March 28, 2024, 07:02:54 AM

Author Topic: WC 2010 - Match 64 - Final for 1st & 2nd place (11 July): Holland vs Spain  (Read 62154 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
So Bake the argument you puttin forth is that De Jong's kick was so bad, so stupid, so potentially costly, that it had to be something other than intentional.
I know you like to talk about not seeing the forest for all the trees.
That is exactly what happenin with you here, so ironic.

De Jong lost his head in that instant, that is all.
It happened before and it will happen again.

Dai's de best yuh could come up with? I not seeing the forest for the trees... and DeJong ketch ah vaps and intentionally plant ah size 5 in Xabi chest?

Okay.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

I am calm. dude. What in my post suggests otherwise?   First off, a man being sent off early doesn't guarantee a game being spoiled.  If anything, maybe holland would have tried to play football instead of jujitsu for fear of losing another man.   Secondly, a man doh have to have prior beef with somebody for a reckless challenge to be "intentional".  This ain't bloods and crips on Crenshaw Boulevard we talkin' 'bout here.  In the context of a sport like football, if I know that jumping in with a two-footed, studs-up challenge can hurt my opponent if he happen to put his foot where I land, and he then does put his foot there and get it broken, then that is intent enough.   Same with de jong yesterday.  He KNEW Xavi Alonso was coming, he KNEW that he could only hurt him with the tackle he made and he did.  Retrospect has no place while the game is being played, so Xavi being able to continue means nothing at that point, nor are the rules made up and/or enforced to please neutral observers. If anything, you want to protect the integrity and credibility of the game, if neutral observers are your target audience.  Also, at what point does the protection of the players take precedent? Again, though, I ask the question.  At what point does a referee really enforce the rules?  Because, if, according to you, sending a man off early will spoil the game, well wouldn't it "spoil" the game in the 65th minute, too?    Thing is, holland has been playing some form of negative football since the QF game against Brazil.  They just went from one extreme (diving and rolling around in agony at the slightest touch) to the other yesterday (mixed martial arts).  If anything had the potential for "spoiling" the game, it was that.    

Again I agree the offense was red card offense.  It didn't happen... oh well.  They still lost, and all is well. 

By the way, you're a big time optimist if you feel that a red card in the 28th minute woulda forced Holland to "come out and play"... that's a contradiction to conventional wisdom if I've ever heard it....
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 09:33:26 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
So Bake the argument you puttin forth is that De Jong's kick was so bad, so stupid, so potentially costly, that it had to be something other than intentional.

Dai's de best yuh could come up with? I not seeing the forest for the trees... and DeJong ketch ah vaps and intentionally plant ah size 5 in Xabi chest?

Okay.

I already analyse the man position and kick motion, so no that is not all I come with.
What you come with?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Okay.

I already analyse the man position and kick motion, so no that is not all I come with.
What you come with?

Read the thread, or have somebody read it to you.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I read it. You ignored all the physical evidence.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
Real Madrid’s Alonso criticises Man City’s de Jong for horror challenge
13.07.10 | Andrew Slevison
READ MORE NEWS ON: Liverpool, Manchester City, Real Madrid, World Cup

Real Madrid midfielder Xabi Alonso has criticised Manchester City’s Nigel de Jong following a horror challenge that left Alonso with a broken rib.

The aerial challenge by Holland’s de Jong came in the World Cup final on Sunday, which was won by Alonso’s Spain, and the former Liverpool man said it was one of the worst tackles he has experienced.

“I am in pain now. It was one of the worst tackles I have ever had. They had to close us down, it was a tight game and there is respect from both sides,” Alonso said.

“The challenge was really hard, it was one of the most painful tackles in my life. It was hard to play on. I have probably broken a rib.”

Need your Manchester City news fix? Click here for all City news and transfer rumours.
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
Real Madrid’s Alonso criticises Man City’s de Jong for horror challenge
13.07.10 | Andrew Slevison
READ MORE NEWS ON: Liverpool, Manchester City, Real Madrid, World Cup

Real Madrid midfielder Xabi Alonso has criticised Manchester City’s Nigel de Jong following a horror challenge that left Alonso with a broken rib.

The aerial challenge by Holland’s de Jong came in the World Cup final on Sunday, which was won by Alonso’s Spain, and the former Liverpool man said it was one of the worst tackles he has experienced.

“I am in pain now. It was one of the worst tackles I have ever had. They had to close us down, it was a tight game and there is respect from both sides,” Alonso said.

“The challenge was really hard, it was one of the most painful tackles in my life. It was hard to play on. I have probably broken a rib.”

Need your Manchester City news fix? Click here for all City news and transfer rumours.

Spain's Xabi Alonso get a certified stamp of approval by Nigel de Jong (de young dutch) in that they are the 2010 WC champs.  He should of been nominated for the gold booth award for that great kick  ;D
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 04:17:54 AM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

I am calm. dude. What in my post suggests otherwise?   First off, a man being sent off early doesn't guarantee a game being spoiled.  If anything, maybe holland would have tried to play football instead of jujitsu for fear of losing another man.   Secondly, a man doh have to have prior beef with somebody for a reckless challenge to be "intentional".  This ain't bloods and crips on Crenshaw Boulevard we talkin' 'bout here.  In the context of a sport like football, if I know that jumping in with a two-footed, studs-up challenge can hurt my opponent if he happen to put his foot where I land, and he then does put his foot there and get it broken, then that is intent enough.   Same with de jong yesterday.  He KNEW Xavi Alonso was coming, he KNEW that he could only hurt him with the tackle he made and he did.  Retrospect has no place while the game is being played, so Xavi being able to continue means nothing at that point, nor are the rules made up and/or enforced to please neutral observers. If anything, you want to protect the integrity and credibility of the game, if neutral observers are your target audience.  Also, at what point does the protection of the players take precedent? Again, though, I ask the question.  At what point does a referee really enforce the rules?  Because, if, according to you, sending a man off early will spoil the game, well wouldn't it "spoil" the game in the 65th minute, too?    Thing is, holland has been playing some form of negative football since the QF game against Brazil.  They just went from one extreme (diving and rolling around in agony at the slightest touch) to the other yesterday (mixed martial arts).  If anything had the potential for "spoiling" the game, it was that.    

Again I agree the offense was red card offense.  It didn't happen... oh well.  They still lost, and all is well. 

By the way, you're a big time optimist if you feel that a red card in the 28th minute woulda forced Holland to "come out and play"... that's a contradiction to conventional wisdom if I've ever heard it....

I was being sarcastic, dude.  We likely would have had a repeat of the holland-portugal game of '06 and they just would have focused on trying to get a Spaniard sent off but my optimism comes in my faith in Spain not being as affected by holland's play as they seemed to be, if proper justice was being meted out by the officials, and taking a 10-man side apart before possibly unraveling themselves.  If that is what you and others call "spoiling the game", oh well.  It happens.  The thing is, holland was playing ugly football from since the QF and that is proof (to me) that they had absolutely no intentions of "coming out and playing" against superior teams.  Doesn't change the fact that tackles like the one de jong put on alonso has no place in football and should have been punished accordingly by webb no matter what effect it would have had on the game, no matter what the game, the circumstances or the stakes.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

I was being sarcastic, dude.  We likely would have had a repeat of the holland-portugal game of '06 and they just would have focused on trying to get a Spaniard sent off but my optimism comes in my faith in Spain not being as affected by holland's play as they seemed to be, if proper justice was being meted out by the officials, and taking a 10-man side apart before possibly unraveling themselves.  If that is what you and others call "spoiling the game", oh well.  It happens.  The thing is, holland was playing ugly football from since the QF and that is proof (to me) that they had absolutely no intentions of "coming out and playing" against superior teams.  Doesn't change the fact that tackles like the one de jong put on alonso has no place in football and should have been punished accordingly by webb no matter what effect it would have had on the game, no matter what the game, the circumstances or the stakes.

You keep saying the same thing that is irrelevant to what I'm saying.  Again, I'm not using the effect on the game to justify Webb's no-call.  I never said that a ref should consider the balance of the game in making such calls...(I think he made the call based on his perception of intent- and I agree with him on that, but we see it differently and could talk in circles about that forever so there's no point to it).....The point that I'm making is from a neutral spectator standpoint.  I'm saying that in retrospect, the no-call didn't adversely affect the game, and in fact it probably served to preserve some quality of the match...so as a spectator I hold no grudge. The better side still won, De Jong didn't use his get out of jail free card as license to continue the nonsense, and Alonso suffered no major damage (to my knowledge)...All's well that ends well.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Very hard to believe that De Jong intended to jump kick Alonso in his chest...

aight Kicker, if you say so!!

I telling yuh, anytime ah man hit me a kick to check on a football field so, both ah we getting ah red card cause is real fight.

Més que un club.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

You keep saying the same thing that is irrelevant to what I'm saying.  Again, I'm not using the effect on the game to justify Webb's no-call.  I never said that a ref should consider the balance of the game in making such calls...(I think he made the call based on his perception of intent- and I agree with him on that, but we see it differently and could talk in circles about that forever so there's no point to it).....The point that I'm making is from a neutral spectator standpoint.  I'm saying that in retrospect, the no-call didn't adversely affect the game, and in fact it probably served to preserve some quality of the match...so as a spectator I hold no grudge. The better side still won, De Jong didn't use his get out of jail free card as license to continue the nonsense, and Alonso suffered no major damage (to my knowledge)...All's well that ends well.

Actually I think he broke a rib, can someone confirm?
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile

Actually I think he broke a rib, can someone confirm?

BBC quoting alonso saying he "might have broken a rib".

I will not debate with you on this. From the time you say DeJong tackle had "no intent." Look at the youtube clip and tell me no intent. Look where the ball is and what DeJong did! Frigging Alonso is heading the ball

Sorry gentlemen we will have to agree to disagree on this one. What DeJong did has no place in football. I do not for one minute believe that the importance of the game, is any excuse. Nor do I believe that the position on the field that it occured should impact the decision (you cannot be half pregnant).

But Suarez' deliberate handball does?  Yuh trying tuh be jokey or what?

If you don't believe the importance of the game shouldn't factor into a ref's decision to penalize players then what's the point of even giving ref's discretion?

For you, Socapro, Peong, Slates et al who arguing that DeJong "intentionally" kicke Xabi in he solar plexus let's examine this:

1. I think we all would agree that intent or not, the foul is red card-worthy.
2. We all would agree that any player who intentionally jump-kick another player in the neck, should be issued a red card
3. We all would agree that most, if not all players would recognize this
4. We all would agree that after 28 minutes of play there is still a lot of football left in the game, especially when there is no score yet.
5. We all would agree that no reasonable player would want his team to play a man down for any amount of time, let alone 62 minutes.

... assuming we can agree on all of the above (if you disagree then feel free to), of what benefit would it be to DeJong or his team for him to deliberately ("with intent") commit a red card worthy foul, and gamble against the odds (the foul being so flagrant) that he'd be allowed to stay on in the game and not sent to the showers early?

Is it your argument that:
  -He lost his head, saw Xabi coming and decided, red card be damned "I running up he chest to let him know he cyah come across my midfield"?

-Did he say "Howard Webb know how we does roll in de EPL man... he cyah send mih off fuh ah jumpkick this big World Cup final... let Alonso ketch foot in he ass"?

... or was it more likely, simply an excessively reckless play, that he didn't intend to kick him in the chest, but thru a boneheaded decision he went in high and couldn't pull out fast enough?

bake n' shark, there is a flaw in your 2nd point in particular and your argument in general. give it up. yuh will never get out of the steno pool with dese half-wit arguments. ::)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 08:23:15 AM by ribbit »

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
To be fair to Webb. I heard an interview with Dermot Gallagher who spoke to Webb.

Webb said that Alonso's body was between him and De Jong so he couldn't see the leg. He saw it at half-time (I don't know why thay let refs watch their mistakes during a match) and he would have sent DeJong off if he saw it.

I hear real people criticising webb saying he should have spoken to players and not given cards but when Van Persie run right through a man in the 2nd minute how much talking he could do.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach

Very hard to believe that De Jong intended to jump kick Alonso in his chest...

aight Kicker, if you say so!!

I telling yuh, anytime ah man hit me a kick to check on a football field so, both ah we getting ah red card cause is real fight.

I think I see the man guts poking out he back yes.

Seriously though the "player didn't intend to foul him like that" argument doesn't hold for me because he clearly intended to foul Alonso. there could be no other outcome from his approach. The worst part is that he showed no remorse or concern for the player. If you make an accidentally harsh or mistimed tackle on a player and get away with it you usually show some kind of remorse.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
To be fair to Webb. I heard an interview with Dermot Gallagher who spoke to Webb.

Webb said that Alonso's body was between him and De Jong so he couldn't see the leg. He saw it at half-time (I don't know why thay let refs watch their mistakes during a match) and he would have sent DeJong off if he saw it.

I hear real people criticising webb saying he should have spoken to players and not given cards but when Van Persie run right through a man in the 2nd minute how much talking he could do.

His assistant didn't see the kick??  Dais not what they are there for??  If I remember correctly, the referee didn't see Zidane's head butt back in 2006 it was the linesman who drew it to his attention.....and well you could miss Materazzi rolling around on the ground....

Also, Webb could have sent off Robben for putting the ball in the back of the net.  It would have been his 2nd yellow but Webb spoke to him instead.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
I don't know how else to put it, but in football intent does not equal premeditation and I think that's where alot of people get tie up.

Not because De Jong didn't set out to stamp Alonso from the start does it mean that in the split second before he reach in the challenge he didn't decide to let him have it. Footballers know exactly what they doing when they doing it, and many times what looks like incidental contact on the television screen is fully intentional.

De Jong know full well what he was doing in his moment of madness.. maybe immediately afterwards he study and regret what he did, but that was an intentional stamp.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
His assistant didn't see the kick??  Dais not what they are there for??  If I remember correctly, the referee didn't see Zidane's head butt back in 2006 it was the linesman who drew it to his attention.....and well you could miss Materazzi rolling around on the ground....

Well that is the question. What did the lineman see? It is a real murky area though because the linesman always have to be watching two places at once.

Also once the ref calls the foul. The linesman does not assume that he missed the incident. If the ref gives DeJong a yellow the linesman assumes that the ref saw the incident and used his judgement, just as most of us did when we saw it live on TV from distance without the benefit of slow-mo and multiple angles. I don't know if it the linesman job to question the ref's judgement on calls that the ref sees. What would have been different is if Webb solicited the linesman's opinion on the incident.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Well that is the question. What did the lineman see? It is a real murky area though because the linesman always have to be watching two places at once.

Also once the ref calls the foul. The linesman does not assume that he missed the incident. If the ref gives DeJong a yellow the linesman assumes that the ref saw the incident and used his judgement, just as most of us did when we saw it live on TV from distance without the benefit of slow-mo and multiple angles. I don't know if it the linesman job to question the ref's judgement on calls that the ref sees. What would have been different is if Webb solicited the linesman's opinion on the incident.

In the Zidane incident....i think it was the 4th official who drew it to the attention of the referee. Not the linesmen. Which was a bit controversial.

And....i sympathize with webb..cuz he woulda be damned if he did..damned if he didnt. I doh think he saw it honestly.....we get the benefit of multiple angles and not having to decide in a split second.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
In the Zidane incident....i think it was the 4th official who drew it to the attention of the referee. Not the linesmen. Which was a bit controversial.

And....i sympathize with webb..cuz he woulda be damned if he did..damned if he didnt. I doh think he saw it honestly.....we get the benefit of multiple angles and not having to decide in a split second.

I forget to add that. Also the rumour is that he saw it on a pitchside monitor. As a result of that and the fact that managers were always harangueing the 4th official, FIFA remove all the monitors.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ok it was an intentional stamp...

What next?

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile

What next?

Dude it was an International Stamp of Approval.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
De Jong is actually seen watching  Xabi Alonso as he approaches. I don't think intention is really up for debate. It is reflex for players to raise their hands to say sorry so I don't buy the remourse thing either. In any case boots to man chest, rather than getting into psychological debate about his state of mind just send him off for wildness.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 03:29:16 PM by Jah Gol »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
just send him off for wildness.

And that is that.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile

Above De Long & below he brother!

Here is De Long's brother and the man wearing orange as well!  8)

Guess De Long was just jealousing he brother and decided to impress the director of that movie so that he could get a starring role as well just like he brother!

Well done De Long, its time to forget bout football, I believe you have the talent and deserve a staring role in that Kung Fu flick!  ;)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 02:01:29 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

What next?

We'll talk about it some more.  Care to join us?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
bake n' shark, there is a flaw in your 2nd point in particular and your argument in general. give it up. yuh will never get out of the steno pool with dese half-wit arguments. ::)

Yeah... de flaw is that I di'n write it in crayons with ah nice stick figure diagram tuh better suit yuh comprehension.  Next time.  Besides... I quite like de steno pool, ah reach mih level and liking it.

--------------------------------------

Man trying tuh come with all kinda subjective definition of intent now... intent mean intent, except when it doh mean intent.  Somebody go have to break down de meaning on "intent" in de basketball and cricket sense fuh mih. 

Besides, if DeJong did really intend tuh jump-kick Xabi in he chest he woulda bawl "kiiyaaaaiii" right as he plant he foot in he solar plexus.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Dutch Celebrate 2nd Place in World Cup

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Filed at 3:08 p.m. ET

AMSTERDAM (AP) -- Hundreds of thousands of fans lined Amsterdam's web of canals to cheer the World Cup runner-up Netherlands as the team cruised the waterways, swigging beer and blowing vuvuzelas, in an open-top boat on Tuesday.

Looking to have finally shaken off the disappointment of the team's third second-place World Cup finish, the players drank beer and waved at fans as orange streamers, fired from cannons along the canal, drifted over them.

Midfielder Rafael van der Vaart sprayed fans with beer, while defender Edson Braafheid caught a bottle of beer tossed to him by a fan and started drinking from it. Players had to regularly duck as their boat cruised under low bridges.

''I expected some people to come, but this is unbelievable,'' coach Bert van Marwijk said. ''Can you imagine what it would have been like if we'd won?''

Scores of small boats, most of them pumping out loud music and packed with dancing revelers, followed the official flotilla.

In front of about 100,000 fans at the central Museum Square, winger Arjen Robben said: ''Spain may have won the World Cup, but we have the best supporters in the world.''

Before the team boat arrived, several fans leaped into the murky waters of the Brouwersgracht canal cheered by hoards of orange-clad, flag-waving supporters -- despite warnings from authorities that swimming in the canals could expose them to anything from E. coli bacteria to sunken bicycles and shopping carts.

''It's a bit much, considering we lost,'' said Loes Olden, who was sipping a glass of white wine at the water's edge at a table decked in an orange tarp, two ornate candle sticks and a bowl of oranges. ''It's over the top, but we're enjoying it.''

Houses along the canals were draped in flags and some had giant footballs hanging from their facades.

Earlier, the team was honored by Prime Minister Jan Peter Balkenende at the start of a hectic day of celebrations.

Under bunches of orange balloons, Van Marwijk and retiring captain Giovanni van Bronckhorst were given the honorary title of ''Knight in the Order of Oranje Nassau'' at a reception in front of Balkenende's official Catshuis residence.

The team then was driven by coach to meet Queen Beatrix at her Noordeinde Palace in The Hague before an Air Force helicopter whisked the team to Amsterdam for its boat tour and an open-air party at Museum Square, where fans had watched the action from South Africa on giant screens throughout the tournament.

Amsterdam police tweeted that 500,000 people had descended on the city to celebrate the Netherlands' best World Cup finish since 1978. There were no immediate reports of any problems among the fans, who quickly dispersed from the canals after the team boat had passed.

Orange-clad supporters began pouring into the grassy square, flanked on two sides by the Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh Museum, hours before the party's scheduled 5 p.m. (1500 GMT) start.

Security staff were posted next to a handful of house boats along the route in an effort to prevent fans clambering onto their roofs. When the Netherlands won its only international title, the 1988 European Championship, several house boats were badly damaged and a few sank amid wild scenes of jubilation.

The Dutch lost 1-0 in extra time to Spain in Sunday's final -- the third time the country has lost the final after defeats in 1974 and '78.

Dennis Nuitermans, who runs a car showroom in the southern city of Breda, traveled to Amsterdam on his 32nd birthday for the celebration.

''It doesn't happen often that we are second in the world so we're coming for a great day out in Amsterdam,'' he said.

While Nuitermans was pleased with the team's second place, he was critical of its style of play. Van Marwijk ditched the trademark Dutch flowing, attacking style known the world over as ''total football'' and replaced it with patient passing and uncompromising tackling he calls ''result football.''

''It was not really Dutch, but it was efficient,'' Nuitermans said. ''The final was not exactly charming. It was pretty ugly at times.''

Eight Dutchmen were booked and defender John Heitinga was sent off in an ill-tempered final in Johannesburg, where five Spain players were also booked.

Robben said his missed chance on the hour mark was still haunting him. The Bayern Munich star had only Iker Casillas to beat, but the Spain goalkeeper deflected Robben's shot wide with his outstretched foot.

''You want nothing more than to score that goal. It was a big chance,'' he said. ''It hurts to miss a chance like that.''

As he sang and danced in front of the huge orange crowd of adoring fans in Amsterdam, the pain appeared to be easing.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2010/07/13/sports/soccer/AP-SOC-WCup-Netherlands-Celebrates.html?ref=sports

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/F7ODfbg2YjY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/F7ODfbg2YjY</a>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7ODfbg2YjY

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Yeah... de flaw is that I di'n write it in crayons with ah nice stick figure diagram tuh better suit yuh comprehension.  Next time.  Besides... I quite like de steno pool, ah reach mih level and liking it.

--------------------------------------

Man trying tuh come with all kinda subjective definition of intent now... intent mean intent, except when it doh mean intent.  Somebody go have to break down de meaning on "intent" in de basketball and cricket sense fuh mih. 

Besides, if DeJong did really intend tuh jump-kick Xabi in he chest he woulda bawl "kiiyaaaaiii" right as he plant he foot in he solar plexus.

leh meh arkse yuh a question or two nuh.....yuh think if neither Alonso nor any other Spanish player were approaching that ball that de jong would have tried to kick at the ball the way he did in alonso chest? Is a kaarate-style kick at a ball even normal?  Especially a ball coming across the plane of his body like it was?   

1]; } ?>