April 18, 2024, 05:24:42 PM

Author Topic: Latapy is the our best bet. here is why!! Please, Flex forward to Jack Warner.  (Read 6769 times)

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
We are going for a quick fix, remember what happened with Potterfield. You need a good local coach who understand the way we love to play this game and Latas is only one I can recommend for a quick fix. A outside coach will come in and probably try to change our players style of play, this can work but will take some time and right now we don't have time 2006 is just around the corner.

FLEX,CAN YOU FROWARD THIS SMALL ADVISE TO JACK WARNER.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Nonsense... What coaching credential does Latas have now... You think he leaving when they about to get promoted... When Latas starts coaching he will havce to start as an assitant then move up the ranks.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
A outside coach will come in and probably try to change our players style of play, this can work but will take

What style of play we have to be proud of ?

Ball-watching,

Mis-trapping,

Not shooting towards goal?

I wish somebody would come and change this.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Samo....yuh is a madman or what.  Latas has much credentials.  He is currently a coach, not to mention he has played professionally for years.  Like Doc Rivers (current coach of the Boston Celtics) once said "I can't coach and play at the same time".  Meaning he has a lot of relevant experience.  What experience Jurgen Klinsman have?  What experience does Van Basten have?  

Nonesense is right!  Latas can coach the team.  The question is whether or not they'll give him the chance.

Arimian to meh heart

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation

LATAS  IS  NOW OUR ASSISTANT COACH.

Flex now post the TTFF press release

http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=549.0

Yorke playing hard, Latas coming back to coach, we get a qualified Dutch Coach, Lincoln is a boss.

Is Christmas!?

None of that mean we qualifying but I expect improvements.  If only we could keep it like that past WCQ.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
I haven't been so encouraged with T&T football for a very long time.

Watch de Ride!!!!!!!

;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I second that Palos

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
This change should be better than no change at all. What we have provided for the players is a manager they could have some faith and confidence in.
Do you think our team was playing with the kind of confidence that is necessary to move forward?

Most recently , when Barbados was a challenge for us to get by, that was a ign of things to follow.

Respectfully Submitted

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Why can't TNT reap the benefit?
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2005, 09:48:14 AM »
 This excerpt this  once more illustrates how we in our enduring mercies rely on these players succcess for our hope. We read of our players performances and think: How could man with a good conscience raise the level of their game and be good for foreign idols yet  could so easily forsake their mother country? The sons of our soil has abandoned? why or why has thou forsaken the place of yuh birth?

Falkirk coach calls Latapy ‘Absolutely magnificent’ (TNT EXPRESS)

“Just the way he controls the ball and passes it on—you don’t need to break your stride to collect the ball.”

“When he’s got the right head on, he’s absolutely magnificent, a delight to watch. Football guys know exactly what I mean by that,” Hughes said.

Latapy was in inspiring form on Saturday, as Falkirk sought to rebound from their 2-0 loss to Inverness Caledonian Thistle on the opening day of the season.

The mercurial midfielder, who turned down a chance to play for T&T earlier this year, was the genius behind Falkirk’s display and almost sent Falkirk ahead after 15 minutes, but curled his shot wide of the left post.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2005, 03:15:15 PM by Tallman »

Offline Mr Mc

• Hero Warrior
  • Take pride in yuh side!! Vibes it Up!!!
    • View Profile
    • Trini Jungle Juice
Re: Why can't TNT reap the benefit?
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2005, 11:57:06 AM »
In my opinion adding Latapy to the squad instanly raises all facets of our game, opponets have to be aware of him on the field, we have more control of the ball and the game just what Beenie wants, the service to the forwards will improve, the pressure on our defense will decrease.  Our chances of qualifying are THAT much better with him on the team.
Why he is denying himself the chance to make history, I simply cannot fathom ???

Even if he dont care bout TnT anymore, he have to realize this is his last shot to play in the big show that all footballers aspire too, and selfhishness alone should motivate him to want to be a part of this or at least not miss out on the possibility.

I give up on Latas, I hope we qualify and Cyd Gray get to play in a World Cup game.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2005, 01:03:01 AM »
If we qualify for the World Cup bawl all alyuh want Latas playing  :D
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
FYI

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
No need 4 Flex 2 forward JW is au courant of what goes on here
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
Re: Latapy is the our best bet. here is why!! Please, Flex forward to Jack Warne
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2008, 02:05:03 AM »

LATAS  IS  NOW OUR ASSISTANT COACH.

Flex now post the TTFF press release

http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=549.0

Yorke playing hard, Latas coming back to coach, we get a qualified Dutch Coach, Lincoln is a boss.

Is Christmas!?

None of that mean we qualifying but I expect improvements.  If only we could keep it like that past WCQ.
DCS, look the link here
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=606.msg3355#msg3355
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
This will be the toughest assignment Latas will ever have in his Soccer career,my reason is not Soccer itself,everybody in the country knows Latas personally and so does Latas,people will want to call ,write,email him with who to select,change etc etc what to tell JW/TTFF,he is the whole package because he is player and Coach which means he part of the administration and players,he has to make decisions on both sides,it have times he will get caught between(conflicts) and i hope he is man/strong enough to stand up to the masses when the time comes,the thing is when you are popular/favourite it comes with a price,i really wish he could be what we are hoping for.       

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Yup...we will see Latas popularity decline for the first time.
Soon he will be considered a mere mortal again and people will start comparing Gally and Steve David and Warren Archibald to him, even though this has nothin to do with his playing abilities.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Soon he will be considered a mere mortal again and people will start comparing Gally and Steve David and Warren Archibald to him, even though this has nothin to do with his playing abilities.

Maybe, maybe not.  High risk, high reward!
Arimian to meh heart

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2008, 07:18:36 AM »
It coming to pass.

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
No need 4 Flex 2 forward JW is au courant of what goes on here

Yuh serious??!!... :o  oh shucks I need to stop saying all those "nice" things about him...heh heh heh ;D
Ah still eh know what to make of this latest move....oh well back to work....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile

Maybe, maybe not.  High risk, high reward!

You either die a hero or live long enough to become the villian...
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline College

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Samo....yuh is a madman or what.  Latas has much credentials.  He is currently a coach, not to mention he has played professionally for years.  Like Doc Rivers (current coach of the Boston Celtics) once said "I can't coach and play at the same time".  Meaning he has a lot of relevant experience. What experience Jurgen Klinsman have? What experience does Van Basten have? Nonesense is right!  Latas can coach the team.  The question is whether or not they'll give him the chance.

Nice comparisons...My sentiments exactly. When ah first hear the news, the first thing come to mind was what Klinsman did for Germany...

We will still be lacking technically because that cant change overnight, but ah think moral and the tempo of our game will greatly improve.

In the US game it was sad and embarrasing to see heads hanging and no apparent leadership or fight.. ah  think Latas involvement go improve this .. ah could only imagine what the dressing room go be like... because the wee man has done it all before and has been doing it for 40 years! Now ah have to buy another #10

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile

If this team make the WC, his popularity will increase higher than it is presently. They don't even have to win ah game just reach in Africa 2010.  ;D 
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock itit will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
They don't even have to win ah game just reach in Africa 2010.  ;D 
you should be in charge of TTFF :devil:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 05:42:34 PM by WestCoast »
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
NAh! Ah trying to teach Pacho and them how to motivate thee team.  ;D
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock itit will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
Lots of National Legends fell from grace when they became National Team coaches.

Hagi, Stoickof, Hugo Sanchez, Medford, Keegan, Gally, Alvin (locally), Van Basten (just ask the Dutch after Euro), Platini, Donadoni, Falcao. The list goes on. Be warned Latas!
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Lots of National Legends fell from grace when they became National Team coaches.

Hagi, Stoickof, Hugo Sanchez, Medford, Keegan, Gally, Alvin (locally), Van Basten (just ask the Dutch after Euro), Platini, Donadoni, Falcao. The list goes on. Be warned Latas!

Dat unfair to list dem fellas wit Alvin.  At least dem fellas all won something at some kinda level.  Alvin never win at any level...not even in College Football...needah here nor in de US.  By de way...how u leff out Dale Mitchell from dah list so?  ;D

On de oddah hand, yuh have former Legends who did quite well at de National team level.....Klinsmann, Beckenbauer, Mario Zagallo, Gally Cummings, Slaven Bilic, Rudi Voeller, etc.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I think people doh realize that the beginning of this thread was in 2005.... I thinkl Latas have a lot offer as a coach... Back in 05, I think he needed some experience under his belt..
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 06:58:00 PM by samo »

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
Congrats to Latas man.

All de time we asking...demanding that JW and the TTFF do sumthing abt maturana...anything wld be better than him...look at what Bermuda did under his coaching!!!

We get Latas now....someone who know Trinidad, cld speak english..and MOST importantly have that passion for we TnT football to help we boys get the WC'10.

Reading tru these posts i seeing one set ah ppl busssing up dey mouth bout "ohhh this challenge and that challenge for Latas and we Soca Warriors..."

Ohh Gorr de man eh even start he wuk yet and all yuh done bumping all yuh gum...relax nah...he better than Maturana...

Typical Trini's and we ignorance...
No one on this site is ah see-ah-man...but we ha one set ah fight down talk....

Just vibes out....relax....take in de football...den talk...

Congrats Trinidad and Tobago...congrats Soca Warriors, and congrats to the Small Magician...we on we way to 2010!

Respectfully!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Nah de best bet is to appoint Fennick and have Richard Thompson in de forward line .. leh we go back to boom boom football ....
When you have apples your best bet is apple stew....yuh just kyah make cornmeal porridge to share with nodody !
Men acting like Latas reach ..problems solved ! ..he go get Carlos to stop giving away de ball so often ? .. to get man to trap clean and pass without running too much with de ball ? What about not making 5 good passes without a bad one in between even when under no pressure ?
All yuh tink Latas could change some ah dem fellas who does play like dey already in world cup and could celebrate when deh lorse just like eef dey win ?
All yuh eh see how man does kiss de shirt in countries where football is serious business and how is " me " man does celebrate down here when dey do ah ting ?"
Latas go teach we " professionals " dat dey only hurting deyself when dey sneak off to make some change "  in ah minor league and kyah give of their best when it really matters ?
An tell allyuh already when yuh stand for nothing yuh fall for everything ...I kyah believe how easy Jack does get allyuh to bite at every lil piece ah food he throw .... so now Latas here ..problems solved !!!
fire maturana ...what he know dat we dont ?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

You either die a hero or live long enough to become the villian...

Bruce Wayne called... he wants to know when you plan on returning the Batmobile.

1]; } ?>