April 19, 2024, 04:10:24 AM

Author Topic: D Touches Match Report TT vs Antigua  (Read 6751 times)

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
Re: D Touches Match Report TT vs Antigua
« Reply #30 on: July 22, 2010, 01:22:47 PM »
thanks touches  :beermug:

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 22, 2010, 01:29:34 PM »
Nice work Damian... Sounds like alot of the same from our senior team- hope they continue to build. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline #4

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • #YGBfiles: The Young, Gifted, and Black Files
« Reply #32 on: July 22, 2010, 01:33:47 PM »
The brand is good but the personnel not so good.

The two centre backs were the low point today. Latas trying to possess the ball more but for it to be effective the back 4 must be comfortable with the ball at their feet.

And as Touches said, we lack a bruiser in midfield. Someone in the mould of Rougier or Carrington to just break up plays and be an imposing figure. I think its coming together from an attacking standpoint, we trying to be patient with the ball and pick a pass.

Need more games to get it right though.
Without a doubt, Birchy is the man to fill that role; Whitley on his good days was a midfield gangsta as well... the fit and clearheaded version of Whitley was definitely missed last WC campaign.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 22, 2010, 02:20:07 PM »
T&T long ball days look like it numbered
The fact that we playin composed possession ball even for short spells is very promising, once dem fellahs learn to withstand pressure and keep de ball,,,dey good to go.

seven flickin dollars for ah pie?

Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 22, 2010, 02:32:37 PM »
seven flickin dollars for ah pie?

tha is about a buck fifty US. You could afford it. :rotfl:

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 22, 2010, 03:24:25 PM »
If Latapy intend to play that style of ball possession, he better work QUICKLY on converting some midfielders with ball skills to defenders.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2010, 05:18:42 PM »
If Latapy intend to play that style of ball possession, he better work QUICKLY on converting some midfielders with ball skills to defenders.

excellent point :beermug:

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2010, 07:22:37 PM »

Or improve the ball skills of some defenders who could actually defend

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2010, 07:47:56 PM »
Touches, :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

As usual good read.....like you does take a writing pad with you to the games :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

I agree with your points.....in my humble opinion, I still think one aspect of the game we need to develop is 'pace' sometimes it appears that we have a lax approach. For me pace, means having the ability to change the tempo of the game, slow it down at times, and match the tempo of the opposition.

The back line have to develop a confidence and some assertiveness; the midfield allows too much 'space' up the middle. I like the work of the front line in holding up the ball and attacking from the wings and the efforts in trying to attack up the middle.

We allow this team too many opportunities to control the game at the onset and to dictate the pace. We need  to work on  taking charge rather than be out hustled during our times of possession.

Let's see how we develop  from this game to the next. I look forward to your future reports.
Cheers

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2010, 10:42:11 PM »

Or improve the ball skills of some defenders who could actually defend

we have men who can possess and play well in the back, pacheco is one of them, williams did well also, javed mohammed is another

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2010, 11:15:11 PM »
Yeah is just the centre of the midfield and the centre of defence. And in all fairness, Birchall will make a difference, but we still need the box-to-box midfielder who could distribute the ball and dictate the pace of the game.

The centre of defence could be solved with Julius James, the U-20 boys, Yohance Marshall and I still find Bakr is a good player and allyuh was too hard on him. He could distribute from the back and he very composed and comfortable on the ball, despite his lack of pace.

The wing midfielders and wingbacks we have a whole set of them who could each stake a claim and it won't make much difference. With the lack of a genuine playmaker, Latas doing the right thing and keeping the creativity to the wing and keeping the middle solid (like Beenie did with him and the rest of the world doing with Messi, Ronaldo and Ribery)
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2010, 06:34:35 AM »
Allyuh have no balls and this is why Jack does win, no one wants to boycot T&T football to help make a difference.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2010, 07:04:37 AM »
Allyuh have no balls and this is why Jack does win, no one wants to boycot T&T football to help make a difference.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2010, 08:55:27 AM »
I will keep asking the same question: Who is responsible for the defensive structure of the team?

Simple point from Wednesday, we have Theobald and Noel in the middle of the park on wednesday. They were never short on hustle but rather ineffective defensively and why, when Antigua had the ball in midfield the two of them trying to tackle at the same time so a one two Knock beating the two of them and they out of position. Too much space in front of the back 4 and men exposed.

We need to coach up the players on their shape when we do not have the ball. Someone with that sole responsibility. Defending on set pieces as well. While we may get away with it with it against the current tier of opposition we intend to play in the short term. Once we attempt to step up a level the competition will expose these frailties. If we can address them immediately, the will provide a much sterner test in the long term.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2010, 09:22:16 AM »
What a well written account. . .very much appreciated Touches.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 25, 2010, 07:58:56 AM »
Yeah is just the centre of the midfield and the centre of defence. And in all fairness, Birchall will make a difference, but we still need the box-to-box midfielder who could distribute the ball and dictate the pace of the game.

The centre of defence could be solved with Julius James, the U-20 boys, Yohance Marshall and I still find Bakr is a good player and allyuh was too hard on him. He could distribute from the back and he very composed and comfortable on the ball, despite his lack of pace.

The wing midfielders and wingbacks we have a whole set of them who could each stake a claim and it won't make much difference. With the lack of a genuine playmaker, Latas doing the right thing and keeping the creativity to the wing and keeping the middle solid (like Beenie did with him and the rest of the world doing with Messi, Ronaldo and Ribery)

The problem here is allyuh just talking bout replacing personnel couple things we have to be realistic about our defenders are not talented so just changing out one for the other is not necessarily a fix .... Julius will give you a solid game for 80 mins then f**kup for the next 10 mins he have concentration issues ,,,... Bakr is  a  s  s  l  o  w  a  s  a  s  n  a  i  l lets be honest more than likely that's why he didn't make it with Swansea and the union in the mls and that is where he gets caught out with the national team and make no mistake he does get caught out badly ...... The real problem is there is no coverage structure in place when  a man go who covers who diagonally etc and which defensive mid is  square .... he is just putting men out there and telling them play hard .... with no structure and its showing.... lil something going forward nothing defensively............ Nada!

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2010, 07:59:09 PM »
well guys i guess Lata need a defended coach as his assistant...

Offline trinikev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2010, 11:39:29 AM »
Much appreciated Touches  :beermug:
I support all Soca Warriors....Red, White and Blacklist

1]; } ?>