April 27, 2024, 08:17:32 PM

Author Topic: Guatemalan coach fired after failing to qualify for 2006 World Cup  (Read 1375 times)

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
not only we does think small-mindley.......thank god for don leo

GUATEMALA FIRE COACH

www.foxsports.com

Guatemala fired coach Ramon Maradiaga Friday after he failed to qualify the country for the 2006 World Cup. The announcement was made by Guatemalan soccer federation General Manager Oscar Arroy

"We have come to an agreement with Maradiaga and the rest of the coaching team that their job was over as of Wednesday when Guatemala was left without an opportunity to participate in the 2006 World Cup," Arroyo said.

Guatemala defeated Costa Rica 3-1 on Wednesday, finishing the team in fifth place in the six-team final round of CONCACAF qualifying. Trinidad and Tobago beat Mexico 2-1 in its final qualifying and finished fourth, two points ahead of Guatemala to earn itself a two-leg playoff against Bahrain for a berth in the 32-team World Cup field.

The federation did not announce a new coach.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 06:38:16 PM by Tallman »
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
Re: not only we does think small-mindley.......thank god for don leo
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2005, 06:33:57 PM »
i woulda fire him too.them doh need ah good coach again.until 2099 them will never qualify. i go be tnt, ja, usa and mex

VICE PRESIDENT OF STERN FOR GOALS COMMITTEE
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Guatemalan coach fired after failing to qualify for 2006 World Cup
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2005, 09:58:41 PM »
thats the second time tnt help fire he ( the primitive)...he was hoduras coach in de last hex....and if yuh check it...both teams sort of play de same kamakazie way...like to pour forward but...will leak goals at the back....dey will beat yuh 3-0,  4-2 and ting then go lose by similar margins....say wha at least he play in a world cup...i think he was the honduran captain in the 82 world cup in spain
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
But eheh the coach said this???
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2005, 09:57:17 PM »
Now I could see why they fired the coach..... Then again he may have been trying to motivate the players. Sometimes reality is tough to see even when you hold it up to a mirror.

Guatemala’s Honduran coach Ramón “Primitivo” Maradiaga came in for criticism from the national media following his pessimistic pre-match appraisal of his side’s chances:

“I’ve done all I can. If we don’t make it to the World Cup, then someone else will have the privilege of going. Guatemala doesn’t have the players to compete in the qualifying group. They’re good enough for the national league, but that’s all,” said a disgruntled Maradiaga, who has spent the last two months criticising his side.     http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/051013/1/4yle.html

If anyone SOLD out the TEAM , it looks like the answer right here.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2005, 09:59:09 PM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: But eheh the coach said this???
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2005, 10:37:08 PM »
But Alberta, he damn right, a few MLS players is all dey could boast about...most of dem home grown.  He got the most out of dem considering he eh have no big set of players who playing fuh big side in Europe.  Maradiaga is known for not mincing his words.  Yuh arks a question, he does shoot straight from de hip.  Dey doh call de man Primitivo fuh no reason yuh know.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2005, 10:39:32 PM »
Ah team like Tobago United from we PFL should pick up dat man to coach here in the islands.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2005, 11:02:13 PM »
If yuh really think about it, he got every ounce out of mediocrity.

1]; } ?>