April 27, 2024, 01:05:30 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the T&T vs Antigua Game (21-July-2010)  (Read 12427 times)

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Thread for the T&T vs Antigua Game (21-July-2010)
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2010, 05:09:23 PM »
final score is 3-1 ?

I think, that is the half time score.

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2010, 05:10:00 PM »
The game started at 6 pm, go figure....

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2010, 05:10:08 PM »
final score is 3-1 ?

No, that was the score at half time. You can follow the LIVE UPDATE on ttffonline.com
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Trini68

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 21, 2010, 05:29:07 PM »
Tinto wearing 10 and we still using the adidas kit?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 05:31:00 PM by Trini68 »

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #64 on: July 21, 2010, 05:32:36 PM »
4-1 67' Jorsling

A left footed free kick from the top edge of the box curls nicely into the right corner.

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 21, 2010, 05:35:19 PM »
final score is 3-1 ?

No, that was the score at half time. You can follow the LIVE UPDATE on ttffonline.com

live update  :o
too bad it doesnt update it's self like the Fifa website you have to keep hitting F5  :-\
better than nothing :D

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 21, 2010, 05:37:00 PM »
final score is 3-1 ?

live update  :o
too bad it doesnt update it's self like the Fifa website you have to keep hitting F5  :-\
better than nothing :D

Boy be glad we have something nah  ;)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 21, 2010, 05:39:34 PM »
call me negative but i cant really assess where my team is based on a match against Antigua..

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 21, 2010, 05:40:13 PM »
Glad for de sc ore, but ah waiting to hear how we playing..

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 21, 2010, 05:52:56 PM »
Glad for de sc ore, but ah waiting to hear how we playing..

Three minutes additional time
85th - Antigua forces consecutive corners

84th - Antigua's Teran Williams for Griffith
81st - Robert Primus for Hislop,  Hughton Hector for Theobald

79th - Antigua's Jamie Thomas comes on for Christian
78th - Winchester effort goes wide from right side cross. Should have done better with that effort.

77th - Marcano's right footer curls but not enough, hits the outside of the right post.

76th - T&T's Winchester replaces Jorsling
73rd - Jorsling goes close, a left footed effort from point blank range well stopped by the Antiguan goalkeeper

71st - Antigua's Desmond Bleau replaces Lawson Robinson

67th - Jorsling scores a beauty to put T&T 4-1 ahead. A left footed free kick from the top edge of the box curls nicely into the right corner.

66th - Tinto comes on for Carter who receives an applause from the fans as he exits the field.

64th - Hislop has an ambitious try at goal from 45 metres out, low and straight to the goalie .

63rd - Orlando Peters replaces Tamarley Thomas for Antigua
63rd - Ball over from right  by Noel, Marcano right foot shot is saved by the goalie

61st - Antigua's Dave Carr replaces Akeem Thomas

60th - Gregory shot goes wide of the right post

59th - Carter on the right, fails to control on the run but gets the ball to Marcano who brings it over into the box and Theobald hits on the  bounce but ball goes over bar.

58th - T&T's Jason Marcano replaces Baptiste

Antigua enjoying more of the possession and are trying to break a somewhat  uncertain T&T defence.

57th - Dublin is yellow carded, takes down Jorsling  from behind on the edge of the box. Noel free kick is off target, over bar.

54th - Free kick goes through everyone and Christian downward header forces a reflex save by Williams
53rd -Mack crosses from left for Gregory who controls well and turns, shoots just wide, gets an applause from the fans. Soon after Trent Noel is yellow carded for a rough take down.

Both teams are back out on the pitch. T&T makes one change, W Connection's Kerron Cummings on for Guerra.

Half time - T&T leads 3-1 at the break.

46th - Gregory collects behind the defender and tries to find Christian inside the box but ball goes clear, played back in and  the eventual shot goes high and  wide.

45th - Fourth official puts up one minute of additional time

Approaching the closing five minutes of the half, pace of the game has slowed down. T&T ahead 3-1 and seems content to hold on to that lead going into the interval. Antigua are trying to break on every possible opportunity. Gregory is their main target man up front.

38th - Baptiste reenters the play.  Soon after Antigua go forward but Gregory's low shot is easily saved by Williams

37th - Baptiste, just coming off an injury, limps off for treatment and is being attended to by doctor Terrence Babwah.

34th - Some tangling taking between Cupid and Gregory before a left side corner. Referee halts play to warn both players. Corner is eventually taken and headed well wide.

33rd - Inswinging left side free kick by T&T's Noel goes just wide of the far post , no T&T player can connect

30th Goal for T&T - Carter races down the right flank, uncaught, and drills right footer low and hard into the net.

29th Goal for Antigua - Header by Akeem Thomas from a right side corner by Karanja Mack. The ball not cleared inside the six yard box and Williams is caught off, Thomas nails home from close range.

Antigua being allowed to roam in and around the T&T box but offering no real threat to goalkeeper Williams. T&T trying to build from the back but no real penetration going forward apart from the two goals thus far.

23rd - Guerra shakes off two players neatly on the left with some fancy work but his cross is claimed by the goalkeeper.

20th - Antigua's Gregory shoots high and wide from the left of the box after some untidy defensive work by T&T

Goal for T&T
18th - Carter crosses from the right  and find s Baptiste ummarked on the centre edge of the box and he unleashes a right footer into the left corner, giving goalie Javid Joseph no chance.T&T leads 2-0

16th - Close range effort by Antigua's Gayson Gregory saved low down by Williams
14th - Shot by Antigua's Griffith with left foot goes wide across the goal
12th - Ball played through for T&T #4 but assistant raises his flag for offside.

10th minute Goal for T&T, Kevin Carter slots nicely past the goalkeeper with his right foot on the right of the goal on a nice ball played through from the middle of the park by Densill Theobald.

Slow start to proceedings, neither team settling

From the Marvin Lee Stadium

We welcome you to this evening's friendly international between Trinidad and Tobago and Antigua/Barbuda
Both teams about to take the pitch.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 21, 2010, 05:55:21 PM »
Finished 4-1

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 21, 2010, 05:56:38 PM »
FT score: T&T 4 - Ant 1

Scorers
10' Carter, Theobald assist.
18' Baptiste, Carter assist.
29' (Ant.) Thomas, Mack assist.
30' Carter, ? assist.
67' Jorsling, unassisted.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 21, 2010, 06:21:36 PM »
TNT still letting goals in we need a more solid defense.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2010, 06:59:06 PM »
why d hell Antigua score on we  >:(
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2010, 07:07:05 PM »

I just glad we win  ;D

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 21, 2010, 07:21:14 PM »
Just came back from the game. Convincing win yes; dominating: NO; ball control YES; Ant/Bar better possession in first half, they had more opportunities. The two breakdowns they had, TnT  capitalized on defensive blunders.

Let's consider the opposition...... this was not Jamaica. In my humble opinion we still lacking pace, urgency and assertiveness at the front end. Our back end showed improvements except for a few indecisive moments.

We still looking like an amateur  team for this level. We have miles to go but  positive start and positive win.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2010, 08:09:44 PM »
Just came back from the game. Convincing win yes; dominating: NO; ball control YES; Ant/Bar better possession in first half, they had more opportunities. The two breakdowns they had, TnT  capitalized on defensive blunders.

Let's consider the opposition...... this was not Jamaica. In my humble opinion we still lacking pace, urgency and assertiveness at the front end. Our back end showed improvements except for a few indecisive moments.

We still looking like an amateur  team for this level. We have miles to go but  positive start and positive win.

:beermug:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2010, 08:15:08 PM »
lil harsh dey AB...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Study the past if you would define the future"
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2010, 08:25:58 PM »
haha yeh dah harsh but if is true then dah not workin. We play Antigua...daz ah big team right dey

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 21, 2010, 08:35:38 PM »
lil harsh dey AB...
I'm inclined to agree with BM. To me it was amazing that we had so many players to field from tonight. When I see atullah coming off ah say well yes but then we saw coming on Winchester, Marcano, Tinto, Hughton Hector,Primus. Impressive lil performance I thought Latas and crew put on today. Keep up the good work Latas and work from this performance because it was not to shabby at all.

Oversees inserts that could have helped this team tonight.  Hyland,Thompson,Birchall, D. Roberts, Jagdeosingh. Players who go have it hard coming back.. Carlos, KJ, Scotland, Keon Daniel, Bleeder. Special note to the goal keeper who I thought did a pretty good job. lil green (visibly) but he has safe hands.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 21, 2010, 08:49:38 PM »
Thanks David

the defence was more of the concern for me...lacking aggression..and poor decisions..

they announced that tnt U-23 play antigua friday at COC..4pm..a triple header
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 21, 2010, 08:53:43 PM »
Thanks David

the defence was more of the concern for me...lacking aggression..and poor decisions..

they announced that tnt U-23 play antigua friday at COC..4pm..a triple header
and Big Mag imagine it still have fellas like Juma and others who in time could make the jump over.
Ah lovin it.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 21, 2010, 09:09:30 PM »
We still play wayy toooo slow. In the first minute, a defensive blunder let Ranja Christian in on goal. A better finish and we would have been behind from the onset.

Jan Williams- Terible game today distribution wise. Didnt have much work to do, but need to work on his distribution. Made a good save in the 1st half

Cupid- Tidy game, did his job well. Concern for me was that he didnt combine with Carter ot Tinto for any crosses (probably because they both very quick)

Keston Williams- For a central defender he is too shakey. Not commanding enough in the air, and he, along with Hislop lets the ball drop in front them too much. Not one of his better games

Akile Edwards- Had a decent game and showed some things going fwd. Never really improved from the 1st time I saw him tho

Noel- Decent game, made some good passes and tackles, and held his DM position well

Theobald- Showed why he is still playing with AIA. He has talent yes, but for a person who has so much experience, he needs to show more than he did today.

Carter- Best TT player on the day, mainly because of his blistering pace. He made most passes to him look like great balls with his speed and has began to mature into a very good player. @ good finishes on his 2 goals also.

Guerra- Deployed on the left and looked decent going fwd. Didnt show much and drifted into the middle which is his usual position. Would like to see him as the playmaker

Baptiste- scored a great goal off a feed from Carter. Didnt look like he was back to full fitness yet tho, but a good shift.

Jorsling- Had a terrible 1st half, but scored a great fk in the 2nd. Didnt hold up the ball well at first but gradually began to get into it. Decent game

Subs- Cummings- came on and got alot of space out left. Showed some glimpses of skill but still very green. Left footed so its a plus

Tinto- picked up from where Carter left off and went at the defence. Nice exciting player, but needs to work on his final ball

Primus, Hector and Winchester all came on when the game was done and dusted so didnt really see much of them

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 21, 2010, 09:23:00 PM »
We still play wayy toooo slow. In the first minute, a defensive blunder let Ranja Christian in on goal. A better finish and we would have been behind from the onset.

Jan Williams- Terible game today distribution wise. Didnt have much work to do, but need to work on his distribution. Made a good save in the 1st half

Cupid- Tidy game, did his job well. Concern for me was that he didnt combine with Carter ot Tinto for any crosses (probably because they both very quick)

Keston Williams- For a central defender he is too shakey. Not commanding enough in the air, and he, along with Hislop lets the ball drop in front them too much. Not one of his better games

Akile Edwards- Had a decent game and showed some things going fwd. Never really improved from the 1st time I saw him tho

Noel- Decent game, made some good passes and tackles, and held his DM position well

Theobald- Showed why he is still playing with AIA. He has talent yes, but for a person who has so much experience, he needs to show more than he did today.

Carter- Best TT player on the day, mainly because of his blistering pace. He made most passes to him look like great balls with his speed and has began to mature into a very good player. @ good finishes on his 2 goals also.

Guerra- Deployed on the left and looked decent going fwd. Didnt show much and drifted into the middle which is his usual position. Would like to see him as the playmaker

Baptiste- scored a great goal off a feed from Carter. Didnt look like he was back to full fitness yet tho, but a good shift.

Jorsling- Had a terrible 1st half, but scored a great fk in the 2nd. Didnt hold up the ball well at first but gradually began to get into it. Decent game

Subs- Cummings- came on and got alot of space out left. Showed some glimpses of skill but still very green. Left footed so its a plus

Tinto- picked up from where Carter left off and went at the defence. Nice exciting player, but needs to work on his final ball

Primus, Hector and Winchester all came on when the game was done and dusted so didnt really see much of them

:beermug:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 22, 2010, 10:53:21 AM »

I just glad we win  ;D
That is a problem we have to sort out that one goal we conceded spoiled my feelings about the win,I do hope that Latapy does something about that,Antigua should not score against us,even the locals.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 22, 2010, 10:55:17 AM »

I just glad we win  ;D
That is a problem we have to sort out that one goal we conceded spoiled my feelings about the win,I do hope that Latapy does something about that,Antigua should not score against us,even the locals.

Allyuh on some shit.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 22, 2010, 11:46:03 AM »
lil harsh dey AB...
I'm inclined to agree with BM. To me it was amazing that we had so many players to field from tonight. When I see atullah coming off ah say well yes but then we saw coming on Winchester, Marcano, Tinto, Hughton Hector,Primus. Impressive lil performance I thought Latas and crew put on today. Keep up the good work Latas and work from this performance because it was not to shabby at all.

Oversees inserts that could have helped this team tonight.  Hyland,Thompson,Birchall, D. Roberts, Jagdeosingh. Players who go have it hard coming back.. Carlos, KJ, Scotland, Keon Daniel, Bleeder. Special note to the goal keeper who I thought did a pretty good job. lil green (visibly) but he has safe hands.

WOW we talking about overseas inserts  against Antigua .. if that the case  bye bye 2014 ...  latapy have these guys training 24/7 Antigua have their team doing the same ???

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 22, 2010, 11:46:56 AM »

El Tigre say

Time to rid T&T football of ‘mash-up’ mentality

Russell has organised his sessions in a manner that addresses the main deficiency that bedevils many of our teams: keeping possession.

Since possession is the focus, every facet of Russell’s training sessions, that I have seen, is structured to address the stated deficiency. I see both structure and relevance consistently on display in these sessions from the warm up to technical training (drills) to small-sided conditional games that progress to 11 vs 11 games.

Offline #4

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • #YGBfiles: The Young, Gifted, and Black Files
« Reply #88 on: July 22, 2010, 01:18:11 PM »

El Tigre say

Time to rid T&T football of ‘mash-up’ mentality

Russell has organised his sessions in a manner that addresses the main deficiency that bedevils many of our teams: keeping possession.

Since possession is the focus, every facet of Russell’s training sessions, that I have seen, is structured to address the stated deficiency. I see both structure and relevance consistently on display in these sessions from the warm up to technical training (drills) to small-sided conditional games that progress to 11 vs 11 games.

Is that really the problem, or is the real issue lack of patience, concentration, and killer instinct? This is definitely a step though.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
tnt v antigua
« Reply #89 on: August 03, 2010, 07:22:28 PM »
on wi spotrsssss now!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ch 14 i think
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

1]; } ?>