April 28, 2024, 11:33:23 AM

Author Topic: India may travel to Trinidad & Tobago  (Read 44284 times)

Re: India may travel to Trinidad & Tobago
« Reply #330 on: August 19, 2011, 06:37:12 AM »
San Raphael?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 06:39:43 AM by doc »

« Reply #331 on: August 19, 2011, 07:38:09 AM »
San Raphael?

Doc like yuh does knock in Trini. Nuff Trini eh know where San Raphel is.

« Reply #332 on: August 19, 2011, 07:52:15 AM »
sounds like a good fete to me

We have WC qualifying and we talking fete match. JA went China and they playing Ecuador or Bolivia. We playing f--king fete match? Allyuh either going brazil village or RIO claro!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't say fete match.  I said fete (for the fans)!!  My point was that I don't know why the fans wouldn't go out in their numbers and enjoy this one....

On a sidenote, I think the match could be a lot of fun for the local based if as a nation we took it seriously- regardless of who supporting who - let the indians come out in their numbers, tassa, roti, doubles and rum mix with the regular steel and iron, pie, nuts and stag ...sounds like a good fete to me -  I eh see what the fuss is all about

« Reply #333 on: August 19, 2011, 12:26:37 PM »
San Raphael?

From my time at CSO ;D

« Reply #334 on: August 19, 2011, 12:35:54 PM »
San Raphael?

From my time at CSO ;D

Dat is yuh response and yuh stickin wit it aok.

Guyana beats India too!
« Reply #335 on: August 24, 2011, 08:45:54 PM »
Goal.com

The FULL TIME whistle blows....Guyana win 2-1...It's India's second successive defeat in the Caribbean tour but this time it was a much better showing from Armando Colaco's side...Stay tuned to Goal.com for match report and reactions...

Re: Guyana beats India too!
« Reply #336 on: August 24, 2011, 08:46:47 PM »
congrats to Guyana but should I be surprised ?

« Reply #337 on: August 25, 2011, 02:45:58 AM »

No. Guyan have some skill and bad mind, doh be surprise if they spring a surprise in the WC qualifiers. Nothing so heady as making the Hex but they could win a game and take valuable pts away from a favoured team.

« Reply #338 on: August 25, 2011, 04:23:24 AM »

No. Guyan have some skill and bad mind, doh be surprise if they spring a surprise in the WC qualifiers. Nothing so heady as making the Hex but they could win a game and take valuable pts away from a favoured team.

And now Shabazz is back with Guyana.

« Reply #339 on: August 25, 2011, 09:59:09 AM »

And now Shabazz is back with Guyana.

Been trying to get a feel for the strength of this Indian team, i believe this result against Guyana puts things into perspective somewhat for me. Guyana is not top 4 caribbean, so its safe to say this Indian team is somewhere around the same level of teams like Bermuda / Antigua etc...This Guyana team (with a good a couple overseas basd players) was recently beaten 4-0 by caribbean champs Jamaica. I 'd also assume that Guyana left out some of its overseas based players for this India game. you'd thing with Indias 1 gazillion population theyd be able to put together a decent 11...whats guyanas population. Goes to show that football is more about culture than anything else.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2011, 10:00:49 AM by reggae-fan »

Offline Boodsy

« Reply #340 on: August 25, 2011, 10:15:00 AM »
India go down to Guyana in friendly

Guyana have defeated India 2-1 in an international friendly at the National Stadium, Providence, as part of the +ONE India Caribbean Tour.

The hosts took the lead in the 19th minute through striker Vurlon Mills, who headed it in after the Indian defence was caught napping.

Stung by the reverse, India pushed hard and equalised when Steven Dias curled in a free-kick in the 36th minute to level matters before the interval.

In the second period, Guyana combined well and a flurry of attacks kept the Indian defence busy. Their efforts eventually bore fruit in the 63rd minute when left-back Walter Moore chipped over Subrata Pal to make it 2-1.

India’s best chance came when Guyana were reduced to 10-men after Travis Henry was given his marching orders for a rough tackle on Clifford Miranda. But India could not profit from the numerical advantage as Guyana managed to hold on to the lead.
-----------------------------------------------------------
http://www.espnstar.com/football/news/detail/item661805/

« Reply #341 on: August 25, 2011, 11:05:51 AM »

Been trying to get a feel for the strength of this Indian team, i believe this result against Guyana puts things into perspective somewhat for me. Guyana is not top 4 caribbean, so its safe to say this Indian team is somewhere around the same level of teams like Bermuda / Antigua etc...This Guyana team (with a good a couple overseas basd players) was recently beaten 4-0 by caribbean champs Jamaica. I 'd also assume that Guyana left out some of its overseas based players for this India game. you'd thing with Indias 1 gazillion population theyd be able to put together a decent 11...whats guyanas population. Goes to show that football is more about culture than anything else.

Aye I give yuh one thing boy - yuh real patriotic dread! 

You could always find a way tuh slip Jamaica into a conversation even when the topic have NOTHING to do with them lol..

« Reply #342 on: August 25, 2011, 12:46:34 PM »

Aye I give yuh one thing boy - yuh real patriotic dread! 

You could always find a way tuh slip Jamaica into a conversation even when the topic have NOTHING to do with them lol..
Add tribalistic tuh dat as well!  the facker doh ever stop beatin that big stinkin ole tribal drum, morning noon and night.