April 28, 2024, 12:17:15 AM

Author Topic: World Cup mascot ‘Trinity’ launched  (Read 6278 times)

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: World Cup mascot ‘Trinity’ launched
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2010, 12:14:38 PM »

Ok, but what animal we could use? a manicou? a quenk?
We eh have no local animal dat you could make cute on a billboard
Geico done take we 24 hours to sell insurance arready

it have

cha cha
gozerat
corbeau
blue crab
galap
agouti
macajuel... wait, JW will want royalty for using his image then.

This wulda work for me, well, once dey did not put it in a "look back" position  :devil:
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2010, 12:50:23 PM »
Ah jus' read de article dey in de guardian, yeah man, both de graphic and de actual rendition nice (from what ah see) ah lovin de red indian element... it remind meh of we fans in Germany...

:yapping: Sat could bump he gums all he want...  ;D :beermug: :beermug: I glad we getting a chance to show we colours to de world, and introduce yet MORE visitors to the glory dat is ah Roti and ah red Solo...
You talk about Sat as if he dun yuh wrong but Sat was an innocent man when Manning was hounding him,good for Sat he proved Manning wrong.I dont see why yuh so happy bout Red Indians when they have or  had nothing to do with TTs culture.TT is multicultural and as such nothing should signify one part of our cul
ture.
I would have thought that your name suggests an Africa/Caribbean culture,maybe an African loaded symbol might satisfy you.How about "OKODEE MMOWERE",the talons of the Eagle.It symbolizes Strength,Bravery and Power.Since you are pleased to leave out half the population and is happy with a relegious one then why not go all the way and choose a proper African one.

U have real issues all I want 2 hear is d cry bout d mascot being name Trinity. I lookin 4 consistancy Trinity is a Christian symbol so d mascot should not be named Trinity because Sat etal had problems wit d Trinity in d past.

I'm pretty sure that the complaint was more about the Cross, or the combination of the Trinity and the Cross, given that the "Trinity" is an equally Hindu concept. Then again I might be wrong.

Weary no offense, but you sounding pretty out of timing. Classic case of the haves getting tisik when the have nots ask them to give up a piece of their pie. Really, what was the big deal about changing the name?

and moreover, what the hell this have to do with football?

edit: my major issue with the mascot is that the forward thinking people at the TTFF didn't see it fit to have a nationwide competition among school children to choose the mascot. It might have drummed up interest for the tournament more than we've been seeing so far...
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 12:52:50 PM by Midknight »
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2010, 02:41:58 PM »
Ah jus' read de article dey in de guardian, yeah man, both de graphic and de actual rendition nice (from what ah see) ah lovin de red indian element... it remind meh of we fans in Germany...

:yapping: Sat could bump he gums all he want...  ;D :beermug: :beermug: I glad we getting a chance to show we colours to de world, and introduce yet MORE visitors to the glory dat is ah Roti and ah red Solo...
You talk about Sat as if he dun yuh wrong but Sat was an innocent man when Manning was hounding him,good for Sat he proved Manning wrong.I dont see why yuh so happy bout Red Indians when they have or  had nothing to do with TTs culture.TT is multicultural and as such nothing should signify one part of our cul
ture.
I would have thought that your name suggests an Africa/Caribbean culture,maybe an African loaded symbol might satisfy you.How about "OKODEE MMOWERE",the talons of the Eagle.It symbolizes Strength,Bravery and Power.Since you are pleased to leave out half the population and is happy with a relegious one then why not go all the way and choose a proper African one.

U have real issues all I want 2 hear is d cry bout d mascot being name Trinity. I lookin 4 consistancy Trinity is a Christian symbol so d mascot should not be named Trinity because Sat etal had problems wit d Trinity in d past.

I'm pretty sure that the complaint was more about the Cross, or the combination of the Trinity and the Cross, given that the "Trinity" is an equally Hindu concept. Then again I might be wrong.

Weary no offense, but you sounding pretty out of timing. Classic case of the haves getting tisik when the have nots ask them to give up a piece of their pie. Really, what was the big deal about changing the name?

edit: my major issue with the mascot is that the forward thinking people at the TTFF didn't see it fit to have a nationwide competition among school children to choose the mascot. It might have drummed up interest for the tournament more than we've been seeing so far...

Trinity = Christianity. As 4 changing d name I eh really care bout what dey call d award but d double standard I cyah stand.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2010, 02:55:09 PM »
Another mascot that was unveiled today for the next senior women's wc

Karla Kick the Kyat

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2010, 03:27:01 PM »
Plenty nice young TTs in that picture ;D

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2010, 04:42:32 PM »

ture.

Trinity = Christianity. As 4 changing d name I eh really care bout what dey call d award but d double standard I cyah stand.

wikipedia was never conclusive proof of anything, but i stand by my assertion that the problem was the Cross and not the Trinity. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity_Cross, at least from the religious p.o.v.

Even so, I'm not sure where the "double standard" is.
Are you seriously equating a fly by night football tournament mascot to a country's Highest National Award?

And then people did want to get vex with the American newspaper for suggesting that Birchall would value an MLS cup more than any medal he get from us...
THAT's a double standard.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2010, 08:14:36 PM »

ture.

wikipedia was never conclusive proof of anything, but i stand by my assertion that the problem was the Cross and not the Trinity. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trinity_Cross, at least from the religious p.o.v.

Are you seriously equating a fly by night football tournament mascot to a country's Highest National Award?

And then people did want to get vex with the American newspaper for suggesting that Birchall would value an MLS cup more than any medal he get from us...

Knight,
              Of course Trinis will feel slighted. But honestly I don't  misinterpret what Chris was suggesting. It is natural for a sportsman to want more trophies and accolades as his career progresses. He just wants an MLS title. he won the country's highest honor for the collective endeavours of the team as under-underdogs in 2006. But of course he would also cherish an MLS title as much as the award he got from TT. I don't see any double standard coming from Chris. I see an arrogant reporter trying to diss TT.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2010, 09:01:11 PM »

ture.

Knight,
              Of course Trinis will feel slighted. But honestly I don't  misinterpret what Chris was suggesting. It is natural for a sportsman to want more trophies and accolades as his career progresses. He just wants an MLS title. he won the country's highest honor for the collective endeavours of the team as under-underdogs in 2006. But of course he would also cherish an MLS title as much as the award he got from TT. I don't see any double standard coming from Chris. I see an arrogant reporter trying to diss TT.

Deeks, I wasn't criticising Chris. I wasn't even criticising the reporter. I was criticising anyone who could take issue with that, then compare the Trinity Cross thing to the Trinity thing.
But leh we left it dey nah...

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2010, 09:04:35 PM »

ture.

Knight,

Deeks, I wasn't criticising Chris. I wasn't even criticising the reporter. I was criticising anyone who could take issue with that, then compare the Trinity Cross thing to the Trinity thing.

If d Trinity have more than 1 meaning I sure that the cross have more than 1.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Agent Jack Bauer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2010, 09:51:24 PM »

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2010, 10:17:52 PM »

ture.

Knight,

If d Trinity have more than 1 meaning I sure that the cross have more than 1.

yes, as in this discussion could get a man cross... lol.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2010, 11:13:14 PM »

ture.

You do remember that Chris Columbus named the Islands La Trinity rite ...so thats the name of our country .

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2010, 03:25:21 PM »

ture.

You do remember that Chris Columbus named the Islands La Trinity rite ...so thats the name of our country .

Agree so next we go here bout a name change 4 d country.

1]; } ?>