April 28, 2024, 03:07:15 AM

Author Topic: Senior footballers to aid U-17 girls  (Read 964 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Senior footballers to aid U-17 girls
« on: July 11, 2010, 06:25:16 AM »
Senior footballers to aid U-17 girls
By Shari John (T&T Guardian)

T&T’s senior Soca Princesses will be aiding the preparation of their U-17 counterparts for the Fifa U-17 Women’s World Cup, in light of Concacaf’s withdrawal from the Central American and Caribbean Games (CAC). Concacaf’s pulled out of the CAC, which begins on July 17, due to a lack of suitable facilities and poor pitches, forcing the T&T senior Soca Princesses, to seek alternative means of preparing for the Gold Cup in October. The Soca Princesses qualified for the competition by topping their group in the Caribbean Football Union Final Round Tournament held in T&T in May.

The withdrawal from the competition has now caused coach, Jamaal Shabazz to take things into his own hands and organize practice matched for his side. “Obviously we were looking forward to the tournament, but we understand and respect that Concacaf knows what is best for football in the region,” said Shabazz. “Therefore, we have made contact with some of the teams, particularly, Guatemala and Haiti and asked for friendlies at the end of the month. The team has been in training for the event which starts on July 18 and have been using the time they have together as a team to prepare both themselves and the U-17 team which is preparing for the Fifa U-17 Women’s World Cup in September.

The World Cup takes place from September 5 to 25 in T&T. “We have had a few healthy exchanges with the U-17’s as we are now using the time we have all the girls together to help them prepare for the World Cup,” said Shabazz. Shabazz explained that the entire team is in T&T, and will be together for an additional two weeks. “We have all of our best players here and we are going to make full use of the next two weeks. It is always good o have all of your players together in these times and it’s every coach’s dream.” The two teams will clash today from 10 am at an undecided venue.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Senior footballers to aid U-17 girls
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 11:13:01 AM »
Boy this website is the greatest,we hosting another WC and you don't see no discussion on here unless is an article from some newspapers.

Why can't we talk about our Football a little more,lets talk about some of the positive things going on not only when Jack and the TTFF screwing up.

Who are the girls on our U17 team?where they from?who they play for?what about the coaching staff?etc etc how ready are we?don't wait for them to fail then say we have a shit team or wait for them to do well and jump on the bandwagon.

We don't have to wait for sports reporters to inform us,we have our own (posters)to give us all the updates we need,i think as ardent socaworriors it's our duty to support Football at home regardless of what level it is.

I find lately we are continuing to be fed a series of fagot topics,i understand it may be fun for some and serious for others but remember this forum is about Football,it have other links for jokes,Cricket,Athletics etc etc

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 12:58:29 PM »
Boy this website is the greatest,we hosting another WC and you don't see no discussion on here unless is an article from some newspapers.

Why can't we talk about our Football a little more,lets talk about some of the positive things going on not only when Jack and the TTFF screwing up.

Who are the girls on our U17 team?where they from?who they play for?what about the coaching staff?etc etc how ready are we?don't wait for them to fail then say we have a shit team or wait for them to do well and jump on the bandwagon.

We don't have to wait for sports reporters to inform us,we have our own (posters)to give us all the updates we need,i think as ardent socaworriors it's our duty to support Football at home regardless of what level it is.

I find lately we are continuing to be fed a series of fagot topics,i understand it may be fun for some and serious for others but remember this forum is about Football,it have other links for jokes,Cricket,Athletics etc etc

start nah ::)
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline soccerlover

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 10:17:16 PM »

I know a little about three of the girls on the team currently in camp ; Camille Borneo , Patrice Campbell and Jonelle Warrick . Borneo plays for El Dorado 'Blue Thunder' . She also represented Joe Public Women's team two  years ago . She is 17 .She hails from Arima .She is a decent  central defender. She is the captain of the  u-17s at present .                                                                                                                                   Patrice Campbell also attends El Do and also played for Joe Public two years ago . She lives in Five Rivers .Patrice plays forward and can strike the ball pretty well .She is also a good reader of the game .She is not ,however , a very technical player . She is 16.
Jonelle Warrick attends Bishop Anstey East in Trincity .She plays for Trincity Nationals Women's team . She lives in Trincity .Jonelle is a utility player .She plays anywhere in defense or mid-field . She can strike the ball powerfully with both feet, is quick ,skillful and reads the game extremely well . The last time I saw her ,she was playing at left back for the U-17s. She is 15. :) :)

1]; } ?>