April 24, 2024, 11:22:29 AM

Author Topic: WC 2010 - Match 62 - Semi-finals: Germany vs Spain  (Read 30997 times)

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
Re: WC 2010 - Match 62 - Semi-finals: Germany vs Spain
« Reply #180 on: July 07, 2010, 05:50:11 PM »
sport is a cruel thing yes!

who wuda thought after d run germany was havin, dey wuda lose like dis  :-\

Well guess what, i got news fuh yuh!!! they lorse!!

horse, i was talkin generally. never was i backin germany
my team dis world cup was ghana
so relax nah  ::)

I knew that. ha go take yuh advise. buh.. guess wha kinda beers ah drinking now? not carib or stag eh..wid the little bit ha fluid ozs I does get. Ha hope you make some sense when de fearless one ask you a few questions :devil:
« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 06:09:00 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 07, 2010, 07:06:32 PM »
Shyte tactics, poor coaching decision. Spain dictated the pace, but showed no true effort to win the game.

Go easy on dem dey coach... some ah dem World Cup coaches ent up to your level yet.  Del Bosque need tuh return tuh de 'forest' from whence he come, he clearly ent figure out that Pedro showing Torres how it's done yet.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 07, 2010, 07:10:33 PM »
Okay ah backing Spain for the title now, lets hope ah doh blight dem!  ::)

Still waiting to hear what Paul de Octupus have to say though if ah going to bet any money on the result!  8)

Anybody know how fried octopuss does taste?

Calamari...

Pollock... Calamari is Squid.

Anyways... allyuh men evil boy, Octopus is one ah de smartest, most intelligent creatures on earth.  Something w/o ah backbone ent supposed tuh be dat bright.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 07, 2010, 07:20:53 PM »
Who de hell first thought of having an octopus predict football games anyhow?

The person who remembered what intelligent creatures they are.  Paul smarter dan all ah we!   ;D
I am shocked.   The Germany we saw today was not the Germany we saw in the other knockout games....but then, they didn't play against Spain, either.  Missing Muller obviously hurt them, but on this day.....I eh so sure that even he would have mattered.  Congrats to Spain....I hope they beat holland.  (and all the Barca players get a winners' medal!!)  ;)

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 07, 2010, 07:41:49 PM »

I knew that. ha go take yuh advise. buh.. guess wha kinda beers a h drinking now? not carib or stag eh..wid the little bit ha fluid ozs I does get. Ha hope you make some sense when de fearless one ask you a few questions :devil:

dat was already last week  :P
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #186 on: July 07, 2010, 08:14:32 PM »
Spain controlled the game and showed why they are the best team in the world. I hope they go on to win on Sunday. Who says you can't win playing beautiful football in the 21st century.

Offline julie_mango

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 07, 2010, 08:47:52 PM »
Elan, breds, doh study these Trinis on socawarriors, if Germany had that one goal, they wouldah be singing a different chune, they want to call everybody waggonist, Latapy is de best when he coach in Tobago against Costa Rica, then he is ah shithound the next day... the so called "experts" on this forum know nothing about football, yesterday, Germany was winning the world cup, today Spain winning the world cup. 

Part of the problem today as you correctly pointed out was the subbing of Boateng, also, don't remember his name but he did not impress me when he was subbed in prior games, #15, but today #15 should have stayed on the field, if Cacau was not injured, I thought he should have been given a run, or start in place Mueller. 

My only beef with Germany is they gave Spain too much respect, it was OK to give Spain room to knock the ball around, it was not like they had that many penetrating balls, like when Spain played Portugal, that was total control, Puyol came in with a great header today that won the match.  Not dissin Spain, they did a good job, overall the better team I must admit but it was not as one sided as the so called "experts" on this website seem to believe.  It is these same "experts" on this website that keeping back TnT football, right up their with Warner and the TTFF, same backward thinking immediate gratification mentality, only want to criticize and shout man down, once yuh not in they "crew", yuh torkin "shyte", that is crabs in the barrel mentality, it too prevalent here.

Spain is just that good... they make this Germany team look like nothing...

I am impressed...

Xavi and Iniesta is just two legends in they prime!

Spain was not impressive. They had the ball where they always have the ball. What was so impressive? How many penetraing passes did they make? How many balls in the final seam? They had the ball in the spaces that Germany gave them. How many crosses that was effective? Boateng let Ramos cross and nothing, did not even pick someone out. The problem started when Jansen came on for Boateng. He had Ramos under manners even though Pedro drifted out there.

Spain did nothing more, than score the goal. Too much respect from Germany for Spain.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 07, 2010, 08:58:51 PM »
Yeah but both of you miss the main point, Germany did not chase the ball. They took space away. Germany only started chasing after the goal was scored. Germany played the shyte football that Brazil played.
When the Germans pushed up and moved the ball around in the top of the mid 1/3 Spain was chasing (that's what they do) to win the ball back and Germany did well in keeping the ball. Spain looked dishevled in the midfield whenever Germany pressed them, even give the ball back. As long as Germany gave them the space they looked good, which is expected, but under pressure they did nothing spectacular.

As much as Puyol should have converted the 1st header, so to should have Klose converted the volley. Understanding what both teams was trying to do, the game was nothing saved for the goal.

Dude, you realize that once Germany start to press Spain lookin fuh de equalizer, how vulnerable they were on the counter from Spain?  De one Pedro fork up.....a nex when Torres was one on one wit Friedrich etc.  Dat is EXACTLY why Germany played the game plan they did...and every other team that plays Spain as well.  Because they know if they press dem, one of Spain's strengths is playing when they DON'T have the ball, regaining possession, and ketchin de opposition out of position in de process.

Low did what he had to do.  It didn't work.  That happens in football.  Germany were beaten by a CLEARLY SUPERIOR team on the day.  No shame in dat. 

Before the goal even in the first half when Germany pushed higher up the field, Spain lost the ball easily. The midfield for both teams were nullified. Spain were not "superior" better yes, again no one answered the quetions I asked. What did they do that was superior other than score the goal (obviously that's all that matters)? No true penetrating balls, no final seam balls, poor crosses, no successful combination play in and around the box. Spain superiority lies in these, which they did not get to do.

It is expected that Spain would have had the ball more often, therefore you concede that part of the battle. No need to waste effort on that, what you have to control is the other aspects of the games which Germany did very well, just as Spain took away the counter attack.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 07, 2010, 09:00:28 PM »
Shyte tactics, poor coaching decision. Spain dictated the pace, but showed no true effort to win the game.

Go easy on dem dey coach... some ah dem World Cup coaches ent up to your level yet.  Del Bosque need tuh return tuh de 'forest' from whence he come, he clearly ent figure out that Pedro showing Torres how it's done yet.

I guess Torres played longer than Pedro today. Why did the coach not start Torres? You at basic level fella all you see is who score a goal.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 07, 2010, 09:06:31 PM »
Before the goal even in the first half when Germany pushed higher up the field, Spain lost the ball easily. The midfield for both teams were nullified. Spain were not "superior" better yes, again no one answered the quetions I asked. What did they do that was superior other than score the goal (obviously that's all that matters)? No true penetrating balls, no final seam balls, poor crosses, no successful combination play in and around the box. Spain superiority lies in these, which they did not get to do.

It is expected that Spain would have had the ball more often, therefore you concede that part of the battle. No need to waste effort on that, what you have to control is the other aspects of the games which Germany did very well, just as Spain took away the counter attack.

Quote of the month!

Go back and clarify that before yuh get a davyjenny award
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 07, 2010, 09:45:31 PM »
As much as Puyol should have converted the 1st header, so to should have Klose converted the volley.

Huh?  We obviously eh watchin de same game.

elan, yuh mean de volley from kroos? ???

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 07, 2010, 10:33:00 PM »
I guess Torres played longer than Pedro today. Why did the coach not start Torres? You at basic level fella all you see is who score a goal.

Maybe because Torres not completely fit and not producing?  Contrary to what you assert, Pedro ent producing much more than Torres... and he eh have de benefit of injury to blame.  But yuh right... I on ah basic level, with del Bosque and dem apparently.  Yuh hiding out or what... how come de RFEF ent know yuh available?

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #193 on: July 08, 2010, 12:04:26 AM »

I knew that. ha go take yuh advise. buh.. guess wha kinda beers a h drinking now? not carib or stag eh..wid the little bit ha fluid ozs I does get. Ha hope you make some sense when de fearless one ask you a few questions :devil:

dat was already last week  :P
So yuh think it end there, not ah chance. The fearless one always have individuals come back orn and plus it have 2014 right round the block so doh slip up. You're tagged baby.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 12:59:45 AM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 08, 2010, 01:24:31 AM »
Del Bosque eh coaching one fart. Dat team doing what dey doing in spite of him. All he doing is calling everybody son of a bitch on missed shots.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: July 08, 2010, 01:30:48 AM »
Germany guilty of not doing what they do best. They tried to be too defensive.  Schweinsteiger and Kadeira were playing so close to the back four that their team could not attack with their usual numbers. I know they missed Mueller and Podolski played real shit. They gave Spain too much respect and as a result too much possession. Loew looked at the Paraguay game tape and tried to replicate it...big mistake.

Offline Red Mango

• because football, does bring we together...
  • Sr. Warrior
  • We Comin'... Bless up!...
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: July 08, 2010, 02:33:22 AM »
The better team won on the day...

it was about tactics, not tic-tacs

(Spain = pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, frustrate, look for the break, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, pass, have a go and so on and CAPITALIZE on their chances. is 2 yes 2 free headers Puyol get, 1 in each half, and NOT A GERMAN CLOSE HIM DOWN...)

Germany never used the channels to get behind the defence in the same way as they did against The Old Enemy (Engerland) or The New Enemy (Argentina)... they missed Muller yes, but look to the 3rd place play off v Uruguay and see for yourselves...

Lowe has proved what Klinsmann set in motion though, technical ability + skill + movement = game winning performances, when everybody knows their role...

Many could learn a thing or 2 from this game, especially if you look at the segments where each had possession and used the ball effectively... The only thing missing from the German performance to get them the game they really wanted (against Holland) was to score first and make the Spanish panic and take the game to them...

A sure fire carbon copy of the Euro 2008 Final (same score, though the goal came in a totally different way in Austria)...

Onward to The Final...
I wanted to bring a different style to the team, to play the Trinbagonian way. Everald "Gally" Cummings

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 08, 2010, 03:37:15 AM »
Spain is a bigger side to Germany. Men playing against a good interCol side. LoL

Allyuh can gwaan mek excuse, but Spain have Germany ticket long time. Go back go watch the Euro2008 final!

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 08, 2010, 06:16:35 AM »
steups....world cup done early yes :'(
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #199 on: July 08, 2010, 06:21:58 AM »
Yeah but both of you miss the main point, Germany did not chase the ball. They took space away. Germany only started chasing after the goal was scored. Germany played the shyte football that Brazil played.
When the Germans pushed up and moved the ball around in the top of the mid 1/3 Spain was chasing (that's what they do) to win the ball back and Germany did well in keeping the ball. Spain looked dishevled in the midfield whenever Germany pressed them, even give the ball back. As long as Germany gave them the space they looked good, which is expected, but under pressure they did nothing spectacular.

As much as Puyol should have converted the 1st header, so to should have Klose converted the volley. Understanding what both teams was trying to do, the game was nothing saved for the goal.

Dude, you realize that once Germany start to press Spain lookin fuh de equalizer, how vulnerable they were on the counter from Spain?  De one Pedro fork up.....a nex when Torres was one on one wit Friedrich etc.  Dat is EXACTLY why Germany played the game plan they did...and every other team that plays Spain as well.  Because they know if they press dem, one of Spain's strengths is playing when they DON'T have the ball, regaining possession, and ketchin de opposition out of position in de process.

Low did what he had to do.  It didn't work.  That happens in football.  Germany were beaten by a CLEARLY SUPERIOR team on the day.  No shame in dat. 

Too right for all the popularity of counter attcking football now, Spain and Barcelona are the two most devastatiing counter-attacking teams. We just don't get a chance to see it because teams do not commit many men against them. We had some glimpses in Barcelona vs Arsenal though. I don't know what people expect Spain to do when they facing 9 men line up in front of them. I could guarantee that if Spain play Germany that way Germany wouldn't have a hope of scoring from open play.

Germany cannot press Spain high up the field for 90 minutes because they cannot hold on tto the ball. Spain's team defence is excellent. Every manjack including Iniesta, Xavi, Pedro and Villa swarm the player holding the ball so a team like Germany cannot keep the ball passing around Spain for long. This is especially so when you consider that, unlike Spain, their centre-backs can't get involved because they are not comfortable on the ball. They only have so many options before they lose the ball.

For all the talk about Spain not doing anything with the ball what do these other sides do. If Spain's possession game is their best defensive tool at least it is a toolthat is guaranteed to wear down the opposition and always keep them on their toes on the edge of their own box.

They are much more adventurous and brave than a team like Germany and for that they deserve credit. How many teams wil lput a dribbler out there to create something knowing that is an easy way to lose possession. I will also give them credit for not trying to leverage their technical advantage to earn penalties. Several time sthey coulda walk into the box, try a dribble and wait for a foul but they pass up that opportunity everytime.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 08, 2010, 06:31:02 AM »
Germany guilty of not doing what they do best. They tried to be too defensive.  Schweinsteiger and Kadeira were playing so close to the back four that their team could not attack with their usual numbers. I know they missed Mueller and Podolski played real shit. They gave Spain too much respect and as a result too much possession. Loew looked at the Paraguay game tape and tried to replicate it...big mistake.

You serious with this comment, or is you who did not look at the Paraguay game.
Paraguay pressed Spain and in particular they focused on pressing Alonso and Busquets. Where and when did Germany do the same?
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #201 on: July 08, 2010, 08:27:36 AM »

You serious with this comment, or is you who did not look at the Paraguay game.
Paraguay pressed Spain and in particular they focused on pressing Alonso and Busquets. Where and when did Germany do the same?

Observer I was thinking the same think but don't want to seem like I twisting the knife. Paraguay give Spain more pressure. They defend in a similar fashion to Germany but Paraguay's counters were more open and free-flowing and less dependant on just outrunning the Spanish midfield to the next penalty box.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 08, 2010, 08:45:23 AM »
Spain 1-0 Germany: Pressing, passing and Puyol
July 7, 2010
http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/07/07/spain-1-0-germany-2010-world-cup-tactics/

The starting line-ups

A narrow but deserved victory for Spain, who simply carried out their gameplan more effectively than their opponents.

There were two issues to be decided with the starting line-ups. Joachim Loew chose Piotr Trochowski ahead of Toni Kroos to replace Thomas Mueller, whilst Vicente del Bosque finally dropped Fernando Torres, opting for Barcelona’s wide forward Pedro instead.

And it was Pedro who was the key player in the opening period of the game. He was constantly involved in play, receiving the ball both in wide areas and centrally, between the lines. He played a superb through ball to David Villa to create the game’s first (and arguably best) opportunity, but his best work was in his movement and positioning. He didn’t always stay wide, but he made darting runs in behind opponents to create attacking options, whereas David Silva (who started the other game Spain played without Torres, against Switzerland) looks to play a slightly more casual, relaxed passing game.

The other man who had an excellent opening period was Sergio Busquets. Not the most popular player in the Spain squad, and probably the least naturally gifted midfielder on show today, but he did his job very well, both with and without the ball. He forced Mesut Oezil to have a quiet game and followed him throughout the pitch. Oezil started to wander into deep positions, allowing Sami Khedira to make forward runs, but Spain dealt with this well – Busquets continued to close Oezil down regardless of which position he took up, whilst Xavi dropped in and covered.

Busquets’ positional sense is exemplary, for he manages to constantly take up positions which simultaneously make him available for a pass, and be in place to prevent opponents attacking if the move dies down. In the first half he attempted 40 passes, and completed 39 – his critics will say that he only ever plays short passes to Xavi and Andres Iniesta, but that is his job. Besides, it wasn’t necessarily true, as the statistics show he frequently played forward balls to Pedro.

Pressing

The best feature of Spain’s game was their pressing. Germany played superbly against England and against Argentina, and the quality of those performances should not be forgotten or understated after this defeat, but Loew’s men found themselves up against an entirely different challenge in midfield today. England’s pressing was awful whilst Argentina’s wasn’t properly integrated, but Spain did it amazingly well throughout. Germany’s two central midfielders were denied time and space on the ball and weren’t able to play the killer passes they had done so well in this tournament. Whereas against England they had 3 v 2 in the centre of midfield, today they were down 3 v 4 when Iniesta came inside, and they struggled to work the ball into the final third.

Germany seemed disjointed between the midfield and attack. Miroslav Klose and Lukas Podolski saw little of the ball in build-up play – and not once in the entire game one complete a pass to the other, which sums up how much Germany struggled in attack. Mueller was also missed – Trochowski had a decent game, but is simply not the same type of player as Muller, who more naturally linked up with Klose and made direct runs towards goal. There was less movement and interchanging of positions, and Klose found it difficult against Pique and Puyol.

Passing

Iniesta coming inside to create a numerical advantage for Spain in midfield also worked predictably well when they had the ball. A key method of getting the ball forward was to bring Iniesta in to create the 4 v 3, therefore forcing one of the Germany wingers into the centre of the pitch to try to relieve the shortfall. In turn, this created space for Joan Capdevila and Sergio Ramos, who would storm forward into dangerous positions. Ramos did this particularly well, and Podolski spent much of the game on defensive duty, rather than running towards Spain’s goal.

Despite Spain passing well, they weren’t creating a great amount of chances. Villa had his quietest game of the competition so far, closely marshalled by the two German centre-backs. They practically doubled up on him, denying him space to turn, for they weren’t too worried about the threat of runs in behind from other players, as Spain generally only got a maximum of three players into dangerous positions. The full-backs dealt with the other two.

Germany looked happy to accept Spain having the majority of possession, but the German counter-attacks weren’t forthcoming. Their wide players were in defensive positions, whilst Busquets and Alonso broke up attacks high up the pitch, meaning Gerard Pique and Carles Puyol were rarely threatened by Klose.

This general pattern of play continued after half-time, although the game opened up slightly and there were more shots on goal. Most of came from Spain – long-range efforts from Pedro and Alonso, and a cross smashed across the six-yard box that David Villa nearly converted. But the best chance at 0-0 fell to Germany, and Kroos. It was a move reminiscent of Germany’s final three goals against Argentina – Oezil moved to the left to overload Spain on the flank, he slipped the ball to Podolski, whose cross found Kroos. His volley was hit into the floor, and was a reasonably easy save for Casillas.

Puyol

For a game featuring a great tactical battle and tremendous, intricate passing moves, the winner was incredibly simple. Xavi swung the corner in, Carles Puyol’s run from deep caught out Germany’s zonal marking system, and he powered a header into the net to give Spain the lead.

And as we’ve said so often in this tournament, when Spain take the lead, they never look like losing it. Nor did they look like losing the ball for much of the final 20 minutes – there was little intention to try and score a second (although Pedro wasted a chance to square to Fernando Torres to confirm the win) and they closed the game out effectively. Germany threw on Mario Gomez for Khedira, but never looked like scoring.

Conclusion

In all, a marvellous game of football. Tense and tight in the first half, with the teams trying to work each other out and passing the ball excellently. Then a slightly more open second half – with the better side going ahead relatively late on (but still with enough time for their opponents to get back in the game). They couldn’t, and the win was deserved.

Germany’s midfield has been utterly superb throughout this tournament, but here they simply found themselves against players that were better both in and out of possession. Xavi was the star man – completing more passes than any other player, running a greater distance than any other player, dictating the game from the centre of midfield, and providing the assist for the goal.

But maybe the most crucial difference was simply quality. Oezil, Schweinsteiger and Khedira are talented players on the up, but were up against Iniesta, Alonso and Xavi, three of the best midfielders of their generation. It would be unfair to say Germany’s trio were outclassed, but they were certainly second best on the day.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 08, 2010, 12:26:21 PM »

Maybe because Torres not completely fit and not producing?  Contrary to what you assert, Pedro ent producing much more than Torres... and he eh have de benefit of injury to blame.  But yuh right... I on ah basic level, with del Bosque and dem apparently.  Yuh hiding out or what... how come de RFEF ent know yuh available?

Once yuh on the field yuh fit. Ref. Drogba. Apparently you don't understand the other dimensions of the game, other than when a goal score. Why was Boateng replaced?

Come up with something better nah man. Show a little creativity in your knowledge of the game. How about you tell me how what I say is wrong. I guess you can be a better coach than Rafa, but I knows nothing.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 12:38:25 PM by elan »

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 08, 2010, 12:28:15 PM »
As much as Puyol should have converted the 1st header, so to should have Klose converted the volley.

Huh?  We obviously eh watchin de same game.

elan, yuh mean de volley from kroos? ???

Yeah, the one with the inside of the foot.

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 08, 2010, 12:35:17 PM »

Too right for all the popularity of counter attcking football now, Spain and Barcelona are the two most devastatiing counter-attacking teams. We just don't get a chance to see it because teams do not commit many men against them. We had some glimpses in Barcelona vs Arsenal though. I don't know what people expect Spain to do when they facing 9 men line up in front of them. I could guarantee that if Spain play Germany that way Germany wouldn't have a hope of scoring from open play.

Germany cannot press Spain high up the field for 90 minutes because they cannot hold on tto the ball. Spain's team defence is excellent. Every manjack including Iniesta, Xavi, Pedro and Villa swarm the player holding the ball so a team like Germany cannot keep the ball passing around Spain for long. This is especially so when you consider that, unlike Spain, their centre-backs can't get involved because they are not comfortable on the ball. They only have so many options before they lose the ball.

For all the talk about Spain not doing anything with the ball what do these other sides do. If Spain's possession game is their best defensive tool at least it is a toolthat is guaranteed to wear down the opposition and always keep them on their toes on the edge of their own box.

They are much more adventurous and brave than a team like Germany and for that they deserve credit. How many teams wil lput a dribbler out there to create something knowing that is an easy way to lose possession. I will also give them credit for not trying to leverage their technical advantage to earn penalties. Several time sthey coulda walk into the box, try a dribble and wait for a foul but they pass up that opportunity everytime.

It's easy to put a dribbler on there, as you must have that penetrating option. As Germany showed, the passing did nothing to threaten a goal. Shots from outside and set pieces was what it came down too. Can't see how you all not getting this. SPAIN HAD ALL THE BAL,L YES. However, that's was it, they had the ball, Germany was never frustrated. As again, show where they were chasing the ball. Look at the German lines and let me know.

Germany lost and at the end of the day that's all that matters. Goals are the only thing that counts in this game. You all ounderstand and see the game differently to me. As I said Understanding how both teams play the game had nothing in it.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #206 on: July 08, 2010, 12:38:35 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/p0Q6ax7vxlg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/p0Q6ax7vxlg</a>
Nothing to do with the game but ....

Offline elan

• Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 08, 2010, 12:39:57 PM »

Quote of the month!

Go back and clarify that before yuh get a davyjenny award

Did you see the " "?

Offline Red Mango

• because football, does bring we together...
  • Sr. Warrior
  • We Comin'... Bless up!...
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 08, 2010, 12:46:06 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/p0Q6ax7vxlg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/p0Q6ax7vxlg</a>
Nothing to do with the game but ....

:beermug: :beermug:

A Boom A Lack...  ;D
I wanted to bring a different style to the team, to play the Trinbagonian way. Everald "Gally" Cummings

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 08, 2010, 12:48:06 PM »
Del Bosque eh coaching one fart. Dat team doing what dey doing in spite of him. All he doing is calling everybody son of a bitch on missed shots.

I wonder what Aragones thinks about these proceedings. Actually here's what he says:

Speaking to Al-Jazeera, he said: "It will be difficult to beat Spain now.

"The important thing is that the team that kept possession of the ball won. They [Spain] could have had more goals on the counterattack, but today [against Germany], football won."

Whoever the winner in the final is, Aragones is pleased with the two sides who will be competing in it.

"This will serve well for football," he declared.

and

Former national coach Luis Aragones criticized the team's tactics after its shocking 1-0 upset loss to Switzerland on Wednesday, adding that a lackadaisical start didn't help.

"There wasn't enough conviction to go and seize the game from the opening second," said Aragones, who led Spain to its European Championship triumph in 2008.

"We lacked speed off the ball, and we didn't look for open space well enough."

Aragones did not agree with successor Vicente del Bosque's decision to play both Xabi Alonso and Sergio Busquets in midfield, with both players often hanging back -- especially Busquets, who is a defensive player.

"The better team didn't win, just the better organized one," Aragones said after the match.

Del Bosque sought to defuse the situation, saying that he "totally respects" Aragones' opinions.

"Not one bad word will escape my mouth about" him, Del Bosque said. "There is only one Spain -- not one Del Bosque one and another Aragones one."

The coach added that "everyone has the right to express their own opinions. He's a person that knows this group of players. He's worked with them and has achieved success."

and

Former Spain boss Luis Aragones has praised current coach Vicente del Bosque for not altering their style of play to counter the style of an opponent after they overcame Portugal to reach the World Cup quarter-final.

Aragones, who lead Spain to European Championship glory in 2008, has defended his stance that la Furia Roja did not play well in the group stages but acknowledged that they are gradually improving.

"I've told what I see as the truth. In the groups I said we did not have good games. The team had possession of the ball but did not make many chances," Aragones was quoted as saying by AS.

"They have gone from low to high. In the first three games they were a little slow, did not offer an acceptable pace of movement of the ball, but in the second half against Portugal we saw a Spain that moves the ball very well.

They controlled the game and the chances and therefore deserved to go through. But the way they play does not change for anyone. The coach has to take credit for not changing their style because of the opponent."

« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 12:50:50 PM by asylumseeker »

1]; } ?>