April 19, 2024, 04:59:14 AM

Author Topic: WC 2010 - Match 59 - Quarter-finals: Argentina vs Germany  (Read 27231 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: WC 2010 - Match 59 - Quarter-finals: Argentina vs Germany
« Reply #180 on: July 03, 2010, 11:14:58 AM »
Germany all the way.......this game will be very onesided and will not live up to billing.

Two outta three eh bad....

No long talk. This will be a good game but Argentina taking it.

Germany get flattered by a poor England team. If they give Argentina that mch possession Argentina will kill them. I also think that Argentina's defence is not as bad as people make out. Too bad Samuel not starting though. I would pick him over Demchelis. The one thing Argentina needs is for Mascherano to play out of his skin because Germany front 4 drops and defends better than Argentina's attackers

Imagine Germany did everything that yuh describe dey... defense wasn't that bad, Mascherano play outta he skin... dey even let Argentina dominate possession.... plus they find ah way to throw way nuff opportunities.  And still win comfortably.

Anybody willing to concede that Messi pop dung yet?

Jai John wha'ppen... Maradona di'n realize which team he was playing against or what?  Ent he does pick squad tuh suit de opponent?

Cant argue with you here ...I thought team selection lost the game for argentina. when i saw the team I thought ..well he there to see the the fellas in training but after 15 mins Maradona should have relasied that the 5 man german midfield was clearly superior to his with only one ball winner. as wellas mascherano he could not be everywhere and clearly needed help.
when maradona made his substitition he took off a defender and brought on another attacker ...so he probably decided ...lose by 1 lose by 5 same loss !
germany clearly superior in every department today.

There's something to that thought, but I have a sneaking feeling goals number 3 and 4 still bristled no ass. Didn't like the timing of his subs. I was looking for Otamendi's removal at 60'.   Higuain coulda geh pull over Tevez (both candidates to varying degree  fuh some). I understand the deference to Messi.

I think DAM went with Pastore primarily because of his mobility, but mobility wasn't being decisive re: Messi and Di Maria, so in sum he didn't add anything. Fuh me Di Maria and Pastore injected the same level of inexperience and style/quality of approach play (visible in them forcing the game). Perhaps went with Kun for penetration, but to accompany that why not Palermo for aerial strength and instincts in the box?

At the point in the game when ARG were attacking relentlessly it appears he was looking first for an equalizer before making an adjustment ... then goal #2 came and well, then he was looking for a goal to stay close ... this was around the 60' ... a few minutes later Klose netted somewhat against the run of play (because ARG was doing well to interrupt play in the midfield, but not finishing). As that was happening I was looking fuh anybody to be approaching the sidelines to at least quell the German run. Maradona showed no interest in a sub all then. Next thing you know, Otamendi fouls and well allyuh watched de game too.

As I said in a prior post on this thread, the unorthodox approach to play ... yes, attacking and dynamic, but not symmetric or with a clear enough ideology ... didn't lend itself (clearly in DAM's head) to Milito being involved. Pity. A technical striker in the box could have created a PK concern before the 2-0 scoreline.Given the thought process you say he went with (losing 1-0 v 5-0 no diff) .. . fuh me Di Maria stays on the field; return him to the left; find a way to have Kun and Milito on; play Tevez and Messi on the perimeter; concentrate play on the left with Heinze supporting and unbalance on the right.   Bolatti sees the field as my third sub (think he was available?).

In a strange way, DAM was handicapped by the same problem Dunga faced yesterday ... a flank defender in card trouble, magnified by being a goal down rather than being a goal up.  Realistically, given the configuration of the match, he had few players to draw on from the bench. It would have been ill-advised to put Veron on the field.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 11:19:23 AM by asylumseeker »

AirMan

« Reply #181 on: July 03, 2010, 11:17:02 AM »
Germany proved me wrong today. Their defence played much better than I thought they would play and they deserve the win...BUT with that being said I didnt see the same argentina, true germany is a more difficult opponent than the other teams argentina have played but still it seems like argentina did not play half as good as their previous games..What was the game plan ?..was teh game plan to give Messi the ball and stand around and watch him do magic ?..Also I am confused of how Igualin played today. He had the best opportunities and took some soft shot right at the german goalie..You will think a player of his caliber will do better..

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 03, 2010, 11:18:27 AM »
Airfare to south Africa - $ 2,000 US, Tickets to a world cup game $100 US, Watching ARGENTINA go out at the quarter final stage - priceless. There are some things that messi can't do; for everything else there is klose. Accepted by everyone who knows great football.

Nice
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 03, 2010, 11:22:17 AM »
Germany proved me wrong today. Their defence played much better than I thought they would play and they deserve the win...BUT with that being said I didnt see the same argentina, true germany is a more difficult opponent than the other teams argentina have played but still it seems like argentina did not play half as good as their previous games..What was the game plan ?..was teh game plan to give Messi the ball and stand around and watch him do magic ?..Also I am confused of how Igualin played today. He had the best opportunities and took some soft shot right at the german goalie..You will think a player of his caliber will do better..

Why you keep calling the man Igualin? ??

Jai boy...

Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

AirMan

« Reply #184 on: July 03, 2010, 11:26:47 AM »

Jai boy...

oh gosh ..small repeated mistake..give meh a bligh nah  :D..

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 03, 2010, 11:26:54 AM »
Im glad they loose....Cheating South Americans
DITTO!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 03, 2010, 11:33:15 AM »
THANK YUH GERMANY, NOW PLEASE KNOCK OFF SPAINS BLOCK AND THE CUP IS YOURS!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 03, 2010, 11:37:42 AM »

Jai boy...

sound like iguana  :D
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 03, 2010, 11:38:08 AM »
Game now start fellas. Stay calm

JDB yuh real catch kicks and laugh when brazil lorse so.....

MY TURN MY TURN  :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :devil:

;D
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 03, 2010, 11:56:43 AM »
yawn.....wha kinda boring thread is dis, after dat Uruguay Ghana thread dis rel boring, can i get ah Nazi-Germany, anybody? anybody ;)
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 03, 2010, 11:58:26 AM »

;D

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 03, 2010, 12:04:56 PM »
ive never really supported Germany until this tournament , i love the precision and ruthlessness of the Germans. i love that , they just destroy  ;D , i can now say i am a German fan from now on  :beermug:
Youtube Channel

giggsy11

« Reply #192 on: July 03, 2010, 12:05:34 PM »
German machine will prevail! Total team, who has played the best and consistent football since the world cup started! Unselfish, committed, skilled and mentally strong. They did not let Argentina take them off their game. I would spend my money on a Muller jersey because he is a borse young player and it is made by Adidas! Please someone post a picture of Maradona crying!

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 03, 2010, 12:12:57 PM »
From the opening whistle Argentina never looked like they were up for the game.
After the second goal they looked exhausted. Only tevez and to some extent Messi wanted
the ball. Once they got it there was no supporting movement, in contrast to Germany.
I won't even get into Diego's decisions, once they were chasing the game. Sound
Cutass!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

giggsy11

« Reply #194 on: July 03, 2010, 12:29:23 PM »
Di Maria- was disappointing, one demensional and physically weak!

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: July 03, 2010, 12:29:26 PM »

oh gosh ..small repeated mistake..give meh a bligh nah  :D..

hmmmm....i have a feeling maradonna will be saying that a lot in the up coming weeks.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 03, 2010, 01:24:09 PM »
I really hope Klose don't break Ronaldo's record. That come like Matthew Hayden breaking Lara's 400.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 03, 2010, 01:30:41 PM »
I really hope Klose don't break Ronaldo's record. That come like Matthew Hayden breaking Lara's 400.
He most definately will break it, and later on in life some odder young fella would break his, and so on and so on and so on .

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 03, 2010, 01:40:00 PM »
He most definately will break it, and later on in life some odder young fella would break his, and so on and so on and so on .

Yeah but would much prefer a legend like il fenomeno to keep it.. Ah mean Klose good, but he's no Ronaldo.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #199 on: July 03, 2010, 02:21:42 PM »

;D

Ent, I tell myself I take too much pleasure from Brazil losing.

Next WC I coming in as a neutral so I could laugh at the losing team in every game.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 03, 2010, 02:24:43 PM »

Yeah but would much prefer a legend like il fenomeno to keep it.. Ah mean Klose good, but he's no Ronaldo.

i feel so too horse...there is only one fenomeno.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 03, 2010, 02:30:17 PM »

;D

Ent, I tell myself I take too much pleasure from Brazil losing.

Next WC I coming in as a neutral so I could laugh at the losing team in every game.

Nah!  Come back hatin' on Brazil again so yuh could suffer some more like we!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 03, 2010, 02:38:27 PM »
At the point in the game when ARG were attacking relentlessly it appears he was looking first for an equalizer before making an adjustment ... then goal #2 came and well, then he was looking for a goal to stay close ... this was around the 60' ... a few minutes later Klose netted somewhat against the run of play (because ARG was doing well to interrupt play in the midfield, but not finishing). As that was happening I was looking fuh anybody to be approaching the sidelines to at least quell the German run. Maradona showed no interest in a sub all then. Next thing you know, Otamendi fouls and well allyuh watched de game too.

As I said in a prior post on this thread, the unorthodox approach to play ... yes, attacking and dynamic, but not symmetric or with a clear enough ideology ... didn't lend itself (clearly in DAM's head) to Milito being involved. Pity. A technical striker in the box could have created a PK concern before the 2-0 scoreline.Given the thought process you say he went with (losing 1-0 v 5-0 no diff) .. . fuh me Di Maria stays on the field; return him to the left; find a way to have Kun and Milito on; play Tevez and Messi on the perimeter; concentrate play on the left with Heinze supporting and unbalance on the right.   Bolatti sees the field as my third sub (think he was available?).

In a strange way, DAM was handicapped by the same problem Dunga faced yesterday ... a flank defender in card trouble, magnified by being a goal down rather than being a goal up.  Realistically, given the configuration of the match, he had few players to draw on from the bench. It would have been ill-advised to put Veron on the field.

All dat analysis.  I have a question for you.

Did Argentina have ONE CLEAR CUT CHANCE IN THE ENTIRE GAME where you could say definitely, he should have scored that?

Ah torkin bout a chance like Klose's in the first half on the pass from Mueller that he skied over the goal.  Something like that.

Name jes one please.

Thanks
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 03, 2010, 02:39:52 PM »
Ah always wonder how come we cyar produce one young (U-21) world class player and some of these teams does be loaded with many.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 03, 2010, 02:59:17 PM »

All dat analysis.  I have a question for you.

Did Argentina have ONE CLEAR CUT CHANCE IN THE ENTIRE GAME where you could say definitely, he should have scored that?

Ah torkin bout a chance like Klose's in the first half on the pass from Mueller that he skied over the goal.  Something like that.

Name jes one please.

Thanks

Argentina were so poor today even the "ball boy" score. ;D
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 03, 2010, 03:07:56 PM »

Klose has I think 53 goals in 100 games
Gerd Muller 68 goals in 62 games (holy shit batman) ;D
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: It gearing up for a Argentina vs. Brazil Final
« Reply #206 on: July 03, 2010, 04:54:54 PM »
where diego armando maradona will raise the world cup along with his prodigy lionel messi  ;D

stueps, Germany waxing that

what does hardest have to do with maradona and argentina, socapro yuh gone mad oui :devil:

The same amount as it has to do with the possiblity of Maradona & Argentina lifting the trophy after a Brazil v Agentina final!  ;)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Controversial whey yuh?!!

As usual yuh wrong again!  :heehee:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 03, 2010, 05:03:28 PM »
Maradona in post-match altercation with German fans

Immediately after Argentina's 4-0 quarterfinal loss to Germany on Saturday, Maradona was understandably upset. And according to Argentina's Deportes y Noticias, he let a group of German fans know it. A translation of their report:
Argentina national team coach Diego Maradona had an altercation with German fans after the end of the match that marked the elimination of said team from the 2010 South Africa World Cup.
Apparently upset over post game celebrations by fans located behind the Argentinean bench, Maradona approached and scolded them, until Dalma, one of his daughters, entered the field and contained him.
It's a shame the man who has entertained us all over the last few weeks with his exuberance and delightful antics had to get involved in something like this. He would go on to say that this loss was "the most disappointing moment in my life" which shows just how devastated he must have been as he walked off the pitch and saw German fans in red and yellow wigs partying like it's Oktoberfest in July right behind him. A sad end for the most interesting man of the tournament. Or anywhere else.

Sign reads: "Bye, Maradona" (I don't think they mean that sincerely.)

http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/blog/dirty-tackle/post/Maradona-in-post-match-altercation-with-German-f?urn=sow,253409#mwpphu-container

Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 03, 2010, 06:38:13 PM »
Siga chupando Maradona... you fat ugly dog.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 03, 2010, 07:38:01 PM »

Jai boy...

sound like iguana  :D

I was going to ask if it was a joke about him being a big snake...but it was too complicated to make it work...lol
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

1]; } ?>