April 17, 2024, 08:45:10 PM

Author Topic: Tiger Woods-Elin Nordegren Divorce Settlement Reportedly Final  (Read 6716 times)

Offline rotatopoti3

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Tiger Woods-Elin Nordegren Divorce Settlement Reportedly Final
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2010, 08:25:24 AM »
So wha dat means................she doh need the 100 million?

Sure she needs d money....does she deserve that amount...hell NO

Look at Paul McCartney exwife Heather Mills....she wanted 125 mil....she end up getting 50 mil over 4 years
http://edition.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Music/03/18/mccartney.mills/index.html

Anyway, women extorting money in these times aint nothin new regardless of race....

I post dat point of reference to make d point that d gyul aint come from no hand tuh mouth family...
Ah say it, how ah see it

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2010, 09:54:21 AM »
So wha dat means................she doh need the 100 million?

Sure she needs d money....does she deserve that amount...hell NO

Look at Paul McCartney exwife Heather Mills....she wanted 125 mil....she end up getting 50 mil over 4 years
http://edition.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/Music/03/18/mccartney.mills/index.html

Anyway, women extorting money in these times aint nothin new regardless of race....

I post dat point of reference to make d point that d gyul aint come from no hand tuh mouth family...

What the economic status of she family have to do with anything?  If anything it only helps the argument that she didn't marry him for money, and that she not looking for money now.  Everybody flapping they beak about what she deserve from what she ent deserve.  Any of allyuh privy to what take place in that household or privy to her reasons for asking for that amount?  Didn't think so.

The way divorce laws work she doh get half of what he's worth, she can ask for half of what was made during the time they were married... if $750 million is what she's asking then chances are that there's a good reason why she's asking for that figure.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 09:55:55 AM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2010, 10:46:31 AM »
if $750 million is what she's asking then chances are that there's a good reason why she's asking for that figure.

Uh yeah probably cause she shark lawyer suggest that number ....unless you privy to info yuhself that ah former nanny doing the bulk of negotiations on a multi million dollar contract

even if she was forced to scrub every floor in de mansion with ah toothbrush on saturdays ...she eh deserve dat kinda money
Is not to say she meet de man poor and de two ah dem build he image and brand together.
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2010, 11:37:53 AM »
Uh yeah probably cause she shark lawyer suggest that number ....unless you privy to info yuhself that ah former nanny doing the bulk of negotiations on a multi million dollar contract
even if she was forced to scrub every floor in de mansion with ah toothbrush on saturdays ...she eh deserve dat kinda money
Is not to say she meet de man poor and de two ah dem build he image and brand together.

Jackass what "negotiations on a multi million dollar contract" yuh talking about?... whether is she sheself of she lawyer who come up with that figure is besides the point, there's likely a sound basis for calculating that figure.  Contrary to what know-nothings like yourself might believe, there are rules in place against bringing frivolous suits which result in stiff penalties for lawyers.  A lot of time people read uninformed nonsense in the media about supposedly "frivolous" lawsuits without knowing the full details as to the actual merits of the suits.  But all of this is besides the point.

I don't have to be privy to any information as to who came up with the number, but I'm quite familiar with how divorce laws work, and given Tiger's net worth and given how much money he has made SINCE the marriage (apparently you failed to note that point which was previously mentioned), I'm not surprised by the figure.  Whether I personally agree with it is also besides the point... I can't tell that woman what she "deserve" from what she didn't deserve since I didn't have to walk in she shoes.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2010, 12:22:17 PM »

Jackass what "negotiations on a multi million dollar contract" yuh talking about?... whether is she sheself of she lawyer who come up with that figure is besides the point, there's likely a sound basis for calculating that figure.  Contrary to what know-nothings like yourself might believe, there are rules in place against bringing frivolous suits which result in stiff penalties for lawyers.  A lot of time people read uninformed nonsense in the media about supposedly "frivolous" lawsuits without knowing the full details as to the actual merits of the suits.  But all of this is besides the point.

I don't have to be privy to any information as to who came up with the number, but I'm quite familiar with how divorce laws work, and given Tiger's net worth and given how much money he has made SINCE the marriage (apparently you failed to note that point which was previously mentioned), I'm not surprised by the figure.  Whether I personally agree with it is also besides the point... I can't tell that woman what she "deserve" from what she didn't deserve since I didn't have to walk in she shoes.

A know nothing like mihself would figure a bunch of lawyers and accountants sitting around a table talking about how much millions people should get and how assets would be divided would  be called negotiations...and then signing legally binding papers would be yuh know contractual

Perhaps you great learned types call it something else in latin...but I only could use odd layman terms

So anyway, according to you you may not "personally agree" wit the figure......and I certainly dont
so take out de pocket protector and relax nah...is only opinions passin.

Me eh know who call de lady lawsuit frivolous...but she lawyer aksin for too much money.

Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2010, 12:46:12 PM »
A know nothing like mihself would figure a bunch of lawyers and accountants sitting around a table talking about how much millions people should get and how assets would be divided would  be called negotiations...and then signing legally binding papers would be yuh know contractual

Perhaps you great learned types call it something else in latin...but I only could use odd layman terms

So anyway, according to you you may not "personally agree" wit the figure......and I certainly dont
so take out de pocket protector and relax nah...is only opinions passin.

Me eh know who call de lady lawsuit frivolous...but she lawyer aksin for too much money.

Yeah, we use odd latin terms like "settlement agreement", which anyone, learned or not should recognize as being different from a "contract"... since not every agreement rises to the level of a contract.

The mention of "frivolous suits" was to cue you in on the fact that people free to show up in court themselves and make whatever ridiculous claims they want, lawyers don't have that same amount of freedom or else they could be hit with sanctions as steep as having to pay the other party's legal fees.  So again, bottomline is that it easy for people to have uninformed "opinions" and bump they gum about what who deserve and what is too much, but likely there's a good basis upon which that figure was arrived.  The very fact that we hearing that they close to settling on that figure indicates that Tiger also thinks that she deserve something close to that figure if not the whole thing... so who is we to say otherwise?

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 05, 2010, 01:16:33 PM »
Tiger is ah arse if he let he lawyers gave that .Is a good thing bakes ent representing tiger  :rotfl: .Well Tiger boy I think is fair  .No way this going down where she gets more than all his money .

Offline makaveli

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2010, 01:34:58 PM »
ok people, the 100 million was for her SILENCE, which means no interviews, no books. Tiger did in fact a pre nup in place which I would imagine would have been air tight. He renegotiated the pre nup after the affairs became public when he still thought his marriage was going to be saved. That prenup went out the window when the number of women he slept with start increasing by the hr. Again the 100 million is for he to shut her mouth and that is small change compared to what he stands to make when he catch himself and start to win tournies again. An interview by a bitter wife would have further damaged his public image, probably beyond repair.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2010, 02:00:00 PM »
Bakes.. I eh saying that she should not get some sort of money, but that amount hard to digest. Mr Woods been training to be were he's at from a tender age. When most kids his age would be doing less constructive things. She juss come into the scenes and I feel that what was done to her is not worth that amount of coins.

BTW, if was one of my daughters I'd be wining on at red juzzy right now.

JC.. man I feel you have  real inferiority complex, when it comes to white people. Live life a little and give the white fella a chance. There is good in everyone, you juss have to be open to it , rather than spend too much time looking for evil and hate etc. if you need some counseling to get over that hurdle, I'm here my brother.

Breds hold yuh peace!! yuh talkin real outa timin , and from my point of view, it coming over kinda malicious and done in jest rather than out of genuine concern.

first off, i don't need no counseling, maybe you do, but i certainly don't. 2nd , if i had an inferior complex then i'd be talkin like you!. maybe ah superior, but definitely not inferior.

3rd, i keep company maybe wid more white ppl than you, and they are even more critical of white folks than i am, so as far as giving the white fella ah chance, yuh struck out on dat one. 

i really hate talking wid ppl who have no understanding and can't put words spoken into their proper context. most guys on this board is real typical trinis, they kinda remind me of the mid seventies when the rastafarian movement was growing in TNT, and the older heads would catch gripes over how these fellas was wearing they hair.

they were extremely taken aback by this "new" lifestyle and in turn became very abusive and nasty, sort of like what you're doing. callin them "stink head, dirty smelly rasta, they have bugs in dey head" and the list went on! they took ah real subjective narrow minded views on the movement instead of trying tuh understand it.

the movement only became accepted by folks today BC they saw foreigners embrace the movement and put rasta on ah pedestal, now every body and they mammy rockin the hair style! no more bugs dey so.

allyuh on this board sort of remind me of those old timers, just plain ole follow the status quo walk in line, going wid the flow, non objective rumdrinkin know it all (while not knowin shyte) one track minded over opinionated self important jokers, who when another opinion is presented tuh them, tend tuh act out of character for lack of understanding.

thanx for the offer of so called consolation though, but i good. i have some nettle high grade waiting for me that would do the trick better than any therapist.                     TSCHUSS!

maybe a hug then.. looks like you need some love bad, bad.

all that you wrote and it juss sound like every other post you've ever made here. hate, group people as one as long as they don't subscribe to what you believe or feel and try to seem like you know shit. what's next..an insult of some sort.

keep well fren and fester that manner in which you feel you would never be good enough and always measure you and your life to other races  ;)  (I would say "white", but your chip goes beyond the white fella)

Man, what exactly do you want from me??!! BC whatever it is, i'm pretty sure i'm incapable of granting it!  i believe yuh need tuh look else where and leave me be.

yuh say i'm this and that, OK fine, every body cyar please every body, i need this and i need that, fine, it's OK, let me live wid me!

i suggest yuh study yuh daughters and come off ah me, put yuh energy where it matters! after all, yuh have yuh own business tuh tend too but yuh all up in mines emotionally and mentally.

don't you know studying me is ah non profit venture, BC while yuh typing TRYING tuh insult me on the sly, ah man might be putting the hurt on yuh little white freak.

i suggest the next time yuh want tuh psycho Analise folks and play therapist yuh find ah easier target. i welcome the challenge, but yuhs ah light weight!

i need ah real challenge, and man like true trini and kakahole rabbit tend tuh be ah bit more educated and on the up on up. they will be much more engaging and worthwhile wasting precious time dialoging wid than some forkin rum belly dunce wid ah mammy complex!!

the next time yuh feel the need tuh hug someone, or play dr ruth, i suggest yuh take ah good look below yuh waist, Bc i sure yuh dick need ah hug more than me, after all it may not be getting the attention that it needs since yuh always on the computer trying tuh set the world straight.

So low me and go back doing what yuh do best nah fella ! drink yuh rum and ah punchacreama and fork off nah byoi!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 02:11:03 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2010, 02:05:35 PM »
JC.. as expected.

hug and love still available.. keep well.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2010, 03:12:11 PM »

Yeah, we use odd latin terms like "settlement agreement", which anyone, learned or not should recognize as being different from a "contract"... since not every agreement rises to the level of a contract.

The mention of "frivolous suits" was to cue you in on the fact that people free to show up in court themselves and make whatever ridiculous claims they want, lawyers don't have that same amount of freedom or else they could be hit with sanctions as steep as having to pay the other party's legal fees.  So again, bottomline is that it easy for people to have uninformed "opinions" and bump they gum about what who deserve and what is too much, but likely there's a good basis upon which that figure was arrived.  The very fact that we hearing that they close to settling on that figure indicates that Tiger also thinks that she deserve something close to that figure if not the whole thing... so who is we to say otherwise?

Ok, lemmih get this straight when a bunch of sharks sit around a table  to talk about a "settlement agreement" its not negotiations…and a signed "settlement agreement" is not a contract…got it ::)

Anyway you self  trying to duck the loophole that the ambulance chasers don’t need to file a " frivolous" lawsuit themselves as they have tons of of clown clients that they file for on their behalf
kinda like: http://news.cnet.com/8301-31021_3-20009399-260.html

But I digress,,dias what "know nothings" like mihself does do instead of semantic smoke & mirrors

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2010, 08:40:48 PM »

Ok, lemmih get this straight when a bunch of sharks sit around a table  to talk about a "settlement agreement" its not negotiations…and a signed "settlement agreement" is not a contract…got it ::)

I dunno what a bunch of "sharks" do when they sit around a table... but you apparently are well-familiar with their practice so maybe you can share?  What I can tell you is that if lawyers are sitting around a table hashing out the details of a settlement that is not a contract that they're negotiating.  At it's basic a contract requires consideration... after googling the term, please feel free to share how it applies in this "contract" of yours.  I'd bother to spell out other differences for you but you've already demonstrated yourself incapable of understanding simple concepts.  Any further effort will similarly be deemed "semantics" to your uneducated ear so why bother.

Anyway you self  trying to duck the loophole that the ambulance chasers don’t need to file a " frivolous" lawsuit themselves as they have tons of of clown clients that they file for on their behalf
kinda like: http://news.cnet.com/8301-31021_3-20009399-260.html

But I digress,,dias what "know nothings" like mihself does do instead of semantic smoke & mirrors

Instead of looking for "smoke & mirrors" that don't exist why don't you instead make a genuine effort to understand the simple English written before your eyes?  I said nothing about what lawyers file on their own behalf relative to what they file on the behalf of their clients.  What I did say is that unlike the pro se litigants (individuals who file their own cases themselves), lawyers have ethical and other considerations (such as court-imposed sanctions) to consider as deterrents to filing frivolous claims.  This of course doesn't mean that the odd frivolous claim isn't filed, but what often goes unnoticed by many, except for those in the profession, is the follow up disciplinary hearings which results in sanctions after many of these claims are thrown out.  You don't have to agree by the process by which the alleged $750 million was arrived at, but without knowing more I can guarantee you that there is some process and/or calculation which was used, and which has to be explained before the judge will sign off on it.

Again... as I said, the very fact that the two sides are throwing this about as a settlement amount points to the fact that Tiger's side think it's somehow reasonable.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 09:53:09 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 05, 2010, 09:32:28 PM »
Righto so, "uneducated" me actually manage to googlez up consideration while drooling allover mih keyboard...so according to what ah read...consideration is when there is something of legal value within the contract

so I ask again mr. smoke and mirrors...IS a signed settlement agreement a a contract or not??...help mih out nah, yuh know ah not too bright

Again... as I said, the very fact that the two sides are throwing this about as a settlement amount points to the fact that Tiger's side think it's somehow reasonable.

as you said? who cares what you said...since you and I have no clue what transpired within this "alleged settlement agreement" your opinion is as weighty and valid as mine

Maybe tiger and his lawyers willin to give in to the other side rather than drag out such a high profile case in the courts and the media further damaging his image/brand and possibly jeopardize the man future earnings.

as an addendum mr genius..you could look up any T&T Form 4 'Principles of business' text book and find a chapter on contracts and the almighty 'consideration' that you do so enjoy lauding over us 'uneducated' types.

anyway leh mih wipe up de drool and look for the manual to see how to switch off the computer.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 05, 2010, 10:02:13 PM »
Righto so, "uneducated" me actually manage to googlez up consideration while drooling allover mih keyboard...so according to what ah read...consideration is when there is something of legal value within the contract

No, you dunce.  Consideration is when something of legal value is exchanged by both parties, promisor and promissee.  Go back and read yuh google link... or yuh Form 4 POB book again... the lessons evidently above yuh understanding.  When yuh finished please point out for us what consideration Elin Nordgren has given up/will be giving up in this "contract" of yours.  Doh even know why I even bothering to go back and forth with you on this... somebody whose body of knowledge is google and Form 4 text books.

so I ask again mr. smoke and mirrors...IS a signed settlement agreement a a contract or not??...help mih out nah, yuh know ah not too bright

Calling you jackass is becoming redundant... absent consideration an agreement, signed or not, is not a contract.  Thus ends your Contracts 101 lesson for the day.  Back to the Tiger/Elin settlement.

as you said? who cares what you said...since you and I have no clue what transpired within this "alleged settlement agreement" your opinion is as weighty and valid as mine

I care what I said, which is why I'm reiterating it for you.  I never professed to know what going on with the discussions... unlike you and yuh presumptive conclusions about what right and what fair.

Maybe tiger and his lawyers willin to give in to the other side rather than drag out such a high profile case in the courts and the media further damaging his image/brand and possibly jeopardize the man future earnings.

LOL... you serious?? Lol.... yeah, at this point Tiger and his team really concerned about negative publicity and lost earnings  :rotfl: :rotfl:

as an addendum mr genius..you could look up any T&T Form 4 'Principles of business' text book and find a chapter on contracts and the almighty 'consideration' that you do so enjoy lauding over us 'uneducated' types.

anyway leh mih wipe up de drool and look for the manual to see how to switch off the computer.

Not "us" just you yuh incorrigible dotard.  At least now I better understand de basis of yuh unintelligent mutterings on the issue.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2010, 07:13:57 AM »
I dunno,,this dotard does only go where yuh send mih..and where you does get de bulk of your scholarly info
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Is+a+settlement+agreement+a+contract
You argue wit dem

Yeah ah guess yuh right. nobody concerned with Tiger image or any negative publicity associated with it.
All pictures and events have been on a whim.

Take win breds
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 07:19:31 AM by Dutty »

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2010, 12:12:45 PM »
tell me something - isn't tiger incorporated? don't all of his earnings from various sources (sponsorship deals, pga tour, etc.) going to his company and then he "getting paid" through his company? doh tell me there is no way to distinguish "tiger, the golfer" from "tiger, the father, sex addict, etc.".

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 06, 2010, 03:17:12 PM »
Just a point of reference here......

Elin Nordegren was born in Stockholm, Sweden. Her mother, Barbro Holmberg, is a politician and former Swedish migration and asylum policy minister. Her father, Thomas Nordegren, is a radio journalist who served as a bureau chief in Washington, D.C.

So wha dat means................she doh need the 100 million?  :idea:

If was ah 100 million I say give de lady she money..all de suffering and embarassment she put up with

but is she 3/4 of ah billion fackin dollars she lookin like she bout to flex wit ,,,fuh wwuh?

Looking like is 100 million

http://cnmnewsnetwork.com/123451/tiger-woods-divorce-settlement-100-million-were-affairs-worth-it/

maybe somebody leak 750 million.. so 100 ent go look so outrageous in de end?  :-\
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2010, 08:11:00 PM »
I dunno,,this dotard does only go where yuh send mih..and where you does get de bulk of your scholarly info
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Is+a+settlement+agreement+a+contract
You argue wit dem

As I said to you... again, any agreement, whether a settlement agreement or not, does not rise to the level of a contract unless there's a mutual exchange of 'consideration' in the matter.  Quoting from the first link returned by the search parameters you provided

"The settlement agreement stipulated a lump sum payment of $32,000 to Ms. Melton to put her claim to rest."

I really wasn't trying to get into all of this legal minutiae but here we are anyways.  The $32,000 offered by the DHHS in this case is their consideration.  In exchange for that Deborah Melton is also being asked to give some sort of consideration.  In this case she's giving up a right... the right to sue the DHHS.  Here you have a mutual exchange of consideration therefore it's a valid contract.

In the case of Tiger and his wife... he's allegedly offering $750 million (or $100 million whatever the amount), that's his consideration.  In this case his wife really isn't offering anything in return... it's not as though she giving up her right to sue him, because she's still suing for divorce.  It can be argued that she's giving up the right to sue for more money but that's not how settlement agreements work when it comes to marriage and dissolution law. 

At any rate, the name-calling on my part was unnecessary so for that I apologize.  Sometimes I need to remember that even though I might just be a lowly court stenographer, I'm in a position to share what I know and help people understand issues better... and not lose patience with what I consider "silly" arguments.  People have a right to challenge what I say if it doesn't make sense to them w/o me getting irritated with them... at times.  Doh make it ah habit, lol.

Yeah ah guess yuh right. nobody concerned with Tiger image or any negative publicity associated with it.
All pictures and events have been on a whim.

Take win breds

The idea that Tiger's lawyers willing to settle to avoid any further harm to his earnings and reputation, is a fair guess.  I don't think there's much truth to it simply because Tiger has lost all but one of his endorsements, Nike.  He's taken as huge a hit to the reputation as he'll ever take.  There is nothing that could come out of a protracted public divorce that will hurt him anymore than he's already been hurt.  If anything I could see him willing to settle to avoid his family being made a public spectacle of, but as for he himself, I personally think he's been thru the worst already.

----------------------------------------

tell me something - isn't tiger incorporated? don't all of his earnings from various sources (sponsorship deals, pga tour, etc.) going to his company and then he "getting paid" through his company? doh tell me there is no way to distinguish "tiger, the golfer" from "tiger, the father, sex addict, etc.".

Yes there is a way to distinguish Tiger Woods the person from Tiger Woods the corporate entity, but assuming he is in fact incorporated it probably wouldn't matter... his wife very easily could "pierce the corporate veil" to go after both his personal and coporate assets in this case.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 08:16:31 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2010, 06:24:47 AM »
At any rate, the name-calling on my part was unnecessary so for that I apologize.  Sometimes I need to remember that even though I might just be a lowly court stenographer, I'm in a position to share what I know and help people understand issues better... and not lose patience with what I consider "silly" arguments.  People have a right to challenge what I say if it doesn't make sense to them w/o me getting irritated with them... at times.  Doh make it ah habit, lol.

No need for all dat wit me breds,, I doh take nuttn on this board seriously

But ah go accept it on behalf of a few people who yuh get a lil acerbic with over de years.
Respect

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2010, 07:04:02 PM »
No need for all dat wit me breds,, I doh take nuttn on this board seriously

But ah go accept it on behalf of a few people who yuh get a lil acerbic with over de years.
Respect

Yeah well I never mean nutten personal neither... except in on or two very obvious instances, dealing with individuals (not to be named) who are clearly idiots.  I ent the most patient and things that might be crystal clear to me understandably are more nebulous to the average joe.  Easy to lose track of that sometimes...

1]; } ?>