April 16, 2024, 04:40:32 AM

Author Topic: WC 2010 - Match 59 - Quarter-finals: Argentina vs Germany  (Read 27191 times)

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Re: WC 2010 - Match 59 - Quarter-finals: Argentina vs Germany
« Reply #210 on: July 03, 2010, 07:46:13 PM »
THANK YUH GERMANY, NOW PLEASE KNOCK OFF SPAINS BLOCK AND THE CUP IS YOURS!

Supporting the Nazis, after supporting the Klan? Not surprising, Mr. Field ****** ::)
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 03, 2010, 08:17:15 PM »
Ah always wonder how come we cyar produce one young (U-21) world class player and some of these teams does be loaded with many.
We can but we have to invest in developing young talent. They said the German federation committed to a 10yr developmental plan for this team, now they're young, technically sound, dynamic, skillful and they beating up on everybody!
We want instant gratification so a world class player like Yorke will come about every 100 yrs if we don't invest in proper expansion programs. We definitely have the talent but we lack in what it takes to get our players to the next level.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 03, 2010, 08:45:46 PM »
I really hope Klose don't break Ronaldo's record. That come like Matthew Hayden breaking Lara's 400.

CO-SIGNNNNNNNNNNN
ENTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 03, 2010, 08:58:57 PM »
Only thing I liked about Argentina was Milito and he was on the bench  :rotfl:

Meanwhile Germany... meh not colorful enough...

Spain.. yuk.. everytime i see xaxi or iniesta the food in my stomach rises.

Messi is a waste of time and breath.. cant even call himself the best midfielder anymore wesley taking him to school showing that he is a more a complete player than messi will ever be . and he is fifa world player pfft pukes

Another waste of time is CACA.. i mean kakah... what a joke.

oh yea.. thats all he wrote..

With 90 million rooney.. 80 million ronaldo and 70 million kaka.. wonder how much Sniejder is worth now?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 09:01:44 PM by sHOTTA12 »

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 03, 2010, 10:46:58 PM »

Messi is a waste of time and breath.. cant even call himself the best midfielder anymore wesley taking him to school showing that he is a more a complete player than messi will ever be . and he is fifa world player pfft pukes

With 90 million rooney.. 80 million ronaldo and 70 million kaka.. wonder how much Sniejder is worth now?

Or Landon while we at it.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 04, 2010, 02:45:22 AM »

Supporting the Nazis, after supporting the Klan? Not surprising, Mr. Field ****** ::)
Yuhs ah joker!! you cyar chain me up like yuh do to the foolish. but since yuh want tuh be clever let meh set yuh straight!   

the nazis was kicked out of germany 65 yrs ago, and they ran like cock roaches all over the place except germany, just like the taliban got run out of afghanistan and is every where else but there!

BTW it have nazis livin in yuh beloved land for decades, and some ah dem even run tings too.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 04, 2010, 03:07:51 AM »
Germany playing good counter attacking football. Cant see Spain beating them, but WTFDIK. Will be surprised if its not a Germany v Holland final. Repeat of of the 1974 final.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 04, 2010, 06:15:32 AM »

u does real back your inter men boy!
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 04, 2010, 06:16:58 AM »
Germany playing good counter attacking football. Cant see Spain beating them, but WTFDIK. Will be surprised if its not a Germany v Holland final. Repeat of of the 1974 final.

With a different outcome.... :praying: :praying: :nailbiting: :nailbiting: :praying:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 04, 2010, 04:00:35 PM »

Yuhs ah joker!! you cyar chain me up like yuh do to the foolish. but since yuh want tuh be clever let meh set yuh straight!  

the nazis was kicked out of germany 65 yrs ago, and they ran like cock roaches all over the place except germany, just like the taliban got run out of afghanistan and is every where else but there!

BTW it have nazis livin in yuh beloved land for decades, and some ah dem even run tings too.

You way too predictable dread; I knew you would take the bait. It's called sarcasm, but thanks for the history lesson all the same.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 04, 2010, 04:30:11 PM »

just like yuh cyah find capitalists in America any more. :devil:

giggsy11

« Reply #221 on: July 05, 2010, 07:57:56 AM »
Diego Maradona finally exposed as Argentina's weakest link... along with their right-back

By Ian Ladyman

Last updated at 12:01 AM on 5th July 2010

In the end, one of world football’s greatest icons simply had nothing left to offer. As Germany dissected his Argentina team at Green Point Stadium, Diego Maradona was out of ideas and out of gas.

In some ways, it was a shame. Maradona and his side had provided this World Cup with one of its most captivating themes. A flawed genius trying to inspire a team to achieve what he did in 1986.

But, in retrospect, maybe Argentina were never really likely to win this tournament. Maybe they had too many weaknesses. And perhaps one of those was that when they badly needed a proper coach they found they did not have one.

Found out: Diego Maradona came up short when faced by a proper team and a more tactically aware coach

At the end of Saturday’s 4-0 defeat to Germany, Maradona was on to the field quickly. It is where he feels most at home. He embraced each of his fallen players in turn. There was a kiss on the cheek for each, whether they wanted it or not.

There were no handshakes for the Germans. Sadly, that is not his way.

This is how it has been from the start. Maradona, despite such a stumbling, fractured qualifying campaign, clearly saw himself as the great motivator, a man who could drag the very best from some moderate players and who could guide his country to the World Cup final.

Man's man: His relationship with the players ultimately proved to be not enough to guarantee performance

To those of us who have watched him closely over the last three weeks, the pattern had become familiar. He was a coach who wanted to be at the centre of the group. After all these years, he still needed to be in the spotlight.

Hence, the pre-match warm-up with his players, the quick change into a sharp suit in time for kick-off and then forays on to the field at half-time and full-time.

While they were winning — and they played well in games against Nigeria, South Korea and Mexico — it seemed to work. But when Germany asked him his first big question of this World Cup by scoring in the second minute the great man had no answers.

Until the weekend, Argentina had not played under any kind of pressure since left back Gabriel Heinze headed them into an early lead in their first group game against Nigeria. From that moment, their passage had been untroubled.

But all good coaches have to earn their money at some time if they are going to succeed on this stage — witness the way that Bert van Marwijk turned Holland around to beat Brazil on Friday — and when it was his turn Maradona came up short.

Germany pulled his team to pieces in Cape Town. It was embarrassing, humiliating. Not since 1974 had Argentina conceded four goals in a game at the World Cup finals.

As Germany captain Phillip Lahm explained, his side’s tactics had been quite straightforward. Crowd the space in the centre of the field where the dangerous Lionel Messi and Carlos Tevez wanted to operate and then, when in possession, try to expose the weaknesses of full backs Heinze and Nicolas Otamendi.

It worked beautifully. Messi spent much of the game with the ball seemingly tangled at his feet and, staggeringly, each of Germany’s four goals stemmed from raids down Nicolas Otamendi’s side. Maradona, though, was frozen.

Centre of attention: Maradona, accompanied by his daughter Dalma, continued to be the show despite defeat

Not until his team were 2-0 down did the hopeless Otamendi come off. Only at 3-0 did an extra striker in Sergio Aguero come on but another, Diego Milito, was left on the bench.

Maradona did hardly anything to change his team’s tactics as Germany coach Joachim Low outmanoeuvred him on every level and his gameplan seemed only to revolve around making sure Messi saw as much of the ball as possible.

At this level of the game that will never work, not against the best teams. Afterwards, sympathy was in rather short supply, especially from the Germans.

Young midfielder Thomas Muller, for example, was described as a ‘ballboy’ by Maradona after the two countries met in a friendly in March.

Muller said: ‘For me, this was extremely satisfying. Argentina couldn’t cope with us. We played with tempo and pace and aggression and were by far the better team.

‘We beat Argentina deservedly but I can’t believe that we beat them 4-0. As for Maradona, well, this is special for me. I don’t think that he thinks I am a ballboy any more. I think he knows me now.’

According to Low, Maradona cut a distraught figure in the tunnel after the game. In the Argentina dresssing room, Messi and others were in tears.

Maradona said: ‘This is similar to the sadness I experienced on the day I stopped playing. This is the toughest moment in my life, a kick in the face. I have no more energy.’

It is expected that Maradona will resign as coach of Argentina. One hopes he will. It has been a thrill to have him back, if only for a while.

Maradona almost lost his life to substance abuse a decade ago, and we are lucky to have had one of the World Cup’s most inspiring figures among us again.

Ultimately, though, he failed. By a distance.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2010/article-1291953/WORLD-CUP-2010-Diego-Maradona-finally-exposed-Argentinas-weakest-link--right-back.html#ixzz0soeafcGS

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 05, 2010, 02:32:47 PM »

just like yuh cyah find capitalists in America any more. :devil:
Joker, the NEO NAZI movement bares no political similarities to hitlers nazi movement. as ah matter of fact, main stream germans are appauled by neo nazism.

if yuh looking for the true nazi culture, then take ah trip tuh south america and most caribbean countries. their philosophy abounds there in earnest! don't you see how whites live like kings in these countries and ppl of color survive on the crumbs? BTW yuh country is one ah dem places as well.    sorry tuh buss yuh bubble dude. ;D
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 05, 2010, 02:47:50 PM »
My cousin is a big Argentina fan.  After the game I called him, of course  :devil:, and I told him, horse yuh side needed 2 things a coach and a defence.

I think people forgot that Argentina struggled in the qualifiers and they were ready to fire Maradona at one point.  The Argentinians must be wondering, why didn't we?    ::) ::)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 05, 2010, 06:03:02 PM »
Diego Maradona finally exposed as Argentina's weakest link... along with their right-back

By Ian Ladyman

Last updated at 12:01 AM on 5th July 2010

In the end, one of world football’s greatest icons simply had nothing left to offer. As Germany dissected his Argentina team at Green Point Stadium, Diego Maradona was out of ideas and out of gas.

In some ways, it was a shame. Maradona and his side had provided this World Cup with one of its most captivating themes. A flawed genius trying to inspire a team to achieve what he did in 1986.

But, in retrospect, maybe Argentina were never really likely to win this tournament. Maybe they had too many weaknesses. And perhaps one of those was that when they badly needed a proper coach they found they did not have one.

Found out: Diego Maradona came up short when faced by a proper team and a more tactically aware coach

At the end of Saturday’s 4-0 defeat to Germany, Maradona was on to the field quickly. It is where he feels most at home. He embraced each of his fallen players in turn. There was a kiss on the cheek for each, whether they wanted it or not.

There were no handshakes for the Germans. Sadly, that is not his way.

This is how it has been from the start. Maradona, despite such a stumbling, fractured qualifying campaign, clearly saw himself as the great motivator, a man who could drag the very best from some moderate players and who could guide his country to the World Cup final.

Man's man: His relationship with the players ultimately proved to be not enough to guarantee performance

To those of us who have watched him closely over the last three weeks, the pattern had become familiar. He was a coach who wanted to be at the centre of the group. After all these years, he still needed to be in the spotlight.

Hence, the pre-match warm-up with his players, the quick change into a sharp suit in time for kick-off and then forays on to the field at half-time and full-time.

While they were winning — and they played well in games against Nigeria, South Korea and Mexico — it seemed to work. But when Germany asked him his first big question of this World Cup by scoring in the second minute the great man had no answers.

Until the weekend, Argentina had not played under any kind of pressure since left back Gabriel Heinze headed them into an early lead in their first group game against Nigeria. From that moment, their passage had been untroubled.

But all good coaches have to earn their money at some time if they are going to succeed on this stage — witness the way that Bert van Marwijk turned Holland around to beat Brazil on Friday — and when it was his turn Maradona came up short.

Germany pulled his team to pieces in Cape Town. It was embarrassing, humiliating. Not since 1974 had Argentina conceded four goals in a game at the World Cup finals.

As Germany captain Phillip Lahm explained, his side’s tactics had been quite straightforward. Crowd the space in the centre of the field where the dangerous Lionel Messi and Carlos Tevez wanted to operate and then, when in possession, try to expose the weaknesses of full backs Heinze and Nicolas Otamendi.

It worked beautifully. Messi spent much of the game with the ball seemingly tangled at his feet and, staggeringly, each of Germany’s four goals stemmed from raids down Nicolas Otamendi’s side. Maradona, though, was frozen.

Centre of attention: Maradona, accompanied by his daughter Dalma, continued to be the show despite defeat

Not until his team were 2-0 down did the hopeless Otamendi come off. Only at 3-0 did an extra striker in Sergio Aguero come on but another, Diego Milito, was left on the bench.

Maradona did hardly anything to change his team’s tactics as Germany coach Joachim Low outmanoeuvred him on every level and his gameplan seemed only to revolve around making sure Messi saw as much of the ball as possible.

At this level of the game that will never work, not against the best teams. Afterwards, sympathy was in rather short supply, especially from the Germans.

Young midfielder Thomas Muller, for example, was described as a ‘ballboy’ by Maradona after the two countries met in a friendly in March.

Muller said: ‘For me, this was extremely satisfying. Argentina couldn’t cope with us. We played with tempo and pace and aggression and were by far the better team.

‘We beat Argentina deservedly but I can’t believe that we beat them 4-0. As for Maradona, well, this is special for me. I don’t think that he thinks I am a ballboy any more. I think he knows me now.’

According to Low, Maradona cut a distraught figure in the tunnel after the game. In the Argentina dresssing room, Messi and others were in tears.

Maradona said: ‘This is similar to the sadness I experienced on the day I stopped playing. This is the toughest moment in my life, a kick in the face. I have no more energy.’

It is expected that Maradona will resign as coach of Argentina. One hopes he will. It has been a thrill to have him back, if only for a while.

Maradona almost lost his life to substance abuse a decade ago, and we are lucky to have had one of the World Cup’s most inspiring figures among us again.

Ultimately, though, he failed. By a distance.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/worldcup2010/article-1291953/WORLD-CUP-2010-Diego-Maradona-finally-exposed-Argentinas-weakest-link--right-back.html#ixzz0soeafcGS

This sounds like a guy who still fuming after the mano de dios. Look, Diego was the center of attention because the camera keep showing us  every nuance and gesticulation the man make. That is the man's nature. Fook all a dem armchair QBs. So what if he get he arse wash. He did better than many. Like Brownsuagar, was saying, look how they struggle to qualify and then won their games in the first round. This time around the Germans were just better, especially the physical aspect. Plain and simple. I wish Uraguay would win the WC. I want to hear what they go say about the Dutch, German or Spanish coaches.

1]; } ?>