April 28, 2024, 08:28:56 AM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Antigua Game (21-July-2010)  (Read 12432 times)

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Antigua Game (21-July-2010)
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2010, 04:13:59 PM »
Well palos,I have to take your explanation which is articulate and appears factual,some of the facts I am not aware of but when I saw him I thought what a good player,I even felt better when I saw Aurtis Whitley.Seems as though all our talented players have attitude problems,what a shame.I have to say though that managers should take some blame for allowing such talented players to take the wrong road.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2010, 05:04:30 PM »
Well palos,I have to take your explanation which is articulate and appears factual,some of the facts I am not aware of but when I saw him I thought what a good player,I even felt better when I saw Aurtis Whitley.Seems as though all our talented players have attitude problems,what a shame.I have to say though that managers should take some blame for allowing such talented players to take the wrong road.

Frico,
        I could not have explained Denzil resume as articulate as Palos. but his is right on time. I don't know them players personally because I in foreign. I am most disappointed in Denzil because he was given the mantle to replace Latas as the future playmaker for TT. Against weaker teams he is fine, but the games against US, Mex, CR, Guat, El Sal, Hond. were all disappointing. Like I said, I in DC. So I don't know why all the potential players have attitude problems. Maybe deep down is some kind of rebellion or defensive mechanism against the TTFF. They don't trust the people that they have to work for. They have no other choice but to conform to futher their career. They have to humble and/or arse-lick to the TTFF who can ditch them just so. I honestly feel the footballers home have a feeling of hopelessness. But is the love of the game and potentially with luck a contract overseas keeping them in the game. Right now the TTFF is a slave mansion run by Jack and his cabal.  them players are slaves who can't  voice their greviances or be branded as ungrateful and or greedy.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2010, 05:08:01 PM »
Chups.....

ah doin dat too eh. but ah go still take een d game.  :-[

Good for you girl.  Wake me when its over.....

Yuh go wake up 4 JA.

uuuuuummm actually no.....I going into a self-imposed slumber until we football sort it self out.....I goh be in Brazil with or without dem fellas.  I goh take the $40 and put it in mih Brazil fund....

We dey right now d problem was  money dat eh go happen again. U eh c octopus Jack say we goin Brazil. I could relate gyul dat is how I was b4 d sw.net and d WNN. Now I have 2 go 4 d lime wit d WN peeps if nutten else.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2010, 05:20:23 PM »
I am most disappointed in Denzil because he was given the mantle to replace Latas as the future playmaker for TT. Against weaker teams he is fine, but the games against US, Mex, CR, Guat, El Sal, Hond. were all disappointing. Like I said, I in DC. So I don't know why all the potential players have attitude problems. Maybe deep down is some kind of rebellion or defensive mechanism against the TTFF. They don't trust the people that they have to work for. They have no other choice but to conform to futher their career. They have to humble and/or arse-lick to the TTFF who can ditch them just so. I honestly feel the footballers home have a feeling of hopelessness. But is the love of the game and potentially with luck a contract overseas keeping them in the game. Right now the TTFF is a slave mansion run by Jack and his cabal.  them players are slaves who can't  voice their greviances or be branded as ungrateful and or greedy.

I doh know if is anyting to do with the TTFF nah Deeks.

If yuh have any 100 talented players anywhere in the world....yuh lucky if 2 make it to the professional leagues.

Is a lot of factors that go into making a professional footballer:

LUCK
ATTITUDE/DISCIPLINE
TALENT

and a whole heap of others....but I thinkin those 3 are the main ingredients.

There are arguably more talented players than Dwight Yorke....so what made him successful?

Why is Latapy for all his talent relatively less successful than Yorke?

Talent is a dime a dozen.  You can find talented footballers on every street corner in every part of the planet.  You cannot make it if you don't have the talent.

But talent alone is not enough.  Not by a long shot.  TTFF is a bad federation, but is by no means the worst...yet players emerge from those Federations.

T&T had a period where a lot of our footballers....got some breaks and did relatively well which paved the way for other talented footballers from our country. 

Yorke, Latapy, Shaka and to a lesser Nakhid & Stern were anomalies.  They all came along around the same time.  We have some serious guava season to endure until footballers of that calibre or better will emerge in the future.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2010, 09:18:31 PM »
Palos,
         i think we got spoiled by the players from the 60's who made it as pros in the US and with dwight and Latas in Euro. Licnoln, Archie, grell, Gamaldo, Brown, etc came when the demand for players were great. the US was building their league. West Indians , some African and 3rd string Latins filled the void. Lots of WIs made it because they were cheap. When Pele came, then all the Euro and S. American retirees started coming and the WIs were pushed to the wayside. 30 years laters the US has surpassed the WIs and they no longer need us as much as in the past.

The same can be said of Dwight, Latas, Leonson, David. They entered Euro. at the time when the market was opening to more foreigners. They were skillful and were determined to make it. And they were succesfull. But then all the Eastern Euros started coming in, we get pushed to the wayside again. TT players have to be extraordinary to make it.  Since Dwight, with the exception of KJ, We have yet to have a dominant and successful player in the PFL. We have no big name player on the continent. I feel the atmosphere at home is stiffling creativity. When trained properly we could ran, jump and kick as good as anybody. But a player with creativity is the intangeable that comes once in a liftime.

I once saw a guy playing for Cadiz in Spain. This guy was the best dribbler on the field. Come to find out the guy was from El Salvador. his name was magico Gonzales. El Sal. is yet to produce a player like him since. nOt only TT has that problem.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 09:26:15 PM by Deeks »

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2010, 01:42:11 PM »
DEEKS,
Thanks for that,as I have also thanked palos for his explanation,your info has given an added dimension to our problems and it really hurts to see people like Aurtis and Denzil just go off the radar just like that,now I know better.Deep down I still feel we have some of the best potential in CONCACAF if not the world.
BTW I am in foreign too,England,  so I get info from some people on here like you and palos,sometimes Bake n Shark,ah get cuss lots ah times too but ah can live with that.
Regards mate!! 8)

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2010, 11:45:51 AM »
ABFA announces squad to play in Trinidad friendly
By Observer Sports - Saturday, July 17th, 2010

The ABFA is pleased to announce the travel squad to participate in the friendly game against Trinidad & Tobago in Trinidad on Wednesday, July 21.
The national team will be led by Team Manager Fernando Abraham. The Technical Director is William McEwan and Rowan Benjamin, the head coach.
Goalkeeper Coach Janiel Simon, Equipment Coordinator Danny Benjamin and Physiotherapist William Richards complete the management team.
The national team is skippered by George Dublin (captain); and Molvin James and Javid Joseph are the goalkeepers.
The forwards are Jamie Thomas, Gason Gregory, Ranja Christian and Randolph Burton.
The mid-field is controlled by Tamarley Thomas, Quinton Griffith, Lawson Robinson, Desmond Bleau, Teran Williams and Orlando Peters.
The defence includes Roy Gregory, Akeem Thomas, Dave Carr, Damien Farrell and Karanja Mack.
The squad departs Antigua next Monday afternoon.
http://www.antiguaobserver.com/?p=37479

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2010, 03:32:51 PM »
Latapy picks twenty for match vs Antigua

Issued by Shaun Fuentes, TTFF Media Officer, July 18,2010

W Connection midfielder Clyde Leon is the only notable name missing from a 20-man squad announced by head coach Russell Latapy for Wednesday’s friendly international against Antigua/Barbuda at the Marvin Lee Stadium from 6pm on Wednesday.

The twenty players will assemble for a training session on Monday afternoon at the match venue but Leon has been forced to miss out because of a leg muscle injury.

Latapy will have the return of Joe Public striker Kerry Baptiste, midfielder Trent Noel, Hayden Tinto and Robert Primus for Wednesday’s match after they all missed the previous friendly against Chile because of club commitments.

The others selected include Defence Force duo Devon Jorsling and Kevon Carter, Ataulla Guerra, Jan Michael Williams and Marvin Phillip, Hughton Hector, Densill Theobald, Jason Marcano as well as young Ma Pau FC midfielder Devon Jamerson who made his international debut in the 2-0 loss to Chile in Iquique.

Team manager David Muhammad told TTFF Media : “The head coach has decided on his 20 players for the encounter and we are quite confident that the players selected will give a good account on Wednesday. We realize that some of the players on the Antigua squad have been playing in the T&T Pro League as well and they will be very eager to show themselves up against our players. The game again is part of preparations for our Digicel Caribbean Championship preparation and we will be using the opportunity to see how the players have progressed so far this year and of course we are also welcoming the return of some of the players who were not with us for the match against Chile.”

T&T jumped 19 spots to 74th on the latest FIFA world rankings released last week.

Meantime, the Antigua/Barbuda Football Association also announced its squad which will be captained by George Dublin. It also includes Gayson Gregory and Ranja  Christian. Rowen Benjamin is Antigua’s head coach.

T&T squad .Jan Michael Williams (W Connection), Marvin Phillip (Joe Public) - Goalkeepers

Makan Hislop (Joe Public), Robert Primus (Jabloteh) Keston Williams (Defence Force),  Kern Cupid  (W Connection), Aklie Edwards (Defence Force) – Defenders; Hughton Hector (W Connection),  Shahdon Winchester (W Connection), Devon Jamieson (Ma Pau FC), Keron Cummings (W Connection), Densill Theobald (Caledonia AIA),  Trent Noel (Joe Public), Ataulla Guerra, Kevon Carter (Defence Force),  Hayden Tinto (Joe Public),  – Midfielders ;  Kerry Baptiste (Joe Public), Jason Marcano (San Juan Jabloteh), Matthew Bartholomew (W Connection), Devon Jorsling (Defence Force) - Forwards

Antigua/Barbuda squad : George Dublin , Molvin James, Javid Joseph (goalkeepers); Roy Gregory, Akeem Thomas, Dave Carr, Damien Farrell and Karanja Mack (Defenders);Tamarley Thomas, Quinton Griffith, Lawson Robinson, Desmond Bleau, Teran Williams and Orlando Peters (midfielders); Jamie Thomas, Gason Gregory, Ranja Christian and Randolph Burton (forwards),

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2010, 07:07:17 AM »
Where is the game being played? I kno all reports say Marvin Lee, but I read that it was being played at the Hasley Crawford this mornin ?????

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2010, 07:32:16 AM »
The team he engineered a move from was Falkirk, not Hibs. A move I never could understand. Every young footballer dreams of playing in Europe and granted this was the Scottish league, it was still a decent league and good shopping window. Instead he complained about the weather and missing home. It boggles the mind.  ???

to bad he does not stand out when ever he  plays ...
TT dont have anybody who stands out at the same time Theobald is not that bad,he is as good as any in Trinidad&Tobago.I now suspect that he has attracted some hate by members,I wonder why.

I'll take a shot at answering your question:

When Theobald first was introduced to the national football consciousness as a substitute against the USA in a WCQ on Ash Wednesday, he showed a lot of promise.  He set up a goal for Angus Eve I thinik it was in a losing effort.  He promised much.  An actual playmaker with good ball skills.

Then T&T qualified for the World Cup and after benching for the majority of the qualifying campaign, he was surprisingly selected as a starter for every match in the World Cup.  It was felt rightly or wrongly that he took the place of local legend Russell Latapy, a player who along with the rest of T&T, Theobald idolized.

I don't think that went down too well with the T&T football public.  Theobald's performances in germany hardly were anything to write home about and as they came at the perceived expense of legend Latapy....this dropped his stock with T&T fans even more.  In Theobald's defence, he performed a role that was unfamiliar and some say unsuited to him, but he did so manfully and gave his all.

Since returning from that World Cup, Theobald's attitude appeared to change from one that seemed eager to learn to one where he seemed a bit more "arrogant" for want of a better word.  He engineered his release from Hibernian despite advice to the contrary.  He then did nothing for a while...probably enjoying the fruits of his financial rewards from the world cup campaign...but he was without a professional contract for some time.  Eventually I believe he signed with Caledonia to get some playing time in and then moved to a club in Eastern Europe which didn't last too long.  He moved back to the PFL which is where he's at today despite rumors of trials with MLS clubs etc.

The fact is, Theobald had regressed as a footballer and the only person to blame for that is him.  He was handed tools to help him improve but instead he chose a different path.  He appears to remain committed to T&T national team football but it also appears as if he's wasted the very real opportunities he had to further his professional career.

Not atypical of other T&T footballers but sad none the less.  A case of unfulfilled potential.

Daz my take anyway.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2010, 11:31:51 PM »
Does anyone know if this will be on I95.5 or on another radio or even TV channel?  I have to work at 5 (6 T&T time) so I'll have to try to record it.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2010, 06:40:28 AM »
Palos yuh coulda save all dat typing and jess say d man shitty  ;D

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2010, 08:49:56 AM »
I cyar believe the apathy; I asking people around if they going he game and is one set ah nah..and frown faces...look nah times real different oui.... yuh national team playing an international match  :drool: :drool: :justkidding: :justkidding: :justkidding: and people eh even farting on dis.... :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: looks like I go have tuh go take this in and check out the local talent under the tutelage of the 'magi' :-\ :-\ :-\

On another note  ah bounce up with Daryl Roberts mom at the airport on Saturday....some real nice vibes about  football  and her son. Ah hope that the footballer get ah fair opportunity if the present direction is to look for youthful and  new blood to lead TNT into 2014. ( Germany PRESENTED A CASE for others to follow). Take note Mr. Coach take note........ Doh make the same old mistakes like years gone by.....
Starting with this game, TNT must begin to assert and dominate in we own yard; in the region and  beyond.. FTDO.......new MOTTO: "From this day on...."

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2010, 09:09:18 AM »
Good luck to the Warriors tonight  :beermug:

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2010, 10:14:07 AM »
Palos,
         i think we got spoiled by the players from the 60's who made it as pros in the US and with dwight and Latas in Euro. Licnoln, Archie, grell, Gamaldo, Brown, etc came when the demand for players were great. the US was building their league. West Indians , some African and 3rd string Latins filled the void. Lots of WIs made it because they were cheap. When Pele came, then all the Euro and S. American retirees started coming and the WIs were pushed to the wayside. 30 years laters the US has surpassed the WIs and they no longer need us as much as in the past.

The same can be said of Dwight, Latas, Leonson, David. They entered Euro. at the time when the market was opening to more foreigners. They were skillful and were determined to make it. And they were succesfull. But then all the Eastern Euros started coming in, we get pushed to the wayside again. TT players have to be extraordinary to make it.  Since Dwight, with the exception of KJ, We have yet to have a dominant and successful player in the PFL. We have no big name player on the continent. I feel the atmosphere at home is stiffling creativity. When trained properly we could ran, jump and kick as good as anybody. But a player with creativity is the intangeable that comes once in a liftime.

I once saw a guy playing for Cadiz in Spain. This guy was the best dribbler on the field. Come to find out the guy was from El Salvador. his name was magico Gonzales. El Sal. is yet to produce a player like him since. nOt only TT has that problem.

i checked and this dude's real name is jorge alberto gonzalez barillas...just like latas his nickname is "magico" ...wow, he was really something else

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9HF3cFLPIc

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2010, 10:21:05 AM »
This side has been together for some time now- Most of them played against Chile. They are in midseason with the local league and they have just watched football at the heighest level - The world cup. Given these facts and the desire to force oneself on the real National Team ,nothing but a three - nil score line will be acceptable Had I been to the game I would be looking to see what System Latapy is playing, the movement to the final third and men running off the ball.
 Let us not forget speed because that is where the modern day game is at the moment. Please dont report that men at this level cant trap and pass a ball.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2010, 02:17:39 PM »
I cyar believe the apathy; I asking people around if they going he game and is one set ah nah..and frown faces...look nah times real different oui.... yuh national team playing an international match  :drool: :drool: :justkidding: :justkidding: :justkidding: and people eh even farting on dis.... :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: looks like I go have tuh go take this in and check out the local talent under the tutelage of the 'magi' :-\ :-\ :-\

On another note  ah bounce up with Daryl Roberts mom at the airport on Saturday....some real nice vibes about  football  and her son. Ah hope that the footballer get ah fair opportunity if the present direction is to look for youthful and  new blood to lead TNT into 2014. ( Germany PRESENTED A CASE for others to follow). Take note Mr. Coach take note........ Doh make the same old mistakes like years gone by.....
Starting with this game, TNT must begin to assert and dominate in we own yard; in the region and  beyond.. FTDO.......new MOTTO: "From this day on...."

You good, oui.  You go and face that traffic going up in the East after work nah?

That being said, I am thinking of going.

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2010, 02:35:25 PM »
You good, oui.  You go and face that traffic going up in the East after work nah?

:rotfl:

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2010, 02:59:19 PM »
Is the game being air...via the internet

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2010, 03:30:33 PM »

:rotfl:

;D

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2010, 04:19:03 PM »
TT 1-0 - Kevon Carter 10th (after a minor power outage - the scoreboard aint rectified yet)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 04:24:12 PM by YoursTruly »

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 21, 2010, 04:25:01 PM »
2-0 - Kerry Baptiste 18th.

Starting 11 - Jan-Michael, Keston Williams, Makan, Aklie, Kern Cupid, Theobald, Noel (capt), Guerra, Carter, Jorsling, Baptiste.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2010, 04:30:49 PM »
thanx for d updates yourstruly1 ah couldnt make dat game today nah
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2010, 04:31:43 PM »
2-0 - Kerry Baptiste 18th.

Starting 11 - Jan-Michael Williams, Keston Williams, Makan Hislop , Aklie Edwards, Kern Cupid, Densill Theobald, Trent Noel (capt), Ataullah Guerra, Kevon Carter, Devon Jorsling, Kerry Baptiste.

Thanx a mill YoursTurly, if you have the shirt numbers and if any subs the times entered it would be GREATLY appreciated.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 04:33:34 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 21, 2010, 04:34:54 PM »
anyone know if 95.5fm broadcasting the game

Offline Trini68

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 21, 2010, 04:35:37 PM »
The starting teams are  as follows
T&T - 21. Jan Michael Williams 5. Makan Hislop,6. Keston Williams, 7. Kern Cupid,3. Aklie Edwards, 8. Trent Noel (capt), 11. Kevon Carter ,9. Devon Jorsling, 18. Densill Theobald, 4. Kerry Baptiste, 2. Ataulla Guerra.

that's what the TTFF site says....maybe it accurate? lol

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 21, 2010, 04:37:51 PM »
Correct numbers....
3-1 - Carter 31st and, for Antigua, 30th by Akeem Thomas

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #57 on: July 21, 2010, 04:42:28 PM »
The starting teams are  as follows
T&T - 21. Jan Michael Williams 5. Makan Hislop,6. Keston Williams, 7. Kern Cupid,3. Aklie Edwards, 8. Trent Noel (capt), 11. Kevon Carter ,9. Devon Jorsling, 18. Densill Theobald, 4. Kerry Baptiste, 2. Ataulla Guerra.

that's what the TTFF site says....maybe it accurate? lol

Many Thanks... and YoursTurly is a reliable source.... 8)
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #58 on: July 21, 2010, 04:59:57 PM »
final score is 3-1 ?

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 21, 2010, 05:07:29 PM »
Its a good feeling to win against any team I hope we continue like this,a win against Jamaica at home and at worst a draw in Kingston.

1]; } ?>