March 28, 2024, 03:45:26 PM

Author Topic: I say enough is enough bring in video replay in soccer......  (Read 3126 times)

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I've been watching football for over forty years now and is the same thing when another side score a goal like the one today by england and the ref doh call it and the funny thing is the fans at home as well in the stadium could clearly see without any doubt the ball cross the line by a mile on the big screen monitor at the game and there tvs.......I'm totally perplexed by this.

I understand it's the way the game has been played for the last 100 years but when man playing they liver string out for the ultimate prize in the world there must be a reasonable solution for controversial calls.

Just my frustration...... still the most beautiful game.... 

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
Re: I say enough is enough bring in video replay in soccer......
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2010, 04:12:20 PM »
I am not in favour of instant replay, because it interferes with the natural flow of the game.  :beermug:

However, the technology exists for the referee to wear an armband that will vibrate if the whole of the ball crosses the whole of the goal line. Why isn't this being used?!  ???

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 04:30:32 PM »
i think its a good idea, its a game changer being 3-1 down, instead of 2-1, i think cricket has taken a good step in alleviating errors made by umpires.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 05:40:07 PM »
when last FIFA listen to.... we the people?

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 08:02:28 PM »
Dey could put d whole of d FBI tuh man goal post.....

England still ah shit side though......

Dem fellas need ah good bush bath ....not even dat might help them
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 08:23:04 PM »
when last FIFA listen to.... we the people?

:beermug:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 08:53:15 PM »
Fifa only creating fuel for anti-soccer critics to keep dumping on the game...

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2010, 09:18:43 PM »
I am not in favour of instant replay, because it interferes with the natural flow of the game.  :beermug:

However, the technology exists for the referee to wear an armband that will vibrate if the whole of the ball crosses the whole of the goal line. Why isn't this being used?!  ???

If FIFA was concerned about flow of the game, they would fine and suspend players who dive and play act. That ruins the flow of the game. Put a video monitor by the 4th official's table and have him speak with center official. The referees are already connected by their headsets. No good reason why this can't be implemented.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2010, 09:24:07 PM »

If FIFA was concerned about flow of the game, they would fine and suspend players who dive and play act. That ruins the flow of the game. Put a video monitor by the 4th official's table and have him speak with center official. The referees are already connected by their headsets. No good reason why this can't be implemented.

Good reason dat is y it aint c d light of day.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2010, 09:59:59 PM »
fuk dat wey yu think this is baseball or nfl?
war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2010, 07:25:17 AM »
They should not show the replays in the stadiums it puts the refs under even more pressure after making a bad call.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2010, 07:58:25 AM »
FIFA: Replay of Tevez goal 'a mistake'

Associated Press

JOHANNESBURG -- FIFA will censor World Cup match action being shown on giant screens inside the stadium after replays of Argentina's disputed first goal against Mexico fueled arguments on the pitch.

Angry Mexico players protested to referee Roberto Rosetti after the screens in Johannesburg's Soccer City showed Argentina forward Carlos Tevez was offside before he scored the opening goal in a 3-1 victory on Sunday.

FIFA spokesman Nicolas Maingot said Monday that replaying the incident was "a clear mistake."

"This will be corrected and we will have a closer look into that," Maingot told a news conference Monday. "We will work on this and be a bit more, I would say, tight on this for the games to be played."

Maingot said the screens were used to broadcast a FIFA "infotainment program" to fans before the match and could be used to replay some match action.

Responsibility for operating the screens falls to South Africa's World Cup organizing committee, which took charge of the 10 stadiums during the tournament.

Organizers' spokesman Jermaine Craig said he had spoken to the stadium broadcasting team about the incident.

"The goal was awarded and it happened relatively quickly," Craig said. "In retrospect, maybe it shouldn't have been shown. It was shown and unfortunately there is nothing we can do about that."

Maingot said FIFA has not yet received feedback from its officials at the match about a mass confrontation between coaches and players behind the Mexico bench as the teams left the field at halftime.

Italian referee Rosetti was at the center of a melee trying to separate heated conversations that included Argentina coach Diego Maradona.

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2010, 08:00:14 AM »
They should not show the replays in the stadiums it puts the refs under even more pressure after making a bad call.

So de man who sittin so far up he need ah telescope to see de players numbers on dey juhzee need to wait till he reach home to see de bess plays an dem on de news if dey show it, even doh he contributin financially to de event by payin fuh ah ticket?!!  Wha f**kry is dis in troot fella?!!  Yuh radder dey eh get it right an hide it dan take any step to potentially correck it?!!  Allyuh so is de bess oui!!

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2010, 08:10:34 AM »

So de man who sittin so far up he need ah telescope to see de players numbers on dey juhzee need to wait till he reach home to see de bess plays an dem on de news if dey show it, even doh he contributin financially to de event by payin fuh ah ticket?!!  Wha f**kry is dis in troot fella?!!  Yuh radder dey eh get it right an hide it dan take any step to potentially correck it?!!  Allyuh so is de bess oui!!

Killer dis is what dey does normally do... they do not show controversial decisions as it may rile up the crowds against the refereeing crew
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2010, 08:22:04 AM »

Killer dis is what dey does normally do... they do not show controversial decisions as it may rile up the crowds against the refereeing crew

Check wha de man say good nah hoss.  Is nuh doh replay controversial moments, is NO REPLAYS (so da must mean none atall right) de man say jedd!  Daiz why I hato ax so wham to de man in de nose bleed seats up at de top when ah bess play happen.  As far as gettin goals right I find dey need to use de arm band an dem by now.  Despite England bein wuss dan ah hot too-too is quite ah different game if yuh level in de span ah 3 minutes dan chasing all game long.  If da lampard goal was allowed it woulda reenergize dem to play good fuh ah extra 5 minutes in de game an dey mighta score ah nex one an ha Germany makin adjusments.

As far as offsides, yuh cah leh ah goal wid ah man 3 yards offsides stand.  if yuh offsides by ah neck den is ah judgement call buh to be so blatantly offside and de goal geh allowed is ah travesty!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2010, 09:17:12 AM »
no video replay, no mike to nobody, if the ref miss it, play on...if yuh in the stadium, watch the game, if yuh doh like the call, cuss the ref, if yuh like the call, applaud the ref...this is football...not video ah video game... yuh team get ah bad goal, cuss the ref (under yuh breath), suck it up and score 2.....yuh want to get close to perfection, let robots and computers play each other...yuh want football, watch the game and argue after...this is passion...yuh want fair, regionalize and make every all-star team from the same size selective pool, and evrybody watch the game on TV....etc...maybe I too old fashion...but ah fine ppl wha take bitchin to ah new level...Man here telling meh, if Messi is the greatest player, he suppose to score goals, since he not scoring, he just like RuinE, if Mexico battin him, and he cyah see he way, then the ref should do something about it, buh the ref busy with the game, and the video/addtl refs could help him, and ensure players like that get a fair chance...well maybe we doh need no ref...change the game to ah honest gentlemans' league and who doh play fair, get banned for life.....ps: if the Nosebleed man just going for the game and get every play, then best he just watch it on TV too 

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2010, 12:05:47 PM »
The integrity of International Football is not questionable anymore, it is now clearly evident that football is corrupt.

Whats more disheartening, is that it is downright ridiculous the lack of recourse one has too incompetent calls on the field. Yet still I continue to watch! Slowly but surely I will start looking at Football like I do Wrestling and Basketball... Entertainment not Sport!

FIFA spokesman Nicolas Maingot said Monday that replaying the incident was "a clear mistake."

FIFA the real MISTAKE was the decision on the field not the replay, address the incompetent decision on the field not the replay. We need more replays not less. WTF!

FIFA executive is corrupt, whats to stop that corruption from filtering down onto the field. Trust me it does. Why bring in instant replay when FIFA will lose some measure of control of results. i.e. Look at FRANCE vs IRELAND ...Yet still we watch.

Understand what I am trying to say, when you and I play football or basketball yes it is a sport, but you only need to look at the NBA playoffs and look at how the Refs make calls and no calls. The Refs control the result, they change momentum. Yes the athletes are out their playing their hearts out, but the Refs are the ones that control the game.

I have seen it so many times, you sit at home wondering WTF just happened, how did he miss that! How did the Ref call that foul there was no contact! etc. Yes basketball is a sport, but the NBA is fixed, small calls during a game changes alot. Bad calls puts key players in foul trouble, it put guys on the free throw line etc. FIFA is the same thing, a foul outside the penalty box, a yellow card to a defender who is man marking etc. Refs have an agenda and when you have an agenda it is easy to find an infringement or to overlook an infringement. You understand what I am saying.

FIFA CORRUPTION at the top and on the field. You will see what I mean.

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2010, 01:23:40 PM »
Has FIFA mentioned either of the incidents yesterday in their "news" on fifa.com? I haven't gone through it all but seems they are awfully silent.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2010, 03:24:02 PM »
FIFA: Replay of Tevez goal 'a mistake'

Associated Press

JOHANNESBURG -- FIFA will censor World Cup match action being shown on giant screens inside the stadium after replays of Argentina's disputed first goal against Mexico fueled arguments on the pitch.

Angry Mexico players protested to referee Roberto Rosetti after the screens in Johannesburg's Soccer City showed Argentina forward Carlos Tevez was offside before he scored the opening goal in a 3-1 victory on Sunday.

"This will be corrected and we will have a closer look into that," Maingot told a news conference Monday. "We will work on this and be a bit more, I would say, tight on this for the games to be played."

Maingot said the screens were used to broadcast a FIFA "infotainment program" to fans before the match and could be used to replay some match action.

Responsibility for operating the screens falls to South Africa's World Cup organizing committee, which took charge of the 10 stadiums during the tournament.

Organizers' spokesman Jermaine Craig said he had spoken to the stadium broadcasting team about the incident.

"The goal was awarded and it happened relatively quickly," Craig said. "In retrospect, maybe it shouldn't have been shown. It was shown and unfortunately there is nothing we can do about that."

Maingot said FIFA has not yet received feedback from its officials at the match about a mass confrontation between coaches and players behind the Mexico bench as the teams left the field at halftime.

Italian referee Rosetti was at the center of a melee trying to separate heated conversations that included Argentina coach Diego Maradona.

Copyright 2010 by The Associated Press

What horse shit!!! They cant replay a goal for the fans to see??!! The better solution is not to ban replays but to get decent refs with video review! Fifa is a damn joke
Hart for president

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2010, 04:39:18 PM »
Is time for the fans to boycott they arse!!!!!!

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2010, 05:31:11 PM »
This is not something new, in Germany they did not allow replays of goals to show on the big screen.
Not sure if anybody ever realize, but the US has been using this to their advantage for years.. I pointed it out to an American friend at the game in Nashville and he realized I was correct. They will show some controversial decisions that are for the US, but anything looking like a bad tackle/ an offside that was close for the other team, they would not replay on the big screen, if however a US player was called offside on a similar play, they would show it...

1]; } ?>