March 18, 2024, 10:54:17 PM

Author Topic: How to hang Jack  (Read 3045 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
How to hang Jack
« on: July 17, 2010, 10:03:41 AM »
How to hang Jack
By Kevin Baldeosingh

Story Created: Jul 16, 2010 at 1:45 AM ECT

Story Updated: Jul 17, 2010 at 2:35 AM ECT

"I am convinced that, were we to reinstitute hangings, which is the law of the land, it will have a dent on crime. I am convinced." — Acting Prime Minister Jack Warner two Wednesdays ago.

Mr Warner didn't present any evidence for his conviction, but that is understandable: the last thing Jack Warner wants is evidence that leads to conviction. I, on the other hand, am all about evidence, which is probably why I'm not a politician, religious leader or talkshow host. Since death penalty supporters can never offer any solid basis for their position, refuting them is about as challenging as getting Health Minister Therese Baptiste-Cornelis to make surprise visits in front of TV cameras. I do like a good debate, though, so I have decided to offer guidance for persons who are pro-hanging on how to make their case.

Avoid consistency: An effective tactic is to declare that "Hanging is the law of the land!" as though all laws are absolute, then say that the Privy Council should be removed so murderers can be hanged, even though this would require changing the law of the land. However, you can pretend that the law is immutable by making this argument in the right manner. You must use a trenchant tone of utmost conviction. You can achieve this by pulling in your diaphragm very tightly, but only if you're not a fat man who's eaten curry chataigne within the past 30 minutes. You should also adopt a righteous expression, which looks the same as the expression people get when near a fat man who's pulled in his diaphragm tightly after eating curry chataigne.

Avoid facts: Attorney Martin George, newly appointed member of the Police Service Commission and former board member of CrimeStoppers, recently argued that "the resumption of hangings may very well have the same effect on reduction of crime which it did when there was the execution of Dole Chadee and his gang some years ago." The date that George couldn't be bothered to check was June 1999, and in that year the total number of murders was 93. The following year, the murder figure jumped to 120. But maybe George, as a lawyer, doesn't consider murder to be a significant crime, since murderers are usually poor and murder victims usually don't sign cheques.

Avoid principle: If you are a religious believer, you should support execution but oppose abortion on the grounds that life is sacred. Make sure to warm up for 20 minutes before attempting this, in case the moral contortion causes you to pull a muscle. Catholics are at particular risk, since they often arrange marches against abortion but never make even one lap around the Queen's Park Savannah to protest capital punishment. It is always useful to quote the Bible, such as Genesis 9:6 which says, "Whose sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed''. But avoid references to Leviticus, which also prescribes death for adultery, disrespecting your parents, and blasphemy, since you may have to hang yourself.

Avoid humility: You are an upstanding, law-abiding, virtuous person, and not bad-looking either. Moreover, you have chosen to be all these things, which is why you pay so much for haircuts. Even if you had grown up in a community where violence is common, or where the only way for a young man without skills to earn money is through drug-dealing or robbery or murder, you would never have turned to crime because you know the difference between right and wrong and elegantly casual. Even if you had problems in school seeing the blackboard or hearing the teacher, you would still have passed all your exams because you would have studied hard, and the only reason you didn't get more than O-Levels is because common sense better than book sense. Point is, you would never kill another human being because you are not bloodthirsty like them murderers, but you will gladly volunteer to pull the lever to pop their necks.

Avoid logic: Although it is important to appear logical when supporting hanging, it is even more important to not actually be so. For example, you can say that a person who murders another person deserves to executed. But if one of those bleeding-heart liberals says that, since the legal system is imperfect, innocent persons may be hanged, then logic would make you say that it is better that a few innocent people be executed than several murderers continue to live. It is not advisable to hold this position if you're poor, black, male and young.

Avoid me: Like most human beings, I prefer to hang out with persons I have something in common with and, once you tell me you support capital punishment, it proves that you have neither knowledge, ethics, nor naturally curly hair.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: How to hang Jack
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2010, 03:24:58 PM »
simple, hi lo hang jack king tuh go.   sorry trini, ah couldn't resist. ;D
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
  • Curried Wild Meat With Plenty Hot Pepper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2010, 07:15:05 PM »
simple, hi lo hang jack king tuh go.   sorry trini, ah couldn't resist. ;D

I come in here looking for some all fours talk.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 05:00:24 PM »
Minister of Works and Transport, Jack Warner, said yesterday he was disappointed that social activist Verna St Rose Greaves has considered leaving the People's Partnership Government without discussing her concerns over the issue of hangings of death row inmates.

Speaking following a ceremony to begin road works at Mandingo Road, Princes Town, Warner said St Rose Greaves's statements were premature."I think it is unfortunate for any minister to make a statement which seems to be an ultimatum. And I must confess that I don't know if she said so, but if she did, I imagine that she would be able to explain why," he said.

St Rose Greaves, a former UNC senator who is to be appointed Special Advisor on Children Affairs to Prime Minister Kamla Persad-Bissessar, does not support the resumption of capital punishment and says she would be leaving the People's Partnership should the Government return to the hangman.
Warner urged Government ministers to practise collective responsibility in whatever the party does.
"Even if I am not in favour of it, I shall support it. And if I feel as strongly as Verna does, then I will do what she did. But I believe in collective responsibility," Warner said.

Warner said the issue of the death penalty was not yet discussed with Persad-Bissessar."All I did was ask Mr (Anand) Ramlogan to look into the measures to see how this can be brought in and then the party has to discuss it. It has not been discussed. This was done in the absence of the Prime Minister. She has not had a chance to even discuss it with us and for us to begin to make this kind of statements, I think it's premature," Warner said.

The death penalty issue was raised by Warner, who was at the time acting prime minister, on July 6. He asked Attorney General Anand Ramlogan to move expeditiously in the matter.

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/98897979.html

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 07:42:26 PM »
He's not Minister of Works??? What the hell does the issue of the death penalty have to do with him...So much so that he bypass the Prime Minister and go straight to Attorney General to discuss this...Sticky and tricky times ahead folks..So far I've counted 4 Ministers of National Security...!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 08:23:12 PM »
He's not Minister of Works??? What the hell does the issue of the death penalty have to do with him...So much so that he bypass the Prime Minister and go straight to Attorney General to discuss this...Sticky and tricky times ahead folks..So far I've counted 4 Ministers of National Security...!!!

D man can multi task yuh jealous ah what.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 08:36:47 PM »

ent he is only d special advisor of d ttff, yet he does be doin d work of d president and d coach?  :-X

good times ahead peeps
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 09:12:37 PM »

ent he is only d special advisor of d ttff, yet he does be doin d work of d president and d coach?  :-X

good times ahead peeps

Sit back and enjoy d ride.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 10:30:36 PM »
All jokes aside, how does the Prime Minister really feel about this ? It is highly improper for the acting Prime Minister to initiate a major shift of this kind, regardless of its popularity. The attempt to play coy is laughable . "All I did is ......" So Warner don't know a Minister even acting PM not supposed to make public statements like this.Is it just me or is this a big deal ?

Anyway when last the Prime Minister talk ? 

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2010, 10:40:49 PM »
All jokes aside, how does the Prime Minister really feel about this ? It is highly improper for the acting Prime Minister to initiate a major shift of this kind, regardless of its popularity. The attempt to play coy is laughable . "All I did is ......" So Warner don't know a Minister even acting PM not supposed to make public statements like this.Is it just me or is this a big deal ?

Anyway when last the Prime Minister talk ? 

Sit back and enjoy d ride.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2010, 01:50:30 AM »
Absolute POPPY COCK!!!!!!!  the mudda c#nt country runnin away due to the ineptitude of the last admin and all allyuh could find tuh do is nit pick @ every solution the present admin put forth!!!  allyuh relllll mad oui!!!
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2010, 06:00:40 AM »
Absolute POPPY COCK!!!!!!!  the mudda c#nt country runnin away due to the ineptitude of the last admin and all allyuh could find tuh do is nit pick @ every solution the present admin put forth!!!  allyuh relllll mad oui!!!
Does the US secretary of Transportation make public statements about the death penalty ?

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2010, 07:28:32 AM »
Does the US secretary of Transportation make public statements about the death penalty ?

Dat individual cannot multitask so he bats in his crease.

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2010, 06:33:02 PM »

JC doh get me wrong. i for one want dem to hang d criminal mudda a$$. but is not jack place to bring it forward.. he is d minister of works. let him concentrate on he portfolio. d ag an d prime minister is d one to deal wid dis hangin situation
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2010, 07:23:37 PM »

JC doh get me wrong. i for one want dem to hang d criminal mudda a$$. but is not jack place to bring it forward.. he is d minister of works. let him concentrate on he portfolio. d ag an d prime minister is d one to deal wid dis hangin situation
When jack made those statements the PM was in jamaica and JW was acting PM. so yes he had all right! who knows if kamla ask jack tuh assume the responsibility seeing it may come over as inappropriate if she done it, so just "maybe" she made jack the fall guy.

remember these politicians doh do nutten just so by guess. who knows if this was not ah well sort out plan.  BTW hang dem hang dem and hand dem up high!! these arseholes need tuh know dat there's law and order in the land, and if yuh kill, then expect to be killed in the worst way!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 02:40:36 AM by just cool »

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2010, 10:32:12 PM »
Yeah but hanging is all good and well but please let us be real here...The criminals who doing crime today not even being caught..The criminals who getting hanged today if caught wouldn't be hanged within a year or so, when you take into consideration the time it takes to get to the Privy council and what not. The whole system needs revamping and we are paying for this slow Justice system with blood. All this hang this and hang that, is just talk by these politicians, we smarter than that...Remember when Manning was on the podium and hinted that hanging may resume and this new Attorney General came out and say that he was against the death penalty, he rather they clear a path in the forest and they plant..Now every other night he on a platform talking about "popping this one neck and that one neck". These idiots laughing and playing games with us while blood still spilling.

By the way... howcome we don't get this type of outrage when say somebody from the ghetto, who maybe has a criminal record or a shady past gets killed?? Is it that some lives are more important done others...howcome there is no outrage to get this killing solved and to bring these perpetrators to justice..Where is the "hang them high crowd" when a murder of this sort occurs??
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 11:10:27 PM by congo »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2010, 02:44:39 AM »
Yeah but hanging is all good and well but please let us be real here...The criminals who doing crime today not even being caught..The criminals who getting hanged today if caught wouldn't be hanged within a year or so, when you take into consideration the time it takes to get to the Privy council and what not. The whole system needs revamping and we are paying for this slow Justice system with blood. All this hang this and hang that, is just talk by these politicians, we smarter than that...Remember when Manning was on the podium and hinted that hanging may resume and this new Attorney General came out and say that he was against the death penalty, he rather they clear a path in the forest and they plant..Now every other night he on a platform talking about "popping this one neck and that one neck". These idiots laughing and playing games with us while blood still spilling.

By the way... howcome we don't get this type of outrage when say somebody from the ghetto, who maybe has a criminal record or a shady past gets killed?? Is it that some lives are more important done others...howcome there is no outrage to get this killing solved and to bring these perpetrators to justice..Where is the "hang them high crowd" when a murder of this sort occurs??
Breds, yuh could hang ppl without the approval of the privy council, just ask ramesh and bass. they hang NINE MDRFCKRS in one week and said " tuh france wid the privey council"! ah have tuh say , i was really impressed! :devil:

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2010, 06:19:07 AM »

When jack made those statements the PM was in jamaica and JW was acting PM. so yes he had all right! who knows if kamla ask jack tuh assume the responsibility seeing it may come over as inappropriate if she done it, so just "maybe" she made jack the fall guy.

remember these politicians doh do nutten just so by guess. who knows if this was not ah well sort out plan.  BTW hang dem hang dem and hand dem up high!! these arseholes need tuh know dat there's law and order in the land, and if yuh kill, then expect to be killed in the worst way!

jack responsibility  just to lead parliamentary sitting  when she was away thats all ...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2010, 12:53:59 PM »

Breds, yuh could hang ppl without the approval of the privy council, just ask ramesh and bass. they hang NINE MDRFCKRS in one week and said " tuh france wid the privey council"! ah have tuh say , i was really impressed! :devil:

Yeah but I not talking about the Privy Council standing in the way of hanging...All i am saying is length of time it takes for the trial from the preliminary inquires to the appeals process in the Privy Council...I'm pretty sure that the Manning administration had sought to establish the CCJ as this court's final court BUT offcourse the then opposition stood in its way of this happening...DO SO.>!!!

1]; } ?>