March 28, 2024, 04:35:37 PM

Author Topic: Happy Days! Football won yesterday  (Read 14733 times)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Re: Happy Days! Football won yesterday
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2010, 08:47:21 AM »
come on, for most of dey games they kept ah holdin pattern and systematically test the opponents walls for weakness.................intelligent?............mostly definitely!, adventurous ?................hardly!, exciting?...........sporadically at best.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 08:51:00 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2010, 08:51:44 AM »
consider that maybe.... just maybe, spain's inability to play enough through balls is a testament to the strength and organization of the Paraguayan, German and Dutch defences?!

allyuh need to understand that in football today, tactics is king over substance. It have no split open defence, beats and thru ball thing again, a team obeying a correct system with team defence will stifle anybody. New Zealand couldn't get bore and even Trinidad in 2006 showed this to be true.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2010, 08:54:02 AM »
Every team that plays against Spain plays very defensively and for good reason. Spain is just like Barcelona, they know that they have to pick a lock for every game. You can't pick that lock with aimless long balls and hail mary shots. I think they could have been more clinical in front the goal. But you have to admire the confidence they have that they can create more opportunities to score than any opponent. This is where we saw a level of complacency from them. David Villa could easily have double his tally if he was more accurate.

I was thoroughly entertained by Spain's play. Jook it until it buss is the name of the game. That's what they did and thats why they're are champions of the whole world.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 09:27:32 AM by Jah Gol »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2010, 09:20:21 AM »
notice I said tested, and they never did really manage ah "breach" as much as d other side dropped a grenade in dey own bunker so to speak..............brilliant psychological warfare,  tsung tzu would be proud.......but also well rested ;D
I pity the fool....

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2010, 09:23:51 AM »
notice I said tested, and they never did really manage ah "breach" as much as d other side dropped a grenade in dey own bunker so to speak..............brilliant psychological warfare,  tsung tzu would be proud.......but also well rested ;D

So Puyol goal and Iniesta goal were examples of the other side droppin a grenade in dem own bunkers rather than Spain breachin dey defence?  ??? ::)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2010, 09:44:26 AM »

So Puyol goal and Iniesta goal were examples of the other side droppin a grenade in dem own bunkers rather than Spain breachin dey defence?  ??? ::)
puyol not so much, but iniesta in a sense yes, holland was dey own worst enemy for much of that game.....u seself ::)
I pity the fool....

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2010, 09:46:45 AM »

puyol not so much, but iniesta in a sense yes, holland was dey own worst enemy for much of that game.....u seself ::)

So in your opinion....holland beat deyself.

Is nutting dat spain do dat cause Holland to resort to thuggery to try and win de game.

Dem alone had goalscoring opportunities....and if dey did play "better"....dey woulda win de game.  It was a dutch back pass dat cause Iniesta to plant de ball in de back a de dutch net.  Ent?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2010, 10:24:32 AM »

So in your opinion....holland beat deyself.
not in d sense dat u tryin to make out but yes

Is nutting dat spain do dat cause Holland to resort to thuggery to try and win de game.
it seemed to me dat d thuggery was ah common theme in d dutch play almost from d start....... but then I was in and out (sleepin) at times in the first half.

Dem alone had goalscoring opportunities....and if dey did play "better"....dey woulda win de game.  It was a dutch back pass dat cause Iniesta to plant de ball in de back a de dutch net.  Ent?
 ??? doh know where yuh tryin to go wit diss, but dat drop d grenade statement wasn't intended mean spain didn't do nothing atall, as much as what they did caused a bit of suicide that lead to openings they got. would make good reading in a military journal, <sarcasm>an explosive game of chess</sarcasm> but a fairly uneventful game of football.

but dais jus me, I watch dat game as a neutral
I pity the fool....

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2010, 10:59:30 AM »
Spain's game is patient and calculated- some people enjoy it, some don't. 

Depending on the opposition and how the chemistries work on a given day it could be fun to watch, or it could lull you to sleep...

Their results cannot be disputed though.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2010, 11:14:39 AM »

Depending on the opposition and how the chemistries work

on a given day it could be fun to watch
saw bits of dat david Villa goal where he ripped the defense new assholes before slammin d ball into net ....forget who they played though

, or it could lull you to sleep...
got alot of dat

true, true :beermug:
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 11:40:15 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2010, 11:35:29 AM »

Depending on the opposition and how the chemistries work on a given day it could be fun to watch, or it could lull you to sleep...

Exactly bredda, some people enjoy watching paint dry and some prefer to splash dey wall wile with vibrant colours and watch de drips race dong de wall
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2010, 12:06:02 PM »

nice way to put it
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2010, 01:06:39 PM »
That wound real deep boy - doh worry the next WC in allyuh home.

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2010, 08:27:34 PM »

Way, look wha things come to! Men crying down a team for actually trying to play good football

Men really getting chain up with this negative brand these days in the name of tactics, boy?
Guess I mistook all Trinis for football romantics.

Forgive meh eh, but counter-attacking 'tactics' is cheap, shit football

« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 08:41:25 PM by richpy »
Ketch footballitis

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2010, 07:10:15 AM »

Way, look wha things come to! Men crying down a team for actually trying to play good football

Men really getting chain up with this negative brand these days in the name of tactics, boy?
Guess I mistook all Trinis for football romantics.

Forgive meh eh, but counter-attacking 'tactics' is cheap, shit football

So wait, when ever a side win the ball in their own half, they should wait for the other team to run back in their box and then launch an attack? or else is branded cheap shit?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 15, 2010, 07:25:43 AM »
this exchange on the style of play is not dissimilar to NHL ice hockey and Olympic Style ice hockey - thuggery versus clean skating and passing.  Some like the former and some like the latter.

Personally I prefer Spain kind of play, superb ball handling skills and teamwork.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 15, 2010, 09:13:48 AM »
"good football" is not always entertaining.

"bad football" is not always boring.

Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

1]; } ?>