!!!

Rumor is that Maradona's coaching team is responsible for Argentina's organization, and Maradona is just he personality who the players look up to and who inspires the belief.  If you believe rumors that is....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2010, 12:30:45 PM »
Them Argentine fans like alyuh worried or what?

Remember that goals count and you could well believe that if Argentina could score 3, then Germany can score 4.

Argentina attack has no real power behind it, flair yes, but power no. Germany has both.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2010, 01:52:14 PM »
Ah setta poachah goals Argentina score and man acting like dey dissectin teams and destryin dem.  Higuain scorin shit goals galore on shit opponents, Germany eh da easy.  Best attack, Argentina?  By what measure?  Doh leh fandom tie allyuh up, so far Brazil attack more organized and dangerous dan anything Argentina do and Germany right behind Brazil in da department.  Argentina will get run out just like 4 years ago only dis time in regulation time.

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 01, 2010, 02:36:07 PM »

Remember that goals count and you could well believe that if Argentina could score 3, then Germany can score 4.
Argentina attack has no real power behind it, flair yes, but power no. Germany has both.

That could easily be the other way around too.

Ah setta poachah goals Argentina score and man acting like dey dissectin teams and destryin dem.  Higuain scorin shit goals galore on shit opponents, Germany eh da easy.  Best attack, Argentina?  By what measure?  Doh leh fandom tie allyuh up, so far Brazil attack more organized and dangerous dan anything Argentina do and Germany right behind Brazil in da department.  Argentina will get run out just like 4 years ago only dis time in regulation time.

Of all the goals Higuain score, one was because of a mistake by the Mexican defender. All the rest were at the end of some good build up play. Yes Brazil and Germany's attacks are more organized than Argentina's thus far. But as kicker mentioned earlier, with Messi in the fold and the wealth of attacking options around him, Argentina doesnt need to be that organized in attack. Germany and Brazil's attacks are more organized, Argentina's is far more dynamic.

I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2010, 03:10:35 PM »
Of all the goals Higuain score, one was because of a mistake by the Mexican defender. All the rest were at the end of some good build up play. Yes Brazil and Germany's attacks are more organized than Argentina's thus far. But as kicker mentioned earlier, with Messi in the fold and the wealth of attacking options around him, Argentina doesnt need to be that organized in attack. Germany and Brazil's attacks are more organized, Argentina's is far more dynamic.

I eh buyin dat fella, check nex door!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2010, 04:18:58 PM »

The one can argue that because it is not 'organised' it relies more upon luck as was the case with Mexico? The linesman didn't call the obvious off-side and there was a defensive howler after the Mexican team were completely distracted by being so upset at the non-call.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2010, 04:26:44 PM »

The one can argue that because it is not 'organised' it relies more upon luck as was the case with Mexico? The linesman didn't call the obvious off-side and there was a defensive howler after the Mexican team were completely distracted by being so upset at the non-call.

Oh poor Mexico !! this is for big boys pardner ...you take it as you get it ..if you cant handle the heat you should not be in the kitchen .....I am tired hearing of Mexico being upset by the call which is why they made a mistake and which allowed Tevez to score a lucky goal ....you better watch it you might start believing that ...

all winning teams need some luck ...didn't you see  Holland hit the post in the dying minutes in 78 ? what about england in 66 ? ..and italy in 82  when tonino gave Rossi a gift ...just like Higuain got ?

the luck you mentioned however would have argentina coring 10 more goals and messi on the scoresheet with 4.

everything counts ....so if you get upset by a non call ..you have outlived your sell by date  and rightly should be off the list ...

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2010, 04:57:25 PM »
For his sake, Maradona should recognize Müller by now. What an attitude.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/gUKpW1YefRY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/gUKpW1YefRY</a>

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2010, 05:52:17 PM »
Germany all the way.......this game will be very onesided and will not live up to billing.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2010, 06:13:59 PM »
Watch Diego taking a sweat with the team hahahhaha
Is this man for real, puff puff pass  :rotfl:

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/67/world-cup/2010/07/01/2005430/video-diego-maradona-plays-in-argentina-training-match-with
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2010, 06:19:20 PM »
Argentina going home SAT watch all d tears
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2010, 07:51:49 PM »
Not a fan of either team . Argentina wins 1 nil.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2010, 12:40:15 AM »
i cant come up with a prediction here....all i know is that this is gonna be one hell of a game
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2010, 03:04:25 AM »
Maradona is picking his team based on his opponent. This eh England who picking de same team regardless of the opposition ! No one can predict Maradona's team ...he is keeping everyone guessing ...he eh play wid the same team twice yet.
If I was to try to pick an Argentina  team vs germany it would look like this ..
                        Romero
Heinze    Samuel   Otamendi    Burdisso

Clemente Rodriguez    Mascherano   Pastore   Tevez

Messi     Higuain
Pastore just waiting to show why he is here .....

Clemente Rodriguez would be the additional marker in the middle to counteract the fast break ...just as Alves is doing  for Brazil ..buh dais jess me .

Well thought out formation.

I have a couple objections though... no Di Maria? Burdisso at left back?

Isnt Otamendi to short for centrehalf?

I prefer Burdisso and Samuel at centre back, CRod and Otamendi as the wingbacks. Mascherano,Pastore (right) and Di Maria (left) as the linkmen and Messi in the mezzanine (behind the centre- fwd), Tevez at left wing and Higuain as CF.

I would have Pastore alternating the attack with Otamendi on the wing. CRod would hang back on the left  back and cover the centrehalfs if needs be. The left attacjk is in the capable hands of Di maria and Tevez.

What U say?

I may have written it wrong but Burdisso is at right back and heinze at left ....it is to be viewed as you look at it. No Di Maria because he has not yet produced his best and there will be a need to strengthen the defensive part of midfield. Clemente is excellent at recovery and against the germans who are a strong running team and  Argentina's perennial problem of overloading in attack and being a sucker for the counter needs to be addressed.

Mascherano cannot do it alone. Dunga has done the same thing with Alves...
I will have Tevez on the right , instead of Maxi rogriguez ...he can provide good support for burdisso. I believe now is the time for good support in defense ..so every position should have cover.

Messi will roam the field as Maradona did. Maradona has already given him that license ....you cannot put a creative player in a box .....

The germans are very strong and physical ...you can only look at the goal Klose scored when he powered past the english defense .....

I would have Arguero in this game at some stage ...he is well rested and can provide another attacking option ...he can take on any defense ...just like Messi ! He is also the best percentage finisher ....Higuain is still missing too many easy chances though he is the leading scorer in the team.

Your reasoning is sound.

One comment though...how well will Teves play on the right?

He has had breat success on the left, but with Heinze and Crod there, he would be superfluous.

Also, would it not be better to have CRod as left back and have Heinze in the midfield? CRod looks to be the better defender! Or is this your way of ensuring that Heinze takes the defensive role seriously?

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 02, 2010, 03:15:26 AM »
i cant come up with a prediction here....all i know is that this is gonna be one hell of a game

Agreed!  This game go have everything: passion, pace, fouls, diving (more on the part of the Argentinians) actual hard fouls, a few yellow cards well and maybe even a red or two.......with the war of words going on before the game, the ref hands go be full as these two teams are slowly, over the years, building a serious rivalry with each other and possibly developing a dislike for each other. I hope they damned near kill each other!

****in fact..nah!  ah doh need dem damned near kill each other....ah want the winner mash up Spain  ;D****
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 03:18:47 AM by Mango Chow! »

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

giggsy11

« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2010, 05:45:17 AM »
Germany to take dem. Argentina's approach appears to be play defense by controlling the ball offensively. Their defense is weak and they have yet to play a side that is as techniquely and tacticly capapble as germany. Germany had a plan on how to attack England's weak defense and thy will have a plan to do the same to Argentina. I believe in the Germans- backed them in 86 against Argentina-I hope they make Maradona cry tomorrow! His shaplay not helping tomorrow no matter how many hail mary's he say!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 02, 2010, 07:26:47 AM »
Rights and serial numbers to be read out loud. I wonder what the prisoner count will look like AFTER de game ... Wait, we taking prisoners?  :-\

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 02, 2010, 09:55:56 AM »
Germany will break Argentina defence but Argentia midfield/defence is the best in this world cup and will be too much for Germany in the end..I see a victory for Argentina in the Quarterfinal.

If Maradona win this world cup Pele will not be able to sleep for many nights   :devil:

sando prince i feel u need ah bigger tv.... ;D argentina have de best defence?  that whole backline real shaky...so far i think portugal have the best defence, germany the best midfield and argentina the best forwards.

And Brazil de best team.

:rotfl:

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 02, 2010, 09:56:32 AM »
We full !!  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2010, 10:53:03 AM »

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #80 on: July 02, 2010, 11:13:03 AM »
1st time I see this, though it's 4 years old  :rotfl:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/iWcnS3QMmlQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/iWcnS3QMmlQ</a>

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 02, 2010, 11:18:01 AM »
novice is as novice does ...what has he done so far to be considered novice ? lets say it was the first time you saw or even heard him ...would you initial thought be that he is a novice ? ..or that he is getting victories every game and should be given more credit than he is getting ?

As a player he did what no one else thought of or was willing to try ...as a coach ?? he might just confound the experts ...who is that masked man anyway ?? ha ha ha ...Hi yo silver ..awaaayyy!!!!

Rumor is that Maradona's coaching team is responsible for Argentina's organization, and Maradona is just he personality who the players look up to and who inspires the belief.  If you believe rumors that is....

Even if so ...duh ! you tink Obama writes his speeches ?

So if you inspire the players and instill in them the belief to win and they do, that means you are not really a coach just a personality ?

Who selected the technical team ? who selected Pastore and Palermo ? No technical team on earth would have chosen a player who did not have a single international or big game to his credit and an ageing player who was as surprised as anyone , after missing 3 penalties in a single game more than 10 years ago .

He was critisized for leaving home Cambiasso and Zanetti , two outstanding players in the last European cup final for winners Inter. He also leaves on the bench the star of Italian football, winner of most goals and winner of Serie A and European  Cup ...on de bench ! Is only someone like Diego who can do that.

Look he own son in law ...a star in his own right .. scrubbing bench !

Diego as always will do things his way ....he always has ..always will ...and there is nothing you nor I can do about it ...and that you can take as a fact.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 02, 2010, 02:19:24 PM »
Germany will break Argentina defence but Argentia midfield/defence is the best in this world cup and will be too much for Germany in the end..I see a victory for Argentina in the Quarterfinal.

If Maradona win this world cup Pele will not be able to sleep for many nights   :devil:

sando prince i feel u need ah bigger tv.... ;D argentina have de best defence?  that whole backline real shaky...so far i think portugal have the best defence, germany the best midfield and argentina the best forwards.

And Brazil de best team.

:heehee: :heehee:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 02, 2010, 03:20:30 PM »

And Brazil de best team.

:devil:
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 02, 2010, 11:11:30 PM »
Time to say auf wiedersehen and adios to that ugly dog of a mascot pretending to be a coach.  Go Deutschland!! 

AirMan

« Reply #85 on: July 03, 2010, 01:42:24 AM »

Messi to be given free role

Diego Maradona will tell Lionel Messi to go out and destroy Germany just like he did in the 1986 FIFA World Cup™ final. Messi will be given a free role to play exactly where he likes in tomorrow's quarter-final at the Green Point Stadium despite suffering from a touch of flu.

The Barcelona star sat out this afternoon's training session but will start against Joachim Low's side tomorrow. Maradona, who scored five goals in the 1986 FIFA World Cup and was their inspiration in a a 3-2 final defeat of Germany, said of Messi: "He did feel a bit under the weather, had a slight fever.

"He told me about it and I sent him back inside. It was very cold when we started training at 4.30pm. I gave him a bit of a rest. The session went well, but I never considered him not playing in this game. I just let him have a rest so he could play against Germany."Continue..http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/newsid=1266166/index.html#messi+given+free+role

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 03, 2010, 05:15:08 AM »
Time to say auf wiedersehen and adios to that ugly dog of a mascot pretending to be a coach.  Go Deutschland!! 

How dare you say that about the GREAT Maradonna, you too disrespectful.... :devil: ;D

That said Podolski, Klose, Schweinstiger et al. will rip up that shaky Argentia defence......

GO GERMANY!!!
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 03, 2010, 05:56:55 AM »
From now on all coaches will hug and kiss their players !!  :devil:
Argentina or walk !

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 03, 2010, 07:31:02 AM »
go Germany  :flamethrower:
Youtube Channel

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #89 on: July 03, 2010, 07:59:02 AM »
No long talk. This will be a good game but Argentina taking it.

Germany get flattered by a poor England team. If they give Argentina that mch possession Argentina will kill them. I also think that Argentina's defence is not as bad as people make out. Too bad Samuel not starting though. I would pick him over Demchelis. The one thing Argentina needs is for Mascherano to play out of his skin because Germany front 4 drops and defends better than Argentina's attackers
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

1]; } ?>