March 28, 2024, 11:57:55 AM

Author Topic: Dunga sacked  (Read 46685 times)

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: Dunga sacked
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 10:40:15 AM »
I'm shocked!!....... ::)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2010, 11:40:07 AM »
I'm shocked!!....... ::)

Appalled even!!

Més que un club.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2010, 11:47:56 AM »
Wow, theose Brazilians doh make joke wit dey football boy.

As much as people criticized his style, Dunga did lead Brazil to a Copa America title and a Confederations Cup title.

But I guess once, he doh at least lead Brazil to the final of the world cup, he is considered a failure.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2010, 12:55:30 PM »
Football have no logic. Dunga won the Copa, Confederation Cup and Qualified top of the SA WC qualification.  But we talking about Brazil. Nothing less than the WC trophy.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2010, 01:04:20 PM »
Football have no logic. Dunga won the Copa, Confederation Cup and Qualified top of the SA WC qualification.  But we talking about Brazil. Nothing less than the WC trophy.

Dunga hung his hat on HIS SYSTEM, HIS WAY, knowing full well the price of failure and the potential glory of success

He gambled it ALL.  He left home Ronaldinho, Pato, Diego, Neymar, Adriano etc.

Had he won, he coulda drop he pants and moon everybody and they couldn't do a thing about it.

He lost...playing in a manner which is an aberration to Brazilian football fans who were willing to put up with it so long as they WON.

They LOST and not just LOST, but LOST playing in a way that is the antithesis of the Brazilian way of playing football so he has to pay the price.

A friend of mine put it simply:

Brazil lost trying to play a European style of football.  They lost to a European team who is better at playing European style than they are.  What REALLY did they expect?  If this isn't a lesson for a Brazilian team to be true to itself, I don't know what is.

Nothing wrong with injecting some pragmatism.  But not at the near complete expense of that which makes and made you GREAT.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2010, 01:22:56 PM »

Dunga hung his hat on HIS SYSTEM, HIS WAY, knowing full well the price of failure and the potential glory of success

Had he won, he coulda drop he pants and moon everybody and they couldn't do a thing about it.

He lost...playing in a manner which is an aberration to Brazilian football fans who were willing to put up with it so long as they WON.

They LOST and not just LOST, but LOST playing in a way that is the antithesis of the Brazilian way of playing football so he has to pay the price.

Brazil lost trying to play a European style of football.  They lost to a European team who is better at playing European style than they are.  What REALLY did they expect?  If this isn't a lesson for a Brazilian team to be true to itself, I don't know what is.

Nothing wrong with injecting some pragmatism.  But not at the near complete expense of that which makes and made you GREAT.

true but the european brand worked for carlos alberto parreira in 1994...the early rumor of leonardo being his replacement is a bad idea, another inexperienced coach is not the solution...this leadsto the question...is there a shortage of good Brazilian coaches? 

personally i didnt see any problem with Dunga's system since it worked in the WCQ, Copa America and Confederations Cup...the problem was his team selection, a fit and in form Kaka is different from the one that played in the WC plus the lack of creative options other than Kaka was an issue.  Elano was the closest thing to creativity and he was out after 2 games.  Ronaldinho would have been the ideal replacement for Elano after the injury, not Ramires or Dani Alves.

I agree with the exclusions of Pato (another Kaka...injury), Ganso and Neymar.  2014 will be their time.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 02:11:07 PM by Nightmare »

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2010, 01:37:40 PM »
im gonna admit that dunga did do a good job, but you cant just take de "ginga" out of brasilian football.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2010, 02:20:04 PM »
The best thing that happened to brazil was dunga, he just got unlucky wid the elano and ramirez scenario. the game of football is changing , and this slow speed pretty football wasn't cutting it.

dunga had those guys running and playing race horse football, hense the reason they came back from ah 2-0 deficit to beat the USA in the conf cup.

dunga's demise came down tuh two bad breaks. i believe dunga's system was good for brazil.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 04:46:50 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2010, 03:26:00 PM »

So how they lost playing in 2006? everybody talking about no Ronaldinho. Nobody eh talking about in 06 Ronaldinho UEFA and World Player of the Year, did not score a single goal and contributed little. How they lost in 2010 has more to do with a lack of concentration and discipline than style. Holland as an example move completly away from their style and because they getting results no one complaining (until they lose that is).
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2010, 05:07:58 PM »
They lost to a European team who is better at playing European style than they are.

Me eh tink so. Dem jes lorse dey head. A mental collapse. Before dat own goal (me eh care what FIFA say), de Dutch couldn't see dey way, Robben and Sneijder wasn't saying nutten. Once de goal score de tides turned.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2010, 05:47:01 PM »
He never liked Ronaldinho because he don't track back and he kinda lazy. I could understand dropping a man for that. But the way Ronaldinho played in the 09/10 season was very different to the previous one. He was training hard and was the absolute linchpin of his side. How Kleberson and Julio Baptisita made it onto that side is beyond me. Kaka wasn't 100% fit and Kaka put too much pressure on him especially after Elano went out through injury.

Why convert Bastos into a LB ? Bring Cicinho or Marcelo

Why call Felipe Melo, a Brazilian goat if I ever saw one. He is no better than the present Gatuso (past his prime, tough in the tackle, weak in the mind)

Why not bring Pato in case O Fabuloso have a bad game, like the last one.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2010, 05:58:15 PM »
They lost to a European team who is better at playing European style than they are.

Me eh tink so. Dem jes lorse dey head. A mental collapse. Before dat own goal (me eh care what FIFA say), de Dutch couldn't see dey way, Robben and Sneijder wasn't saying nutten. Once de goal score de tides turned.

AGREED
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2010, 06:09:03 PM »

true but the european brand worked for carlos alberto parreira in 1994...the early rumor of leonardo being his replacement is a bad idea, another inexperienced coach is not the solution...this leadsto the question...is there a shortage of good Brazilian coaches? 

personally i didnt see any problem with Dunga's system since it worked in the WCQ, Copa America and Confederations Cup...the problem was his team selection, a fit and in form Kaka is different from the one that played in the WC plus the lack of creative options other than Kaka was an issue.  Elano was the closest thing to creativity and he was out after 2 games.  Ronaldinho would have been the ideal replacement for Elano after the injury, not Ramires or Dani Alves.

I agree with the exclusions of Pato (another Kaka...injury), Ganso and Neymar.  2014 will be their time.

Ahm Nightmare yuh talk dat like ah man who know lil football jed....bigup!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2010, 06:11:31 PM »

It had betta b there time d big dance by them

As 4 d Brazil flair it eh win a WC since 1970. So peeps need 2 give it a rest.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2010, 09:41:15 PM »

With respect to the samba boys.What make things so much more difficult for them is that the gap is way closer than before.  
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 12:26:54 AM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2010, 02:32:45 AM »

With respect to the samba boys.What make things so much more difficult for them is that the gap is way closer than before.  

The gap in what is closer?  Skill? Touches on the ball? Tactics and strategy?  Fitness?  World Cup Titles? Diving even? (since so many fans around the world seem to think that Brazilians are the kings of faking, thanks to Rivaldo)  ???

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2010, 03:04:05 AM »
If Dunga picked more creative backup to go with his suffocating defence/midfiled, he would have won and proven a point.

Since he only uses 4 creatives at  a time, they need to be 100% and they need strong/numerous understudies.

He could have picked Dinho and say Ganso or Neymar without undue hassle to his squad balance.

Offline Red Mango

• because football, does bring we together...
  • Sr. Warrior
  • We Comin'... Bless up!...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2010, 03:42:28 AM »
He never liked Ronaldinho because he don't track back and he kinda lazy. I could understand dropping a man for that. But the way Ronaldinho played in the 09/10 season was very different to the previous one. He was training hard and was the absolute linchpin of his side. How Kleberson and Julio Baptisita made it onto that side is beyond me. Kaka wasn't 100% fit and Kaka put too much pressure on him especially after Elano went out through injury.

Why call Felipe Melo, a Brazilian goat if I ever saw one. He is no better than the present Gatuso (past his prime, tough in the tackle, weak in the mind)

Dunga drop Goofy because of de cap he get from him...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3jq6L1-b9s

It start dey, and it basically end dey... yes yes he get some games, but Dunga never fuhget dat...
The rest of the post I'll agree with...

Bless up!...
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 03:45:15 AM by bongonatti 11 »
I wanted to bring a different style to the team, to play the Trinbagonian way. Everald "Gally" Cummings

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2010, 05:47:34 AM »

kleberson's selection is still a mystery, kleber being selected over marcelo is another one...cicinho is a right back.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2010, 08:17:46 AM »

Boss post brodda
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2010, 08:22:48 AM »
So how they lost playing in 2006? everybody talking about no Ronaldinho. Nobody eh talking about in 06 Ronaldinho UEFA and World Player of the Year, did not score a single goal and contributed little. How they lost in 2010 has more to do with a lack of concentration and discipline than style. Holland as an example move completly away from their style and because they getting results no one complaining (until they lose that is).

They lost in 2006 due to squad selection. Cafu and Roberto Carlos together with an aged Ronaldo killed that team. If you look at the Japan game, the only game where they played too young wing backs, that was a Brazil team playing gingha football.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2010, 09:40:41 AM »

The gap in what is closer?  Skill? Touches on the ball? Tactics and strategy?  Fitness?  World Cup Titles? Diving even? (since so many fans around the world seem to think that Brazilians are the kings of faking, thanks to Rivaldo)  ???

Plain and simple: Results. These are all basics of the sport that is being  microvisioned here .
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 09:42:47 AM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2010, 10:38:58 AM »

Carrying Ronaldinho to tell him he benching for Kaka when Kaka playing real tata, woulda cause unrest in the camp. Better to leave him home and have a team atmosphere. I understand that logic.
Dinho couldn't go there just as a sub, or squad player who might not have been needed so Dunga avoid that situation by not bothering with him at all once he decide that Robinho starting.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2010, 11:14:03 AM »
Yeah that was his rationale. But deprive the team of technical quality to prevent a ‘possible’ fallout between players who don’t have a history of conflict. 

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2010, 11:23:37 AM »
In Brazil, coming home with anything less than the trophy is deemed a failure but was Dunga's regime really a failure?

Imo, Brazil were unfortunate to crash out of the World Cup in the way that they did and it says nothing of the side he assembled. They were the clearly superior team against Holland, until the own goal changed the game. Then Melo's sending off gave them no chance of coming back, no amount of coaching could compensate for a moment of madness from a player that puts his team up against it.

When Dunga took over that side, it was wrought with indiscipline and lacking a true solid system except finding a way to accomodate all its namebrand 'star' players. Men talking about the wingbacks being the downfall in the last world cup, but what about the mess that was Adriano and the trying to fit Ronaldinho, Robinho, Kaka and Ronaldo into the same starting lineup?

I give Dunga credit, he did it his way and he brought a never before seen steel to the Brazilian team but in a World Cup you have to have luck. For my money, Brazil and Germany were the best teams in the World Cup bar none, but they were unlucky. Its a pity that he has to pay the price with no better replacements on the horizon, but when you take the radical approach and go against the grain, any slip up is excuse for the hammer to fall.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2010, 11:34:01 AM »
In Brazil, coming home with anything less than the trophy is deemed a failure but was Dunga's regime really a failure?

Imo, Brazil were unfortunate to crash out of the World Cup in the way that they did and it says nothing of the side he assembled. They were the clearly superior team against Holland, until the own goal changed the game. Then Melo's sending off gave them no chance of coming back, no amount of coaching could compensate for a moment of madness from a player that puts his team up against it.

When Dunga took over that side, it was wrought with indiscipline and lacking a true solid system except finding a way to accomodate all its namebrand 'star' players. Men talking about the wingbacks being the downfall in the last world cup, but what about the mess that was Adriano and the trying to fit Ronaldinho, Robinho, Kaka and Ronaldo into the same starting lineup?

I give Dunga credit, he did it his way and he brought a never before seen steel to the Brazilian team but in a World Cup you have to have luck. For my money, Brazil and Germany were the best teams in the World Cup bar none, but they were unlucky. Its a pity that he has to pay the price with no better replacements on the horizon, but when you take the radical approach and go against the grain, any slip up is excuse for the hammer to fall.
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :beermug:  I feel sorry for d romantics dat cry dong dis side, but when u live in d past u live in d past ......sigh
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 11:37:57 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2010, 11:47:57 AM »
Brazil want to Win in Style and if they have to Lose, Lose in Style.

They lost and it wasn't pretty.

Of course Dunga getting fired. Even if he won he was getting fired.

Cause in 2014 Brazil want to turn on the style

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2010, 11:51:05 AM »
Brazil also won the Copa America and Confederations Cup under Carlos Alberto Parreira prior to the world Cup in 2006. Both teams exited at the Quarter Final of the World Cup. Dunga was supposed to take the team to the next level. I would call that failure of equal proportion to the 2006 team.

The confederations Cup victory in 2005 was outstanding in my view.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2010, 11:55:37 AM by Jah Gol »

giggsy11

« Reply #29 on: July 06, 2010, 12:08:05 PM »
I would have taken a healthy Ronaldinho who had a better season than Kaka who was coming off an injury. If Kaka had played or was playing the same way he played against USA in the Fed Cup Brasil would be playing today but he did not and has not.

1]; } ?>