April 27, 2024, 09:49:57 PM

Author Topic: WC 2010 - Match 57 - Quarter-finals: Holland vs Brazil  (Read 39242 times)

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: WC 2010 - Match 57 - Quarter-finals: Holland vs Brazil
« Reply #240 on: July 02, 2010, 11:39:49 AM »
because in truth and fact the score could have been easily 4-1 with all the goals they throw away in the last 10 minutes.

If you using the last 10 mins of scrambling football with Brazil down to 10 men, throwing caution to the wind, and the Dutch packing the box and hoofing it up to the loafers up front.. to make any reasonable assessment of what the score could have been in that game, then you talkin' football from a real novice perspective- I eh look fuh yuh dey at all.  

Daiz not how Brazil beat everybody else in the WC ???
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 02, 2010, 11:44:12 AM »
because in truth and fact the score could have been easily 4-1 with all the goals they throw away in the last 10 minutes.

If you using the last 10 mins of scrambling football with Brazil down to 10 men, throwing caution to the wind, and the Dutch packing the box and hoofing it up to the loafers up front.. to make any reasonable assessment of what the score could have been in that game, then you talkin' football from a real novice perspective- I eh look fuh yuh dey at all.  

you loss me with this one yes, i not even going and bother trying..

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 02, 2010, 11:49:03 AM »
Doh mine it was browns and me alone backing d dutch, now the waggon get full now  :devil: GO HOLLAND  :beermug:

Really!!! Go here ah orn de fuss pg:

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=49645.0

my apologies  ;D  :beermug:

And look at the 2nd post after that one  ;D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 02, 2010, 11:55:35 AM »

from dunga
to (now) dung
and (soon) to dungone!

brazil to benefit.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 02, 2010, 11:57:19 AM »
I have always been fascinated with Brazil from when I first saw their players with Santos 1969 Coutinho, Pele, Clodoraldo and then Brazil in WC 1970.
The style of the individual player was what we all wished to imitate. I remember watching
Rivelinho doing two moves we had never seen. Spanner was the first to adapt it to his game.
Well Pele was Pele, no imitation there he did everything well, left, right, head, pass, dribble, shoot.
Ever since I have supported Brazil, win or lose. Today they lost! That is football! No excuses!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 02, 2010, 12:00:28 PM »
Ever since I have supported Brazil, win or lose. Today they lost! That is football! No excuses!

That's it in a nutshell...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 02, 2010, 12:01:55 PM »

That's it in a nutshell...

ENTTTTTTTT STILL VEX THOU
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #247 on: July 02, 2010, 12:02:37 PM »
I have always been fascinated with Brazil from when I first saw their players with Santos 1969 Coutinho, Pele, Clodoraldo and then Brazil in WC 1970.
The style of the individual player was what we all wished to imitate. I remember watching
Rivelinho doing two moves we had never seen. Spanner was the first to adapt it to his game.
Well Pele was Pele, no imitation there he did everything well, left, right, head, pass, dribble, shoot.
:beermug:

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #248 on: July 02, 2010, 12:05:30 PM »
... And today dey get they arse cut and get run out of S.A. right now  the airport over loaded with Brazilian fans,de sky caps and ticket agents busy,busy,busy!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 12:07:06 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 02, 2010, 01:57:52 PM »
Dis is for mih CEO who when ah tell him earlier in the year that ah backing Holland the man watch mih with such disdain and contempt as though ah cussing the football gods. 

Its also for mih co-worker who when, just last week Friday, I asked "which team yuh backing??" he give mih de ever popular "Brazil duh...."

ORANJE!!!!
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 02, 2010, 02:12:11 PM »
Forced into a substitution he didn't plan on making (Michel Bastos), Dunga got the 2d sub (Luis Fabiano) spot on ... Fuh my $$$ Dunga had a 45-60 minute max squad on the field ... poor Nilmar.

A lot of factors conspired to get this loss ... some are

1. Ramires not being able to play today in some form due to card. Not going to comment on Elano. Very related to Felipe Melo's extended presence on the field.
2. Kaka was rough ... his sharpness is clearly off ... he should have put the game away to make it 2-0. And, he made a woefully errant pass that defined a mental state in a frenzy. So too his decision to take Ooijer outside rather than inside.
3. The lack of depth in the set-play dep't was shown-up ... if not Dani Alves who? Alves was NOT the man to go to today (only Van Persie was worse) ... and, given the XI on the field I couldn't think who could reliably deliver a quality Brazilian ball from central areas (fuh like 15 seconds ah wished Ronaldinho could have morphed into Alves body)
4. Obviously Melo's card created gaps on the field ... these were almost exploited as well as Greece did v Nigeria.
5. The Dutch could have imploded, but they took halftime to quell their issues
6. Brownsugar

I now seeing this....:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 02, 2010, 02:47:53 PM »
Match 57 - Quarter-finals - 02 July
Nelson Mandela Bay/Port Elizabeth - Port Elizabeth Stadium

Head-to-Head

NED:BRA
wins 2:3
draws 4
goals 13:14

Holland have met Brazil three times at a fifa world cup. Both sides have a win and a single draw however the orange has one more goal scored in 5 vs brazil 4.
In International friendlies Brazil have the edge with 2 wins vs hollands solo win in six encounters.
Brazil scoring 10 total goals in friendlies, 2 less than holland.

Under 20 team has met once at fifa world cup only to draw.

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/statisticsandrecords/headtohead/team1=bra/team2=ned/index.html

Tough, but we shall see whom is more important, Julio/Maicon/Lucio or Sniejder

SNEIJDER BEST MIDFIELDER IN THE WORLD

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 02, 2010, 04:34:50 PM »
 :-\
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 02, 2010, 07:10:27 PM »
 :-[

www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 02, 2010, 07:23:39 PM »
lol...to paraphrase de PNM supporters...and sum up both Weary and Observer

"Ah Vex...but ah still backing Brazil!  ;D
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

giggsy11

« Reply #255 on: July 02, 2010, 07:27:54 PM »
Dunga quit!

giggsy11

« Reply #256 on: July 02, 2010, 07:33:54 PM »
Dunga set the tone for how Brasil reacted when they experienced adversity. His complaining and prancing on the sidelines when Brasil didn't calls set a very poor example!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 02, 2010, 07:53:26 PM »
lol...to paraphrase de PNM supporters...and sum up both Weary and Observer

"Ah Vex...but ah still backing Brazil!  ;D

CO-SIGNNNNN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 02, 2010, 08:16:04 PM »
life (and football) strange oui?

imagine you is one of the less heralded players on your team. You set up the goal in the 10th minute and then your team cruising.

you come out at half time with your coach praising you.

Next thing you know, you score ah own goal, your team behind and you get send off and the same coach won't even look at you...

And doh even talk bout yuh own people when you come off the plane

Jeezan...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 02, 2010, 08:43:13 PM »
Dunga quit!

gr8 all d lovers of flair will find a coach to take we 2 d top in Rio. I bookin meh seat 4 d final

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #260 on: July 02, 2010, 08:49:23 PM »
Dunga quit!
He said that wasn't going to continue after the World Cup some time ago.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #261 on: July 02, 2010, 08:56:20 PM »
life (and football) strange oui?

imagine you is one of the less heralded players on your team. You set up the goal in the 10th minute and then your team cruising.

you come out at half time with your coach praising you.

Next thing you know, you score ah own goal, your team behind and you get send off and the same coach won't even look at you...

And doh even talk bout yuh own people when you come off the plane

Jeezan...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/F7WVGBdnqA8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/F7WVGBdnqA8</a>

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 02, 2010, 09:19:07 PM »
Brazil showed their biggest weakness today- not creativity, not flair, not defense...their weakness is all mental.

They beat themselves today- they were cruising, and as soon as things got tense they lost their composure and began to look like a bunch of scrambling schoolboys- it was painful to watch.

They should be very disappointed that they lost to a team that was clearly inferior to them until their complete meltdown...

Congrats to the Dutch, but in all honesty, I eh see nothing convincing from the Dutch.  Really hard to say that they played well more so than Brazil shat the bed...

So it goes- 2014 fuh Brazil... The Dutch march on...

Spot on.  Brazil's weakest link was mental.  This is a squad so used to winning that they seemed to be on cruise control after Robinho's early goal... and get beat real foolish on that free kick.  I ent personally like that Robben make ah meal of the non-foul, but it was a good call, even without contact.  I surprise nobody calling out Julio Cesar (in addition to the defense) on that play.  Was real surprised at how easily they lost their composure after that.

Doh mine it was browns and me alone backing d dutch, now the waggon get full now  :devil: GO HOLLAND  :beermug:

Of course... de two ah allyuh is de diehards and everybody else is waggonists.

Anyways... I only juss finish watching de game and it was a bit anti-climactic after getting the news earlier.  Part of me still can't believe the Dutch actually rose to the occasion... but another part reminds me that Brazil is always the most underachieving team at the World Cup.  There is a sense of entitlement to their play (which they rightly deserve to flaunt to be fair) and their fans (particularly the Brazilians themselves) always look at the Cup as theirs to lose.  Much of that is justified based on their talent, pedigree and track record... but for all of that they don't deliver nearly as much as they should.  In that context this loss is no surprise... but on the strength of their dominance this Cup one almost felt as though they were toying with the competition, waiting to turn it up when necessary. Unfortunately for them "when necessary" came after they were already down a goal... and soon after, down a man.

Go Oranje... between allyuh and Spain, somebody go shake off the "underachiever" label this World Cup :beermug:
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 09:20:49 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 02, 2010, 09:25:38 PM »
Congrats, in particular, to BrownSugar because she drinkin' she oranje juice from day one.  Take some vodka in yuh glass, Gyul!  :beermug:......and congrats to the netherlands and their fans.  

In sports as in life yuh hadda take de good wit de bad but today is a rel bad day to be a supporter of Brazil and Africa in the world of football.  While the officiating was poor and arjen robben, van bommel and ooijer was getting away with murder with their respective theatrics and persistent foul play, Brazil did themselves in by giving in to their emotions and believing they can beat europeans at the only game europeans can beat Brazil at on a football field and that is theatrics and semantics.  The Germany '06 game between holland and portugal as well as robben's history of semantics should have had Dunga and Brazil better prepared, mentally, and better prepared, strategically, to win this game by doing what they do best and that is beating all other nations at just playing football.   The first half showed how easy it would have been but Brazil didn't stick to what was working best for them.  A whole lot of praise has to be showered upon maartin stekelenburg, as well.  There's a reason why he is keeping Kenneth Vermeer on the bench at Ajax and he showed it today.  Them two brilliant saves on those shots by Kaka and Maicon were fine examples of agility, reflexes and positioning and they kept his team from being 3-0 down at the half.

For the people that want to be overly hard on Michel Bastos have to remember, Dunga insist on playing the man out of position.  He is NOT a left back and most of those fouls called against him on robben was more him being a victim of robben's theatrics than anything.  Back to taking the good with the bad....under Dunga, Brazil has been relatively succesful.  They won Copa America, Confederations Cup and topped CONMEBOL in qualifying.  They lost out in the ever-elusive Olympics.  Unfortunately, they lost today in the most important tournament in the world and dunga insisted on doing it his way.  Well....."his way" have them writing "vuvuzelas" on the "anything to declare" section on their customs forms while that tournament is still going on.  I don't care what anybody says, Ronaldinho would have made a difference with this team over the course of the tournament and I think it would have made a difference today.  Good night, all.                

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline julie_mango

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 02, 2010, 09:46:57 PM »
So in other words Brazil shouldah win but Dunga mess them up?  Typical Brazillian fan....

Congrats, in particular, to BrownSugar because she drinkin' she oranje juice from day one.  Take some vodka in yuh glass, Gyul!  :beermug:......and congrats to the netherlands and their fans.  

In sports as in life yuh hadda take de good wit de bad but today is a rel bad day to be a supporter of Brazil and Africa in the world of football.  While the officiating was poor and arjen robben, van bommel and ooijer was getting away with murder with their respective theatrics and persistent foul play, Brazil did themselves in by giving in to their emotions and believing they can beat europeans at the only game europeans can beat Brazil at on a football field and that is theatrics and semantics.  The Germany '06 game between holland and portugal as well as robben's history of semantics should have had Dunga and Brazil better prepared, mentally, and better prepared, strategically, to win this game by doing what they do best and that is beating all other nations at just playing football.   The first half showed how easy it would have been but Brazil didn't stick to what was working best for them.  A whole lot of praise has to be showered upon maartin stekelenburg, as well.  There's a reason why he is keeping Kenneth Vermeer on the bench at Ajax and he showed it today.  Them two brilliant saves on those shots by Kaka and Maicon were fine examples of agility, reflexes and positioning and they kept his team from being 3-0 down at the half.

For the people that want to be overly hard on Michel Bastos have to remember, Dunga insist on playing the man out of position.  He is NOT a left back and most of those fouls called against him on robben was more him being a victim of robben's theatrics than anything.  Back to taking the good with the bad....under Dunga, Brazil has been relatively succesful.  They won Copa America, Confederations Cup and topped CONMEBOL in qualifying.  They lost out in the ever-elusive Olympics.  Unfortunately, they lost today in the most important tournament in the world and dunga insisted on doing it his way.  Well....."his way" have them writing "vuvuzelas" on the "anything to declare" section on their customs forms while that tournament is still going on.  I don't care what anybody says, Ronaldinho would have made a difference with this team over the course of the tournament and I think it would have made a difference today.  Good night, all.                

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 02, 2010, 10:12:38 PM »
the one time brazil was behind in the tournament, they couldn't find a way back. in this respect, they join spain, portugal and chile in that they were ultimately unsuccessful chasing the game. seems both uruguay and the netherlands have been able to reverse an early deficit - sets up an interesting SF.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #266 on: July 02, 2010, 10:30:28 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/xsqpekepa_c" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/xsqpekepa_c</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/AiqvbMFPoYU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/AiqvbMFPoYU</a>
Anybody could translate ?

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 02, 2010, 10:40:20 PM »
the one time brazil was behind in the tournament, they couldn't find a way back. in this respect, they join spain, portugal and chile in that they were ultimately unsuccessful chasing the game. seems both uruguay and the netherlands have been able to reverse an early deficit - sets up an interesting SF.

I eh so sure that being behind is what the issue was......I think that the Brazilians let (in their minds) the officiating get to them.  You could see their frustration building as the game progressed, even before holland  scored the first goal.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #268 on: July 02, 2010, 10:42:02 PM »

I eh so sure that being behind is what the issue was......I think that the Brazilians let (in their minds) the officiating get to them.  You could see their frustration building as the game progressed, even before holland  scored the first goal.
Dunga looked like he was ready to explode since the first half.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #269 on: July 02, 2010, 10:43:22 PM »
http://www.vancouversun.com/sports/Dunga+stupid+Stunned+Brazilians+blame+coach+lack+style+Brazil+crashes/3228895/story.html

"Felipe Melo shouldn't spend his vacation in Brazil," Ronaldo, the striker who led Brazil to its most recent World Cup title in 2002, wrote on his Twitter.

1]; } ?>