March 28, 2024, 11:45:14 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Jamaica Game (11-Aug-2010).  (Read 50825 times)

Offline Red Mango

• because football, does bring we together...
  • Sr. Warrior
  • We Comin'... Bless up!...
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Jamaica Game (11-Aug-2010).
« Reply #300 on: August 11, 2010, 06:59:18 PM »

Someone posted that they believe that's Burrell's plan (can't remember who it was) & I am inclined to believe them!
Btw are you Captain Burrell and can you predict the future?
I also heard from some Jamaicans that you'll have now discovered oil in Jamaica and will soon be swimming in even more money than us Trinis so you may not be that broke for long unless you allow the USA to steal all the oil and still leave you broke!  8)

Any Jamaican who think that Theodore Whitmore can qualify Jamaica for a world cup finals and have them winning games is being delusional. Whitmore himself will be the first to tell you that he cant do this thing by himself.

Burrell will bring in a foreign coach 6 months before qualifiers start, Whitmore will be his assistant.

Thank you RF & I will 100% surrport your team as 100% more serious about qualifying for Brazil than us if you do just that as it makes perfect sense!  :thumbsup:

nah breds I cyah do dat... T&T Till I Die!!!! ( ah cyah talk fuh de chirren and dem...  ;D )
I wanted to bring a different style to the team, to play the Trinbagonian way. Everald "Gally" Cummings

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #301 on: August 11, 2010, 06:59:59 PM »
team selection is piss poor

Like nobody studyin de obvious

Yuh could only pick wha yuh have.

De current crop eh able.

And from de looks of de U20's....dem eh able neeedah

Some serious Guava we have to deal wit fuh a while to come.
I've started a fund to make the trip to Brazil in 2014. While I hope and pray by some miracle we make it the reality is most likely I will have to support Brazil in the next World Cup. Guava season is right.

I'm beginning to wonder if we can only produce a good team every 16 years (1990, 2006 .....) I hope not. Looking at New Zealand play in the last World Cup with a lot of guys from the lower leagues in England not world beaters but could do a lil ting. Right now we are not even on that level. Most of the pros are retiring or riding pine. That is a decent indicator of our level. How many players do we have playing regularly in competitive leagues out there.

Even so we could do a lot better with our preparation so that we have something decent to build on for 2018. The attitude as well needs to change. There was a decidedly lax approach to this match from the beginning, as if we were going to play Jamaica netball team or something.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 07:07:31 PM by Jah Gol »

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 11, 2010, 07:00:23 PM »
allyuh missing de obvious..latas real smart...his strategy is to underpromise and over deliver...hence he said he has nothing to prove, then get licks from JA at home then we will beat them in the digicel and surprise everybody... ;D
You either crazy or overly optimistic.

Do you realize that the only reason we sounded half decent is because of the hyperactive commentator?
TnT Patriot

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 11, 2010, 07:01:32 PM »
but Palos, if we have men playing outside, and we have men playing locally, who want to be playing outside, then something wrong wid de system, because as much as we population small, it have real men wid real skills and football sense... how come we CYAH find dem and assemble ah 16/23 to do de business...

is 3 we colleck tonight and one was a penalty... dat screams at me that we cannot attack, nor defend, something hadda give, and dat means digging deep and finding a suitably qualified coach...

Even if it means, looking back to the past, when we were more successful... if we continue on this road breds, is real pain fuh we...

This is not a coaching issue, both teams used coaches with almost similar background and experience, in fact, i'd say they have identical coaching experience, with Latapay perhaps having a little bit more due to the work he did at falkirk.

Maybe its not my place to say this, but the issue with football in the caribbean in general is that the talent pool is not very deep.
Yes, there is talent in the region, but you need more than 11 players to make a good football squad.

I dare say Whitmore at this current moment has more talent at his disposal...which is why we can select 6 players from the MLS, and still have another 5 or 6 there that werent invited...and still not even calling the players that play in England
and another 4 in Scandinavia.

When you think of it, Kenwyn Jones, Glenn and Chris Birchall are perhaps the only players that are actively playing at club level that werent playing today. All the other players that went to the world cup are past their best at this point.

that coupled with a Federation that lacks true leadership.

I mean its going ten years now you guys havent beaten jamaica. Jamaica might have chnaged its entire senior team 3 times in that period.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #304 on: August 11, 2010, 07:04:04 PM »
allyuh missing de obvious..latas real smart...his strategy is to underpromise and over deliver...hence he said he has nothing to prove, then get licks from JA at home then we will beat them in the digicel and surprise everybody... ;D

Do you realize that the only reason we sounded half decent is because of the hyperactive commentator?
;D is the sarcasm emoticon.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 11, 2010, 07:05:07 PM »

De current crop eh able.

I've started a fund to make the trip to Brazil in 2014. While I hope and pray by some miracle we make it the reality is most likely I will have to support Brazil in the next World Cup. Guava season is right.

I'm beginning to wonder if we can only produce a good team every 16 years (1990, 2006 .....) I hope not. Looking at New Zealand play in the last World Cup with a lot of guys from the lower leagues in England not world beaters but could do a lil ting. Right now we are even on that level. Most of the pros are retiring or riding pine. That is a decent indicator of our level. How many players do we have playing regularly in competitive leagues out there.

Even so we could do a lot better with our preparation so that we have something decent to build on for 2018. The attitude as well needs to change. There was a decidedly lax approach to this match from the beginning, as if we were going to play Jamaica netball team or something.

we need good agents
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 11, 2010, 07:07:47 PM »

De current crop eh able.

Palos that's why I appreciate and respect what you say,you obviously get it but the rest of these people don't (the local players no good and ah doh care who vex,ah calling ah spade ah spade only dead horses emerging)....  

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 11, 2010, 07:11:14 PM »

Thanks bredda!!!....LOL...I ain't that savvy.
TnT Patriot

Offline Red Mango

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 11, 2010, 07:11:33 PM »
but Palos, if we have men playing outside, and we have men playing locally, who want to be playing outside, then something wrong wid de system, because as much as we population small, it have real men wid real skills and football sense... how come we CYAH find dem and assemble ah 16/23 to do de business...

is 3 we colleck tonight and one was a penalty... dat screams at me that we cannot attack, nor defend, something hadda give, and dat means digging deep and finding a suitably qualified coach...

Even if it means, looking back to the past, when we were more successful... if we continue on this road breds, is real pain fuh we...

This is not a coaching issue, both teams used coaches with almost similar background and experience, in fact, i'd say they have identical coaching experience, with Latapay perhaps having a little bit more due to the work he did at falkirk.

Maybe its not my place to say this, but the issue with football in the caribbean in general is that the talent pool is not very deep.
Yes, there is talent in the region, but you need more than 11 players to make a good football squad.

I dare say Whitmore at this current moment has more talent at his disposal...which is why we can select 6 players from the MLS, and still have another 5 or 6 there that werent invited...and still not even calling the players that play in England

When you think of it, Kenwyn Jones, Glenn and Chris Birchall are perhaps the only players that are actively playing at club level that werent playing today. All the other players that went to the world cup are past their best at this point.

I mean its going ten years now you guys havent beaten jamaica. Jamaica might have chnaged its entire senior team 3 times in that period.

Maybe so, it may not be your place to say that  ;D but JA move so because of the coach(es).

Look, if the barometer of success is qualifying for the Confed, that means winning the GC, T&T eh doin dat now under Latas, right now in T&T Football, is ah case of paint on rotten wood, and dat real hard for me to say on a personal level, especially when we have a wealth of personas and resources who have connected to T&T Football in the past and have given us a competitive edge and spirit against all the odds...

What happens from here on in matters, because it affects the psyche of future generations to come, there is an old saying in the game that goes like this: Winning is a habit.

Unfortunately so is losing...

Pushing 4 past Antigua and Barbuda, does not mean that we should take JA any less lightly. The attitudes have to change. It's not what you feel on the inside that defines you you know, it's what you do for the world to see, and some of Latapy's statements pre game, surely had a bearing on the fellas performance tonight.

sometimes an easy approach CAN backfire...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 07:16:56 PM by bongonatti 11 »
I wanted to bring a different style to the team, to play the Trinbagonian way. Everald "Gally" Cummings

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 11, 2010, 07:12:50 PM »

You come up with that all by yourself......

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 11, 2010, 07:13:08 PM »

De current crop eh able.

Palos that's why I appreciate and respect what you say,you obviously get it but the rest of these people don't (the local players no good and ah doh care who vex,ah calling ah spade ah spade only dead horses emerging)....  
I wish I was home to witness this for myself because ah cyar believe it!
TnT Patriot

Offline nunu

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 11, 2010, 07:14:43 PM »
reggaefan i know u like to highlight captain achievement , if captain bring in a Coach 6 months b4 it will fail !
am not saying a foreign coach cant wirk ! but it got to be now ! and i hope the trinis lern too , no way a foreigner can operate a successful program in six months , look at nigeria , they fired amadu six months b4
a major tournament and the failed miserably at the wc , coaches need to know players and feel out things
look at honduras and rueda . Reggaefan u coming up short ! ???

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 11, 2010, 07:17:09 PM »
even if Latas did not want to call Jones and MLS players, he still had these players below to invite..

We missed Hyland in midfield today..

We missed Roberts upfront today

We missed Jloyd Samuel in defence today...

but no no we can win this with all local squad

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 11, 2010, 07:17:29 PM »

RF starting to sound a bit like Palos here but I have to admit he maybe onto something!
It may not be just a coaching issue after all!  ::)

Lets see, RF plan:
We just beat T&T 3 - 1 in T&T with Latas in charge!
I need to encourage them to keep Latas so we have less competition for qualifying for the Hex so I must do my best to encourage them to remove their focus from Latas and focus on their players/talent pool!
Nice try RF, you almost had me there, I would accept that argument from Palos but with you I have to raise my suspicion about the real agenda!

Now I know Palos is wrong as its 100% confirmation when RF starts pushing the same argument!  8)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 07:35:25 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 11, 2010, 07:19:24 PM »
reggaefan i know u like to highlight captain achievement , if captain bring in a Coach 6 months b4 it will fail !
am not saying a foreign coach cant wirk ! but it got to be now ! and i hope the trinis lern too , no way a foreigner can operate a successful program in six months , look at nigeria , they fired amadu six months b4
a major tournament and the failed miserably at the wc , coaches need to know players and feel out things
You seem to think Whitmore will be discared..Which is not the case. Whitmore will be around Jamaica football for a loooong time to come unless he doesnt want to be involved. I'll say it again, the cpatian will bring in somoeone with more experience than Whitmore when its world cup qualifying time, Its not a replacement of Whitmore, its bolstering the coaching staff. look at it as a two man coaching staff, or a TD, head-coach scenario. Any foreign coach will need a able-assistant that is Jamaican...Simoes and Brown formed an excellent partnership in Somoes first sting in ja

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: August 11, 2010, 07:20:09 PM »

LOL so you saying Jones, Birchall and Glen are the only three players that still play active that T&T can choose from ?..this is why people in here dont take you seriously

Offline Red Mango

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 11, 2010, 07:20:49 PM »
even if Latas did not want to call Jones and MLS players, he still had these players below to invite..

We missed Hyland in midfield today..

We missed Roberts upfront today

We missed Jloyd Samuel in defence today...

but no no we can win this with all local squad
:beermug: :beermug:

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #317 on: August 11, 2010, 07:22:12 PM »

I get ketch a few times. Doh study it.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 11, 2010, 07:23:26 PM »
LOL we gone to the dogs... yes this is a trashing on home turf.. really? 3-1??  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 11, 2010, 07:25:24 PM »

I get ketch a few times. Doh study it.

talkin bout..... wey d original master, long time arrow ent run ah fishin expedition
I pity the fool....

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 11, 2010, 07:25:41 PM »
Well ah take een the game in spurts.   Ah ketch the first 5 - 10 mins, then from the 30th min or so...then from about the 60 something minute then ah ketch the dying seconds.....and during that time ah gather that...

Akile/Aklie Edwards is still frustrating to watch.  Ah hear Makan Hislop on the field and almost crash mih car, Really Latapy, Makan Hislop??  ???.....ah ketch that Tinto on the bench and everybody in the stadium cyar understand why, ah ketch that when Tinto came on and a couple other changes were made the team looked much better.   Ah hear that the Jamaicans deserve the win, they looked more composed on the ball.....yada, yada, yada....

Hear nah, we ever play JA under Wim or Maturana??  What was the result??....oh and ah cyar wait for the Touches match report (Touches ah feel yuh should trademark yuh report, so that we have to type "The Touches Match Report (c)"  ;D)
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline nunu

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 11, 2010, 07:28:54 PM »
You seem to think Whitmore will be discared..Which is not the case. Whitmore will be around Jamaica football for a loooong time to come unless he doesnt want to be involved. I'll say it again, the cpatian will bring in somoeone with more experience than Whitmore when its world cup qualifying time, Its not a replacement of Whitmore, its bolstering the coaching staff. look at it as a two man coaching staff, or a TD, head-coach scenario. Any foreign coach will need a able-assistant that is Jamaican...Simoes and Brown formed an excellent partnership in Somoes first sting in ja

there is a possibility it might wirk ! but he must bring in someone modest , im must not bring in a big name
coach like Bora Mulitinovic that would place too much expectations on the program .

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 11, 2010, 07:37:01 PM »
Shithongs shithongs!!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :devil:
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 11, 2010, 07:37:49 PM »
well i now reach home from d game

place was ram. end up gettin a squeeze on d bleachers.

*sigh* one of d worst displays of football from d warriors. painful to watch at times. d crowd was quiet, but yuh couldnt blame we. totally uninspiring football.

we lack creativity. men not spreading d play, losing possession easy easy, no kinda pace, llaaaaaazzzzzyyyyy football. latapy only bring on tinto after d crowd start to bawl for him

men who pull stones: - keon daniel, no 16, kerry baptiste, jorsling, d entire defence

men who 'say something' : - carter (11), tinto, no. 18

dem fellas lack skill dread. not much a coach cud do wid dat kinda ingredients

we have RRREEEAAAALLLLLLLLL work to do
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: August 11, 2010, 07:39:11 PM »
Coaching! Coaching! Coaching! Coaching! Coaching! Coaching! Coaching! Coaching! Coaching! Coaching! Coaching! Coaching! Coaching! Coaching! Coaching! Coaching! Coaching! Coaching! Coaching! Coaching! Coaching! Coaching! Coaching! Coaching! Coaching! Coaching! Coaching! Coaching! Coaching! Coaching! Coaching! Coaching! Coaching!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: August 11, 2010, 07:41:45 PM »

there is a possibility it might wirk ! but he must bring in someone modest , im must not bring in a big name
coach like Bora Mulitinovic that would place too much expectations on the program .

Ah $hit!! Ah just realise that KJ make ah big mistake and should have held out for a better club yes!!
CaribMan is ah Stoke City supporter!!  :-[
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline nunu

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: August 11, 2010, 07:44:58 PM »

Ah $hit!! Ah just realise that KJ make ah big mistake and should have held out for a better club yes!!
CaribMan is ah Stoke City supporter!!  :-[

ah did'nt want im there either ,'knock him out Fuller !'

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: August 11, 2010, 07:47:40 PM »
well i now reach home from d game

place was ram. end up gettin a squeeze on d bleachers.

*sigh* one of d worst displays of football from d warriors. painful to watch at times. d crowd was quiet, but yuh couldnt blame we. totally uninspiring football.

Nah steups, it cyar be worst than losing to Bermuda back in 08.....

we lack creativity. men not spreading d play, losing possession easy easy, no kinda pace, llaaaaaazzzzzyyyyy football. latapy only bring on tinto after d crowd start to bawl for him

Aha, so the commentators were correct then....

men who pull stones: - keon daniel, no 16, kerry baptiste, jorsling, d entire defence

men who 'say something' : - carter (11), tinto, no. 18

dem fellas lack skill dread. not much a coach cud do wid dat kinda ingredients

we have RRREEEAAAALLLLLLLLL work to do
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #328 on: August 11, 2010, 07:52:27 PM »
Aklie Edwards will never be even a decent international player.
Neither will Hislop. Them men doesn't even shine in the Pro League.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: August 11, 2010, 07:55:59 PM »
congrats and well done to Tapa and Jamaica..yes.. I said it...

they deserved the win...they were better...faster...more aggressive... better structure... and had lots more pride and will to win....

so if i am to go with Latas pre game talk about seeing where we are...and where Jamaica are...well ...they are way ahead in preparations...they played with good shape... and good on the counter....
and this is not even close to a full strength jamaica.. and of course not a full strength tnt.. so even the depth is better....and it was there for all to see at the MLS.....

the 3 goals were all very sloppy... and Jamaica took advantage....i cant recalling seeing a national footballer look so out of depth as Makan Hislop today..at right back...and please dont say he played out of position....the last player i saw look so out of place was Dereck Phillips.... at times Hislop looked like he did not even know the sport...and allyuh know i dont lambaste players so....

anyhow...
Jan M williams...just have to keep going...i rather Marvin Phillips...but not sure if he starts for his club ( what club ??)

Makan Hislop (RB)....i actually thought of storming the field to slap him like a child...im serious
Akile Edwards... we have all seen enough...he not good.. out of 90 mins.. he may give you a 5 min looking like he is  ok...is time to get Akeem Adams in there for an extended run
Keston Williams....saw his last 2 matches... i dont rate him....
Carlyle Mitchell... good debut...aggressive... and good with the ball... would like to see more...at this level...
Daniel Cyrus ( sub)... looked miles better than the rest...Cyrus and Primus...should be the 2 local based CB...

Trent Noel... i like this player...and he is a good friend of mine... but trent starting to look his age...at this level...and  may be better in a 3 man midfield
Haughton Hector....The class player of the night... and i watching him since last year...I rate this player.... i like him in the middle also... so we have to keep working with him....very smart footballer....and great last name
Kevon carter... good right side option...pace for days...should be part of the mix for a while
keon daniel....started slow...but got in and did some good stuff... its the same love/hate thing with him....thought tonight he would have been given a chance in the middle....

Kerry Baptiste.... seems like  a loss of form... maybe mental...and his role may be a bit different in the national team... but very useful
Devon Jorsling... very very left footed...this man have some things to work with....

other subs

Maracano...watching him for years...good work rate..tricky.. but makes some bad decisions...
Jaggy... need to see more at this level..he started on the left...looking good... but switched to the right..and found it tougher...but good attitude and work rate...
Jamerson... i dont rate this player... never did...
Tinto... bag of tricks... impact player... what you see is what you get ( Like Hislop)

sorry Tulla Guerra did not play tonight.. I rate him...

now i know it have real Bleeder haters here... but show me a better central midfielder in tnt  ??..show me...missed tonight.. laugh if yuh want..and with the outside options of Hyland and Birchall.. well bleeder in the mix...

just thought i would share my thoughts on the players...respect
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

1]; } ?>