March 29, 2024, 08:45:56 AM

Author Topic: Languages  (Read 1570 times)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Languages
« on: July 07, 2010, 07:04:40 AM »
It does always fascinate me when dem fellahs on the field talking.

Like when the Uzbek ref arguing with the Uruguayan players yesterday..his spanish flawless? or dem uzbek real good?
or Robinho ress some hard boff on the dutch player on the ground...is english or dutch de man know?

Sometimes yuh could tell dem men just communicating with broken words and hand signals...but for the most part anybody know if the language ting is studyin yuh opponents and the ref ahead of time? or dey does just figure it out on the field?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
Re: Languages
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 07:38:01 AM »
funny, my boss ask me the same thing yesterday when he see the dutch players arguing with the uruguayans when de zeeuw collect the boot to face...

i think by and large men does cuss out each other in they native tongue on the field. As for the referees, before the game they acquaint themselves with common phrases in each language to communicate. Also, I think they use common english phrases re football that everyone would understand on a field, and they even have a handbook of curse words in each language so that they can pick up on it on the field.

but i does really wonder though how men does communicate. Like in them scruffles on the field on TV when men trying to peace it out, it does look like men understanding each other so i not sure myself.

Offline willi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 08:11:50 AM »
funny, my boss ask me the same thing yesterday when he see the dutch players arguing with the uruguayans when de zeeuw collect the boot to face...

i think by and large men does cuss out each other in they native tongue on the field. As for the referees, before the game they acquaint themselves with common phrases in each language to communicate. Also, I think they use common english phrases re football that everyone would understand on a field, and they even have a handbook of curse words in each language so that they can pick up on it on the field.

but i does really wonder though how men does communicate. Like in them scruffles on the field on TV when men trying to peace it out, it does look like men understanding each other so i not sure myself.

Many play in the same leagues and many are multi-lingual. Desailly speaks Franch, English and Italian. Van Bommel is an old teammate of Forlan at Atletico, while Suarez plays in Holland.

Offline FF

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 08:30:12 AM »
Everybody in Europe speaks english... on top of that most people speak an additional language beside their native tongue...

It is only in our parts of the world where multilingual ability is something unique and amazing
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 09:30:30 AM »
Everybody in Europe speaks english... on top of that most people speak an additional language beside their native tongue...

It is only in our parts of the world where multilingual ability is something unique and amazing

True got an African who comes regularly to the club I DJ at in London that talks at least 8 lanuages, no joke!!

He's a womaniser though so it helps him with the ladies!  ;)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 10:46:49 AM »
I always wanted to be in a position like dat..and cuss a man in a real calm...remonstrative and gentle tone and see wha happen.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

1]; } ?>