April 28, 2024, 11:33:23 AM

Author Topic: India may travel to Trinidad & Tobago  (Read 44284 times)

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
Re: India may travel to Trinidad & Tobago
« Reply #330 on: August 19, 2011, 06:37:12 AM »
San Raphael?
 ;D
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 06:39:43 AM by doc »
Live large and prosper!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: August 19, 2011, 07:38:09 AM »
San Raphael?
 ;D

Doc like yuh does knock in Trini. Nuff Trini eh know where San Raphel is.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: August 19, 2011, 07:52:15 AM »
sounds like a good fete to me

We have WC qualifying and we talking fete match. JA went China and they playing Ecuador or Bolivia. We playing f--king fete match? Allyuh either going brazil village or RIO claro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't say fete match.  I said fete (for the fans)!!  My point was that I don't know why the fans wouldn't go out in their numbers and enjoy this one....

On a sidenote, I think the match could be a lot of fun for the local based if as a nation we took it seriously- regardless of who supporting who - let the indians come out in their numbers, tassa, roti, doubles and rum mix with the regular steel and iron, pie, nuts and stag ...sounds like a good fete to me -  I eh see what the fuss is all about
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline doc

• Hero Warrior
  • ...game, set, match.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: August 19, 2011, 12:26:37 PM »
San Raphael?
 ;D

From my time at CSO ;D
Live large and prosper!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: August 19, 2011, 12:35:54 PM »
San Raphael?
 ;D

From my time at CSO ;D

Dat is yuh response and yuh stickin wit it aok.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Guyana beats India too!
« Reply #335 on: August 24, 2011, 08:45:54 PM »
Goal.com

The FULL TIME whistle blows....Guyana win 2-1...It's India's second successive defeat in the Caribbean tour but this time it was a much better showing from Armando Colaco's side...Stay tuned to Goal.com for match report and reactions...

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Guyana beats India too!
« Reply #336 on: August 24, 2011, 08:46:47 PM »
congrats to Guyana but should I be surprised ?

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #337 on: August 25, 2011, 02:45:58 AM »

No. Guyan have some skill and bad mind, doh be surprise if they spring a surprise in the WC qualifiers. Nothing so heady as making the Hex but they could win a game and take valuable pts away from a favoured team.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #338 on: August 25, 2011, 04:23:24 AM »

No. Guyan have some skill and bad mind, doh be surprise if they spring a surprise in the WC qualifiers. Nothing so heady as making the Hex but they could win a game and take valuable pts away from a favoured team.

VB

And now Shabazz is back with Guyana.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: August 25, 2011, 09:59:09 AM »

VB

And now Shabazz is back with Guyana.

VB

Been trying to get a feel for the strength of this Indian team, i believe this result against Guyana puts things into perspective somewhat for me. Guyana is not top 4 caribbean, so its safe to say this Indian team is somewhere around the same level of teams like Bermuda / Antigua etc...This Guyana team (with a good a couple overseas basd players) was recently beaten 4-0 by caribbean champs Jamaica. I 'd also assume that Guyana left out some of its overseas based players for this India game. you'd thing with Indias 1 gazillion population theyd be able to put together a decent 11...whats guyanas population. Goes to show that football is more about culture than anything else.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 10:00:49 AM by reggae-fan »

Offline Boodsy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: August 25, 2011, 10:15:00 AM »
India go down to Guyana in friendly

Guyana have defeated India 2-1 in an international friendly at the National Stadium, Providence, as part of the +ONE India Caribbean Tour.

The hosts took the lead in the 19th minute through striker Vurlon Mills, who headed it in after the Indian defence was caught napping.

Stung by the reverse, India pushed hard and equalised when Steven Dias curled in a free-kick in the 36th minute to level matters before the interval.

In the second period, Guyana combined well and a flurry of attacks kept the Indian defence busy. Their efforts eventually bore fruit in the 63rd minute when left-back Walter Moore chipped over Subrata Pal to make it 2-1.

India’s best chance came when Guyana were reduced to 10-men after Travis Henry was given his marching orders for a rough tackle on Clifford Miranda. But India could not profit from the numerical advantage as Guyana managed to hold on to the lead.
-----------------------------------------------------------
http://www.espnstar.com/football/news/detail/item661805/

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: August 25, 2011, 11:05:51 AM »

Been trying to get a feel for the strength of this Indian team, i believe this result against Guyana puts things into perspective somewhat for me. Guyana is not top 4 caribbean, so its safe to say this Indian team is somewhere around the same level of teams like Bermuda / Antigua etc...This Guyana team (with a good a couple overseas basd players) was recently beaten 4-0 by caribbean champs Jamaica. I 'd also assume that Guyana left out some of its overseas based players for this India game. you'd thing with Indias 1 gazillion population theyd be able to put together a decent 11...whats guyanas population. Goes to show that football is more about culture than anything else.

Aye I give yuh one thing boy - yuh real patriotic dread! 

You could always find a way tuh slip Jamaica into a conversation even when the topic have NOTHING to do with them lol..
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: August 25, 2011, 12:46:34 PM »

Aye I give yuh one thing boy - yuh real patriotic dread! 

You could always find a way tuh slip Jamaica into a conversation even when the topic have NOTHING to do with them lol..
Add tribalistic tuh dat as well!  the facker doh ever stop beatin that big stinkin ole tribal drum, morning noon and night.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

1]; } ?>