April 27, 2024, 06:07:28 AM

Author Topic: MLS Team  (Read 2980 times)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
MLS Team
« on: July 25, 2010, 06:10:29 PM »
MLS Teams doing very well against Premier league teams this rounds. I know its friendlies, pre season and all that. Regardless the quality of football has been good. Today Kansas City with ten men from first half beat ManU 2-1. again displaying some good football. While NY deal with Man City

Well done
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
Re: MLS Team
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 06:13:28 PM »
Yeah just see dat. No doubt about the standard of play MLS is producing lately.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline future socawarrior

• Jr. Warrior
  • I can accept failure but i cant accept not trying
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2010, 06:21:55 PM »
thats for the dumb Trinis that think that PFL anywhere close to MLS.... :rotfl:

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2010, 07:01:11 PM »
thats for the dumb Trinis that think that PFL anywhere close to MLS.... :rotfl:

yuh lorse eh dey.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2010, 07:11:43 PM »
So wait, let me see if I get this straight, CB a few days ago said MLS is on the level of the lower championship/high league 1.  In an interview today Henry basically said don't get carried away w/these results it is pre-season but posters here believe somehow that the MLS level is on the up and up?
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Study the past if you would define the future"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2010, 07:19:56 PM »
But MLS is on the up. Every year, the league improves. Remember this league is fairly young. Look at the league when it first started. Then look at it in 2000, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2010.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2010, 08:06:34 PM »
stueps man utd play with a rel weak team. oh well , well done KC
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2010, 08:07:52 PM »
I don't care if these teams are in preseason or not the fact is that these same players could get together for four or five days with their national teams and play well.  So how come they get excused for their clubs just because it's preseason but the fact is most if not all of them that played these last couple games have been together for the last three or more weeks?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 09:05:09 PM by JERSEY TRINI »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2010, 08:46:45 PM »
So wait, let me see if I get this straight, CB a few days ago said MLS is on the level of the lower championship/high league 1.  In an interview today Henry basically said don't get carried away w/these results it is pre-season but posters here believe somehow that the MLS level is on the up and up?

There's no denying that MLS is on the up and up... only question is exactly how "up" de present "up" really is.  When you look at the fact that most of the US MNT roster are MLS alumns, and even some who get left off the roster are presently plying their trades in Europe (Adu and Eddie Johnson being among the most notable; think what you want of them), it'PFs pretty indicative of the overall improvement of the quality of the players.  Quality of the players itself is indicative of the overall quality of the league.

PFL have quite a ways to go in order to be on the same level... that is the central point here.

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2010, 10:42:13 PM »

regardless or should I say irregardless  ;D of whether or not it is preseason EPL teams are being presented with quality opposition and that is all that matters. MLS is still in its adolescent stage and in a few years will mature into a pretty thriving and vibrant league.

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2010, 10:56:38 PM »
weak mi rass hush allyuh c**t.. ley USA  come play TNT a basketball game and TNT win hear allyuh. I live in USA and am proud to be living here I support all dem kids who born here , leave basket ball ,and di game wey dey does throw a ball and a big fat man does ketch it and run. I cya call it rugby and mi cya call it football.  mi eh know what to call it it so f**kin gay..  rounders and all de other funny man game to play the world #1 sport Football. USA baby MLS f**k machester united and faggison or watever dey call him.

war
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2010, 11:09:47 PM »
I watch d NY - Man City game - it was fairly even, and de fella named Dane Richards (or something similar) looked like a decent player. Man City were playing some decent offensive stuff, but didnt really make much effort defensively, no tackling etc. Red Bulls deserved their win.

But lets not forget Man City had no Tevez, Toure (x2), De Jong, Vieira, Barry, SWP, Lescott, Kompany, Silva, Kolarov, Zabaleta, Boateng. To name a few.

Realistically, Man City wudda blow dem out if necessary. Even widout all de star players.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2010, 04:51:39 AM »
I don't think anyone is saying the MLS is in comparison, a premium league. What I noticed is that the
quality of football on display by a few teams is much better. From 2006 to present I really felt the MLS looked liked a glorified University league, with the loss of players like Valderama and Echevery. However, in 2010 clubs have invested wisely in some quality players and the football on display is of a higher quality.  RSL, KC, LA, Dallas, NY, Chicago to name a few.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2010, 07:21:50 AM »
I don't think anyone is saying the MLS is in comparison, a premium league. What I noticed is that the
quality of football on display by a few teams is much better. From 2006 to present I really felt the MLS looked liked a glorified University league, with the loss of players like Valderama and Echevery. However, in 2010 clubs have invested wisely in some quality players and the football on display is of a higher quality.  RSL, KC, LA, Dallas, NY, Chicago to name a few.

This I agree w/, as far as the level of MLS, I will not use these friendlies as a barometer to evaluate the league level, others feel free to do so, the Concacaf CL is a much better barometer IMO to evaluate the league's level viz-a-viz the rest of concacaf, will see how the MLS teams perform this upcoming CCL.
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2010, 08:13:51 AM »

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2010, 08:45:09 AM »
Dane Richards... He is a rel hit or miss. Ask any jamaican

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2010, 03:33:23 PM »

so how de F^&K it is dat some men could dress back and make such simple brilliant analysis of a situation..while others does just continue to talk ah pack ah arseness?

really Observer? so yuh mean wid all dese foreign nationals/internationals (granted some might be past dey sell-by dates) playing in de league, de league has improved??? (sarcastic question)

Of course de kiss-meh-foot league improve!

Dais why last year ah ask someone back home to tell me whether we PFL on par or better than MLS? Cause after  watching some MLS game last year, I decided that if we PFL even on par wid MLS...we in good shape!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2010, 06:18:15 PM »
Seriously if T&T had anything equivalent to the MLS I would be a very happy man and &T football would sky rocket.  When i home and go to games, I have to look around and think I in the wrong place, because is only when teams run out I realize they actually have ah match.
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2010, 06:59:46 PM »
Seriously if T&T had anything equivalent to the MLS I would be a very happy man and &T football would sky rocket.  When i home and go to games, I have to look around and think I in the wrong place, because is only when teams run out I realize they actually have ah match.

Even after they run out sometimes yuh still in doubt...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2010, 08:14:52 PM »
Bottom line is that there no longer is an extreme gulf in quality across all leagues, teams from MLS being competitive against Premier League teams.

Look in concacaf champions league some of our own PFL teams were very competitive against MLS and Mexican clubs.

The quality of the PFL as a product has more to do with how it was marketed in the past. The league is making strides to address this.

I believe the only thing missing from propeling leagues like the MLS and PFL further is the introduction of a promotion/relegation league structure. This will inherently force clubs to improve or suffer the financial and competitive losses.

Already the concacaf champs league with its revenue potential has trickled down into the PFL this season with teams making strides to add quality to their squads with the goal of qualifying for the regional tourney.

Things will get better with time.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2010, 09:04:18 PM »
I watch d NY - Man City game - it was fairly even, and de fella named Dane Richards (or something similar) looked like a decent player.

One trick speed pony.  Theo Walcott west of the Atlantic... at very best.

...or Red Bulls watcher.

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2010, 09:28:52 PM »
I watch d NY - Man City game - it was fairly even, and de fella named Dane Richards (or something similar) looked like a decent player.

One trick speed pony.  Theo Walcott west of the Atlantic... at very best.

...or Red Bulls watcher.

For real.

1]; } ?>