March 28, 2024, 01:28:19 PM

Author Topic: £221,000 a week?  (Read 7197 times)

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: £221,000 a week?
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2010, 10:25:58 AM »
Wow! Yaya could buy plenty ting in de Ivory Coast!

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2010, 04:43:11 PM »
Wow! Yaya could buy plenty ting in de Ivory Coast!

With that kind of money he could probably buy the Ivory Coast.

Offline dumpalewie

• Lewie
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2010, 05:58:40 PM »
...No shrewd businessman overpays for anything and they are way overpaying for the value they are getting in return.

Many shrewd businessmen routinely "overpay" for potential and Mansour is essentially in the position of a venture capitalist where City is concerned.
There is value in potential.

My point is that including potential, they are overpaying for Toure just as the overpaid for Lescott. Venture Capitalist or not, I think it is a stupid business decision. I don't think Mansour is actually approaching this as a business but rather as a plaything. That's the only way to justify so many bad financial decisions.
TnT Patriot

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2010, 11:41:02 AM »
221,000 pounds a week? Well it get crazy now!

Because ah de tax man...ah sure if de tax man wasn't gettin 50% his wages wouldnt be anywhere near 221,000 lol i en blame yaya nah but i cud see dis causin a problem wid de self proclaim "world's best league" dat 50% is jes madd
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2010, 05:47:27 PM »
now City's targeting Landy

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2010, 10:11:00 PM »
Wait so dat mean KJ only getting £25,000 a week. He's a poor man in d prem

Offline Conquering Lion

• Tell me how can a man who doh know his roots form his own ideology?
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2010, 08:36:39 PM »
...No shrewd businessman overpays for anything and they are way overpaying for the value they are getting in return.

Many shrewd businessmen routinely "overpay" for potential and Mansour is essentially in the position of a venture capitalist where City is concerned.

They will overpay for potential if it is not their own personal money spending...........
We fire de old set ah managers we had wukkin..and iz ah new group we went and we bring in. And if the goods we require de new managers not supplying, when election time come back round iz new ones we bringin. For iz one ting about my people I can guarantee..They will never ever vote party b4 country

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2010, 09:53:23 PM »
They will overpay for potential if it is not their own personal money spending...........

That's nonsense... reality proves otherwise.

There is value in potential.

My point is that including potential, they are overpaying for Toure just as the overpaid for Lescott. Venture Capitalist or not, I think it is a stupid business decision. I don't think Mansour is actually approaching this as a business but rather as a plaything. That's the only way to justify so many bad financial decisions.

Potential very often has fleeting value since it's such a difficult quality to quantify... the very reason they end up overpaying for it is because inherent to the nature of untested/unproven ability, is the fact that one cannot efficiently and accurately asses its value.

In the final analysis the potential may fail to pan out and it may in hindsight in fact turn out to be "a stupid business decision", but this is the nature of the beast... house and car easy to value, human potential, not so much.  You may be right that Mansour is approaching this as a plaything, but so too do many of the über-rich venture capitalists approach their pet projects.

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Man City's Biggest Signing Yet
« Reply #38 on: July 30, 2010, 10:34:41 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/QmnSR0LwiS8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/QmnSR0LwiS8</a>

Offline gothic

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Man City's Biggest Signing Yet
« Reply #39 on: July 30, 2010, 10:54:10 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: real creative

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Man City's Biggest Signing Yet
« Reply #40 on: July 31, 2010, 12:25:37 AM »
 :rotfl: :wavetowel:  I love football!!