April 16, 2024, 05:32:44 AM

Author Topic: WC 2010 - Match 61 - Semi-finals: Uruguay vs Holland  (Read 29660 times)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: WC 2010 - Match 61 - Semi-finals: Uruguay vs Holland
« Reply #210 on: July 07, 2010, 03:53:51 AM »
I hadda go to work.....but ah comin' back fuh allyuh ass dis afternoon!  (especially YOU, Diehard!)   :duel: :challenge: :flamethrower: :arguing: :duel: :challenge: :flamethrower: :arguing: :duel: :challenge: :flamethrower: :arguing:;D

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 07, 2010, 04:00:17 AM »
So all de people who vex wit Uruguay.....

None a allyuh vex wit Gyan?

Ah mean...is he who trow way de penalty....not even forcin de goalie to save.

I eh seein no invective hurled he way....only towards DE ENTIRE URUGUAYAN TEAM

Ghana was given a golden opportunity to PUT THEMSELVES INTO DE WORLD CUP SEMI FINALS

IN AFRICA

And dey CHOKED!

Allyuh really vex wit Uruguay in trute?

Or is it dat allyuh seein a reflection of allyuhself in Ghana and is DAT allyuh REALLY vex bout?

:devil:

Palos, you fuh real?!  Of course, as a BLACK MAN I could be disapointed in Gyan for missin' de penalty......but as man of AFRICAN HERITAGE, why would I "hate" him like I would "hate" a european in this tournament....on AFRICAN soil?  I still happy fuh him and proud of what he has done as well as all of the African teams that participated (even Algeria) even though their success was limited.  I expect you to see de bigger picture man.  ;)

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 07, 2010, 06:36:49 AM »
I hadda go to work.....but ah comin' back fuh allyuh ass dis afternoon!  (especially YOU, Diehard!)   :duel: :challenge: :flamethrower: :arguing: :duel: :challenge: :flamethrower: :arguing: :duel: :challenge: :flamethrower: :arguing:;D

:violin:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 07, 2010, 07:18:46 AM »
I love Dutch women-E-man any pics?

um, ah thought u were female?  ::)  :angel:  :devil:

Big Up!

Was wondering... big up yuhself!
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 07, 2010, 08:07:49 AM »
ruud look reall y hapy on espn yes.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/6XdvVnaU4HM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/6XdvVnaU4HM</a>

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 07, 2010, 08:59:36 AM »
Palos, momentum is ah hell of ah thing! when yuh take away momentum from ah team, yuh could basically steal their flow and cause them to choke!!

but tuh remind yuh of what happened last friday. suarez was behind the goal line and INTENTIONALLY punch the ball out the goal, ah sure goal @ that! IMO that goal shoulda stood and the game blown off right after wards!  the last time i checked that was horrible sportsman ship and CHEATING in the worst way!!!!!

THANK YOU!!!!   :beermug:

Palos, momentum is ah hell of ah thing! when yuh take away momentum from ah team, yuh could basically steal their flow and cause them to choke!!

but tuh remind yuh of what happened last friday. suarez was behind the goal line and INTENTIONALLY punch the ball out the goal, ah sure goal @ that! IMO that goal shoulda stood and the game blown off right after wards!  the last time i checked that was horrible sportsman ship and CHEATING in the worst way!!!!!
[/color]

Abso F***ing lutely Spot On  !!!

First.  France was taken care off by faith and did not make it out of the first round. Enough said.

Holland winning this game is also a good thing for football. Could you imagine Uruguay winning this game, going to

the finals or winning the Cup? This would have been an everlasting stain on football. The way I see it is,Faith used

Holland to save football for us today and also took care of France. Poetic Justice prevailed.

It’s all about the integrity of the game. The end does not justify the means. For true football fans, fair play,

sportsmanship, character and honor are what it’s all about.  Cheating does not have anyplace here.

Long live the beautiful games.

PREACH!!!  :beermug:
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 07, 2010, 09:11:19 AM »
Is funny how people like to hide behind MAN MADE rules to justify the actions of others.  This is only a football discussion, but the same thing can be said of many life critical decisions that were all made by ABIDING BY THE RULES that have affected and continue to affect many, cases in point:

(1) These greedy wall street executives who care not for others and packaged these ridiculous loans aiding in promoting a financial meltdown.  Yes the man who cannot afford a house and bought a car is at fault, just like Gyan is for missing the penalty.  But does the end justify the means?  The wall street exec will never suffer, the man who was cleaning the floor at night in Barclays, JP Morgan, and AIG who lost his job b/c of so-called "cut backs" who was trying to send his kid through college to get a better life suffers.

(2) What about the greedy BP execs as well?  As a scientist, you never make decisions w/o thinking about safety first, well this clearly was not the case w/BP, now severe economic effects for folks in the gulf, hotels closed, folks left unemployed, the single parent who again was cleaning rooms for a living and cannot move out of that area and probably has 1-2 mouths to feed is left to ponder what next.

All of the above operated within the so-called rules, let's be real, folks who are being critical of Gyan, while this is only a football discussion, perhaps would make others gladly feel the brunt of their own arrogance like BP, AIG, and others b/c they were abiding by the so-called rules
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 07, 2010, 09:26:29 AM »
Yes the man who cannot afford a house and bought a car is at fault, just like Gyan is for missing the penalty.  But does the end justify the means?  

???????? ???
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 07, 2010, 09:27:26 AM »
Yes the man who cannot afford a house and bought a car is at fault, just like Gyan is for missing the penalty.  But does the end justify the means?  

???????? ???

What's the end Marcos from Uru's perspective?  What means did the employ to achieve it?
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 07, 2010, 09:49:12 AM »

[/color]

First.  France was taken care off by faith and did not make it out of the first round. Enough said.

Holland winning this game is also a good thing for football. Could you imagine Uruguay winning this game, going to

the finals or winning the Cup? This would have been an everlasting stain on football. The way I see it is,Faith used

Holland to save football for us today and also took care of France. Poetic Justice prevailed.

It’s all about the integrity of the game. The end does not justify the means. For true football fans, fair play,

sportsmanship, character and honor are what it’s all about.  Cheating does not have anyplace here.

But Uruguay will argue they did not get away with cheating but paid the penalty but unfortunately Gyan missed his opportunity to knock them out and so they won the game against Ghana fairly within the rules of the game!  8)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 09:52:29 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 07, 2010, 10:03:21 AM »
i still think that the goal shouldve been awarded to ghana...pure BS i doh care what anybody say. the ball was going in for sure.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 07, 2010, 10:19:57 AM »
i still think that the goal shouldve been awarded to ghana...pure BS i doh care what anybody say. the ball was going in for sure.

You don't change the rules to suit popular sentiment; the rules are the rules and once they are ad-held to then the match was won or lost fairly! We could have argued if the ref had made a gross error where the rules are concerned that resulted in the last African team Ghana being knocked out but that is not the case is it?! 
Better luck to Ghana next time, they will have to chalk that one down to a harsh learning experience! 8)

In all honesty I wish it was T&T who had qualified for a second World Cup in a row and had progressed to the quarter-finals this time to gain that valuable experience! Right now I would have been bragging to everyone that in Brazil 2014 we T&T will have a good chance of improving on our 2010 World Cup performance and meeting Brazil in the 2014 World Cup final! And man would not be looking at me like a confirmed madman if I was brave enough to say that!!  >:(

But funnily thats a dream our Ghanians friends can realistically have but for us Trinbagonians it’s just a wonderful dream that has a 0% chance of coming thru, the TTFF will see to that, how sad!  :'(
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 10:55:05 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 07, 2010, 10:30:07 AM »
The fact is the ball did not cross the line...alyuh doh read "You are the Ref" or wha?...d ball ent cross dat is d rule.

Tote no feelings...the punishment a straight red and a penalty was just.

Does it matter what time of the match the incident occurred...Uruguay woulda have played with 10 men.

It happened in the last seconds...Advantage Ghana.

Gyan CHOKE....Big time.

Mensah and the youth choke again....what more to it than that.

Ent they have a poster here who signature is...it doesnt matter what you can do, it only matters if you can do it when it counts.....dat is the scenario dey.

If it was Trinidad instead of Uruguay....not a person here woulda object.

Gyan scoring his penalty in the shootout was the closing of the stable doors after the horse had already bolted....but at least he mental strong and it was a form of therapy for him. Yuh hadda commend him on that action but the fact remains....he do shit.

Also how this WC going...the ref coulda play chupid and blind and not see and let play go on....ent ball cross line and ent score. Say thanks when you get a chance!

Yuh must commend Uruguay for competing in a playoff...reaching WC last and now fighting for a 3rd spot.

Doh tote feeling on no side...is so it does go.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 07, 2010, 10:41:45 AM »
The fact is the ball did not cross the line...alyuh doh read "You are the Ref" or wha?...d ball ent cross dat is d rule.

Does it matter what time of the match the incident occurred...Uruguay woulda have played with 10 men.

Gyan CHOKE....Big time.

Ent they have a poster here who signature is...it doesnt matter what you can do, it only matters if you can do it when it counts.....dat is the scenario dey.

Gyan scoring his penalty in the shootout was the closing of the stable doors after the horse had already bolted....but at least he mental strong and it was a form of therapy for him. Yuh hadda commend him on that action but the fact remains....he do shit.

Also how this WC going...the ref coulda play chupid and blind and not see and let play go on....ent ball cross line and ent score. Say thanks when you get a chance!

Yuh must commend Uruguay for competing in a playoff...reaching WC last and now fighting for a 3rd spot.

Thanks for putting it in plain and simple terms..

Under all the old talk every single poster skirting around that question.. "If it was a trini that did it would you be condemning it the same way??"

By the way, big props to Gyan for taking that first pk in extra time, and moreover i couldn't believe he had the balls to go for the top corner with that penalty. Thats the hardest place to put a penalty kick and biggest risk to kick overbars again.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 07, 2010, 10:50:51 AM »

So where was dis "Faith" & "poetic justice" when Argentina win de World Cup in 86?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #225 on: July 07, 2010, 11:04:03 AM »
This is a real dishonest debate. people ar edisppointed because Ghana LOST, not because of any perceived unfairness in the rule.

In the game against Australia Kewell hands the ball on th eline, penalty for Ghana and a sending off. How come nobody was calling for an automatic goal then.

Two weeks later and suddnely this law is an injustice?
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: July 07, 2010, 12:29:17 PM »

???????? ???

What's the end Marcos from Uru's perspective?  What means did the employ to achieve it?

The end was a place in the semi final. The means was a foul (handball). A professional foul, like many others committed in the game. In basketball players intentionally foul opponents to stop the clock.
Good sense in my opinion boy Barry. It's no different from a player bringining down an opponent from behind in the area if he was clear on goal.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: July 07, 2010, 12:46:58 PM »

Gyan CHOKE....Big time.

:timeout:  Like you sufferin from ah hang over or what??!!  is commend yuh say yow! so while we @ it lets commend ah few ppl we forgot tuh acknowledge over the yrs.

lets commend theiry henry for competing so well, after all competing is the cardinal point of your discussion. lets not stop there, maradona's hand of god deserves some commendation since he won ah WC in the process, or even worst, marco matterazi's taunting of zidane in the last WC finals, he also won ah WC for his efforts.

as ah matter of fact, lets not stop here, there are a few more competitors we forgot to thank. lets commend hitler for his galant effort in trying tuh make the world ah more effective place, let commend osama for his gallant effort in competing wid the super powers of the world, lets thank the slave traders for bringing us out of primitive grass skirt wearing bone in the nose africa! so where do we draw the line??

as for the totin feelins comment,breds, no body here eh totin no feelins, BC i sure ppl on here will forget about this ah week from now! 

but since yuh want tuh talk about totin feelins, lets talk about peter crouch's hair pulling stunt on brent sancho, which eventually resulted in ah goal. i recall uptil now ppl still harping on that including you, and it wasn't even half as bad as what suarez did.

so what say you now mr hypocrite, yuh have double standards then? one for TNT and the other for ghana.

the last i check, is trini's who still totin feelings for crouch and england.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: July 07, 2010, 01:08:18 PM »
but since yuh want tuh talk about totin feelins, lets talk about peter crouch's hair pulling stunt on brent sancho, which eventually resulted in ah goal. i recall uptil now ppl still harping on that including you, and it wasn't even half as bad as what suarez did.

so what say you now mr hypocrite, yuh have double standards then? one for TNT and the other for ghana.

Not trying to throw you off of your argument with Touches here but there is an important difference between the Peter Crouch incident with T&T and the Suarez incident with Uruguay.

In the T&T incident with Peter Crouch he got away with cheating and was not punished meaning the goal stood!

In the Suarez incident with Uruguay & Ghana he did not get away with it, he was spotted and punished!
Within the rules of the game the ball did not cross the line so a penalty was given with a red card and we all know what happened.

So we in T&T have every right to tote feelings about the Crouch incident if we choose to do so!

Hope you can see that the difference is that one incident was punished and the other (with T&T) wasn't!

Cheers!
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 01:14:24 PM by Socapro »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: July 07, 2010, 03:02:54 PM »

Not trying to throw you off of your argument with Touches here but there is an important difference between the Peter Crouch incident with T&T and the Suarez incident with Uruguay.

In the T&T incident with Peter Crouch he got away with cheating and was not punished meaning the goal stood!

In the Suarez incident with Uruguay & Ghana he did not get away with it, he was spotted and punished!
Within the rules of the game the ball did not cross the line so a penalty was given with a red card and we all know what happened.

So we in T&T have every right to tote feelings about the Crouch incident if we choose to do so!

Hope you can see that the difference is that one incident was punished and the other (with T&T) wasn't!

Cheers!

Dude....you really expeck Un cool to get dat?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: July 07, 2010, 03:04:15 PM »

Cheers!
Breds, don't miss the point! touches said that suarez did his dirt in the name of competitiveness and ppl should get over it already/ stop totin feelins. fine.

so i reminded him of all the ugly cheating surounding the game including the crouch mele, and for quite ah long while and as recent as the last england game trini's was still totin feelins, and ah sure touches was too.

it had nothing tuh do wid a comparison tuh crouch and suarez, but rather ah reminder and tuh point out ah serious double standard.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: July 07, 2010, 03:05:02 PM »

Cheers!

Tuh get what?? the man miss meh forkin point yuh moron!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: July 07, 2010, 03:21:09 PM »

Cheers!

No I didn't miss your point mate but you missed mines!
Never mind everything cool, you may continue your argument with Touches!  8)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 03:23:24 PM by Socapro »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: July 07, 2010, 04:00:58 PM »

Cheers!

No I didn't miss your point mate but you missed mines!
Never mind everything cool, you may continue your argument with Touches!  8)
Wham, yuh trying tuh let palos off the hook ah what?

BTW pro, the point of my argument was based on commending forkry and totin feelins. not comparisons.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 07:35:12 PM by just cool »

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: July 07, 2010, 06:03:23 PM »
Everytime I see a new post i this thread. I does check it hoping for some new insight into the game.
Instead I get more of this ridiculous exchange. Oh well...
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

1]; } ?>