April 23, 2024, 08:33:34 AM

Author Topic: Marlon King questioned about alleged assault on woman  (Read 17099 times)

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
Re: Marlon King questioned about alleged assault on woman
« Reply #90 on: November 02, 2009, 02:51:00 PM »
I eh so sure about that nah JDB.

King is a striker.  He DOES score goals and if he's fit, criminal record, black man or not...decent strikers are ALWAYS in demand.  He'll be 32 is true...but by no means unsalvageable.  Man....how old is Stern and he playin at Championship Level.

Proven goalscorers...and King is one IMO....are a desired commodity.  The odds are against him is true...but I won't write him off just yet.  It have some pretty desperate managers and clubs out dey.  All de talk Wigan have now....yuh feel if dey was in a relegation battle in 2 years time they wouldn't AT LEAST consider it?

King is not a proven goalscorer at premiership level though...not even close. In his prime he struggle to score oals fo Watford, Hull and Boro in the premiership. Two of themsides went down, the next one might have gone down if they kept him whole season. Like I said Championship is a possibility but League One much more likely.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 02, 2009, 10:44:00 PM »
I mean moral right, rather than legal right, and you questioned it here:

So... as I said, he deserves the punishment he gets here, but the British media only doing what that tabloid-dominated industry good for doing... piling on unnecessarily.

Dred you cyah be serious  ???

I said what they doing is "unnecessarily"... whey de france you getting this moral/legal right talk from?  Newspapers in the business of selling papers... the more credible ones with report the news without bias or slant.  Fleet Street rags like the Mirror tend towards the more salacious and sensationalist stories... you live there so I know you doh need me to spell that out for you. 

Discussing stuff like his juvenile record and theft conviction fits that purpose... doesn't at all inform the question of violence, just says he's an overall bad actor, sensationalize the incident.  The Mirror will print stories of alien impregnations if it will help sell papers.... moral or legal right have no place in the discussion, so I'm not even sure where you read that into my statements.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 10:45:36 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 03, 2009, 12:44:26 AM »
I mean moral right, rather than legal right, and you questioned it here:

So... as I said, he deserves the punishment he gets here, but the British media only doing what that tabloid-dominated industry good for doing... piling on unnecessarily.

Dred you cyah be serious  ???

I said what they doing is "unnecessarily"... whey de france you getting this moral/legal right talk from?  Newspapers in the business of selling papers... the more credible ones with report the news without bias or slant.  Fleet Street rags like the Mirror tend towards the more salacious and sensationalist stories... you live there so I know you doh need me to spell that out for you. 

Discussing stuff like his juvenile record and theft conviction fits that purpose... doesn't at all inform the question of violence, just says he's an overall bad actor, sensationalize the incident.  The Mirror will print stories of alien impregnations if it will help sell papers.... moral or legal right have no place in the discussion, so I'm not even sure where you read that into my statements.

lol, this thread is amusing
When you said the papers were "piling on unnecessarily" you were giving an opinion, presumably based on morality, because there is no basis in law, which you've explained quite clearly. If I've jumped to the wrong conclusion, please explain what your opinion is based on.

If its based on your dislike for the tabloids - the story I quoted was from The Times, the story JDB quoted was from the Guardian, neither are tabloids. This story was widely reported in all newspapers. Alien impregnations et al are irrelevant.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 03, 2009, 12:51:48 AM »
lol, this thread is amusing
When you said the papers were "piling on unnecessarily" you were giving an opinion, presumably based on morality, because there is no basis in law, which you've explained quite clearly. If I've jumped to the wrong conclusion, please explain what your opinion is based on.

If its based on your dislike for the tabloids - the story I quoted was from The Times, the story JDB quoted was from the Guardian, neither are tabloids. This story was widely reported in all newspapers. Alien impregnations et al are irrelevant.

Therein lies your problem... you presume too much instead of reading for simple comprehension.  You read a simple sentence like the "papers piling on unnecessarily" and presume that to be a moral judgment?  There's nothing further for me to explain that hasn't already been explained... any further explanation likely will be lost on you.  At this point let's agree to disagree and move on  :beermug:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
New start for King
« Reply #94 on: July 31, 2010, 06:59:47 AM »
New start for King
Wigan Today

LATICS chairman Dave Whelan says he has forgiven disgraced former striker Marlon King.

The tycoon spoke out as the 30-year-old was released from jail after serving time for sexually assaulting a woman in a London club.

Previously Mr Whelan had said that King should never play football professionally again. But while his tone was more conciliatory today, he nonetheless said there was no way back to the DW Stadium for his former charge.

King received an 18-month sentence at Southwark Crown Court last October after a jury heard he groped and punched a 20-year-old woman while out celebrating his wife’s latest pregnancy at the Soho Revue Bar. His victim, who jurors heard had “repeatedly cold-shouldered” the footballer, was left with a broken nose.

King, who was on loan from Wigan to Hull City at the time, was found guilty of sexual assault and causing actual bodily harm.

His agent Tony Finnigan has vowed to find him a new club. But it won’t be in Wigan.

Mr Whelan said: “He’s served his sentence, I’m sure he’s learned a lot and I forgive him.

“I was very upset at the time because we had paid £3m for him and my complaint was I think all players should have a passport of their health, their injuries and also if they’s got a criminal record.

“But I really think you’ve got to forgive people because we all make mistakes and if he can get back into the game, good luck to him. But there is no chance of him coming back to Wigan.”

Mr Whelan admitted the fact that a chance for King to restart his footballing career reflects badly on the sport as a whole.

He said: “It doesn’t say a lot for football in general, especially professional football. If he gets a club to sign him I would say good luck to him and good luck to the club but we would never entertain signing Marlon again.”
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>