April 27, 2024, 08:22:08 AM

Author Topic: Fans return to Local Football.  (Read 1798 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Fans return to Local Football.
« on: June 26, 2010, 08:21:02 PM »
By: Rando Bando (ttproleague).

This season the new initiatives by the Digicel Pro League have borne instant fruit with the fans beginning to return to local football by the droves.

The ‘Super Friday’ concept have been described by many a fan as a stroke of genius and have seen thousands of fans coming out every Friday to support their favorite teams and players.

One group of fans who have made the ‘Super Friday’ their after work lime every week is a group of young ladies who work at the COSTAAT head office.

These beautiful young ladies have religiously attended football on Friday evening this season and was thrilled to reveal to the ttproleague.com the reasons for their continued involvement, weekly at ‘Super Friday’.

The most outspoken of the group Juliana Moses stated, “This year is the first time I have followed local football in my life and I have found it to really great experience”, the Cocorite resident continued, “ the football have been good and together with my friends we usually have a great time, enjoying the music, the giveaways and good company”.

Laurane Williams who is considered to be the Blue Jay of the group because of her cheerful spirit and easygoing nature, also expressed delight at having started coming ‘Super Friday’, “before this year I was not much of a football fan, I would watch a few game on television and that was about it but since I started coming football this year I have totally fallen in love with the atmosphere, the vibe and of course local football”.

“The games have been very exciting, especially when Defence Force or Ma Pau are playing and the atmosphere at games are really electric, I feel safe and comfortable and so I can really enjoy myself at games”, the Chaguanas diva ended in her own exciting style, “Waka Waka Digicel Pro League, shine shine Digicel Pro League,” she translated.

“I learn that from James Saunders on TV6,” she with a mischievous smile.

‘Super Friday’ have not only attracted young ladies but young men have also started following local football two should young men are Trinicity resident Jevon Brassey and Randy Griffith son of former ‘Strike Squad’ member Elliot Allen.

These two young though not connected by no bond but their love for football was resounding in their response when asked of the reason for being at the games, “football is our passion but we never know that local football was so exciting and the atmosphere so charged” they said almost in unison, “so this year as the games are being advertised on the radio and television we decided to come and see some of the games and well, you will be seeing us every ‘Super Friday’”   

With such raging reviews football fans are invited to come and be part of the revival of local football as Laurane Williams would say Waka Waka Digicel Pro League.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 08:22:34 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Re: Fans return to Local Football.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 08:38:31 PM »

This season the new initiatives by the Digicel Pro League have borne instant fruit with the fans beginning to return to local football by the droves.

The ‘Super Friday’ concept have been described by many a fan as a stroke of genius and have seen thousands of fans coming out every Friday to support their favorite teams and players.

One group of fans who have made the ‘Super Friday’ their after work lime every week is a group of young ladies who work at the COSTAAT head office.

These beautiful young ladies have religiously attended football on Friday evening this season and was thrilled to reveal to the ttproleague.com the reasons for their continued involvement, weekly at ‘Super Friday’.

The most outspoken of the group Juliana Moses stated, “This year is the first time I have followed local football in my life and I have found it to really great experience”, the Cocorite resident continued, “ the football have been good and together with my friends we usually have a great time, enjoying the music, the giveaways and good company”.

Laurane Williams who is considered to be the Blue Jay of the group because of her cheerful spirit and easygoing nature, also expressed delight at having started coming ‘Super Friday’, “before this year I was not much of a football fan, I would watch a few game on television and that was about it but since I started coming football this year I have totally fallen in love with the atmosphere, the vibe and of course local football”.

“The games have been very exciting, especially when Defence Force or Ma Pau are playing and the atmosphere at games are really electric, I feel safe and comfortable and so I can really enjoy myself at games”, the Chaguanas diva ended in her own exciting style, “Waka Waka Digicel Pro League, shine shine Digicel Pro League,” she translated.

‘Super Friday’ have not only attracted young ladies but young men have also started following local football two should young men are Trinicity resident Jevon Brassey and Randy Griffith son of former ‘Strike Squad’ member Elliot Allen.

These two young though not connected by no bond but their love for football was resounding in their response when asked of the reason for being at the games, “football is our passion but we never know that local football was so exciting and the atmosphere so charged” they said almost in unison, “so this year as the games are being advertised on the radio and television we decided to come and see some of the games and well, you will be seeing us every ‘Super Friday’”   

With such raging reviews football fans are invited to come and be part of the revival of local football as Laurane Williams would say Waka Waka Digicel Pro League.

great. would like to get some attendance figures though.

p.s. Is there any WN.COM/SW.NET plan to go any games this season?
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 08:41:57 PM »

great. would like to get some attendance figures though.

p.s. Is there any WN.COM/SW.NET plan to go any games this season?

Midnight if u inn town we go organize a lime
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 10:57:30 AM »
Games really have more people. I does see patriot there and me and shotta ever present.
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 04:39:27 PM »
Ah glad tuh hear dat it have more people turning up tuh de games, but dey ackin as doh is some master stroke of genius dey pull orf by having de Super Friday ting. Dis coulda be happening years now if only dey was payin attention.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 05:38:05 PM »
ah glad the pro league not getting de 20 people again,but doh let dat snap shot fool yuh.Dey also have to deal with this double header ting.How teams divide the gate receipts and stadiums cost?

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 05:41:39 PM »
well i back from the middle of the week..so done know i go be back in de games..go hadda take in some NE games since my boy playing for them! hada support a fellow whiteboy! ;D
Back in Trini...

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010, 05:50:16 PM »
Plymouth Recreation Ground has also been getting a few more supporters...the only problem is that Tobago United have lost the last 2 games and the next is Defence Force.....not much hope of a win there.....I suspect that DF will have a few supporters from Camp Signal Hill.

It seems that the Pro League has been giving TU a run of home games to help them build some fan base and momentum for the rest of the season......the reason they giving is that it seems to be easier to get tickets for the team travelling from Trini then the team travelling from Tobago......or maybe they will have to pay for TU to stay in Trini because of game times and getting to the airport.

Either way it has helped TU to get some kinda fan base and support that they have not had over the years......a pitty the Stadium got damaged or they might have been able to actually make some money from this as well.....

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 11:10:00 PM »
Ah glad tuh hear dat it have more people turning up tuh de games, but dey ackin as doh is some master stroke of genius dey pull orf by having de Super Friday ting. Dis coulda be happening years now if only dey was payin attention.
like they now figure out Trinis does cant wait till friday for a big lime.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2010, 10:38:22 AM »
now all they have to do is allow rum in de stadium.

i know man smokin weed in football stand umpteen years now already from intercol go up.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2010, 09:58:38 PM »
well i back from the middle of the week..so done know i go be back in de games..go hadda take in some NE games since my boy playing for them! hada support a fellow whiteboy! ;D

Unfortunately, Stars have a bye this weekend!  But next match, make sure you get your supporters shirt and Caribs for $50!!

1]; } ?>