April 20, 2024, 02:37:55 AM

Author Topic: If Uruguay can do it, so can T&T  (Read 8967 times)

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Study the past if you would define the future"
    • View Profile
Re: If Uruguay can do it, so can T&T
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2010, 09:39:38 PM »
But we didn't even have 6 players sweatin in d MLS at one time. Most of I know of at the SAME time was 4

Offline future socawarrior

• Jr. Warrior
  • I can accept failure but i cant accept not trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2010, 02:51:53 AM »
Controversial...

You have a great heart but these are two very different cultures. Uruguay won the first World Cup and has a history to its name. Spain, Netherlands, even the USA never got a medal. So to compare TandT and Uruguay you must be crazy. Being that good does not just happen.

3.5 million people is still more than 1.3 million people where the national sport is not football.

They won copa america 14 times (same amount as Argentina) are you going to class Uruguay and Trini on the same note??
In terms of talent there is no indicator that TnT is anywhere close to the talent level as them. The speed that they play at, off the ball runs, and their technical ability is superior to that of the TnT players. This they get from a very young age and develops from playing abroad. The Trinidad pro league is garbage, and has a bunch of people playing at the same level, a slow speed, so that when the national players compete against foreign opposition they are always out played.
Hope for TnT lays in the hands of current u21's and u23's. If they sign and play outside of Trinidad then we would have a against foreign competitors, as for now we are stuck with a Caribbean battle. 

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2010, 07:42:12 AM »
hmmm 6 players in top flight leagues at the same time? lemmeh try

Marvin Andrews Livingston - SPL
Russell Latapy Rangers - SPL
Brent Sancho Dundee - SPL
Collin Samuel Dundee Utd - SPL
Jason Scotland Dundee Utd - SPL

Dwight Yorke Blackburn - EPL
Stern John Birmingham - EPL

ah reach 7... continuing

Avery John Longford - LOI (ah stretching here lol) but thais 8
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #33 on: July 08, 2010, 08:09:00 AM »

ah reach 7... continuing

FF...u stretching it...SPL?

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 08, 2010, 08:13:17 AM »

ah reach 7... continuing

:rotfl: alright nah
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 08, 2010, 09:50:20 AM »
It is not about History, # of players in foreign league, population etc.

Uruguay reach this far because

1) Favorable Draw
2) Bound to score Forlan
3) Good defensive structure, Years of playing against Brazil and Argentina develops this.

If you have a stingy Defense and a man on Fire like Forlan

You bound to reach far, especially when the teams you are playing are not the Top Top teams.

That same Uruguay team might not self reach the world cup in 2014 and people will say they fall from grace.
Not true

sometimes things go your way and sometimes they don't

To draw parallels to TnT is useless.

If people involved in TnT football dont believe they can reach far in world cup, they should not be involved in TnT football.

Offline marcus

• Sr. Warrior
  • BLOOD, SWEAT & TEARS
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 08, 2010, 10:42:50 AM »
no critical thinking by the poster

explain in stead of casting judgement, lets hear why no critical thinking was involved? some people like to talk but have no argument to back up the insult or judgement.

Here was the emphasis to your statement I quote "If Uruguay with a population of 3 million make the semi, TT can do the bloody same thing." End Quote Actually the population is 3.5mm but thats beside's the point.

You made a statement which puts focus on population size and ability to achieve success in world football. You further narrowed that broad sweeping statement by looking at Uruguay and Trinidad & Tobago on a country by country comparsion. Now I can only judge you on what you say and imply thru your statement.

You completely ignored
1) Uruguay is still actually 2.7x larger
2) A greater percentage of Uruguay's population plays Football as #1 uncontested sport
3) Their Football Infrastructure is greater
4) Their Local Leagues quality of competition is better
5) Coaching and Technical staff is better
6) Fan support is greater on a domestic level
7) Local Leagues generate greater revenue which allows for more investment into the game
7) Player salaries are higher therefore players can focus on football as a fulltime career
8) Geographical advantage, players are easily mobile and play/develop in other leagues in South America
9) At all levels (U17, U23 etc) of regional football they are exposed to the highest level of competition

I cant guess what you are thinking, I can only judge you on what you actually write!

You also said
"I have been saying that for donkey years, the foreign based and locals need to believe with the right management, coaching and self belief, TT can reach very far in the world cup. Please don't say we don't have the talent because thats bull."

Yes it is a given that with better management, coaching and mental strength that we will be better, that is not rocket science. Rocket Science is figuring out how to finance and implement programs that will get us there. Rocket Science is figuring out how to increase the fan support of our local leagues so that we can generate greater revenue to reinvest into infrastructure, coaching and player salaries. It goes without saying that it is not a simple task, so when you boil it down to population size and make a broad sweeping statement without much else material fact, what am I to assume? If population was the be all the end all, then China, Russia, and USA should be all leading the the charge, and without question these countries have better athletes than Trinidad and Tobago has ever had. I think other posters have also made valuable points countering your statement as well. I hope you receive this with an opened mind.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2010, 10:49:36 AM by marcus »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2010, 10:47:41 AM »
Forget size of country.

Uruguay have two world cup titles and have actually hosted a world cup.

Uruguay dont have the mafia as they boss.

T&T players have no heart.

T&T dont have a coach.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #38 on: July 08, 2010, 10:54:11 AM »
no critical thinking by the poster

explain in stead of casting judgement, lets hear why no critical thinking was involved? some people like to talk but have no argument to back up the insult or judgement.

Here was the emphasis to your statement I quote "If Uruguay with a population of 3 million make the semi, TT can do the bloody same thing." End Quote Actually the population is 3.5mm but thats beside's the point.

You made a statement which puts focus on population size and ability to achieve success in world football. You further narrowed that broad sweeping statement by looking at Uruguay and Trinidad & Tobago on a country by country comparsion. Now I can only judge you on what you say and imply thru your statement.

You completely ignored
1) Uruguay is still actually 2.7x larger
2) A greater percentage of Uruguay's population plays Football as #1 uncontested sport
3) Their Football Infrastructure is greater
4) Their Local Leagues quality of competition is better
5) Coaching and Technical staff is better
6) Fan support is greater on a domestic level
7) Local Leagues generate greater revenue which allows for more investment into the game
7) Player salaries are higher therefore players can focus on football as a fulltime career
8) Geographical advantage, players are easily mobile and play/develop in other leagues in South America
9) At all levels (U17, U23 etc) of regional football they are exposed to the highest level of competition

I cant guess what you are thinking, I can you judge you on what you actually write!

You also said
"I have been saying that for donkey years, the foreign based and locals need to believe with the right management, coaching and self belief, TT can reach very far in the world cup. Please don't say we don't have the talent because thats bull."

Yes it is a given that with better management, coaching and mental strength that we will be better, that is not rocket science. Rocket Science is figuring out how to finance and implement programs that will get us there. Rocket Science is figuring out how to increase the fan support of our local leagues so that we can generate greater revenue to reinvest into infrastructure, coaching and player salaries. It goes without saying that it is not a simple task, so when you boil it down to population size and make a broad sweeping statement without much else, what am I to assume? I think other posters have also made valuable points countering your statement as well. I hope you receive this with an opened mind.

i used population as a start and continued with other points to prove my point. if the population doesn't think we can reach a semi of a world cup, then we have already failed. that type of mentality will get us nowhere.

we can also draw the example of players like yorke, lara, crawford, thompson, bovell, why do we produce athletes that have been at the top in the world?

yet people say we can't make it far in the world cup? if thats the case why even compete, unless we are there to make up numbers and serve as canon fodder for the rest of teams. why do you even bother watching tt football, people might as well watch brazil or other teams and become supporters of them.

if you make the world cup, you better have the mindset to go all the way, or forget about even trying to qualify, unless people want tt to qualify just for aesthetic reasons.

and to answer your statements, its not rocket science to re-define the tt football program. it takes alot of planning and organization with the right team involved on the management and coaching side. the system itself is the problem, not the players. the players are brought into a lazy system and are not pushed to progress at a high level of football. change the system and the players are forced to change.

nothing is impossible

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2010, 11:01:07 AM »
Forget size of country.

Uruguay have two world cup titles and have actually hosted a world cup.

Uruguay dont have the mafia as they boss.

T&T players have no heart.

T&T dont have a coach.

but we had a good coach and we made the world cup and plenty people say the players had alot of heart. so it is possible. like i have always said over the many years, all tt needs is a good coach for the sr team to qualify. now thats not the only aspect we need to improve on but we are talented enough that with a good coach we would qualify consistently, but we need to still fix the entire program itself and draw back the football loving fans to the game like before, which is possible.

Offline future socawarrior

• Jr. Warrior
  • I can accept failure but i cant accept not trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2010, 11:16:24 AM »
Partner you have a nice spirit, but you could have a great coach and if you don't have quality players forget it. Trinidad and Tobago do not have any class players since Yorke and Latapy. We just have to wait for a new batch to come. At age 17 Yorke was heading to Europe to play..remember that

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2010, 12:12:13 PM »
a closer comparison maybe New Zealand.

This was their 2nd world cup and they scored goals and did pretty well defensively. Remember NZ has to share their sports focus with rugby and cricket as well.
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2010, 12:25:17 PM »
Partner you have a nice spirit, but you could have a great coach and if you don't have quality players forget it. Trinidad and Tobago do not have any class players since Yorke and Latapy. We just have to wait for a new batch to come. At age 17 Yorke was heading to Europe to play..remember that

Hardest  :)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2010, 01:41:02 PM »

Hardest  :)

forget hardest, hes not dedicated enough. we have youth players that are very good and need the right system and coaching to help them progress

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2010, 02:20:29 PM »

forget hardest, hes not dedicated enough.

:o :o :o

Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2010, 04:22:00 PM »

ah reach 7... continuing

Ok, I dont consider SPL as top flight. SPL is on par with MLS in my books. Well let me rephrase my last post and say that 6-7 players playing on top flights teams (so in the case of SPL only Rangers and Celtic and maybe the third or fourth place team). When I said top flight, I really meant EPL, La liga, Serie A, Bundesliga and French league.

We made it in 06 with less. And trust me if we get about 6-7 players playing on the Tottenhams the Lazios, the Schalkes the Galatasaray's (as long as they not all forwards) we will make it again.

I think that we have a better chance at making it to the WC, if Concacaf gets another spot (even though i dont think this is going to happen). FIFA should be more creative and maybe issue 3 full spots and 2 half spots to Concacaf. One playoff against Europe and another against Africa or Asia.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2010, 04:25:29 PM »
I saying this from now. If we don't develop a core of 3 attacking mid and 3 defensive mid(all with good skills) we ain't going nowhere.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 08, 2010, 04:59:15 PM »
I saying this from now. If we don't develop a core of 3 attacking mid and 3 defensive mid(all with good skills) we ain't going nowhere.

And of course just one good keeper playing in the top flights REGULARLY, like Hislop.

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #48 on: July 08, 2010, 06:58:41 PM »

ah reach 7... continuing

:rotfl: alright nah

nice to see u admit ur crime of stretching it too far.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #49 on: July 08, 2010, 10:11:34 PM »

breds, i believe tinto, roberts and guerra are our best bets for attacking midfielders. for the holding mid/sweeper role i would suggest someone who is fast and can distribute the football very well, jadgeosingh comes to mind and he can dribble and has the speed and strength to negate attacks thru the middle, my next option would be jones but men cussing day and night despite jones not doing a damn thing upfront for the entire campaign

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2010, 10:38:10 PM »
I think Jones would make a good stopper who can bring the ball.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2010, 10:47:56 PM »
I think Jones would make a good stopper who can bring the ball.

i believe that also but alot of people on here dont, they forget that he started off as a defender

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2010, 07:45:01 AM »
Urguguay doh eat doubles and drink Chubby for dey diet.

We cyar even beat a Caribbean side now by more than 2 goals, far less beat the USA and Mexico consistently.

Be glad we make it at least once.

We need 11 quality men to even attempt to qualify for the finals...that and all tough to achieve.

Plus Uruguay qualifying group much harder...they accustomed to playing against good opposition.

We ent able...no harm in admitting that.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2010, 09:13:11 AM »

breds, i believe tinto, roberts and guerra are our best bets for attacking midfielders. for the holding mid/sweeper role i would suggest someone who is fast and can distribute the football very well, jadgeosingh comes to mind and he can dribble and has the speed and strength to negate attacks thru the middle, my next option would be jones but men cussing day and night despite jones not doing a damn thing upfront for the entire campaign

Well right now, Birch playing def mid very well for LA Galaxy. His mates already sayin he don't get enough recognition but he holds everyone together and is vocal on the pitch. Not to mention, he pressures the ball and makes simple good passes. Not the quickest in the book, but he is a ironman on that pitch and for the Galaxy.
Jags need to be in the fold for our next campaign for certain though.
I don't really think Jones wants to play that position honestly. He hasn't play in D for a while now. If the coach tells him play there, it's up to Jones to accept and play heartily in that position.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2010, 10:23:53 AM »
uruguay have a functioning football administration that has been running for donkey years and producing top results. they figure out this part of the sport.

t&t football administration is still a work in regress progress.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2010, 10:32:33 AM »
uruguay have a functioning football administration that has been running for donkey years and producing top results. they figure out this part of the sport.

t&t football administration is still a work in regress progress.

regress is the right word  :beermug:

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2010, 10:48:28 AM »

...And plus you need two attacking strikers to offset the opposing defense on the break
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 10:52:17 AM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2010, 12:17:56 PM »

Latas moved to Falkirk when Sancho came to the UK so is indeed 6 and not 7. Strangely enough, he had spent half of his last season with rangers on loan to Dundee...

Apart from Latas at Rangers, I wouldn't really qualify anyone in the Scottish Leagues at playing at a higher level than MLS, but is interesting just how many guys we did have in scotland for real...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2010, 12:19:04 PM »

We cyar even beat a Caribbean side now by more than 2 goals, far less beat the USA and Mexico consistently.

We need 11 quality men to even attempt to qualify for the finals...that and all tough to achieve.

Plus Uruguay qualifying group much harder...they accustomed to playing against good opposition.

Preserve dem 2005-2006 games we go b watchin dem 4 decades 2 come.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2010, 01:40:51 PM »

Preserve dem 2005-2006 games we go b watchin dem 4 decades 2 come.

you bring new meaning to the word pessimist

1]; } ?>