April 19, 2024, 05:44:45 AM

Author Topic: Bob Bradley being considered as next Fulham manager  (Read 5511 times)

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Bob Bradley being considered as next Fulham manager
« on: July 14, 2010, 01:32:31 PM »
Now Bob Bradley linked to Fulham job

Fulham have yet to hold formal discussions with any of the three managers that the media have reported as The Cottagers shortlist - and USA boss Bob Bradley is now said to have joined the running.

Bradley has emerged as the front-runner after Hodgson's move to the Liverpool hotseat.

Bradley earns £330,000 a year as US coach and has just five months of his current contract to run.

(continue)
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Bob Bradley being considered as next Fulham manager
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 01:43:28 PM »
Very good choice, hope he gets through.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 02:18:17 PM »
I think both parties would suit each other. Fulham's chairman backs his managers.

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 12:19:51 PM »
An american coaching an EPL team? Ill believe when I see it. The british public are very dismissive about anything to do with american soccer.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 01:26:34 PM »
An american coaching an EPL team? Ill believe when I see it. The british public are very dismissive about anything to do with american soccer.
Yuh eh lying. dem brits doh rate american football et all, but i feel bradley could work his way into their hearts, after all, the fella is ah genius.

PS: what's up old friend, long time.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 01:29:01 PM »
There's a first time for everything ... American owners, American players, American fans ... an American coach.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 01:38:23 PM »
Can't wait for the day when an american take over at liverpool or Man u.

With american owners it should happen, but it might cause Mutiny.

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2010, 02:03:55 PM »
Bradley easily the best Coach in our region.

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2010, 03:25:31 PM »
Yuh eh lying. dem brits doh rate american football et all, but i feel bradley could work his way into their hearts, after all, the fella is ah genius.

I just cool, Just cool (pardon de pun). What about you?

I dont know much about Bradley, but what make him a genius? What team did he coach before he was the national team coach?

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2010, 03:32:21 PM »
Probably the only side in the EPL that Bradley could fit in as a coach is Fulham...

Dem real into the whole logistics, fitness methods, athleticism and training regimes kinda scene that Americans into. Remember they were the first ones to start putting exercise bikes on the side of the field to have the subs warm throughout the game. On top of that they have a small core of American players there and have been favorable to those types of players.

would be interesting.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2010, 05:09:54 PM »
What has Bradely done or brought to the US national team that wasn't already there? I asking cause I doh pay much attention to them. They've been getting the same results the past number of years and their youth program seems to be somewhat the same as it was for the past 10 years. Did the league not contribute to the domination that the US now have in the region?

What makes him EPL material?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2010, 05:28:41 PM »
SkySports reportin dat Fulham say both Bradley and Ericsson out de runnin fuh de post and de man dey want is Martin Jol

Hard lux dey zeppo.  All yuh air deflate dey.....but maybe Landon Donavon might go Real Madrid in trute... :devil: :rotfl:

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2010, 06:34:04 PM »

I just cool, Just cool (pardon de pun). What about you?

I dont know much about Bradley, but what make him a genius? What team did he coach before he was the national team coach?
this is just MO so go easy on meh. for the last 4yrs wid bradley @ the helm the U.S. went through an amazing transformation from defence tuh attacking. under arena and the other coaches they had in the past, the team performed less than convincing and struggled in international competition.

Bradley created great defensive solutions tuh the U.S. defence. oneywo who was once ah foul box turned into ah solid defender who caught the eye of many top clubs, so was carlos bocanegra, landon donovan also benefited from bradley's expertise and became ah prized offensive midfielder who once bummed in the bundesliga.

the ppl who can't look @ bradley's record and see that the man actually know how tuh coach and is damn good @ it, should leff football alone and pick another sport tuh follow.

i will go as far to say, he's not only ah top coach and tactician , but he has also beaten some of the best teams in the world and if given ah top four team to coach he would more than likely bring home some silver ware.

any one who have the balls tuh say bradley ain't shyte, most likely suffering from sourgrape mellitus, or is unaware of bradley's record over the past four yrs..

Offline NUFF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 15, 2010, 08:59:42 PM »
Is funny how Bob Bradley is suddenly this great coach when a little more than a year ago he was on de verge of being fired.  Remember what happened to de US in de gold cup final?  What happened to de US in copa america?  What was happening to de US in de confederations cup before they went on that hot streak?

Bob Bradley is by no means an EPL coach in my opinion.  He has not done anything that Bruce Arena did not do.

His list of accomplishments does not come close to Arena's.  Does anyone thing Bruce Arena is an EPL calibre coach?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2010, 09:31:51 PM »
Is funny how Bob Bradley is suddenly this great coach when a little more than a year ago he was on de verge of being fired.  Remember what happened to de US in de gold cup final?  What happened to de US in copa america?  What was happening to de US in de confederations cup before they went on that hot streak?

Bob Bradley is by no means an EPL coach in my opinion.  He has not done anything that Bruce Arena did not do.

His list of accomplishments does not come close to Arena's.  Does anyone thing Bruce Arena is an EPL calibre coach?

Agree with everything but the bolded... the Confed Cup result is arguably the US' best international showing to date.

Offline makaveli

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2010, 09:41:10 PM »
Bradley easily the best Coach in our region.

better than Latas? ;D

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2010, 07:11:24 AM »

First to begin, how many of that particular US Gold Cup squad played in South Africa? That team that made it to the GC final was practically a C team. And yet they made it to the final.

It is not right to cry down Bradley simply because he is American and yes that is exactly what people like yourself are doing. No one knows how Bradley will do in the EPL. he did well with USA, but as others have said, its not hard to dominate CONCACAF when you are USA. Lets remember Carlos Perriera, Bora, Carlos Queiroz big name coaches of pedigree, all failed miserably as coaches in MLS (New York).

Bradley may do very well with a support staff and the proper structure of the EPL. So many coaches failed badly and yet some come again to do well in EP., Keane, Bruce, Hoddle, Durie, Santini, Ramos, Gross come to mind. It is the way of football , surely he can do no worst. If he does get a chance, I for one applaud and wish him well.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2010, 08:16:24 AM »
Bob Bradley his teams are always well prepared and his players believe in him but I don't think he has the tactical nous to manage in the EPL.  Bruce Arena or Sigi Schmid are better options I think..

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2010, 08:19:05 AM »
the Confed Cup result is arguably the US' best international showing to date.

Very arguable. WC 2002 quarterfinal under Bradley is not too shabby either...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2010, 08:20:58 AM »
I'll take Bob Bradley over Russell Latapy to coach T&T anyday.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2010, 09:28:54 AM »

Under Arena you mean.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2010, 09:51:31 AM »

Dare I say it?

Cosign, actually.....I'll use my own version

Ditto
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2010, 10:14:51 AM »
My point still is that Bradley could be the best coach since slice bread, the fact that he is american WILL be held against him by the powers that be in British football. Paticularly in the EPL. He might be fortunate and get a bligh in the lower leagues. Deep down they will be thinking (what the hell americans know about football- this isn't gridiron). Call it discrimination if you like. The fans in particular eh ready to make that quantum leap. Just my opinion.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2010, 12:40:02 PM »
 Bradley is by no means an EPL coach in my opinion.  He has not done anything that Bruce Arena did not do.

First to begin, how many of that particular US Gold Cup squad played in South Africa? That team that made it to the GC final was practically a C team. And yet they made it to the final.

It is not right to cry down Bradley simply because he is American and yes that is exactly what people like yourself are doing. No one knows how Bradley will do in the EPL. he did well with USA, but as others have said, its not hard to dominate CONCACAF when you are USA. Lets remember Carlos Perriera, Bora, Carlos Queiroz big name coaches of pedigree, all failed miserably as coaches in MLS (New York).

Bradley may do very well with a support staff and the proper structure of the EPL. So many coaches failed badly and yet some come again to do well in EP., Keane, Bruce, Hoddle, Durie, Santini, Ramos, Gross come to mind. It is the way of football , surely he can do no worst. If he does get a chance, I for one applaud and wish him well.

Frig DAT! I want de current Canadian Coach tuh get ah big wuk in H'england too. If anybody have links tuh him...... tell 'im fyah dah wuk and go make some lbs. At least he could be the fuss Trini tuh Coach in de EPL.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2010, 02:16:12 PM »
Howcome to date we haven't seeked out an American to coach us...We've tried everything else...Why not a yankee??

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2010, 03:10:31 PM »
Where do US coaches go after having guided their teams through WC play? This is one of the paths that remains unsettled in American soccer.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2010, 03:33:06 PM »
If true, then maybe he might sign Cornell Glen again as he did at the Red Bulls....  ;D
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2010, 03:53:34 PM »
I questioned his pedigree when the "interim" was removed from his title, but I would have to say that he seems to be a very shrewd tactician.  With the exception of the Ghana game, when he second-guessed himself and re-inserted Ricardo Clarke into the line-up for Maurice Edu, he was spot on tactically.  He has also ushered in a new generation of American players, many whom he promoted from their U 23 core from about three years ago.  He apparently studies elite coaches, and seems to be a real student of coaching.  Why all the anti-Americanism against US Soccer?  I think it is because deep down they are making the strides that we believe Trinidad should be making, and with probably less natural talent than us.  Goes to show that this game is much more than natural talent.  The fact that he is even being shortlisted for a team in an elite football league, says a lot about the man, as well as the tremendous stride and respect that American soccer has gained outside of the Concacaf region.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2010, 04:05:08 PM »
Yeah but where is the proof that we have the talent to be making the strides that America is making..The majority of our players are rarely tested, so we can't really say that they talented or even gifted...For every Yorke or Latapy, I'm sure we could name about 15 US players who have reached those heights..With the exception of Dwight, we really don't have a name or face out there...!!

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2010, 10:34:45 PM »

Under Arena you mean... a good argument could certainly be made, when you consider the results against Portugal and the host South Korea team, followed by the victory over Mexico in the knock-out stage... and throw in a good showing against Germany to boot.

However, when you consider how poorly the team performed in Group play in South Africa last summer, and how needing every victory, how they rebounded to make the final by beating African champions, Egypt... a Spanish team that was ranked, what... #1? In the world at the time.  Followed up by dominating Brazil and putting a lasting scare into them for the first half... before being undone midway thru the second half.  Despite the 2002 stage and the progress far into the elimination games in that prestigious tournament, I'd still say they showed great character in overcoming the early setbacks, followed by great ability to get the result that they did against quality opponents at the Confed Cup.

Still class Arena ahead of him though.

1]; } ?>