March 28, 2024, 12:50:13 PM

Author Topic: WC 2010 - Match 64 - Final for 1st & 2nd place (11 July): Holland vs Spain  (Read 62175 times)

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
Villa? I thought it was Xavi involved on that play, kicking the defender's leg...

wasn't a pk in my opinion.  The defender got to the ball first, Xavi (I think- not Villa) was already in kicking motion and didn't see the defender coming through and ended up kicking his foot.  The defender played the ball, not the man...so no foul. 

I think you're right that it was Xavi.  I recall the incident as you decribe... JDB apparently was getting de Spanish feed.

Right that's it the Spanish feed. I'm sure that is how you recall what you saw but you saw wrong.

It is not surpring that you missed it and also not surprising that instead of wondering if you got it wrong you make smart remarks about what I watch.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
I watched the incident again ( stand corrected) it was Xavi and the defender never touched the ball, he tackled Xavi's leg in the act of shoot
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

giggsy11

Inesta bares the scares of the Dutch butchers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR81PhlR1sc

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Right that's it the Spanish feed. I'm sure that is how you recall what you saw but you saw wrong.

It is not surpring that you missed it and also not surprising that instead of wondering if you got it wrong you make smart remarks about what I watch.

I swear, you are the easiest mark on this forum.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach

Resorting to off topic namecalling when yuh wrong about something... didn't see that one coming.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Resorting to off topic namecalling when yuh wrong about something... didn't see that one coming.

"namecalling"?

Why am I not surprised that my "mark" comment went over your head... even as you validate its very substance.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
hear nuh, ah doh know what de politics and ego mgmt was in de dutch camp but wouldn't RVN have been a better sight coming off de bench than elia or edson braaf... ???

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
"namecalling"?

Why am I not surprised that my "mark" comment went over your head... even as you validate its very substance.

Namecalling as in typically empty, baseless pejoratives, usually unrelated to the actual topic of discussion. I shouldn't say baseless though..they all seem to be founded on the assumption that your lofty opinion is akin to fact.

As for validation, your "mark" comment has as much substance as you seeing the Dutch defender touch the ball.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
As for validation, your "mark" comment has as much substance as you seeing the Dutch defender touch the ball.

:whip: :whip:    ;D ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
JDB, looks like you shut down the thread, boy.   :rotfl:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Namecalling as in typically empty, baseless pejoratives, usually unrelated to the actual topic of discussion. I shouldn't say baseless though..they all seem to be founded on the assumption that your lofty opinion is akin to fact.

Since the reference obviously continues to escape you, let me help you out.  Me saying you're an easy mark was not in fact "namecalling" as you so foolishly interpreted it to be.  In fact it was far from being a "pejorative" and was deliberately said in jest to elicit a response... one which you were more than willing to provide. 

The episode harkens back to that time two-three years ago when in a similar haste you accused me of being a racist on par with the KKK, simply because you failed to understand my response to just cool.  I would explain the rest but it's clear from your responses thus far that I'd just be wasting my time... kill you dead somebody engaging in calling you names.  But as I said, with your thin-skinned responses you only continue to validate my statement.

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
people still in this forum?? like allyuh have WC tabanca or wha? :devil:

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
people still in this forum?? like allyuh have WC tabanca or wha? :devil:

Can you blame us??  Is T&T vs Antigua we have to look forward to now..... ::) ::)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • We Reach

Since the reference obviously continues to escape you, let me help you out.  Me saying you're an easy mark was not in fact "namecalling" as you so foolishly interpreted it to be.  In fact it was far from being a "pejorative" and was deliberately said in jest to elicit a response... one which you were more than willing to provide. 

The episode harkens back to that time two-three years ago when in a similar haste you accused me of being a racist on par with the KKK, simply because you failed to understand my response to just cool.  I would explain the rest but it's clear from your responses thus far that I'd just be wasting my time... kill you dead somebody engaging in calling you names.  But as I said, with your thin-skinned responses you only continue to validate my statement.

You're setting a false frame of reference and making the response that you see fit. You're referring to an incident where I admittedly misread a post. But even in that response I was not "thin skinned" since the statement was not directed to me. I did respond in kind, based on the original mischaracterization.

In this case I reply to your post with a dissenting opinion, you reply to mine (in passing), not with a focus on what we were actually talking about but with diversionary snark. Somehow my next response is an escalation and the result of thin-skinnedness and every subsequent response is proof of such as if I somehow baying at the moon and not replying to actual statements from you.

The "mark" characterization is wrong because I rarely bother to get into these tit for tats and never have the need to get into personal attacks. If we can't find common ground after a few fair exchanges of the issue at hand we might as well not bother. Seems like we at such an impasse right now because we gone way off topic and...kill you dead I thin-skinned and you just this cool even handed lovable misunderstood jester.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
You more confused than I even thought...

You're setting a false frame of reference and making the response that you see fit. You're referring to an incident where I admittedly misread a post. But even in that response I was not "thin skinned" since the statement was not directed to me. I did respond in kind, based on the original mischaracterization.

Since I have to hold your hand and walk you thru this... you misread my "mark" comment just as you misread my response to the poster "just cool" some years back.  I have to put his name in quotes, since you apparently yet again misunderstand the reference.  I never said you were being thin-skinned in that incident, the reference was to illustrate how your preconceived notions skew your interpretation of what I type.

In this case I reply to your post with a dissenting opinion, you reply to mine (in passing), not with a focus on what we were actually talking about but with diversionary snark. Somehow my next response is an escalation and the result of thin-skinnedness and every subsequent response is proof of such as if I somehow baying at the moon and not replying to actual statements from you.

To begin with I wasn't even focused on no argument... in fact you would have a hard time finding when last you saw me get into any long drawn out argument on this board.  But since Bakes love tuh engage in "Namecalling as in typically empty, baseless pejoratives, usually unrelated to the actual topic of discussion", with your preconceived notions you chose to interpret the comment about the "Spanish feed" as "diversionary snark".  You follow that up with something or the other about baying at the moon and not responding to actual statements by me.  To be honest, I have no idea what any of that is about.

The "mark" characterization is wrong because I rarely bother to get into these tit for tats and never have the need to get into personal attacks. If we can't find common ground after a few fair exchanges of the issue at hand we might as well not bother. Seems like we at such an impasse right now because we gone way off topic and...kill you dead I thin-skinned and you just this cool even handed lovable misunderstood jester.

There is no "tit for tat"... again, that is a figment of your own creation.  A "mark" is a target.  I said you made for an easy target because I deliberately throw a little corn in yuh yard with the "Spanish feed" comment and you happily took that and ran with it.  You couldn't wait to start preaching from your own lofty heights about how it was typical of me when wrong to resort to unsurprising "namecalling" and whatnot... which I found humorous.  As I said, it validated my statement in that you took the bait... but of course yuh wasn't being thin-skinned in responding to my "smart remarks". 

But anyways... joke done spoil and time to move on, enough of this back and forth.  I not too concerned with being "lovable" or about being understood or misunderstood, this is the internet... so I wouldn't waste time worrying about that if I was you.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 11:43:44 AM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
De man gone back 2 and 3 years on JDB oui! man does be claimin' how unimportant this forum is and hummuch better tings he have to do than to be engaging all these lesser occupants of this forum......Shakin' meh head!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

1]; } ?>