March 29, 2024, 01:00:26 AM

Author Topic: Jehue Gordon vs Kerron Clement !!  (Read 11365 times)

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: Jehue Gordon vs Kerron Clement !!
« Reply #30 on: September 21, 2010, 09:06:42 AM »
So we gone back to this "Clement is traitor" old talk  :D....I hear two sides of this story and dont know which one is true. One side is de man easily decided to run for the US when they offered and did not care about running for T&T..and de other side is the man wanted to run for T&T but the NAAA (T&T track federation) did not treat the man right and made his decision easier to run for the US...

at this point i really dont care...its water under the bridge

anyone knows where in T&T Clement grew up ?..and what school in T&T he used to run for ?...

that one sound more plausible...same thing happened to my cousin and he is the world's junior record holder in  the 110 highs. T&T track Fed eh worth one ass.

I can personally vouch for this. I spoke to Wayne Davis father at CARIFTA in CI this year and he told me that the NAAA is/was dragging their feet regarding him switching to T&T. So this could be a Kerron Clement II

Who is the president of the NAAA and does he read/respond to his emails?
Someone needs to send that guy a wake-up & smell the coffee email pronto!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Trini1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 21, 2010, 10:40:42 AM »
I think you may be able to find it on the NAAA website: http://www.ttnaaa.org/ but im not sure but  he does need one. WHy do they do this i dont understand. Don't they want T&T to shine at all? This happens in everything in T&T.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 21, 2010, 04:32:57 PM »
I had spoken to Wayne Davis Sr. about that and he did say that the association kept dragging its feet and they opted for the US after running out of patience. But his daughter does run the hurdles for TT I think. There always seem to be some issues with overseas born athletes or athletes born in TT but raised overseas. Well Ato is an exception( :notworthy:). A lots of times it is money issues. And some time it appears to be plain infighting in the association. Some may want the athlete, others may not. But Ato can give us a better insight. He went thru that process.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 21, 2010, 06:28:27 PM »
I had spoken to Wayne Davis Sr. about that and he did say that the association kept dragging its feet and they opted for the US after running out of patience. But his daughter does run the hurdles for TT I think. There always seem to be some issues with overseas born athletes or athletes born in TT but raised overseas. Well Ato is an exception( :notworthy:). A lots of times it is money issues. And some time it appears to be plain infighting in the association. Some may want the athlete, others may not. But Ato can give us a better insight. He went thru that process.

Deeks if what you say is true then our association is real crap because we to small to refuse any athletes.

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2010, 06:21:25 AM »
Well, one has to understand the process before drawing conclusions, and I confess I do not, and I am basing my comments on what I have read so far.

Yes, it's a travesty that T&T talent opts for US sponsorship, but I am not sure what kind of "money" these athletes and their parents are requesting upfront to represent T&T. If they love T&T, why they asking for money to represent? Even though Wayne Davis has shown his talents as a junior, he still needs to come to T&T, run as a guest in T&T champs, or even go further and qualify for a senior team, and perform well before he can get any monies from T&T - just as it is for any other T&T-based athlete (Jehue had to do so before getting support). The last thing we want are prima donnas getting incentives upfront before they even perform for T&T. I do not know about you all but T&T citizenship is not some kind of "liability" to be extorted. I am sure for instance if he was in the UK and wanted to run for the US, he'd have to make some compromise to be considered.

In addition, I doubt that the NAAA has the resources (especially financial) to compete with the USATF if the latter is indeed providing multi-year financial support. Without gov't subventions and sponsorship these guys can only raise money through bake sales and brams. But in fairness to the youth, it takes money to train, travel, and compete at a high level in the US, and maybe his parents may not have the resources. Should they continue to show interest in competing for T&T, in my view the only way that incentive programs for attracting and urging a 2-way commitment from talented and worthy athletes can happen are through 2 channels - 1. via the Min. of Sport (yes big mouth Spalk - if he could only forget about parlancing in Parliament and deal with these kinds of issues through his Permanent Secretary); and 2. private-sector sponsorship (and you know how stingy Trini rich people can be unless there is something in it for them).
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 07:50:27 AM by STMB »

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2010, 01:41:00 PM »
You are talking 20 years almost in between decisions I made in 1991 and what Jehue or a Kerron would have had to make. My situation was different because I had professional people around me saying this is the PRO this is the CON, and to me it was never even a debate in my mind.

By the time Jehue is done I don't think this Kerron tabanca will be what it is today.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2013, 03:34:58 PM »
Kerron Clement came last today Sam.

;D

Results from 400 Metres Hurdles finals - Men 15 AUG 2013 21:00

POS   BIB   ATHLETE   COUNTRY   MARK      REACTION TIME
1    1051    Jehue Gordon  TRI  47.69    WL    0.174 
2    1173    Michael Tinsley  USA  47.70    PB    0.133   
3    997    Emir Bekric  SRB  48.05    NR    0.202   
4    311    Omar Cisneros  CUB  48.12       0.219   
5    346    Felix Sánchez  DOM  48.22       0.175   
6    894    Javier Culson  PUR  48.38       0.189   
7    983    Mamadou Kasse Hanne SEN 48.68    0.195   
8    1116    Kerron Clement  USA  49.08    0.165

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2013, 03:39:59 PM »
I hope Kerron congratulated Jehue for his victory today speaking in his false American accent! :devil:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2013, 03:43:20 PM »
Hahahajaja.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2013, 06:58:23 PM »
 :applause: This thread deserves a slow clap.

Offline hg495

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2013, 07:05:25 PM »
I hope Kerron congratulated Jehue for his victory today speaking in his false American accent! :devil:
i hope suckbamcee kerron wash and kiss JEHUE foot.
if yuh never get ah buss toe playing small goal den yuh never play football in trini when yuh was small hehehehe

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2013, 07:43:59 PM »
Like allyuh ignore de rest ah de thread. I continue to wish Kerron well.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2013, 09:10:20 PM »
Give Kerron Clement the big box ah wipes.
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2013, 02:19:39 AM »
The Clement thing is not what you think it is. If you knew the real story you would end this ignorant thread.
BORN TO DO IT

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2013, 02:23:48 AM »
The Clement thing is not what you think it is. If you knew the real story you would end this ignorant thread.
This ignorant thread started by Sam had deservedly died and Sando revived/bumped it but I believe he was just on a little kicks!

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2013, 03:29:49 PM »
Kerron Clement is a much better 400m runner than Jehue Gordon is if we had him on our 4by4 relay team we would have meddled.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2013, 04:53:58 PM »
Kerron Clement is a much better 400m runner than Jehue Gordon is if we had him on our 4by4 relay team we would have meddled.
Jehue ran a good leg my friend, it was Lalonde who threw away our medal chances.

Take a look at the Men's 4x400m Relay Final here again:

2013 IAAF World Championships men 4x400m relay FINAL
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/qHxnFQwk01s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/qHxnFQwk01s</a>

August 16, 2013 The 14th IAAF World track and field championships in Moscow, Russia; Athletics: Men's 4x400 meter relay final

GOLD UNITED STATES USA 2:58.71 WL David Verburg Tony McQuay Arman Hall LaShawn Merritt
SILVER JAMAICA JAM 2:59.88 SB Rusheen McDonald Edino Steele Omar Johnson Javon Francis
BRONZE RUSSIA RUS 2:59.90 SB Maksim Dyldin Lev Mosin Sergey Petukhov Vladimir Krasnov

4 GREAT BRITAIN & N.I. GBR 3:00.88 Conrad Williams Martyn Rooney Michael Bingham Nigel Levine
5 BELGIUM BEL 3:01.02 Jonathan Borlée Kévin Borlée Dylan Borlée Will Oyowe
6 TRINIDAD & TOBAGO TRI 3:01.74 Renny Quow Lalonde Gordon Jehue Gordon Jarrin Solomon
7 BRAZIL BRA 3:02.19 Pedro Luiz de Oliveira Wagner Cardoso Anderson Henriques Hugo de Sousa
8 AUSTRALIA AUS 3:02.26 SB Steven Solomon Alexander Beck Craig Burns Tristan Thomas
14th IAAF World Championships RUSSIA Moscow (Luzhniki), RUSSIA 10 AUG 2013 - 18 AUG 2013

I am convinced that if Cedenio was used instead of a spent Lalonde in the Final and we ran our team in this order: Renny Quow >> Jarrin Solomon >> Machel Cedenio >> Jehue Gordon that we could have medalled and maybe have even set a new PB.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 07:38:06 PM by Socapro »

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2013, 05:39:44 PM »
actually both L.Gordon and J.Gordon splits were poor L.Gordon was around 46.2 J.Gordon was around 45.8 that's not good enough if you want to win a medal.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 19, 2013, 06:42:32 PM »
actually both L.Gordon and J.Gordon splits were poor L.Gordon was around 46.2 J.Gordon was around 45.8 that's not good enough if you want to win a medal.
Jehue made up ground on the Jamaican athlete who was ahead of him when he was handed the baton while Lalonde in contrast got the baton in 3rd place and ended up in 6th place on his leg so from that perspective Jehue ran a much better leg than Lalonde did.

Its clear that the race was lost for T&T on the 2nd leg and that the other two T&T athletes were left with an almost impossible task to make up the lost ground thereafter.

Btw why were you arguing about Kerron Clement running a faster leg for us? He has already made his name as a USA athlete and is no longer interesting in running for T&T so that argument is a bit pointless.

As I already said the order of Renny Quow >> Jarrin Solomon >> Machel Cedenio >> Jehue Gordon could have won us a silver or bronze medal but we seem to be unwilling to give Cedenio his opportunity to prove himself at the senior level.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 07:43:16 PM by Socapro »

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 19, 2013, 07:56:24 PM »
T&T time was 3:01:74 RUS was 2:59:90 that's a difference of 1:84 that means Marchal Cedino would have to run a 44.30 split there is no way in hell he can do that Dion Lendore's injury pretty much ended our chance of getting a medal.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 19, 2013, 08:45:48 PM »
T&T time was 3:01:74 RUS was 2:59:90 that's a difference of 1:84 that means Marchal Cedino would have to run a 44.30 split there is no way in hell he can do that Dion Lendore's injury pretty much ended our chance of getting a medal.
Fella we ran faster in the Heat than we did in the Final with Lalonde on the squad but the big difference was that Jarrin ran the 2nd leg. I think that putting Jarrin again on the 2nd leg in the Final would have meant that we would have at least maintained our 3rd position on that 2nd leg.
A fresh Cedenio in for a spent Lalonde would not have given up that position on the 3rd leg and Jehue would have run his heart out on the final lap to at least keep us in the bronze medal position to mount the podium once again. Jehue already proved he has the winning do or die attitude in the 400m hurdles final.

No one knows what time a hungry Cedenio would have run given the opportunity to run the 3rd or 4th leg in the final. I personally believe he would have announced his arrival as a young new 400m star at the senior level and would have run a mid to low 45 leg.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 09:09:01 PM by Socapro »

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2013, 09:51:13 PM »
Fella we ran faster in the Heat than we did in the Final with Lalonde on the squad but the big difference was that Jarrin ran the 2nd leg. I think that putting Jarrin again on the 2nd leg in the Final would have meant that we would have at least maintained our 3rd position on that 2nd leg.
A fresh Cedenio in for a spent Lalonde would not have given up that position on the 3rd leg and Jehue would have run his heart out on the final lap to at least keep us in the bronze medal position to mount the podium once again. Jehue already proved he has the winning do or die attitude in the 400m hurdles final.

No one knows what time a hungry Cedenio would have run given the opportunity to run the 3rd or 4th leg in the final. I personally believe he would have announced his arrival as a young new 400m star at the senior level and would have run a mid to low 45 leg.
I agree that's were the coach screwed up with jarrin not running the 2nd leg and we would have to do like Belgium and hope that M,Cedino and J.Gordon run the race of there lives and hold off the pack.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2013, 10:22:08 PM »

I agree that's were the coach screwed up with jarrin not running the 2nd leg and we would have to do like Belgium and hope that M,Cedino and J.Gordon run the race of there lives and hold off the pack.
I honestly believe they both would have ran the legs of their lives and we would have medalled but as you agreed the coaching staff screwed up by running a spent Lalonde on the 2nd leg.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2013, 01:14:40 PM »
Like allyuh ignore de rest ah de thread. I continue to wish Kerron well.
yuh know i used to be hard on this kid but I've since reconsidered... after all, he is still Trini, he is still one of our sons. All the best kid, hope you find your t&f way again.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 06, 2013, 04:48:53 AM »
F00CK Kerron "Traitor" Clement !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F00CK Aaron "Traitor" Maund !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #55 on: September 06, 2013, 06:57:11 PM »

sam yuh getting on like yuh have ah tabanca cause Kerron mash up yuh gul.

Jehue had a good race today and won yet yuh talking about clement.  clement is ah big man and he made his choice and none of us lived in his shoes so we cyah blasted talk.

let us be happy that jehue is the real deal.. the best athlete to come out of trini since Ato.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2014, 10:05:39 AM »

sam yuh getting on like yuh have ah tabanca cause Kerron mash up yuh gul.

Jehue had a good race today and won yet yuh talking about clement.  clement is ah big man and he made his choice and none of us lived in his shoes so we cyah blasted talk.

let us be happy that jehue is the real deal.. the best athlete to come out of trini since Ato.

Yea, and my gul is yuh mammy.

Is true, yuh find meh out.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 07, 2014, 10:05:57 AM »

1]; } ?>