March 28, 2024, 06:31:06 AM

Author Topic: ELECTION NITE  (Read 11316 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: ELECTION NITE
« Reply #60 on: July 28, 2010, 10:58:07 AM »
Yes they are racist African but I am yet to hear 1 say is we time now. Anybody who ever hear an Afro Trini say is we time know but I guess is always dey time because PNM in power long time. When I say dem evrybody in Tdad who is not in ostrich know what I am referring to.

yeh its gets annoying hearing that, like they aint realize is Africans vote for PP too.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #61 on: July 28, 2010, 11:08:34 AM »

TT as a whole is the crown jewel, your opinion is your opinion, I love POS, i was born and bred in POS, however, Rahael was in essence saying, who cares about the rest at least we have POS. What you don't understand is other people from different areas will not take this lightly. You can sit behind your computer and type about POS is the crown jewel but individuals in other parts of the nation will say, we are important as well. We have the farming and agriculture, we have the pitch in our region and so forth, they all make up the nation. If you don't see that, then I can't help you because TT doesn't stop after the lighthouse.

I reside within the Tunapuna/Piarco regional corporation and can't say that I'm offended in any way by Rahael's statement.  I was happy with the work done by the TPRC in my community as well but I digress.. You're focussing on one sentence of a statement made by a leader from a party that just got a sound ass washing. Rahael is basically saying we lorse but we still get town. Granted that Port of Spain would OBVIOUSLY have the greatest priority in local government the party's success in that district is shrouded by defeats in 6 others. I am more embarrassed for him than offended.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2010, 11:23:28 AM »
Yes they are racist African but I am yet to hear 1 say is we time now. Anybody who ever hear an Afro Trini say is we time know but I guess is always dey time because PNM in power long time. When I say dem evrybody in Tdad who is not in ostrich know what I am referring to.

yeh its gets annoying hearing that, like they aint realize is Africans vote for PP too.

U hearing that 2 I taught it was meh medication needed changing as I said the voices ah back . Dat not important they in power (yes TI I used they referring to members of the East Indian who harp on saying that) d fact that Afro Trinis wanted 2 rise as well not important.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2010, 12:21:41 PM »

Yes they are racist African but I am yet to hear 1 say is we time now
. Anybody who ever hear an Afro Trini say is we time know but I guess is always dey time because PNM in power long time. When I say dem evrybody in Tdad who is not in ostrich know what I am referring to.

true... i never hear someone claim that an african say that. I hear ppl say that the africans does use the word "dem" though. like dont put dem in power. if u put dem in power crappo smoke we pipe etc.

I never  heard anyone say it in person though, never even heard the 'we time now' thing in person either, buh that doh mean it doesn't happen .

The question is however, are those views rampant in T&T?
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2010, 01:24:17 PM »

. Anybody who ever hear an Afro Trini say is we time know but I guess is always dey time because PNM in power long time. When I say dem evrybody in Tdad who is not in ostrich know what I am referring to.

true... i never hear someone claim that an african say that. I hear ppl say that the africans does use the word "dem" though. like dont put dem in power. if u put dem in power crappo smoke we pipe etc.

I never  heard anyone say it in person though, never even heard the 'we time now' thing in person either, buh that doh mean it doesn't happen .

Most people normal yuh know. Of course if your side lose its very disappointing. Most of the alarm I hear is when The AG bring a list of issues that match almost word for word a list of 'grievances' that ITEC/Gopio had. Also alegations of ministerial intimidation of contract officers at Ministry of Health and The Sport Company.

I've seen grafitti on walls with some the 'we time now' thing. Most of the shit is on facebook and them sites where people post anonymously.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 28, 2010, 02:54:58 PM »

EXTREMELY RAMPANT WHEN U LIVE CENTRAL. U know y peeps say crapaud go smoke dey pipe is because of d way d UNC peeps does get on when dey in power. Like now where evry contract worker scared because all ah we is agent of d PNM and get we job because of nepotism. I eh scared because I apply and was interview 4 d wuk I have.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
  • Curried Wild Meat With Plenty Hot Pepper
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 28, 2010, 06:22:07 PM »

EXTREMELY RAMPANT WHEN U LIVE CENTRAL. U know y peeps say crapaud go smoke dey pipe is because of d way d UNC peeps does get on when dey in power. Like now where evry contract worker scared because all ah we is agent of d PNM and get we job because of nepotism. I eh scared because I apply and was interview 4 d wuk I have.

But this statement about central is just as one sided as what you accused them off.  As a central man I would never say it is we time now.  Not that I excuse their behavior, maybe like many other they simply lack tact.   

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 28, 2010, 06:36:01 PM »
well lately at my job i have been dealing with alot of caroni workers (who are predominantly indo trini as we know) and after d elections, the "we time now" , 'kamla go handle we nice'  and racial slurs were used against myself and some other staff. ah have a thick skin so me eh take DEM on ( i didnt know using a pronoun was considered racist now  ::))
but ah cud tell yuh dis, anybody call me n****r, go get fork up. me eh care who u is.
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 28, 2010, 06:43:50 PM »
Is someting like dis go happen. A blame game start.....den....tings get stoke up....and all it need is for one idiot to cross de line.

Inadvertently....i seeing potential for how it plays off happening right here.

Fact is.....it happening. Probably on both sides.....maybe even to varying degrees.

Regardless.....it sad.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #69 on: July 28, 2010, 06:46:23 PM »

the way you come across is as if the only racists are indo trinis, which is bull, i come from a very mixed family and i am not afraid to admit racism is equal on both sides, not in my family but i have seen it personally and heard it many times from both indo and afro-trinis. no side is innocent.

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 28, 2010, 06:46:59 PM »
( i didnt know using a pronoun was considered racist now  ::))
Forgive the old heads, they forget all they language arts lesson.
 ;)
but ah cud tell yuh dis, anybody call me n****r, go get fork up. me eh care who u is.

out of curiousity no n word, but still racial slurs?

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 28, 2010, 06:54:38 PM »
( i didnt know using a pronoun was considered racist now  ::))
Forgive the old heads, they forget all they language arts lesson.
 ;)

out of curiousity no n word, but still racial slurs?

yes the  'n word', not directed to me but to the security guard by a
FEW of the caroni workers

BTW, indo trinis are also at d receivng end of racial comments by afro trinis yes, so i have heard. i have never personally seen it happen so i cant say.  but i have seen it many times in the reverse so im speaking from experience and not just stirrin up bachannal
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 28, 2010, 07:05:48 PM »
yes the  'n word', not directed to me but to the security guard by a FEW of the caroni workers
had to see if trini know c***n, and calling someone a boy does not have the same connotations from a trini.
BTW, indo trinis are also at d receivng end of racial comments by afro trinis yes
Reading some of these posts you would think that this was not true. 
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 09:29:48 PM by trinindian »

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2010, 08:43:29 PM »
now that de election finish, de EBC can get to work tallying de racial insults from each side and see which side "win". steups.

race talk is de fastest way to stifle public discourse. most of de population brain seize up when dis race talk get going.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2010, 09:28:15 PM »

D

the way you come across is as if the only racists are indo trinis, which is bull, i come from a very mixed family and i am not afraid to admit racism is equal on both sides, not in my family but i have seen it personally and heard it many times from both indo and afro-trinis. no side is innocent.

D part when I say there are racist Aficans eh register.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2010, 10:32:29 PM »
voter intimidation whether it be physical or verbal because of supporters loitering around the polling station is something I'm strongly against. However, I do not see the wrong in supporting your party openly by wearing an article of clothing that depicts the party symbol. Freedom of expression is very important and essential in any democracy, it separates yourself from being a banana republic where you cannot feel free to express your support for a particular political body.

I guess I am accustomed to elections where you don't have to call the metropolitan police because of voter intimidation. Once again it is a matter of my opinion on the subject as I am well versed in my field of study and have taken part in elections in a developed nation.

However, I am well aware of previous elections where voter intimidation has occurred and deterred individuals from voting because of the thuggery involved at various polling stations. This needs to change and I see it as a step away from the past and the thuggery associated with elections. We need TT to understand that you don't need to be afraid to wear a t-shirt in support of your party, voter apathy needs to be minimized.

I hope in future elections the police will be at hand at most of the stations to ensure voters are not intimidated because of what they wear in support of their party, whether it be a pnm shirt or pp shirt.

TT as a whole is the crown jewel, your opinion is your opinion, I love POS, i was born and bred in POS, however, Rahael was in essence saying, who cares about the rest at least we have POS. What you don't understand is other people from different areas will not take this lightly. You can sit behind your computer and type about POS is the crown jewel but individuals in other parts of the nation will say, we are important as well. We have the farming and agriculture, we have the pitch in our region and so forth, they all make up the nation. If you don't see that, then I can't help you because TT doesn't stop after the lighthouse.

No offense... but what shit you really talking fella?

You focusing on de voter intimidation like I said that wearing the shirt amounted to that.  My point is that the wearing of the shirt... ESPECIALLY by a candidate for election is passive campaigning... wherever she wears it in public it is passive campaigning.  You say yuh take part in elections in developing nations and well versed in yuh field of study... which to me isn't at issue... whether versed or not versed.  But where have you EVER heard of campaigning, passive or not being permitted at a polling station?

Next you talking about freedom of expression... there is no such thing.  There is a price you pay for that "freedom" and that price is that it comes with curbs... it is not an absolute right nor an unfettered freedom.  People love to bawl that first thing out they mouth without even giving they brain so much as half a chance to process what they mouth really saying.  There are always Time, Place and Manner restrictions on speech.  The prohibition on electioneering at the polling station is but one of those recognized restrictions.  So-called freedom of speech is simply not an issue here.

Offline sammy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2010, 10:41:54 PM »
well lately at my job i have been dealing with alot of caroni workers (who are predominantly indo trini as we know) and after d elections, the "we time now" , 'kamla go handle we nice'  and racial slurs were used against myself and some other staff. ah have a thick skin so me eh take DEM on ( i didnt know using a pronoun was considered racist now  ::))

even TUPAC?   ;) ;D

maybe the "we" and the 'Dem' refers to the UNC as a party and not necessarily indians as an ethnic group.  ::)
"Giving away something in charity does not cause any decrease in a person's wealth, but increases it instead. The person who adopt humility for the sake of Allah is exalted in ranks by Him".
(Muslim)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2010, 10:43:35 PM »
breds i not bawling about anything, its a discussion, a conversation where there will be varying opinions and perspectives. where did I chuckle and grin my face? are you referring to when I laughed at what ribbit said? because thats the reason I laughed. if you read above you will see that I said racism needs to stop to progress the nation.

I can't place the blame on one party, both have their racist supporters, neither of them I support, the comments by the indo-trini poster on the trinidad express is ignorant and shows his lack of intelligence with regards to the system itself. I have no time for those type of individuals and they exist on both sides, this particular article it was from one side.

Yes... yes, you spoke in a very vague, non-specific manner... supporters of ONE party spouting they racist diatribe, but you can't blame one party.  Maybe you convincing yuhself with that bullshit.

so exactly what is the popular sentiment you speak of, please elaborate to me in detail?

two wrongs don't make a right, weary is biased in her opinion, so it would be hard to get an objective analysis from her, especially if you were to follow her comments.

You don't need elaboration... just half a brain would do.  The popular sentiment is that now that PP in power is "indian time" again.

How about AB Trini with his curry coloured map of the elections, what is your opinion of that statement?  8)
also i notice your avoidance to the terms i pointed out that weary used, a matter of convenience?

AB Trini is one man and one man only.   One man dat half this website dun consider half-crack anyways. That and the fact that his words carried racial connotations (being a veiled reference to East Indians), but they weren't as pointedly racist as anything we saw on the Express comments.  Is equivocating like this that make me realize long time dat you is ah joker.  The fact that you here even bringing up talk about AB Trini is proof positive that you not being serious.

furthermore, rahael is a public figure for the pnm, he doesn't live in a bubble or a glass house to my knowledge.

I haven't the faintest clue what this statement has to do with anything... there is a factual basis for him referring to POS as the 'crown jewel'.  Let's try and focus on whether there is truth to that as I claim, rather than focus on the messenger (Rahael) himself.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2010, 10:50:00 PM »

You focusing on how she coming across rather than paying attention to what is actually being said.  Yuh wanted elaboration from me but before I could even check back in others provide it fuh yuh.  Rather than respond tuh dat yuh on Weary case about "how" she coming across.  Is not how SHE coming across... is about how some Indo-Trini PP supporters coming across right now... just as they did when UNC was in power.  You's de only man here acting like yuh dunno what people talking about.

And if yuh never hear de racism on either side ah yuh family... why is talk about yuh family being "very mixed" relevant?  That supposed tuh what... earn yuh HiLo stamps?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2010, 10:52:55 PM »

Reading some of these posts you would think that this was not true. 

"these posts" talking about what was posted big and bold in a national newspaper's comment section.  Go find similar comments posted in a similar manner, and uncensored by the moderator mind you.  After yuh find them come post them here... then yuh could talk.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2010, 11:21:24 PM »

even TUPAC?   ;) ;D

maybe the "we" and the 'Dem' refers to the UNC as a party and not necessarily indians as an ethnic group.  ::)

Yeah right then PP peeps of African decent would b sayin is we time now.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2010, 11:31:35 PM »
Ganga Singh to act as WASA’s CEO
RHONDA KRYSTAL RAMBALLY
Published: 29 Jul 2010

Public Utilities Minister Emmanuel George listens to WASA’s general manager, corporate communications, Ellen Lewis, left, as she makes a point, while permanent secretary Jacqueline Ganteaume-Farell looks on, at yesterday’s media conference, St Clair. PHOTO: KEITH MATTHEWS
Former Public Utilities Minister Ganga Singh has been appointed acting chief executive officer (CEO) of the Water and Sewerage Authority (WASA). This is the third appointment of a CEO at the State-run company since January. Dr Jim Lee Young and British national Andrew Smith each served four months before resigning. Singh served as Public Utilities Minister from 1995 to 2001 after the United National Congress won the general election for the first time.
http://guardian.co.tt/news/general/2010/07/29/ganga-singh-act-wasa-s-ceo

Of all the ppl it have in this country capable of doing this job...You will put this man, seriously?? So much graduates we have walking these streets now, it has been over 10 years since he was last in Government..They can't find another capable soul to take the reins....?? STEUPSSS

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2010, 11:42:02 PM »
Ganga Singh to act as WASA’s CEO
RHONDA KRYSTAL RAMBALLY
Published: 29 Jul 2010

Public Utilities Minister Emmanuel George listens to WASA’s general manager, corporate communications, Ellen Lewis, left, as she makes a point, while permanent secretary Jacqueline Ganteaume-Farell looks on, at yesterday’s media conference, St Clair. PHOTO: KEITH MATTHEWS
Former Public Utilities Minister Ganga Singh has been appointed acting chief executive officer (CEO) of the Water and Sewerage Authority (WASA). This is the third appointment of a CEO at the State-run company since January. Dr Jim Lee Young and British national Andrew Smith each served four months before resigning. Singh served as Public Utilities Minister from 1995 to 2001 after the United National Congress won the general election for the first time.
http://guardian.co.tt/news/general/2010/07/29/ganga-singh-act-wasa-s-ceo

Of all the ppl it have in this country capable of doing this job...You will put this man, seriously?? So much graduates we have walking these streets now, it has been over 10 years since he was last in Government..They can't find another capable soul to take the reins....?? STEUPSSS

JOBS 4 D BOYS NUTTEN WRONG WIT DAT. This is d man who say water 4 all by october 2000. So he 10 yrs late but he get another chance 2 complete d dream of water 4 all.

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 28, 2010, 11:53:26 PM »
yeah U laugh...Doh forget that WASA CEO was appointed only 4 months ago to a 3 year contract yeh..Could u imagine the amount of money we the taxpayers have to shell out as his contract has been terminated...!!!

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2010, 11:56:28 PM »
yeah U laugh...Doh forget that WASA CEO was appointed only 4 months ago to a 3 year contract yeh..Could u imagine the amount of money we the taxpayers have to shell out as his contract has been terminated...!!!

Iz  :rotfl: or  :( or worse :cursing: so I  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

AirMan

« Reply #85 on: July 29, 2010, 06:03:23 AM »

link http://newsday.co.tt/politics/0,124789.html

OUT of a total of 998,908 persons eligible to vote in Monday’s Local Government Elections, only 386,830 persons exercised their franchise, Elections and Boundaries Commission (EBC) Chief Elections Officer Howard Cayenne revealed yesterday
[/size]

1]; } ?>