April 24, 2024, 09:41:55 AM

Author Topic: Man City's Squad  (Read 5117 times)

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Man City's Squad
« on: July 26, 2010, 01:22:23 PM »
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,15126_6280116,00.html

Incredible!

The potential first XI
Given
Kolarov
K Toure
Lescott
Richards
Johnson
De Jong
Y Toure
Silva
Tevez
Adebayor

The potential second XI
Hart
Bridge
Boateng
Kompany
Zabaleta
Robinho
Barry
Vieira
Wright-Phillips
Bellamy
Santa-Cruz

The "reserves"

Ireland
Jo
Weiss
Onuoha
Garrido
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 01:24:45 PM by Ryan »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Man City's Squad
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 01:29:23 PM »
Toure, Lescott and Richards each good for a school boy error on any given day and De Jong is a hack...

Good squad otherwise. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 01:41:01 PM »
epl contenders on paper fo sho.

still debating spending mih hard earned $ to go see them in atlanta wednesday nite vs. america.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 01:53:16 PM »
how you could have robinho on the second 11.

you crazy

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Study the past if you would define the future"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 01:56:25 PM »
Out of them,

Robinho, Ireland, Bellamy, Santa Cruz, Wright-Philips and DeJong might bounce

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2010, 02:33:59 PM »
Toure, Lescott and Richards each good for a school boy error on any given day and De Jong is a hack...

Good squad otherwise. 

Yuh hate Barca so much
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2010, 03:28:13 PM »

Good squad otherwise. 

Yuh hate Barca so much

lol was talking about Kolo...

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2010, 03:51:53 PM »
Balotelli go be in there soon. Hart or Given (both # 1s), Lescott, Bridge, Adebayor, Bellamy(maybe), Ireland(maybe) might all be gone b4 d start of the season. I think Robinho stays and Jo might have a breakout season finally. Maybe by the End of next week "Man City's Squad" thread gna have to be re-done

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2010, 05:41:02 PM »
Kompany and Boateng starting before Lescott and Richards.

Adebayor good for a bench too, robinho or Bellamy will displace him, doh talk for when Balotelli show up, or Milner.

I don't know what they plan to do with Donovan
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2010, 08:53:45 PM »
Bellamy made for the EPL, I doubt they will bench him.

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2010, 09:12:44 PM »
Robinho dont want to come back so i dont think he should even be considered for now

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2010, 09:29:26 PM »
Donovan not going dah side. He too smart for dah

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2010, 05:33:15 AM »
I am a Chelsea fan and i know what it is like to have new ownership and lots of money to spend, but I find ManCity over doing it........geez and ages.......

I just read this morning that Mancini say that Bellamy and Ireland might not make his 25 man premier league squad.

maddness
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2010, 06:27:16 AM »
I am a Chelsea fan and i know what it is like to have new ownership and lots of money to spend,

maddness

A nice kinda feel good freshness ent...like putting on a new pair of drawers, or bathing by the standpipe with a blue soap.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2010, 07:46:04 AM »
yeah i mean chelsea had a lot of money but they invested in a project of building a side rather than a collection of stars.. Robben, Essien, Glen Johnson, Del Horno, Ferreira, Carvalho, Makalele, Crespo, Drogba were by no means there as yet in terms of star power when they came on board..

This was until of course Roman get greedy and rip up the blueprint to go for Sheva and Ballack.

Man City just moving utterly wild now with it.

Been waiting a long time to be able to say this from the other end of the table, "Man City are ruining football!!"   :D

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2010, 08:16:07 AM »
yeah i mean chelsea had a lot of money but they invested in a project of building a side rather than a collection of stars.. Robben, Essien, Glen Johnson, Del Horno, Ferreira, Carvalho, Makalele, Crespo, Drogba were by no means there as yet in terms of star power when they came on board..

This was until of course Roman get greedy and rip up the blueprint to go for Sheva and Ballack.

Man City just moving utterly wild now with it.

Been waiting a long time to be able to say this from the other end of the table, "Man City are ruining football!!"   :D

Whateva...dais jus talk...Man City eh moving so wild as all that...The list of Chelsea names you call dey was as much as if not more recognizeable at the time than Man City's acquisitions as far as star quality goes.

Robben, Essien, Makalele, Crespo, Ferreira and Drogba were all huge signings- maybe not yet 100% proven (except for Makalele and Crespo), and because many of them were defensive players it may seem less glamorous...but dem fellas weren't no diamonds in the rough being bought for growth and future development- they were big talents brought in for instant success... and as you say, Ballack & Sheva were uber stars...

Man City is paying big big money for very good players but in all fairness none of the most recent acquisitions are "stars" per se.  Tevez, Adebayor and Robinho are the biggest "names" in the club...Robinho may be on the out, Tevez already put in his work, and we all know how you feel about Adebayor  ;D

looking at the line ups posted by Ryan, there are some very good players in there, but I eh really seeing any galactico type collection of stars that you're talking about.   It have normal men in there still.... Yaya Toure is a massive signing but in all fairness, given his role on the team he's not exactly a glamourous buy....

The biggest difference is not in the star quality of the players Chelsea v Man City ...The difference is that Chelsea brought players in under the management of a very capable coach who kept the egos in check and was able to build a solid trophy winning unit- and we could only talk that in hindsight....if another coach who couldn't handle it tried to manage that bunch of egos and failed, you'd be hearing the same talk about Chelsea just bought a collection of stars.  Bottom line is that everybody is a pundit but nobody really knows what they're talking about.  Right now is a setta guessing games..  Mancini is really the man in charge of who will be able to say "I told you so" at the end of the day...
« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 08:19:39 AM by kicker »

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2010, 08:53:44 AM »
I backing whichever side get Simon Ireland.

That player prove he was the best player on that City side despite all the starboys they buy.

Mancini is a fool for never giving the man a chance...he will poison them for sure.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2010, 08:58:34 AM »
You mean Stephen Ireland. Yeh, he could rel poison. He very bad and only still about 23 or 24.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2010, 09:21:17 AM »
Feel i hadda jump on dis bandwagon boy.
Barry sweatin before De Jong I feel. And Boateng gettin into the starting 11 too.

I hope Mancini is d man to pull this together. If he loses two or three games he could be gone.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline fish

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2010, 09:37:55 AM »
Feel i hadda jump on dis bandwagon boy.
Barry sweatin before De Jong I feel. And Boateng gettin into the starting 11 too.

I hope Mancini is d man to pull this together. If he loses two or three games he could be gone.

Prob. DeJong is a bruiser and they need a passer from deep

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2010, 09:41:25 AM »
I am a Chelsea fan and i know what it is like to have new ownership and lots of money to spend, but I find ManCity over doing it........geez and ages.......

I just read this morning that Mancini say that Bellamy and Ireland might not make his 25 man premier league squad.

maddness

I feel bad for Ireland bc Mancini never really gave him a chance last season after he had a solid season before that and he's prolly the only one on the squad that came through the Man City ranks. If he get rid of Bellamy he really doing madness cause that man is a work horse, he's rugged with skill and can score goals. I'll admit he's erratic at times but that man is made for the phsyicality of the EPL, he's like a pest on the field that makes things happen in City's favor.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2010, 09:43:23 AM »
The difference...Chelsea aka Jose bought players with an idea in mind...players to enhance his vision and make them solid and effective

Mancini and City buying players for buying sakes...just to scare other clubs....they just f**king up the team morale possibly causing lil circles in the dressing room and they have no idea and no vision ..they just entering bidding wars...offering 220k a week to a shitsnake like Yaya Toure and inflating the market to new heights

They can still be very dangerous with that squad but my bet is they are going to become a circus during the season.....

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2010, 09:47:20 AM »
Let Ireland come Arsenal....

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2010, 09:49:06 AM »
Mancini and City buying players for buying sakes...

How do you know that?

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2010, 09:53:45 AM »

How do you know that?

How yuh go have Yaya Toure, De Jong, Viera and Barry fighting up for one position?

How yuh go have Tevez, Adebayor, Robinho, Bellamy and Santa Cruz.. But signing Balotelli and STILL want Torres on top ah that.

Where is the planning to get players to fit a system or philosophy and where is the concern for team chemistry when you have all these stars steady warming a bench?

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2010, 09:55:28 AM »
The difference...Chelsea aka Jose bought players with an idea in mind...players to enhance his vision and make them solid and effective

Mancini and City buying players for buying sakes...just to scare other clubs....they just f**king up the team morale possibly causing lil circles in the dressing room and they have no idea and no vision ..they just entering bidding wars...offering 220k a week to a shitsnake like Yaya Toure and inflating the market to new heights

They can still be very dangerous with that squad but my bet is they are going to become a circus during the season.....

This is hands down the best post you ever make on this forum.  ;D

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2010, 10:03:11 AM »
Spare a thought for the other end of the spectrum: http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/squad/first-team.aspx  :(

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2010, 10:33:53 AM »

How do you know that?

How yuh go have Yaya Toure, De Jong, Viera and Barry fighting up for one position?

First of all two holding midfielders is a normal scene, secondly Barry and Yaya are clearly different players to De Jong- they might be defensive minded middies but they are more complementary than substitutes for eachother.... thirdly who knows if they will all be there come season start....Fighting up for one position?  Yuh torkin' dat like iz a savannah sweat....One of the major criticisms of the smaller teams trying to get into the big four is lack of depth- now a manager looks like he's trying to have several quality options and all of a sudden they "fighting up for one position"

How yuh go have Tevez, Adebayor, Robinho, Bellamy and Santa Cruz.. But signing Balotelli and STILL want Torres on top ah that.

Balo and Torres eh dey yet...Robinho looking doubtful to be there when season start and Santa Cruz never really found any kinda rhythm at Man City...Personally I don't think he fits in well there, but Hughes brought him over as one of his blackburn favorites...Clearly if they're all in the roster at the same time they will have to trim down and balance...

Where is the planning to get players to fit a system or philosophy and where is the concern for team chemistry when you have all these stars steady warming a bench?

How allyuh know so much about what these men planning on a daily basis.  I really wish I had the inside scoop like allyuh yes

All I saying it it's July 27th- plenty activity still to come.  I imagine that there would be some offloading still to happen- I also doh pretend to know what experienced professional managers have going on in their heads as far as planning goes...I also doh think Man City is this "star studded" line up that everybody's raving about...Who are these stars on the squad that cyah be fathomed sitting on a bench?  What real big sides can most of these players walk into and start?  Who Bellamy? star?  Ireland? star? Lescott? Richards? Bridge? Kolo Toure? Kompany? Viera? De Jong? SWP? unproven Adam Johnson? Kolorov? Overrated Gareth Barry who look like molasses against Germany in the World Cup?  Dem is big stars tuh talk about? Any of dem men is proven winners of late?  If Mancini could mold that side into a unit they could say something serious, but based on names alone dem fellas eh really saying as much as the press hyping them up to be. 

But I respect the ole talk part of it so like allyuh self. 

« Last Edit: July 27, 2010, 10:43:55 AM by kicker »

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2010, 10:45:34 AM »
also doh think Man City is this "star studded" line up that everybody's raving about...

I don't think ppl were saying that Man City were buying stars per se, or arguing about that.
I think people are just amazed by the sheer amount they are spending.

But Man City is the only club that could dish out 25 mil for a player, then get an opportunity to upgrade said player and spend another 30 mil on his replacement, lol. Iz like buying a porsche today and realizin that yuh could get a ferrari and say fire bun porsche.

Just makes one question their judgment in the first place.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2010, 11:18:25 AM »

I don't think ppl were saying that Man City were buying stars per se, or arguing about that.
I think people are just amazed by the sheer amount they are spending.

Well the argument is that they're just acquiring a collection of stars with no consideration to the chemistries and the overall unit. 

1- I doh know that they don't have a plan, and there's really nothing to suggest that they don't.  Just because yuh throwing alot of money behind players doesn't mean that yuh don't have a plan.  If there is knowledge that the technical staff is being stifled from playing a part in the selection process (as was Pellegrini at Madrid) then fine...but as far as we know Mancini and crew could be calling the shots based on a vision and a team that they want to assemble, in order to play a particular type of football....

2- I doh really find the acquisitions to be that star-focussed (that's the point I was making).  I think they're going after quality, and I doh see nutting wrong with that. 

If they're paying too much for players then we could argue that all day because that is subjective and driven by the market and how much people have to spend.  I couldn't start to tell you what a fair price is for Yaya Toure...and neither could anyone else. 

1]; } ?>