April 26, 2024, 10:34:11 AM

Author Topic: Latapy is the our best bet. here is why!! Please, Flex forward to Jack Warner.  (Read 6923 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Yeah Jai all d tale of woes we have what yuh guy 2 bout it not 1 fart so relax and let Latas do worse what we have 2 loose.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Remember this post and the negative comments.

Offline assrancid

• Man who scratch ass should not bite fingernails.
  • Hero Warrior
  • Education should be the handmaid of citizenship.
    • View Profile
    • Stony Brook University
This will be the toughest assignment Latas will ever have in his Soccer career,my reason is not Soccer itself,everybody in the country knows Latas personally and so does Latas,people will want to call ,write,email him with who to select,change etc etc what to tell JW/TTFF,he is the whole package because he is player and Coach which means he part of the administration and players,he has to make decisions on both sides,it have times he will get caught between(conflicts) and i hope he is man/strong enough to stand up to the masses when the time comes,the thing is when you are popular/favourite it comes with a price,i really wish he could be what we are hoping for.       

I find you should not be supporting Trinidad football at all!  Afterall according to you Sunderland plays shit becasue they have too many trinis on the team....so how many trinis on the Trinidad and Tobago team?

That going to be a major shit side...what yuh say Coops?  Yuh shit pot!

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
A outside coach will come in and probably try to change our players style of play, this can work but will take

What style of play we have to be proud of ?

Ball-watching,

Mis-trapping,

Not shooting towards goal?

I wish somebody would come and change this.

If that the case...what these local coached doing...with the young local boy....all these kids from intercol or whatever moving up the rank with alot of football deficiency...ah guess you could get a fifa lic...for a buck

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
We are going for a quick fix, remember what happened with Potterfield. You need a good local coach who understand the way we love to play this game and Latas is only one I can recommend for a quick fix. A outside coach will come in and probably try to change our players style of play, this can work but will take some time and right now we don't have time 2006 is just around the corner.

FLEX,CAN YOU FROWARD THIS SMALL ADVISE TO JACK WARNER.
Couple things, I know this thread from '95, ah ah cyah figure why it is revived..3yrs later, Lata is more qualified, though still only good enuff to temporarily be named asst.
Latas has spent most of his playing career abroad, and developed all his coaching experience abroad, so he is a foreign player and outside coach. More than familiarity with our style of play, whatever that is today, Lata may have a greater read on how the game should be played, the question becomes, barring the members of the senior National A team, majority of whom are foreigners, is he able to deliver the message as he understand it, and can the Top local players interpret/translate  the important aspects of his coaching technique...I hope he(Latas) is not overwhelmed and get to bogged down in details, I am not certain a year of asst. coaching is enough..Unless Latas maybe has some help, to make a wider impact, e.g. coaching the coaches, but would they listen, or would Latapy's message be the right message, would a year be enuff....maybe if someone repost this in another 3 years   ;D

truetrini

Latas is a legend in T&T, apart from yorke, perhaps the mostly celebrated.  His iconic presence does more for the team that Maturana can do in one year!

He has the respect and awe of may of the players, and many will tell you that growing up, they wanted to play like Latapy.  They will listen and do their best to follow his instruction and lead.

Maturana's best course of action now is to go and try to pull some plaque from Camps teeth!

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
yeah flex and while you're sending this on to Jack, can you also change coach's screen name to "tool" one time?

thanks.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

1]; } ?>