March 28, 2024, 03:17:11 PM

Author Topic: Thread for the Club Santos Laguna vs San Juan Jabloteh game (04-Aug-2010)  (Read 8528 times)

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
I am a journalist, we are not supposed to curry-favour with any coach, we say it as it is....

Cleon John, Willis Plaza, Elijah Manners, Oliver, Guerra, Bateau, Primus, Noel Williams, Marcano, Joel Russell, Cyrano Glen and Karlon Murray were all under Fenwick (when he left in April 2009); btw, who brought back an out-of-shape Ronaldo Viana back to the Pro League?

Since the 2010 season BEGAN, only Cleon John and Bateau have progressed - Plaza cannot score, Manners seems timid, Oliver is on borrowed time, Guerra cannot even make a diagonal pass, Primus seems mentally weak, Marcano is still wild, Russell and Glen are still developing and Murray is off the radar.

Lastly, I've seen six of Jabloteh's 10 Pro League games this season, so I can only say it as it is....

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
One thing I forgot to mention....

For the majority of the Pro League season, Jabloteh has played with NO, and I repeat, NO recognised striker, at times they've used Willis Plaza, Guerra and Viana up front, with Marcano on the left wing, but they (IN PRO LEAGUE GAMES) never looked like scoring goals, and the adage remains goals wins matches.

I repeat once more, only Cleon John, on this team, looks like national material, that shows how bad this team is....

Yours Truly,

At 1 nil...it seemed all Jab needed was a goal and a little bit of luck.

When John saved the penalty I thought that mighta been the spark to spur them on.  :-\

But half time like them fellas drink some bad water or get pay off or something cause it was total shambles after that.

The ref even feel sorry for us and didnt give the Mexicans a penalty in the dregs when the left back wrestle the man in the fig skin yellow boots to the ground.

I had a lil hope for them still but yes it was a comprehensive cut arse.

I hoping Joe Public redeem the PFL in this competition. It nice to see us on ESPN and Fox.

ok cool, apart from Hector Sam and Jerrel Britto, who are currently out and out strikers on the Jabloteh squad?

I am a journalist, we are not supposed to curry-favour with any coach, we say it as it is....

Cleon John, Willis Plaza, Elijah Manners, Oliver, Guerra, Bateau, Primus, Noel Williams, Marcano, Joel Russell, Cyrano Glen and Karlon Murray were all under Fenwick (when he left in April 2009); btw, who brought back an out-of-shape Ronaldo Viana back to the Pro League?

Since the 2010 season BEGAN, only Cleon John and Bateau have progressed - Plaza cannot score, Manners seems timid, Oliver is on borrowed time, Guerra cannot even make a diagonal pass, Primus seems mentally weak, Marcano is still wild, Russell and Glen are still developing and Murray is off the radar.

Lastly, I've seen six of Jabloteh's 10 Pro League games this season, so I can only say it as it is....

Fair enough, da's the squad in April 2009..prior to the Pro league Season last year right? That Jean essentially coached ALL SEASON?

Who remains from his 2008 championship winning squad? And of the lot who remains, who were key core members of that squad?

Right now you sounding more like a disgruntled fan than a journalist, because by comparing beating San Francisco to qualify to facing Santos, you threw objectivity, which a journalist supposed to TRY to maintain a level of, out the window.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 08:46:39 AM by Arazi »

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Apart from Sam and Britto, none; whose fault is that? Isn't the coach's job to ensure that they have worthy players on their team? In fact, Sam never played a Pro League match and Britto has only played 3, if so much.

From the 2008 team - Oliver, Cleon John, Karlon Murray, Ronald Primus, Bateau, Guerra, Joel Russell, Manners and Britto.

I am NOT a disgruntled fan, I don't even support football teams (except the Netherlands, since my favourite player is Marco Van Basten); but just do me a favour, go to 3 of Jabloteh's next Pro League games, and you'll see for yourself (and not just judge over what you saw last night....)

Fair enough, da's the squad in April 2009..prior to the Pro league Season last year right? That Jean essentially coached ALL SEASON?

Who remains from his 2008 championship winning squad? And of the lot who remains, who were key core members of that squad?

Right now you sounding more like a disgruntled fan than a journalist, because by comparing beating San Francisco to qualify to facing Santos, you threw objectivity, which a journalist supposed to TRY to maintain a level of, out the window.

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
And based on what I have read to date:  one of the  reasons given for cancelling our national team practice ids the reliance on players from Jabloteh........do we not have any other options? what about recalling the best of our players from the MLS?

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Apart from Sam and Britto, none; whose fault is that? Isn't the coach's job to ensure that they have worthy players on their team? In fact, Sam never played a Pro League match and Britto has only played 3, if so much.

From the 2008 team - Oliver, Cleon John, Karlon Murray, Ronald Primus, Bateau, Guerra, Joel Russell, Manners and Britto.

I am NOT a disgruntled fan, I don't even support football teams (except the Netherlands, since my favourite player is Marco Van Basten); but just do me a favour, go to 3 of Jabloteh's next Pro League games, and you'll see for yourself (and not just judge over what you saw last night....)

you didn't answer the other question? how many were core players?

Any of those players you named were Trent Noel? Peter Byers? Lester Peltier? Cyd Gray?

Don't think so.

But I agree with you, Jabloteh aren't as half as good as they used to be. And I was particularly shocked that a Terry Fenwick coached Jabloteh looked so poor, but as I said in my opinion they looked much the same under Jean, IN MY OPINION.

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
And based on what I have read to date:  one of the  reasons given for cancelling our national team practice ids the reliance on players from Jabloteh........do we not have any other options? what about recalling the best of our players from the MLS?

I've seen better performances from these players, so I wouldn't go on one game by a disorganised, disoriented team to drop the axe; Guerra and Primus in particular are capable of much better.

Also the practice was cancelled due to absence of Joe Public players as well.

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Concerning AB Trini who asked about the cancellation of national team practice - Jabloteh and Joe Public are involved in Champions League action this week while, on Saturday, Jabloteh will join Defence Force and Connection in the Lucozade Goal Shield semis (North East don't have any national players, literally and on merit), therefore the clubs will obviously want their players to remain fit for their club duties.

With regards to Arazi, only Karlon Murray was a core player of the 2008 team.

Here's my BEEF with Fenwick - the 2009 team lacked genuine firepower up front (under Jean), since Fenwick came back they're scoring less goals (at this stage than last year) and accumulated less points (at this stage than last year); isn't the coach job to ensure that he can rely on his attack, rather than his defence, since goals win matches?

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Here's my BEEF with Fenwick - the 2009 team lacked genuine firepower up front (under Jean), since Fenwick came back they're scoring less goals (at this stage than last year) and accumulated less points (at this stage than last year); isn't the coach job to ensure that he can rely on his attack, rather than his defence, since goals win matches?

But Jerol Forbes never live up to his name and Jabloteh not providing the money for Fenwick to buy more fire power.

Marcano, Cato, Cyrano Glen and Britto should be firing all now, what the hell they waiting on, all this talk and they cant break through. Thats four decend strikers, they need some belt.

Hector Sam is pure bull.

Players have to take blame to.

Remember to that Jabloteh concede the least amount of goals so far in the league, and they defence looked poor vs Santos what does that say for the rest of the teams.

North East Stars is a PNM team and Jack under power, therefore no North East players will ever get call to play for T&T.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 09:21:12 AM by Sando »

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Concerning AB Trini who asked about the cancellation of national team practice - Jabloteh and Joe Public are involved in Champions League action this week while, on Saturday, Jabloteh will join Defence Force and Connection in the Lucozade Goal Shield semis (North East don't have any national players, literally and on merit), therefore the clubs will obviously want their players to remain fit for their club duties.

With regards to Arazi, only Karlon Murray was a core player of the 2008 team.

Ah now, we making progress. I agree. Since last year I noted Jabloteh's lack of goal scorers and I surprised that Hector Sam is still around with Jabloteh, much less starting for them. They have no strikers except Britto really, who is used out wide for them and is still fairly green in terms of senior level football.

It is Fenwick's culpability for this, as it was probably for the departure of SO many key players prior to the 2009 and probably 2010 season.

It's a shame as well, because of the Pro League teams around, I expected the Jabloteh team, especially the one that won in 2008, to be Pro League team that could stand up in CCL.

Unfortunately they've regressed badly.

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

But Jerol Forbes never live up to his name and Jabloteh not providing the money for Fenwick to buy more fire power.

Marcano, Cato, Cyrano Glen and Britto should be firing all now, what the hell they waiting on, all this talk and they cant break through. Thats four decend strikers, they need some belt.

Hector Sam is pure bull.

Players have to take blame to.

Remember to that Jabloteh concede the least amount of goals so far in the league, and they defence looked poor vs Santos what does that say for the rest of the teams.

North East Stars is a PNM team and Jack under power, therefore no North East players will ever get call to play for T&T.

Correction: Jabloteh DON'T have the money for Fenwick to buy additional firepower.

and
Who in the North East Stars squad deserve a national pick?

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
I concur, we can agree to disagree but be mature about it....

Offline pops

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
yourstruly i read alllllllllllllllllllllllllllll your responses and you just proved the poor state of Trindad's sports journalism as you fail to answer any of the points I talked about ....not one .....i hope you know as a journalist you dont have a PR job ......no one is putting fenwick on a pedastal .....the point is fenwick has built a team once and destroyed the proleague normal normal .....and when he did do that ....it was with a young core .....many of which are gone now .....some essential stats have dissapeared ....it is a rebuliding year and all the players you called as being counter productive except viana ammmm was alwaysssss with jabloteh .....your point of how jean led jab past the prelims makes nooo sense as the same San fransico side Jean beat to qualify to the group stage lost by 9 goals this year to a mexican side this year .....yes a 9 goal agg loss .....so how in the hell you could compare Terry's draw to that of Earl ......as i said before there is not one proleague team that would have won last night none .....and as i said before if you followed the league ...well good ....you would know that it was allllways fenwick intention to play with no strikers ......it must be rebuliding ....as there is noooo team with a u 23 back line in trinidad and noooo team with 3 former u 17 players....ala britto ,peltier,cato....

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
isn't the coach job to ensure that he can rely on his attack, rather than his defence, since goals win matches?

Well this clearly depends on a coach's philosophy... see Greece... some might say recent Chelsea vintages as well
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Well pops, if you can improve the state of Trinidad's sports journalism, give me a holla, since you can't (at this point in time), I will not have you to study.

At least Arazi had sense to understand where I coming from, you seem to be just bitter cuz Jabloteh lost, and trying to look for excuses (a PNM trait I wonder)....

This is Fenwick's third stint as Jabloteh coach and this is the WORST Jabloteh team ever, whose fault is that? Who is coaching the team? Who is being paid to coach this team? Who wants to coach this team till thy kingdom come?

Finally, if it is Fenwick's intention to play with no strikers, how will he get goals? Who will score goals? Who looks capable enough to be reliant up front? Geez, what you went to school for? Box-lunch?  ???

yourstruly i read alllllllllllllllllllllllllllll your responses and you just proved the poor state of Trindad's sports journalism as you fail to answer any of the points I talked about ....not one .....i hope you know as a journalist you dont have a PR job ......no one is putting fenwick on a pedastal .....the point is fenwick has built a team once and destroyed the proleague normal normal .....and when he did do that ....it was with a young core .....many of which are gone now .....some essential stats have dissapeared ....it is a rebuliding year and all the players you called as being counter productive except viana ammmm was alwaysssss with jabloteh .....your point of how jean led jab past the prelims makes nooo sense as the same San fransico side Jean beat to qualify to the group stage lost by 9 goals this year to a mexican side this year .....yes a 9 goal agg loss .....so how in the hell you could compare Terry's draw to that of Earl ......as i said before there is not one proleague team that would have won last night none .....and as i said before if you followed the league ...well good ....you would know that it was allllways fenwick intention to play with no strikers ......it must be rebuliding ....as there is noooo team with a u 23 back line in trinidad and noooo team with 3 former u 17 players....ala britto ,peltier,cato....

Offline pops

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
ahahahahahah :rotfl: dont get emotional homie ......all i am saying your points are invaild and show lack of knowledge or maybe a lack of the objectivity that is needed by u .....that being said this is a forum and you are entilted to your opinion .....indenpendent of how skewed these opinions are ......and the funny thing is i am a journalist just like you butttttt i dont live in trinidad and work away and I just wish you guys would but a little bit more quality into your research .....i am nnot about insulting you and repeating insults you used before with others ......."box lunch" hahhahaahah.....i know you and who you are and i am not insulting you but u neeed to do better work mannnnn

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Much thanks for your clarity, and your views, don't mind I may not agree with it, such is life....

ahahahahahah :rotfl: dont get emotional homie ......all i am saying your points are invaild and show lack of knowledge or maybe a lack of the objectivity that is needed by u .....that being said this is a forum and you are entilted to your opinion .....indenpendent of how skewed these opinions are ......and the funny thing is i am a journalist just like you butttttt i dont live in trinidad and work away and I just wish you guys would but a little bit more quality into your research .....i am nnot about insulting you and repeating insults you used before with others ......."box lunch" hahhahaahah.....i know you and who you are and i am not insulting you but u neeed to do better work mannnnn

1]; } ?>