April 27, 2024, 04:21:35 AM

Author Topic: Leave Bertie as Coach  (Read 1289 times)

Offline KND

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Leave Bertie as Coach
« on: March 31, 2005, 09:59:28 AM »
I tired tell alyuh coach is not the issue Betile or Trapatoni same shit go be on the field.

Leave bertile and focus on the other aspects that are more important.

I agree results are Poor and hence bertile should go but we have been here before and before again and we all know what the result will be.

If you must Fire ST Clair as a Scape goat then put a man like La Forest, Morris or the U20 Team coach Corneal in Charge.

At least these men know the team and what is going on in Concacaf.

Bring Graham Taylor to do what for the next 6-7 months?

What was Graham Taylor doing last night, I bet you he did not watch one Concacaf game.
A foreign Coach will not have a clue as to what is going on over here.

What is needed is a coach like Simones who was willing to immerse in the culture and live there for years.

The prerequiste for any coach should be.

Will This coach want to coach TnT if we do not make the World Cup, ie build the program leading up to future Gold Cup, Shell Cup and eventually WC 2010?

Who think that Graham Taylor will want to coach TnT in 2006 once we out the cup?

I think not, he gone back home.

The whole concept that you can just get a coach and in 7-8 months he can transform us from Last in the Hex to top of the hex is the fundamental problem with Trinidad and Tobago Football.

And the mere fact that the TTFF is willing to pick a short term coach to do a long term job is evident of their myopic plans.

We can bring a master Tactician and we may or may not play better than under st clair, But one thing is for sure.

No Coach No matter how good he is can Tranform TnT football from where it is now to where it needs to be to Sustain competitive teams regionally and internationally. That Takes a Plan and It takes time and for-thought

We do not need a Coach we need Jesus.

Simones brought "Jesus Saves" to jamiaca and hence they made the world cup.

What we need is a World Class Doctor, once we have this the sick Pope will be soon to follow and once we have the Pope in TnT Jesus will soon follow and all will be nice!

Please prepare a bed in POS General because the Pope is comming! ;D ;D

This to me is a more sound plan than hiring Trapatoni!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: Leave Bertie as Coach
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 10:10:50 AM »
KND,

You have expressed some thoughtful sentiments in regards to the commitment that is needed by  the new coach. I agree that we do not need a short term fix, but a person who is committed to developing our program and one who is willing to immerse in our culture.

On the other hand keeping BSC, will only ensure that if we keep doing  what we always do we will keep getting the same results.

The preformance and the potential for this team to excel is there but we do need a person who could take them to the next level. I beliveve that the public and maybe those around the team appeared to have lost confidence in the abilities of BSC to move the team ahead.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 10:18:04 AM »
You have some valid points but I believe Jack Warner's plan is for TnT to get fourth place and try to get to win the playoff.  We have only 1 point form 3 games, there is no way we can catch USA, Mexico and Costa Rica.  Although the team played well against Costa Rica, it is obvious St. Clair track record in the past 12 months was not good.
Excuses like the field was bumpy so we lost is not good enough...I guess the other team did not play on the bumpy field.

A foreign coach definitely will not have all the answers especially with the short time frame between now and our next match but the national team need a change.  

The real problem is not only changing the coach but the administration.  We are in the middle of WC qualifiers and we playing friendlies against Atlanta Silverbacks and Mexico playing Argentina.  Obviously the people responsible for organizing friendlies are not doing their job.

It is too late to argue and criticize now, the new coach must get the support of the players and the fans.  Hopefully he will use the serivces of local coaches so he can have an idea of the strengths and weaknesses of our players.

One can argue that St. Clair tried his best but certain things did not make sense.  For example, we played very well against Guatemala but lost 5-1.  I have never heard of such sh*t.  Let Brazil, Italy, or Argentina coach say anything stupid as that and they will be laughin stocks for life.  Only in Trinidad that statement will hold water.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 10:28:53 AM »
A brazilian who was here 3 years back wanted to help us develop men like corneal and company eh back him but they back bsc The people who hire bsc must be fired also
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2005, 10:38:56 AM »
BINGO!!!!!! the reality is that BSC , worked with the organizationl plan that was given to him.

Hire a foreign coach and he will tell Jack and company what to do.

Keep a local coach and Jack and comapny will tell him what to do.

Should the blame for our showing so far not be absorbed by  the advisors and Jack as well?

The question I have here is, how many people are involved in the decision making process? Is this a Jack Warner show? If there are government and tax payers funds involved, should these decisions be unilateraly be in the hands of a sole individual?

Based on what was reported in the news realease, 'it is one we will adore,' I don't think this is sound qualifications nor justification to replace BSC. I also have not heard of  the terms of argreement that should be  the conditional on hiring a foreign coach.

If this is not thoughtfully done, we run the risk of being exploited, and abused by a foreign power who continually sees us as minnows.

KND  had some very thoughtful analysis in his posting. I was most intrigued by the performances of those teams which have developed essentially locally based players, and who have coaches with a greater affinity and closeness to the players cultural heritage.

The more dissimilar thinking and the more contrasting styles we impose on our team and program, the more likelihood we will face a greater uphill battle. Reason, we have foreign based players who are being entrenched and disciplined in a particular style of play, then we attempt to merge their abilities with locally based players who are coming form a different ethos. We now expect the contrasting styles to merge and be cohesive as a unit in a short space of time to compete at a high level. Meanwhile the other teams are creating a program which features a similar style of play and familiarity among each of the players.

Given we had a local coach  one would think that the problem of styles and cultural differences would not be the issue, not so. I would advocate to keep BSC as a liason or person who would seek out talents abroad and work with a more skillful tactician, strategist, coach who could merge the competing tensions of  opposing styles into one solid team.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2005, 11:12:35 AM by AlbertaTrini »

1]; } ?>