April 16, 2024, 02:03:32 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Jamaica Game (11-Aug-2010).  (Read 51115 times)

Offline Red Mango

• because football, does bring we together...
  • Sr. Warrior
  • We Comin'... Bless up!...
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Jamaica Game (11-Aug-2010).
« Reply #270 on: August 11, 2010, 06:18:13 PM »
Well a 10 man Jamaican team defeat Trinidad 3-1 at the Marvin Lee Stadium in Trinidad...

Loud steups... I real blue...

I wanted to bring a different style to the team, to play the Trinbagonian way. Everald "Gally" Cummings

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 11, 2010, 06:19:39 PM »
Well a 10 man Jamaican team defeat Trinidad 3-1 at the Marvin Lee Stadium in Trinidad...

fire latas
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #272 on: August 11, 2010, 06:21:57 PM »
Congratulations to Jamaica.

Offline Red Mango

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 11, 2010, 06:22:18 PM »

fire latas
someting hadda happen dey..............
I wanted to bring a different style to the team, to play the Trinbagonian way. Everald "Gally" Cummings

Offline nunu

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 11, 2010, 06:23:12 PM »
u people have the young and cunning jack warner to match fix groups , and yes u people will scrape through
to di Digicel cup third round but martinique and guadeloupe going to buss ur ass and make u all fawt !  :P

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 11, 2010, 06:24:10 PM »
Jamaica 3- TnT 1.  Latas gets fired. Warner announces big changes and coach coming to TTFF
Babalawo said it on July 29.  Is he is a prophet?  We just have to see the firing and the big changes!

:praying: :praying: :praying:

ah cyah tek it no more....

Babalawo get d score line right  :o

Babalawo is ah obeah man, I want him to give me the lotto numbers for this Friday!  :D
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 11, 2010, 06:24:20 PM »
I was supporting Latas as the coach but it seems that he doesn't get it. We are not so great offensively that we can win without playing defense. It seems that he doesn't get it. Thus far he hasn't called Birchall or Julius James and they can both help us defensively. I also saw Primus and he is probably already our best defender. He is big, strong, good on the ball and he reads the game well. Plus he has more international experience than these fools he has playing. I say go to the defenders from the U-23 team. The played well, dare I say on an international level at the U-20 WC.

Latas said before the game that he wanted to see if we progressed tactically but it seems that we have regressed. He has a lot to answer for, and in fact I would have no qualms if he lost his job as a result of this performance.
TnT Patriot

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #277 on: August 11, 2010, 06:25:27 PM »
nothing to do with the players, it lies with the coach and team selection, knowing which players should play anw hen to make subs and where the players are best suited.

latas is the blame, not the players, bc wim took a team with less talent and only jemmott and theobald and did well. latas dont know what he is doing

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 11, 2010, 06:26:51 PM »
u people have the young and cunning jack warner to match fix groups , and yes u people will scrape through
to di Digicel cup third round but martinique and guadeloupe going to buss ur ass and make u all fawt !  :P
Man haul yuh ignorant rass or better yet crawl back under yuh rock yuh slimey bastard.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 11, 2010, 06:27:17 PM »

fire latas

I'm really beginning to wonder. Access to players like is a club team and according to commentary and report the mids and defense still in a mess. This begs the questions:
- What are we doing in training?
- What are the evaluation methods used to select players?
- Who are the selectors and how invovled are they with the players?
- Should clubs continue to let the Coach have this great amount of access to the players?
- Players mentality (do they think they are safe?)
- How long should we persist having seen no pattern of development or improvement to team play?
- Is there a difference between experimenting and lack of responsibility to national pride?
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 11, 2010, 06:27:26 PM »
So?!

Congrats to your team, as sick as it sounds I appreciate the beating!
Now hopefully we can get a proper coach and a proper program in place!
Thanks for getting the alarm bells ringing, we appreciate it!  :beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Red Mango

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 11, 2010, 06:28:46 PM »
De situation serious, is T&T Football yuh know, and dey treatin it like is ah fete match...

Offline Red Mango

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 11, 2010, 06:29:38 PM »
So?!

Congrats to your team, as sick as it sounds I appreciate the beating!
Now hopefully we can get a proper coach and a proper program in place!
Thanks for getting the alarm bells ringing, we appreciate it!  :beermug:
ennnnnnnnt

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #283 on: August 11, 2010, 06:30:37 PM »

fire latas

I'm really beginning to wonder. Access to players like is a club team and according to commentary and report the mids and defense still in a mess. This begs the questions:
- Should clubs continue to let the Coach have this great amount of access to the players?
- How long should we persist having seen no pattern of development or improvement to team play?
- Is there a difference between experimenting and lack of responsibility to national pride?

team selection is piss poor

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 11, 2010, 06:34:04 PM »

fire latas

team selection is  @#!*%  poor

Same crap continuing on from Maturana. Makes me really wonder who was picking those teams. Mats must be laughing his ass off all now so.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: August 11, 2010, 06:42:54 PM »

Like nobody studyin de obvious

Yuh could only pick wha yuh have.

De current crop eh able.

And from de looks of de U20's....dem eh able neeedah

Some serious Guava we have to deal wit fuh a while to come.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Red Mango

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 11, 2010, 06:43:43 PM »

fire latas

dem fellas on bling and glamour ting... I sure it have real men who REALLY hongry to trow on dat jersey... men who WANT to represent we... de favouritism scenes hadda done...

Latas hadda take stock too... I was pleading for time for him on another thread, but after this, nah... he hadda learn de trade first man. Eh, we play JA at HOME yuh know... home, and even if this was a excuse to see dey brand, I still eh sure if de return leg in de office, wid dis unit is such a good idea...

WHAT is de Federation doing??? we really reach ah new low here breds...

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 11, 2010, 06:44:24 PM »

fire latas

Same crap continuing on from Maturana. Makes me really wonder who was picking those teams. Mats must be laughing his ass off all now so.

Latas was in charge while Mats was collecting a head coach salary which makes me have very little respect for Mats!!

If Beenie man would come back I would have him but we need to pay our players their 2006 Word Cup bonuses and put our house in order first as he will not come back to deal with any $hit!!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 06:53:46 PM by Socapro »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 11, 2010, 06:44:34 PM »

fire latas

maturana said some of the decisions were latapys when they fired him  ...you can see now hislop played right back in the usa game ... he played right back today again so it goes
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline GunnerStunner

• Mr Gunner
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 11, 2010, 06:44:55 PM »
YUH CYAR POLISH SHIT

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 11, 2010, 06:45:12 PM »

Someone posted that they believe that's Burrell's plan (can't remember who it was) & I am inclined to believe them!
Btw are you Captain Burrell and can you predict the future?
I also heard from some Jamaicans that you'll have now discovered oil in Jamaica and will soon be swimming in even more money than us Trinis so you may not be that broke for long unless you allow the USA to steal all the oil and still leave you broke!  8)

Any Jamaican who think that Theodore Whitmore can qualify Jamaica for a world cup finals and have them winning games is being delusional. Whitmore himself will be the first to tell you that he cant do this thing by himself.

Burrell will bring in a foreign coach 6 months before qualifiers start, Whitmore will be his assistant.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 11, 2010, 06:45:35 PM »

De current crop eh able.

i refuse to believe our players that bad
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #292 on: August 11, 2010, 06:48:22 PM »
allyuh missing de obvious..latas real smart...his strategy is to underpromise and over deliver...hence he said he has nothing to prove, then get licks from JA at home then we will beat them in the digicel and surprise everybody... ;D

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 11, 2010, 06:48:59 PM »
team selection is  @#!*%  poor

De current crop eh able.

How yuh mean from the looks of the under 20s?

We have players capable of replacing Akilie Edwards and the rest of the CONSTANT underachievers. But we not keeping them in the bnational setup. The question is why Akilie in this position when we have players like James, Cyrus, Adams etc. Even if they are not up to scratch, surely we try to bring them there and discard older players like Akilie and Makan who have FAILED us over and over.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Red Mango

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 11, 2010, 06:49:17 PM »

De current crop eh able.

but Palos, if we have men playing outside, and we have men playing locally, who want to be playing outside, then something wrong wid de system, because as much as we population small, it have real men wid real skills and football sense... how come we CYAH find dem and assemble ah 16/23 to do de business...

is 3 we colleck tonight and one was a penalty... dat screams at me that we cannot attack, nor defend, something hadda give, and dat means digging deep and finding a suitably qualified coach...

Even if it means, looking back to the past, when we were more successful... if we continue on this road breds, is real pain fuh we...

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 11, 2010, 06:51:55 PM »
allyuh missing de obvious..latas real smart...his strategy is to underpromise and over deliver...hence he said he has nothing to prove, then get licks from JA at home then we will beat them in the digicel and surprise everybody... ;D

ah boy

Offline Red Mango

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 11, 2010, 06:53:14 PM »

Always look on the bright side of life...  ;D

but it real serious breds... real serious... eh, tings hadda change and heads hadda roll... It go only sink een when dem fellas wake up tomorrow and realise, is 3 dey colleck...

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 11, 2010, 06:55:54 PM »

Someone posted that they believe that's Burrell's plan (can't remember who it was) & I am inclined to believe them!
Btw are you Captain Burrell and can you predict the future?
I also heard from some Jamaicans that you'll have now discovered oil in Jamaica and will soon be swimming in even more money than us Trinis so you may not be that broke for long unless you allow the USA to steal all the oil and still leave you broke!  8)

Any Jamaican who think that Theodore Whitmore can qualify Jamaica for a world cup finals and have them winning games is being delusional. Whitmore himself will be the first to tell you that he cant do this thing by himself.

Burrell will bring in a foreign coach 6 months before qualifiers start, Whitmore will be his assistant.

Thank you RF & I will 100% support your team as 100% more serious about qualifying for Brazil than us if you do just that as it makes perfect sense!  :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 07:05:27 PM by Socapro »

Online Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 11, 2010, 06:58:20 PM »
Is only a practice match. Better lose today than in the Digicel.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 11, 2010, 06:58:29 PM »

Yuh no what that statement might not be to far off in reality....

1]; } ?>