March 28, 2024, 05:10:41 AM

Author Topic: Jack Warner to act as Prime Minister  (Read 5053 times)

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jack Warner to act as Prime Minister
« on: July 01, 2010, 03:02:15 PM »
Well folks the man has taken one more step to the office of Prime Minister..Just heard on the news that he has been appointed to act as Prime Minister while Kamla is away on official duties..Gotta respect Jack's hustle

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Jack Warner to act as Prime Minister
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2010, 03:44:26 PM »
oh shit  :o lol
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2010, 07:05:08 PM »
i don't believe this
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 07:54:50 PM »
i don't believe this

Y please explain
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 08:08:14 PM »
*ahem*

So how dooks eh get a small end? Unless dey doing it on a rotational basis?

AND HOW DE HELL FIFA EH MAKE A STATEMENT ON DIS YET? OR I MISS IT?

The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 08:33:09 PM »
*ahem*

What statement and bout what nuten wrong eh happen.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Trinione

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 08:47:40 PM »
God help TnT... I am totally scared by how things have been progressing with Jack.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 08:56:45 PM »
I'm not scared by things....Jack Warner is a duly elected official and so his appointment is notable...In fact he got the highest number of votes in the election again...You need to fear the people who are electing our officials..They have the power..Jack only have power as long as people give him...!!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 09:07:03 PM »
Next ting.

I hear Spalk gone south africa to ketch de ending up of de world cup and talk with blatter? Dah true?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2010, 09:12:13 PM »
I think today he said something abt going to South Africa but i didn't really catch on...I really think he gone...he say total funding for the girls campaign amounted to 11 million dollars and 150 thousand was provided from the government which was taken from the men senior team.. He also say that he see nothing wrong with the Australian FA paying for our girls to take a trip to Cyprus to play football...Infact he welcomes any more help from the international community and would promote it..!!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2010, 09:18:40 PM »
I think today he said something abt going to South Africa but i didn't really catch on...I really think he gone...he say total funding for the girls campaign amounted to 11 million dollars and 150 thousand was provided from the government which was taken from the men senior team.. He also say that he see nothing wrong with the Australian FA paying for our girls to take a trip to Cyprus to play football...Infact he welcomes any more help from the international community and would promote it..!!

Oh hoh. I see. No word about transparency and accountability? Or that transparent enuff?

Offline Trinione

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2010, 09:34:08 PM »
I'm not scared by things....Jack Warner is a duly elected official and so his appointment is notable...In fact he got the highest number of votes in the election again...You need to fear the people who are electing our officials..They have the power..Jack only have power as long as people give him...!!

People does be wrong all the time, does not stop me from being scared for my country now jack have so much power.
Anyway a brick could have run in chaguanas west for the UNC and won by a blow out, so I don't count jack's election as a notable event.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2010, 09:46:02 PM »
*ahem*

What FIFA supposed to say? 

Allyuh sure allyuh understand what "no government involvement in football mean"?

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2010, 10:13:54 PM »
*ahem*

What FIFA supposed to say? 

Allyuh sure allyuh understand what "no government involvement in football mean"?

No i probably guess not. Which is why i asking fot the FIFA statement so i could have it clarified from the horse's mouth. I probably wrong for thinking that I would need to be constantly reminded as to what capacity a person would be acting in when they make certain pronouncements. But what i getting from this stance is....that you could be involved in government..and a football federation. But a government official cannot come in and dictate what should happen in a football federation.

But...we know that the special adviser of the TTFF tends to take a very hands on approach in directing the TTFF's affairs. Would that or wouldn't that constitute government interference..or at least give that perception? This is why to me the FIFA position on this particular situation really is interesting.

Buh maybe is just me.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2010, 10:27:20 PM »
But what i getting from this stance is....that you could be involved in government..and a football federation. But a government official cannot come in and dictate what should happen in a football federation.

Similar to how I have always interpreted it... except I don't see it being about "a government official"... it have other FIFA Execs who serving in their countries' respective governments.  The statement is more about Government directing, dictating, controlling, interfering with...etc, the affairs of the local federations/football.

Tangential relationships are fine... ah mean, me eh no Jack fan but this is the commonsense approach, there can be overlap between the two, but when government starts infringing on the autonomy of the local FIFA franchisee, is then there are problems.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2010, 04:11:22 AM »
Jack is Acting Prime Minister
By Clint Chan Tack (T&T Newsday).

PRIME MINISTER Kamla Persad-Bissessar once again demonstrated her continued trust in Works and Transport Minister Jack Warner when she yesterday selected him over more politically experienced members of her Cabinet to act in her stead while she is out of the country next week.

Making the announcement at the post-Cabinet news conference at the Office of the Prime Minister, St Clair press secretary Garvin Nicholas said Persad-Bissessar leaves Trinidad and Tobago tomorrow to attend the Caricom Heads of Government meeting in Montego Bay, Jamaica from Sunday (July 4) to Wednesday (July 7).

Nicholas said Persad-Bissessar will address the opening of the meeting at the Rosehall Resort and Spa on Sunday in her capacity as “a newly elected head.” The meeting will be her first Caricom leaders meeting since being elected as Prime Minister on May 24. Last month, Guyana President Bharath Jagdeo paid a courtesy call on Persad-Bissessar ahead of the Jamaica meeting to discuss new forms of economic cooperation between both countries.

Nicholas also said Persad-Bissessar will address the human and development session of the Caricom meeting, on the issue of crime and security. TT is responsible for security matters in the regional body’s quasi-Cabinet. The Prime Minister will be accompanied on her trip by Foreign Affairs Minister Dr Suruj Rambachan and Trade and Industry Minister Stephen Cadiz.

After the meeting ends, Nicholas said Persad-Bissessar will conduct “a working visit” to Kingston on the invitation of Jamaican Prime Minister Bruce Golding from Thursday (July 8] to Friday (July 9) when she departs for Miami. Persad-Bissessar will stay in Miami from Friday to Sunday (July 11) where she will visit with family and attend a private function. The Prime Minister returns home on Monday (July 12).

Nicholas stated while Persad-Bissessar is abroad Warner “will act as Prime Minister.” This means that Warner will miss the 2010 World Cup Final in South Africa, which he would usually have attended, which takes place on July 11. However Sports Minister Anil Roberts will be in South Africa having been given permission by Persad-Bissessar and the Cabinet to accept FIFA president Sepp Blatter’s invitation to attend the World Cup.

During the conference, Newsday asked Roberts and Attorney General Anand Ramlogan whether Warner’s acting appointment raised any concerns within the Cabinet given the recent controversy over Warner’s positions as Works Minister and FIFA vice-president.

On June 17, Government released the opinions of four eminent legal counsels who said Warner was not breaching any law by simultaneously holding the posts. That advice was sought after Opposition Leader Dr Keith Rowley wrote the Integrity Commission on June 7 to seek an opinion on the matter. On June 9, the commission issued a statement which did not say whether it was right or wrong for Warner to hold both posts. The commission simply advised all persons who were Cabinet ministers to conform to the code of conduct set out in the Integrity in Public Life Act.

Both Cabinet ministers were also asked by Newsday whether Persad-Bissessar would always pick Warner to act for her, rotate her choice among other elected MPs who are Cabinet ministers or even allow a Cabinet minister who is a senator to act as prime minister.

While the PNM was in office from 2001 to May 24 2010, senators Dr Lenny Saith and Joan Yuille- Williams were the only persons who acted for then Prime Minister Patrick Manning whenever he was abroad.

Ramlogan felt Warner was “an obvious for this acting prime ministership” since he had received the highest number of votes in the general election among all elected MPs and was the chairman of the United National Congress (UNC). He said only Persad-Bissessar could decide whether Warner will always act for her or choose other Cabinet ministers. He reiterated that the Warner- Integrity Commission matter was a non-issue and added that Warner recuses himself from Cabinet meetings whenever a potential conflict of interest could arise.

Ramlogan also said Warner will not make any prime ministerial decisions while Persad-Bissessar is abroad. Stating that all Warner will be required to do in Persad-Bissessar’s absence is to chair the weekly Cabinet meeting, Ramlogan said, “Should any matter arise, in the Prime Minister’s absence, we will simply defer it.”

Roberts praised Persad-Bissessar for having the “the fortitude, strength, understanding and care for the people” to choose an elected MP to act for her while she was overseas.

He told reporters after the briefing that Warner recused himself from the Cabinet meeting before Persad-Bissessar announced he would act for her. Roberts said Warner also recused himself from the meeting when he brought notes to discuss matters pertaining to the TT Pro Football League. Warner is special adviser to the TT Football Federation. See pages 45A, 46A.

During a tour of the Prime Minister’s Residence and Diplomatic Centre at La Fantasie later in the day, Nicholas responded to questions about why Finance Minister, and COP leader, Winston Dookeran was overlooked to act as prime minister. Noting there was much public speculation on this matter, Nicholas said, “The Prime Minister decided that the best choice at this time was Minister Jack Warner, as a result of that she chose Minister Warner.”

While the UNC and COP were still finalising what seats would be contested in the local government election, Nicholas said, “there is a People’s Partnership Government in place. There are different people with different roles but it does not mean for a second when the Prime Minister goes out on official duties internationally that she will rotate leaders of the People’s Partnership to act as Prime Minister.”

Nicholas said the Partnership agreement was about fighting the election in a particular way “but then we govern in another way.”
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 04:13:34 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2010, 04:28:59 AM »
I just lost respect for Kamala...
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2010, 05:29:12 AM »

People does be wrong all the time, does not stop me from being scared for my country now jack have so much power.
Anyway a brick could have run in chaguanas west for the UNC and won by a blow out, so I don't count jack's election as a notable event.

Ask Dookeran who ran with the NAR coalition in '86 in that seat and won by a landslide,den next election ran against Hulsie and was left crying.
If we want to see how good Jack is let him go up for UNC in Tunapuna,a marginal seat closer to home.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2010, 06:40:04 AM »

CO-SIGNNNN

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2010, 07:44:32 AM »
It's all gravy, baby.

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2010, 07:46:38 AM »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2010, 08:01:45 AM »

More things change the more they remain the same.

Ramlogan cussing COP
More drill baby drill from Seebachan
Foriegn COP/local COP
Arrogance starting.
PM in the palace (expect a palace state of mind soon)

More will come and we will ask " what change?"

Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2010, 10:35:14 AM »

FIXED
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 10:37:03 AM by Babalawo »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2010, 10:37:39 AM »

FIXED

THXS 4 STATIN D OBVIOUS

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
  • Curried Wild Meat With Plenty Hot Pepper
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2010, 10:51:41 AM »

Did I kamla move into d palace? I am asking because I don't know

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2010, 11:04:57 AM »

2 weeks ago, after saying no during the campaign. Another political lie

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 02, 2010, 11:15:46 AM »

ah mean, even if u want to look at it as being hypocrisy, to do otherwise would have been foolish, especially when u consider d dumb suggestion dat was being bandied around re what to do wit it, like it or not, it is now d official residence.... full stop
I pity the fool....

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 02, 2010, 11:41:58 AM »

ah mean, even if u want to look at it as being hypocrisy, to do otherwise would have been foolish, especially when u consider d dumb suggestion dat was being bandied around re what to do wit it, like it or not, it is now d official residence.... full stop
the only foolish thing is to say yuh not going to live there in the first place

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 02, 2010, 11:44:01 AM »

the only foolish thing is to say yuh not going to live there in the first place

IZ BECAUSE IT WAS MANNING PALACE

1]; } ?>