April 28, 2024, 05:47:26 PM

Author Topic: France World Cup squad suspended  (Read 3141 times)

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
France World Cup squad suspended
« on: July 23, 2010, 12:15:49 PM »
France World Cup squad suspended for Norway friendly

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/8849972.stm

The French Football Federation has suspended all 23 members of France's World Cup squad for their next game.

New France coach Laurent Blanc requested that no member of the squad be selected for a friendly against Norway in Oslo on 11 August.

France failed to win any of their three group games in South Africa.

The campaign included players boycotting training in support of Nicolas Anelka, who was sent home for insulting coach Raymond Domenech.

The sanction means France's opening qualifier for Euro 2012, at home to Belarus on 3 September, will be the first opportunity for any of the 23 to feature in a Blanc squad.

Blanc said: "I obviously cannot act as if nothing had happened in South Africa.

"I followed the events with sadness, I was disappointed with the sporting results and I was shocked by certain behaviours.

"I will integrate these elements into my analysis and my thoughts. I always had the principles, rules of conduct and not just in my sporting life. They have not changed and I will not change."

The crisis that engulfed Domenech's last tournament as national coach resulted in the resignation of FFF president Jean-Pierre Escalettes, with his successor due to be unveiled on Friday.

The one-day training strike, on 20 June, came after Chelsea forward Anelka was sent home from the tournament following a heated exchange with Domenech at half-time during the defeat to Mexico on 17 June.

France captain Patrice Evra accused a "traitor" within the party of leaking details of Anelka's rant to the media and of destabilising the squad, and the skipper was then seen arguing with fitness coach Robert Duverne at the start of the scheduled training session.

Duverne stormed off the training ground and the players headed for their bus and refused to train, leaving Domenech to read a statement to the press on their behalf.

Former France defenders Lilian Thuram and Marcel Desailly called for Evra to be banned from national team duty over his part in the insurrection, and Escalettes took a similar stance.

But Blanc said upon his unveiling as Domenech's successor: "It is not for me to decide on sanctions. I am not the bogeyman. If I consider they are the best players in their position, I will take them."

Goalkeeper Hugo Lloris has admitted that the decision to strike was "completely stupid".

The Lyon star told French sports newspaper L'Equipe: "We acted as a team. To strike was the decision of a squad who felt lonely, who believed that no-one had stood up for them and who had a message to convey.

"We went too far. It was a very awkward decision, a big mistake. It was completely stupid. But there were so many problems.

"We all want to improve the image of Les Bleus. We must make all possible effort, give everything. It's important for us.

"We must go back to basics - respect for the jersey, of course, the team and the institution of France.

"We have a great desire that what happened in South Africa should not happen again, that there should be no self-destruction like that any more."

Meanwhile Fernand Duchaussoy has been named as the FFF's interim president.

President of the Ligue du Football Amateur since 2005, the 67-year-old Fernand Duchaussoy succeeds Jean-Pierre Escalettes, whose resignation was accepted at a 2 July 2 meeting of the federation's federal council but stayed on until a successor could be found.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: France World Cup squad suspended
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 01:11:06 PM »
Let's c how long it last?
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 01:16:29 PM »
How quickly Blanc forget he too was a player.

He actin all high and mighty now.  Is dem same players he go come to rely on to keep he wuk doh.  See if dey go play fuh him.

Blanc panderin to de popular sentiment.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2010, 01:25:44 PM »

He actin all high and mighty now.  Is dem same players he go come to rely on to keep he wuk doh.  See if dey go play fuh him.

When dey strt 2 get licks dem same peeps go b singin another tune.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2010, 02:15:41 PM »

I mussbe real out of it yes.

I just cant justify a player disrespecting the coach in front of the squad and expect to remain part of the squad.

And then the rest of the squad taking strike action because they felt the sanction was unjust.

Some french players in particular feel because they may have excelled professionally they are beyond reproach. They want to select the squad, have a say in who plays and tell the coaching staff whatever they want.

Actions have consequences, take the ban and move on, if players want to hold grudge and not play for the coach. It have dozens of men waiting in the wings who willing to give 110% for the shirt and the french people.

Something hadda give
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2010, 02:29:35 PM »

I just cant justify a player disrespecting the coach in front of the squad and expect to remain part of the squad.

And then the rest of the squad taking strike action because they felt the sanction was unjust.

Some french players in particular feel because they may have excelled professionally they are beyond reproach. They want to select the squad, have a say in who plays and tell the coaching staff whatever they want.

Actions have consequences, take the ban and move on, if players want to hold grudge and not play for the coach. It have dozens of men waiting in the wings who willing to give 110% for the shirt and the french people.

Something hadda give

If THE ENTIRE TEAM take the same decision....what that really sayin about who is the culprit and who should face consequences?

People can only take so much.  The coach been forkane up since after WC 2006.  NOBODY wanted to play for him....Platini and all a dem did say he was a waste of time.  Yet the French Federation insist on keeping him as coach.  Now that the shit hit de fan, is de players fault all of a sudden?  You have Internationally respected players like Thierry Henry who were part of the decision making for the action taken, regrettable as it was, but Blanc and everybody passin dem mout on de players?

Have yuh consequences.  See wha go happen when Blanc call on some a dem same players he wash he mout on to bail his ass out.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2010, 03:06:52 PM »

Something hadda give

If THE ENTIRE TEAM take the same decision....what that really sayin about who is the culprit and who should face consequences?

People can only take so much.  The coach been forkane up since after WC 2006.  NOBODY wanted to play for him....Platini and all a dem did say he was a waste of time.  Yet the French Federation insist on keeping him as coach.  Now that the shit hit de fan, is de players fault all of a sudden?  You have Internationally respected players like Thierry Henry who were part of the decision making for the action taken, regrettable as it was, but Blanc and everybody passin dem mout on de players?

Have yuh consequences.  See wha go happen when Blanc call on some a dem same players he wash he mout on to bail his ass out.

If the players had an issue with the coach since 2006 why didnt they raise it with the federation? The whole world knew of the struggles during qualifying and the unceremonious back door to qualify.

There was enough time to make changes if the whole team was not behind the coach. If they got rid of Domenech after qualifying, they surely couldnt do any worse than they did in SA with another coach who had the full confidence of the team.

As far as I see it, justice prevails, the entire house of cards coming down with resignations at all levels. Maybe this is what they need to start a fresh. But if the players felt strong enough to take such an action then they shouldnt gripe with the sanction.

Blanc is the coach now, if man want to hol tabanca for sitting out one meaningless friendly then daz dem yes. They will be le gone
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2010, 03:12:36 PM »
Nothing.... NOTHING could justify putting a whole nation to shame like that.

Study the man who save up his hard earned money for 4 years to go to South Africa and have to put it with all that drama. That alone is reason to run amok.

Let them fellahs face the music, its only a 1 game ban anyway.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2010, 03:32:40 PM »
france have reall talent...the squad they call up for the next game go STILL have reall talent in it...man like nasri, benzema, obertan

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2010, 04:26:31 PM »
All yu worrying about France and we in more shyt than them,is four years now and our players can't play,take care of your own before you start taking on what other countries should or should not do.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2010, 04:28:32 PM »
tell dem coops

LETS STORM THE TTFF ELECTIONS WITH PLACK CARDS AND A TV CREW
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2010, 06:08:05 PM »
All yu worrying about France and we in more shyt than them,is four years now and our players can't play,take care of your own before you start taking on what other countries should or should not do.

EASIER 2 study d French because we eh even know when d TTFF havin an election all we know according 2 d Fearless 1 is dat it move from Oct to Aug. So leh we discuss d French.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2010, 07:27:12 PM »

palos I disagree! He stated clearly that is not his responsibility to impart sanctions. "It is not for me to decide on sanctions. I am not the bogeyman. If I consider they are the best players in their position, I will take them." The Federation states that they are sanctioned then they must serve their sanction. The same happened with Ballack and the German federation. Once it is over Blanc can make his selections.
Don' throw in Platini now. Platini was a big part in placing pressure on the FFF to keep Domenech after Euro 2008.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2010, 09:13:24 PM »

Something hadda give

Yeah you real out of it.  It is amazing to me how the media has totally distorted the focus of this incident... and like sheep allyuh men totally buying it.

This issue is NOT about Nicholas Anelka... that is what the FFF and the French media want people to believe.  They need to create fall guys in this fiasco of their own doing and so they criticizing the players.  I don't pretend to know more than others, certainly not more than Dessaily and Thuram and them, but I reading between the lines and to me it's clear what the issue is.  Here is how I see it:

1. Justified or not Anelka say what he had to say.

2. Anelka say it, the team (as every team SHOULD do) circle the wagons and decide to deal with it in-house.

3. Somehow the event got leaked to the French media... and the source was clearly from within the team, given the circmstances.

4. Evra pegged it right when he called the source of the leak a "traitor"

5. Acting on what was reported in the media... not even from first-hand accounts, the FFF decide to suspend Anelka w/o even talking to the player.

6. The players didn't appreciate how that went down and strike.

My take could be wrong... but that is how things played out in every objective account I read.

Now looking closer at the situation.

1. Anelka might have been right to speak out... FINALLY... after all de bullshit with Domenech and he merry-go-round line ups, psychics, astrologers and tarot cards.  HOWEVER, I disagree with HOW Anelka went about things, and disagree with the unnecessary personal comments directed at the coach.  The disrespect was unnecessary.  So the FFF was right to discipline Anelka.

2. What happens in the clubhouse should have stayed in the clubhouse.

3. The players seemed convinced that the source of the leak was the head trainer, which is why he was targeted for criticism and embarrassment by the team.

4. See above.

5. The FFF do real shit with how they went about disciplining Anelka.  Again, is not what they do, but how they do it.  You don't kick a man off the team, suspend him, fire him or whatever, on the strength of rumors and hearsay.  Even if you confirm it from Domenech own mouth, you at least have to give Anelka a chance to say his side before you take action.  That is only fair and right.

6. The players absolutely within their right to protest how things went down... I disappointed to hear men like Lloris now saying it was "stupid" and what not.  This ent much different from we own blacklist situation.  The facts different but the underlying principle is the same, they telling management that they can't screw with the players any and any old way, that they have to treat the players more like partners.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2010, 09:20:21 PM »
Nothing.... NOTHING could justify putting a whole nation to shame like that.

Study the man who save up his hard earned money for 4 years to go to South Africa and have to put it with all that drama. That alone is reason to run amok.

Let them fellahs face the music, its only a 1 game ban anyway.

This is nonsense.  That come like the same shit frico does be saying here on this forum... how dare de players and dem be so selfish tuh put they money before country... if not fuh players greed we woulda be in South Africa.

This talk about man saving up he money fuh 4 years come like fans at de England game booing when man try tuh protest in they black T-shirt tuh highlight de nonsense.  It come like man on here saying they not wearing no black because sun go be hot.

In short is ah inability to see the forest because of the very large trees in front yuh eyes.  What the FFF did by summarily dismissing Anelka w/o even hearing his side... I wouldn't even throw in de appropriate legal term "due process"... I'll just use "process".  There has to be some sort of process by which you discipline a player... and that process must begin with a hearing.  The minute the players allow the FFF to do what it like then that establishes a precedent for them to act high-handed... something we know all to well dealing with Jack.  Who master drop ah player... or blacklist a whole team like Jack?  But then again, you find he's de best 'administrator' TnT ever had so maybe that's why you not seeing the players side of this neither.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2010, 09:28:34 PM »
palos I disagree! He stated clearly that is not his responsibility to impart sanctions.

Blanc begin he tenure by talking out both sides ah he mouth.  How he go bawl is not he responsibility to impart sanctions yet he self is de one ask the Federation not to select any of the 23 for the next match?  Maybe something getting lost here in de translation.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2010, 09:40:37 PM »
In short is ah inability to see the forest because of the very large trees in front yuh eyes.  What the FFF did by summarily dismissing Anelka w/o even hearing his side... I wouldn't even throw in de appropriate legal term "due process"... I'll just use "process".  There has to be some sort of process by which you discipline a player... and that process must begin with a hearing.  The minute the players allow the FFF to do what it like then that establishes a precedent for them to act high-handed... something we know all to well dealing with Jack.  Who master drop ah player... or blacklist a whole team like Jack?  But then again, you find he's de best 'administrator' TnT ever had so maybe that's why you not seeing the players side of this neither.
[/quote]

I'm not sure what was reported on this side of the world, but officially, Anelka was not dismissed for his behaviour towards Domenech. He was dismissed because he was asked to apologise to him (either publicly or in front of his other team mates) and allegedly refused to do so.

Anelka is not the first player to be sent home from a world cup: recent memory reminds me that Zahovic of Slovenia and Roy Keane of Ireland, both star players of their respective teams were sent home before the end of their tournaments. I'm not sure if any "due process" was followed in those situations.

If you want to be the devil's advocate, you can compare it to having a ship engaged in a sea battle. If any sailor decides to spark a mutiny, while it might be admirable to engage in due process and work things out, for the purposes of the battle it might be viewed as best to clap him in irons and throw him in the brig until the battle is finished, short of throwing him overboard.

The court martial can be done when you get back to port.

It might sound harsh, but I can understand the logic.
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2010, 09:47:20 PM »

I'm not sure what was reported on this side of the world, but officially, Anelka was not dismissed for his behaviour towards Domenech. He was dismissed because he was asked to apologise to him (either publicly or in front of his other team mates) and allegedly refused to do so.

Anelka is not the first player to be sent home from a world cup: recent memory reminds me that Zahovic of Slovenia and Roy Keane of Ireland, both star players of their respective teams were sent home before the end of their tournaments. I'm not sure if any "due process" was followed in those situations.

If you want to be the devil's advocate, you can compare it to having a ship engaged in a sea battle. If any sailor decides to spark a mutiny, while it might be admirable to engage in due process and work things out, for the purposes of the battle it might be viewed as best to clap him in irons and throw him in the brig until the battle is finished, short of throwing him overboard.

The court martial can be done when you get back to port.

It might sound harsh, but I can understand the logic.

The mutiny analogy doh work because in any military structure there is no partnership and no democracy.  There is a clear line of authority and it must never be challenged.  In any national football set up (excepting TnT of course  ::) ) there is a partnership between players and management and neither side gets to unilaterally change the equation.  Forget 'due process', having an established process/procedure/protocol in place when it comes to any action (such as disciplinary ones) which negatively impact one side or the other, as is the case in this regard is not merely "admirable", it is necessary.  you MUST have some established agreed upon way of doing things, and you can't decide to pick and choose on your own when to use it.

Again... the focus on Anelka is misplaced.  Whether he get send home for what he said or for refusing to take back what was said it was the manner in which the FFF dealt with the situation that spurred the players action.  Anelka was given a chance to take back what was said... but not by the FFF, it was domenech and the team administration who gave him the opportunity to apologize.  That is what I get from the situation.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 09:50:29 PM by Bake n Shark »

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2010, 08:17:15 AM »
palos I disagree! He stated clearly that is not his responsibility to impart sanctions.

Blanc begin he tenure by talking out both sides ah he mouth.  How he go bawl is not he responsibility to impart sanctions yet he self is de one ask the Federation not to select any of the 23 for the next match?  Maybe something getting lost here in de translation.

I understand that, but he did not sanction the players. What he did was in my view very wise. This way he distances himself from a situation he had nothing to do with. He then decided not use a single player for the Norway game. This way no one player is singled out by Blanc, and everyone is treated the same way. Again I applaud, he did not make believe nothing happened and buried his head in the sand.
Anelk eh no angel he has fell out with other National team coaches in the past. here is Anelka's quote after the Costa Rica game played in Martinique.

Anelka, who will be playing in his first World Cup in South Africa after a succession of fall-outs with previous France bosses, has stood up for Domenech: "He is the only national manager with whom I can talk and I have known several — so even if people are angry with him, I appreciate him."

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2010, 09:06:24 AM »
On another note check this potential French team for the Norway game. Dam!

When you consider a selection of potentially a first 23 not playing and Benzema problems in the news. However Benzema may well be a starter.

Ruffier
                                                     Frey

Chalme      Mexes   Escude       Cissokho
                                                           Rami

L. Diarra       Sissoko
                                                                 Capoue

Remy             Nasri        Ben Arfa
                                                        Pedretti   Nasri

Gameiro
                                   Saha
Subs
Ciani
Boumsong
Cheyrou 
Flamini

Thomas Paine

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2010, 09:25:03 AM »

I agree with the sentiment expressed by Observer. Blanc is making a coaching decision that does not alienate the players to any significant degree. He could have stated a draconian position but he didn't ... instead iz lehwe vibes Norway with new blood and assess things after that ... two processes being fulfilled that way ... the quality of the rendition by the 23 new players AND the political/administrative scene involving the old guard and the new administration ...

Anyone who has followed Windies cricket even loosely since the days of Kerry Packer, the 'honorary white' apartheid players into more recent controversies (Lara in a London hotel etc) should be able to decipher what the scene is here and how the dust will settle.

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2010, 09:31:19 AM »

Something hadda give

Yeah you real out of it.  It is amazing to me how the media has totally distorted the focus of this incident... and like sheep allyuh men totally buying it.

This issue is NOT about Nicholas Anelka... that is what the FFF and the French media want people to believe.  They need to create fall guys in this fiasco of their own doing and so they criticizing the players.  I don't pretend to know more than others, certainly not more than Dessaily and Thuram and them, but I reading between the lines and to me it's clear what the issue is.  Here is how I see it:

1. Justified or not Anelka say what he had to say.

2. Anelka say it, the team (as every team SHOULD do) circle the wagons and decide to deal with it in-house.

3. Somehow the event got leaked to the French media... and the source was clearly from within the team, given the circmstances.

4. Evra pegged it right when he called the source of the leak a "traitor"

5. Acting on what was reported in the media... not even from first-hand accounts, the FFF decide to suspend Anelka w/o even talking to the player.

6. The players didn't appreciate how that went down and strike.

My take could be wrong... but that is how things played out in every objective account I read.

Now looking closer at the situation.

1. Anelka might have been right to speak out... FINALLY... after all de bullshit with Domenech and he merry-go-round line ups, psychics, astrologers and tarot cards.  HOWEVER, I disagree with HOW Anelka went about things, and disagree with the unnecessary personal comments directed at the coach.  The disrespect was unnecessary.  So the FFF was right to discipline Anelka.

2. What happens in the clubhouse should have stayed in the clubhouse.

3. The players seemed convinced that the source of the leak was the head trainer, which is why he was targeted for criticism and embarrassment by the team.

4. See above.

5. The FFF do real shit with how they went about disciplining Anelka.  Again, is not what they do, but how they do it.  You don't kick a man off the team, suspend him, fire him or whatever, on the strength of rumors and hearsay.  Even if you confirm it from Domenech own mouth, you at least have to give Anelka a chance to say his side before you take action.  That is only fair and right.

6. The players absolutely within their right to protest how things went down... I disappointed to hear men like Lloris now saying it was "stupid" and what not.  This ent much different from we own blacklist situation.  The facts different but the underlying principle is the same, they telling management that they can't screw with the players any and any old way, that they have to treat the players more like partners.

nah I don't think you could stop at six. everything well and good and understandable up to six.  but 7) the players decide to miss a valuable day of practice. one out of 2 or 3.  when they needed it most.  that is not understandable.  that is a disrespect to every french national. that is a disrespect to france.  it have 4 years after the cup to work all them issues with the coach out, but a time and place for everything under the sun and that was not it.

i put some space to add something separate - anelka was playing tonnes of shit anyway so if the coach can't tell him that then who could?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2010, 09:54:58 AM »
I agree with the sentiment expressed by Observer. Blanc is making a coaching decision that does not alienate the players to any significant degree. He could have stated a draconian position but he didn't ... instead iz lehwe vibes Norway with new blood and assess things after that ... two processes being fulfilled that way ... the quality of the rendition by the 23 new players AND the political/administrative scene involving the old guard and the new administration ...

Anyone who has followed Windies cricket even loosely since the days of Kerry Packer, the 'honorary white' apartheid players into more recent controversies (Lara in a London hotel etc) should be able to decipher what the scene is here and how the dust will settle.

Of course I don't think the players should be sanctioned... but even if we was to agree that they should be sanctioned then call it just that.  You and Observer make good points as far as why Blanc's move might turn out to be a master-stroke.  However if that is the case then call a spade a spade.  A sanction by any other name is still a sanction... and by requesting that none of them be selected that is a tacit suspension.  To use the labor analogy that come like management suspending striking workers and bringing in scab labor to cross the picket line.  Whether is for one day or not, or whether all get punish and not just one... if the situation is that indeed Anelka was suspended without benefit of some sort of hearing then the players have a legitimate gripe.

--------------------------------------------------

Kounty, again... I think the focus on Anelka's actions is misplaced, on the surface it might appear as though the players supported him and get disciplined for that, but I don't think the players were supporting his actions or the right of the coaching staff/Federation to discipline him.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2010, 05:33:34 PM »
On another note check this potential French team for the Norway game. Dam!

When you consider a selection of potentially a first 23 not playing and Benzema problems in the news. However Benzema may well be a starter.

Ruffier
                                                     Frey

Chalme      Mexes   Escude       Cissokho
                                                           Rami

L. Diarra       Sissoko
                                                                 Capoue

Remy             Nasri        Ben Arfa
                                                        Pedretti   Nasri

Gameiro
                                   Saha
Subs
Ciani
Boumsong
Cheyrou 
Flamini

Is this supposed to be some sort of a bomb squad? Diarra and Nasri are the only two I really rate.
I don't see Frey back in the national team setup given his age and past issues with the NT.

Escude has consistently shat on himself in the blue shirt. Benzema is not far off since his move to Real. Ben Arfa has issues that he still hasn't worked out. As far as I know, there is no way that Kevin Gameiro is anywhere close to starting a match for les Bleues, suspension or no suspension. Remy is highly overated.

I assume one of the Cissokho's is Moussa, is the other one Ali? I thought he was cameroonian or something?

It would be good for Saha to get a look, though with his luck, if he gets called he'll pull up in training....
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2010, 09:36:32 AM »
No it a potential squad based on the fact that 23 players are suspended for the Norway game. Blanc may pick none of these players. I just making football conversation.

Frey is 30 yrs old. By goalkeeping standards that is a youth and the true question should be is he good enough.

Moussa Sissoko is a 20 yr old with huge potential and has already played for France senior team. I for one like him and predict he will go far

Remy is 23 and can certainly develop into an exciting International in the wide right position.

William Remy is young but steady and can certainly replace Escude. That is why I have those players in Italic

Benoît Pedretti is a play maker for Auxeere and if you follow French football as clearly you do, I am sure you are aware of him and his qualities.

Ben Arfa issues or no issues has huge potential and under the right management could be one of France's best players.
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2010, 05:49:56 PM »
No it a potential squad based on the fact that 23 players are suspended for the Norway game. Blanc may pick none of these players. I just making football conversation.
an actual football convo? Sorry about that. These are getting so rare around here I almost didn't recognise :D By all means, let's get into it

Frey is 30 yrs old. By goalkeeping standards that is a youth and the true question should be is he good enough.

Agree on both  counts; just thought he was older.

Moussa Sissoko is a 20 yr old with huge potential and has already played for France senior team. I for one like him and predict he will go far
I know about him and I'm cautiously optimistic. Who's the other one?

Remy is 23 and can certainly develop into an exciting International in the wide right position.
again, though he was older, but still not sold. I could be wrong though

William Remy is young but steady and can certainly replace Escude. That is why I have those players in Italic
didn't really watch the italicised guys. Rami is quality.

Benoît Pedretti is a play maker for Auxeere and if you follow French football as clearly you do, I am sure you are aware of him and his qualities.
Another italicised guy. He's a good player, but has developped a reputation for underperforming in pressure situations. I just think his ship has sailed; he's either a very late bloomer or just a guy who hasn't lived up to promise.

Ben Arfa issues or no issues has huge potential and under the right management could be one of France's best players.
I always say potential is a dime a dozen on the streets of Rio (or a panside depending on who you ask). As recently as January, Deschamps was exasperated with him and wanted to get rid of him. By June he had played himself on to Domenech's provisional squad (under Deschamps)
Life is strange. We'll see how it goes.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2010, 06:34:21 PM »
Here are some others to consider.

GK  Landreau
LB  Tremoulinas   Blanc knows him well. I like his consistency
CB  Koscielny  Maybe not now that he is at Arsenal hahahah
MF Mvila  dont think he wll get selected but I like him. Also Mavuba I am not a big fan. I dont think they will get selected in front of the two I listed

ST Gameiro I listed him because he score 17 goals in 35 games last season. Second in France. I would love to see him and Saha

A big consideration at ST should also go to Hoarau (spelling ?) he is consistent.
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2010, 08:02:11 PM »
Here are some others to consider.

GK  Landreau
Hell no. He's had multiple bites at the cherry and has been found wanting many times. Reference the goal Scotland scored to beat France in France in qualifying for Euro 08. He's never been better than third string

LB  Tremoulinas   Blanc knows him well. I like his consistency Good player
CB  Koscielny  Maybe not now that he is at Arsenal hahahah Don't know him at all, but chances are if he's at Arsenal he'll actually get an automatic cap...

MF Mvila  dont think he wll get selected but I like him. Also Mavuba I am not a big fan. I dont think they will get selected in front of the two I listed Don't think so either, especially not Mavuba

ST Gameiro I listed him because he score 17 goals in 35 games last season. Second in France. I would love to see him and Saha you live and you learn. If he had those stats at Lorient, he must be something

A big consideration at ST should also go to Hoarau (spelling ?) he is consistent.
Definitely.

1]; } ?>