April 19, 2024, 11:46:04 PM

Author Topic: A thing or two that Football organizers could learn from the Cricket folks  (Read 2337 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Last night I had the good fortune to attend the 20/20  cricket game between TnT and Jamaica. Talk about an electrifying crowd!!!! The game was sold out. The place was rocking with music and massive support for the local squad.

I happened to be sitting next to a whole side that travelled from Moruga to come to this game that started at 9 and ended somewhere around midnight but say what. In comparison to TnT football game against Antigua/Bar... dull  void of atmosphere.. From the moment you entered the stadium it  felt all about making a quick buck... $10.00 parking in Macoya grounds!!!! In addition the absence of vocal support, atmosphere  did not contribute to a sense of  all out national fervor. On the other hand a packed oval, a partisan crowd and  a sense of support for a national team is what is sadly lacking  at the football venues and games I witnessed thus far.

Bring back the drums...bring back the iron.. bring back the bmobile girls... bring back the excitement that use to follow football.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
AB Trini we ain't need to know anything from cricket(no disrespect). TTFF can bring moon and stars, it would not change anyhing. I old enough to know what football use to be like, Jack and his cabal got to go. Allyuh could bring cricket to run football it would not make a difference.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
yeah..d cricket lime is really d best lime it have in any sporting event nowadays
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
i doh think it's that simple AB, cuz the draw yday was many things the local football fraternity is unable to provide as yet...

for one, it is a successful local team with talents ppl know and want to see i.e. Bravo, Bharath, Pollard...

secondly the opposition wasn't bad either..Jamaica with Chris Gayle (altho ultimately he din play) which is an additional draw...

but the main reason ppl came out for that game, other than the dirt cheap price, is that the T&T cricket team is successful, a team that wins and above all entertains...

which of our football teams currently does that?

the only thing we could hope is that the local football fraternity learns is from the administration of the cricket team...TT cricket has had one of the best developmental and overall structures for the past decade or so and now we starting to be a dominant force in the region and making waves internationally..

so tha's what have to change...poor administration = poor results...

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
i doh think it's that simple AB, cuz the draw yday was many things the local football fraternity is unable to provide as yet...

for one, it is a successful local team with talents ppl know and want to see i.e. Bravo, Bharath, Pollard...

secondly the opposition wasn't bad either..Jamaica with Chris Gayle (altho ultimately he din play) which is an additional draw...

but the main reason ppl came out for that game, other than the dirt cheap price, is that the T&T cricket team is successful, a team that wins and above all entertains...

which of our football teams currently does that?

the only thing we could hope is that the local football fraternity learns is from the administration of the cricket team...TT cricket has had one of the best developmental and overall structures for the past decade or so and now we starting to be a dominant force in the region and making waves internationally..

so tha's what have to change...poor administration = poor results...
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yuh hit the nail right there: affordable prices...yuh eh feel yuh getting gourged.... successful administration ( ah cyar say because I eh know);  succesful team with local talent shows that it is possible. I felt last night that the local players played with  skill, showed determination; hustle  and  provided a quality and entertaung display of cricket.... all that I see lacking with the footballers and that side of our once proud football tradition.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Is a T20 game which is a form of cricket that is exciting & still a novely to some extent...especially under lights.

Let dem same 2 teams play a 4 day or even a One Day game and if yuh get 3,000 in de Oval, yuh lucky.

De other MAJOR EFFECT is that the game is being played at night.  People eh have no traffic to fight up with.  Dey could reach home from wuk, eat, take a fresh and come out fuh de cricket.

But yeah....the team being successful and having bona fide stars like Pollard, Bravo etc is a main reason.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
tt cricket has the best youth system, hence guys like pollard, barath, bravo and other names which are now coming to the fray.

not to mention u19 names like cariah, lewis and ottley who will be big in a few years time.

football could definately take a page out of the cricket, i remember starting similar threads to this one a few years ago.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
how many of them play in the local Cricket Pro League again? What do they do to get on the National team ?

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Does it in any way have anything to do with the removal or displacement of long serving dictators like
Lequey and dem?
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Does it in any way have anything to do with the removal or displacement of long serving dictators like
Lequey and dem?

WHile Lequay is no longer the titular head of T&T cricket, he is very much present in this present T&T cricket board.

There are those who say that the new board that was elected after a particularly nasty campaign, are merely puppets for the REAL POWER behind de scenes, Alloy Lequay.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Lequey and dem?

WHile Lequay is no longer the titular head of T&T cricket, he is very much present in this present T&T cricket board.

There are those who say that the new board that was elected after a particularly nasty campaign, are merely puppets for the REAL POWER behind de scenes, Alloy Lequay.

its an interesting situation, they are friends with lequay but at the same time they are running the show. i liked the murray admin and would have supported them fully if they were still in power. however, they wanted to remove ganga as captain which is something i strongly disagree with

Offline diamondtrim

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
A lot of folks over-investigate the issue and come up wit all kinda reason why cricket attracting better crowds dan football.  Lemme break it dong real simply:

We football is level sh*t. From pro league to d senior team. Simple as dat. If yuh wanna pay yuh money to see a sh*t brand and a shit team play den fine. Is d same reason dat ppl claimin WI cricket dyin...d WI team is sh*t.

Trinidad T20 cricket team is good. So we go pay money to see dem. Throw in a potential bess lime and yuh got a lovely combo.

I love me trini football, but i go quicker pay 20 dollars to go an watch a minor league game in d eddie hart league dan 10 to watch a pro league game. Y? because i not payin a dam cent to watch men who suppose to b trainin every day play a pack ah sh*t. Ah prefer see mih padnahs who limin on d block take a sweat and build jones.

However, when we start to get real players and improve we brand (doh matter d result...dat will come) den ppl go full up d stadium and dem.

And doh even talk bout d admin....was d same admin in 89 when d stadium and dem was ram out wit d strike squad. d admin have little to do wit it. is d blasted sh*t we does b playin.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
tt cricket has the best youth system, hence guys like pollard, barath, bravo and other names which are now coming to the fray.

not to mention u19 names like cariah, lewis and ottley who will be big in a few years time.

football could definately take a page out of the cricket, i remember starting similar threads to this one a few years ago.

Look Jack Warner can take a page out of the cricket people. Football has from the late 60's started some form of youth system. It was going fine until JW start ------ it up. This is the same Jack Warner was telling Alloy Lequay that they need to take a page from football when we were riding high on Germany. All yuh know where the problem lies. getting rid of Jack and his cabal will resolve that issue. We need a f-------ing change. anything is useless. You trying to tell me all them years them f---kers in power they don't know how to develop and run a youth system. All them fifa and contcacaf seminars and coaching courses they running year after f--king year at the centre of excellence and they can't develop a decent youth system.

But I glad cricket is doing the right thing.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Look Jack Warner can take a page out of the cricket people. Football has from the late 60's started some form of youth system. It was going fine until JW start ------ it up. This is the same Jack Warner was telling Alloy Lequay that they need to take a page from football when we were riding high on Germany. All yuh know where the problem lies. getting rid of Jack and his cabal will resolve that issue. We need a f-------ing change. anything is useless. You trying to tell me all them years them f---kers in power they don't know how to develop and run a youth system. All them fifa and contcacaf seminars and coaching courses they running year after f--king year at the centre of excellence and they can't develop a decent youth system.

But I glad cricket is doing the right thing.
I never saw you this angry ,Yankee and thing Deeks .Doh stress ,we cant win  ,not after I see Jack was Prime Minister two weeks  ago lol .He obeah strong .

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
observer, palos, controversial, deeks, please answer this question:

does lequay get pay based on the success of t&t cricket or is it like jack where he get pay based on internal cricket politics?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Honestly, I don't know how Lequay gets renumerations from cricket. from primary school I have heard and known Alloy in sports and sports administration, but more so cricket. I met him in Mayaro when he spoke at the end of an exhibition game between the Atlantico and the 74 youth team. he is indeed a pleasant chap, although from the outside he appears serious. he appears to be a disciplinarian also and he transcends that into cricket. Other than that, I don't much about Alloy.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy

does lequay get pay based on the success of t&t cricket or is it like jack where he get pay based on internal cricket politics?

to be totally honest breds i have no idea what he gets from cricket revenues, but he may get a kick back from the ttcb when tt does well at intl tournaments.

however it doesnt curtail the progression of our cricket, from what i have seen so far.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Lequay doh get paid..where allyuh get that from? Jack is get paid an official salary as special advisor or he is just theif whatever money the federation make?

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

its an interesting situation, they are friends with lequay but at the same time they are running the show. i liked the murray admin and would have supported them fully if they were still in power. however, they wanted to remove ganga as captain which is something i strongly disagree with

What's wrong with removing Ganga as captain? I believe if you can no longer seriously make the windies and it have youths waiting to take your spot (Imran Khan, Darren Bravo, Cariah, two Ottleys, Guillen etc), their is no reason why you HAVE to be there. Ganga should be treated like any other player.

All the hullaballoo about Jamaica making Lambert their captain over Gayle, who you feel is Windies next captain after Gayle gone? It looking like Dwayne bravo. So we better get ready to start grooming him soon if we looking to help Windies cricket.

1]; } ?>