April 16, 2024, 11:30:52 AM

Author Topic: Canada full ah mad priest oui  (Read 959 times)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Canada full ah mad priest oui
« on: July 23, 2010, 07:20:30 AM »
Dog receives communion at Anglican parish
  July 23, 2010
A dog has received communion at an Anglican parish in Toronto. Pets are permitted in the church.

“The minister welcomed me and said come up and take communion, and Trapper [the dog] came up with me and the minister gave him communion as well,” said Donald Keith, the dog’s owner. “Then he bent his head and said a little prayer.”

“I thought it was a nice way to welcome me into the church,” said Mr. Keith, a new member. “99.9% of the people in the church love Trapper, and the kids play with him.”

Following a parishioner’s complaint, the local Anglican bishop decided that Trapper would not receive communion again, though he will continue to be welcome at church.

Peggy Needham, the deputy people’s warden at the parish, told the Toronto Sun that the parish supported Mr. Keith.

“The backlash is from just one person. Something happened that won’t happen again. Something our interim priest did spontaneously,” she said.

“This person went to the top and e-mailed our bishop to make a fuss and change things,” she added. “But he misjudged our congregation.”

http://www.catholicculture.org/news/headlines/index.cfm?storyid=6984
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
Re: Canada full ah mad priest oui
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 07:23:56 AM »
  July 23, 2010
A dog has received communion at an Anglican parish in Toronto. Pets are permitted in the church.

“The minister welcomed me and said come up and take communion, and Trapper [the dog] came up with me and the minister gave him communion as well,” said Donald Keith, the dog’s owner. “Then he bent his head and said a little prayer.”

“I thought it was a nice way to welcome me into the church,” said Mr. Keith, a new member. “99.9% of the people in the church love Trapper, and the kids play with him.”

Following a parishioner’s complaint, the local Anglican bishop decided that Trapper would not receive communion again, though he will continue to be welcome at church.

Peggy Needham, the deputy people’s warden at the parish, told the Toronto Sun that the parish supported Mr. Keith.

“The backlash is from just one person. Something happened that won’t happen again. Something our interim priest did spontaneously,” she said.

“This person went to the top and e-mailed our bishop to make a fuss and change things,” she added. “But he misjudged our congregation.”

This is de same fukin reason no body eh wanna buy one ah allyuh DUTTY
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 08:07:13 AM »
 :rotfl:
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 12:56:11 PM »
  July 23, 2010

This is de same f**kin reason no body eh wanna buy one ah allyuh DUTTY

you could always rent to own and send it back if you doh want it anymore
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

1]; } ?>