April 27, 2024, 04:56:40 AM

Author Topic: And the NEW MANAGER is....  (Read 2635 times)

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
And the NEW MANAGER is....
« on: March 31, 2005, 10:53:39 AM »
A riddle a riddle a ree,

This should be very easy for the forumites the new manager is all of the following:

A former manager of Dwight

An FA cup winner as a manager

"Coached" in Trinidad before

A really "Big" name manager
« Last Edit: March 31, 2005, 10:55:38 AM by JDB »
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Re: And the NEW MANAGER is....
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 11:02:25 AM »
I spy with my eye:

Jack's close buddy.

Jack's man on the take.......................

Another stooge of Jack................

A deal that Jack made........................

A 'plant' by a foreign  country to sabotage our efforts....................

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 11:27:05 AM »
A riddle a riddle a ree,

This should be very easy for the forumites the new manager is all of the following:

A former manager of Dwight

An FA cup winner as a manager

"Coached" in Trinidad before

A really "Big" name manager

Please.....NOT Ron Atkinson..... ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2005, 11:29:40 AM »
Lard ! Palos dat man is a bullshitter another talker. At least dem men go have a good laugh and party even more
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2005, 11:30:53 AM »
After all dem racist things he said he coming to T&T to coach. He have balls I go give him dat!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2005, 11:39:28 AM »
RACIST RON'S AT IT AGAIN
mirror.co.uk
Jan 22 2005

"How is China's population so big? They've the best contraception..their women are so ugly"

By Andy Lines

FOOTBALL'S anti-racism campaigners were appalled and astonished last night at the latest gaffe by disgraced TV analyst Ron Atkinson.

The former Man Utd and Aston Villa boss has spent months trying to resurrect his lucrative career after his "n***er" insult aimed at Chelsea's Marcel Desailly last April.

But on Thursday night, at a dinner at another former club Sheffield Wednesday, he was at it again - with a joke about Chinese women being "the ugliest in the world". Kick It Out, the group trying to eliminate racism in football, said: "It seems completely incomprehensible that someone who has gone to great lengths to clear his name should come out with this.

"He seems to be consistently insulting about people because of their race.

"In this day and age you cannot make jokes about race."

A diner at the fund-raising gathering at Wednesday's Hillsborough's stadium complained to the Mirror and said: "I just could not believe what I was hearing.

"I would have thought that given what has happened to him in the past 12 month, he would totally avoid any references to race issues.

"I mean it is not a difficult subject to steer clear away from, is it?

"I was really quite surprised at his naivete and ignorance."

Atkinson, 65, says he "can't believe" the latest storm and claimed he cracked the joke in connection with a story about a visit to China in the late 1970s by his then club West Bromwich Albion.

On the trip, an Albion player was asked about what he thought about the Great Wall of China. He is said to have replied: "Once you've seen one wall, you've seen them all."

Atkinson followed the story with this "joke": "I can't understand why there is such a population problem in China as they have the best contraception going - Chinese women are the ugliest in the world."

Sheffield Wednesday club historian Keith Howard was among 264 guests at the dinner.

He confirmed Atkinson had made the remark, but said nobody had taken offence or raised it as issue.

Mr Howard said: "Ron gave a speech almost an hour long. The vast majority was about his managerial career. He made very very few jokes.

"But I did hear the one about the Chinese. Certainly no one took offence and he actually got a laugh.

"There was a comedian on afterwards and he was far worse, taking the mickey out of the Irish, Jews and coloureds.

"I don't think anyone was offended by what Ron had to say and he got a very good reception. Supporters appreciated him turning up."

Atkinson lost his job with ITV after calling Chelsea's Desailly "a lazy f*****g n***er". He wrongly thought he was totally off air but the comment last April was broadcast in the Middle East.

A nurturer of black talent in his West Brom days, Atkinson apologised profusely and recently returned to TV. Now his hopes of a major comeback seem doomed.

Atkinson said: "I cannot believe anyone has complained about anything I said. I went there to help them out and to raise money. I stayed for ages and did photographs,

"I can't believe this, I just can't believe this. I can't say anything now. I've been ultra-careful about everything. It was an easy evening and everyone enjoyed themselves."

Leni Renton, director of the top London modelling agency Modelplan, said: "Mr Atkinson does not know what he is talking about.

"Chinese women are amongst the most beautiful in the world. We have several on our books and they really are very beautiful and incredibly hard-working."

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2005, 11:40:58 AM »
So is this man confirmed? Could some of the local-based give we foreign-based some concrete info?

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2005, 11:45:18 AM »
The way de rumours going is either Atkinson or Keegan... but I feel it go be Taylor...

If I personally had to choose one of them ah going with Keegan
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2005, 11:46:33 AM »
They will bring that racist to coach black players  ;D . It better they bring Rowan Atkinson... I feel that his he family (Mr. Bean)

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2005, 11:48:50 AM »
You need someone who can turn the team around and not afraid of big names. Bora is the man for that in my books
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2005, 12:00:43 PM »
You need someone who can turn the team around and not afraid of big names. Bora is the man for that in my books

I like Bora as well. or Gullit!

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2005, 12:06:16 PM »
I will  freely  provide sensitivity training fuh dem foreign so called experts.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2005, 12:08:30 PM »

I like Bora as well. or Gullit!

Guillit have a wok He coaching Feyernood in Holland
                                              Thomas Paine

1]; } ?>