April 23, 2024, 04:45:08 AM

Author Topic: TT team for Jamaican game on August 11 2010  (Read 7433 times)

Offline YoursTruly

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
TT team for Jamaican game on August 11 2010
« on: August 08, 2010, 01:15:01 PM »
Latapy’s names 20-man squad for Reggae Boyz friendly
Issued by TTFF, August 8,2010

National Senior men’s team head coach Russell Latapy on Sunday announced his 20-man squad for Wednesday’s friendly international against Jamaica and it includes several high performers from the T&T Pro League including top marksmen Kerry Baptiste of Joe Public and Defence Force duo Devon Jorsling and Kevon  Carter.

Also in the mix will be Puerto Rico Islanders duo Kendall Jagdeosingh and Keon Daniel whose club enjoyed a triumph over MLS club La Galaxy in the Concacaf Champions League last week.

However, San Jose Earthquakes striker Cornell Glen will not be available for Wednesday's friendly because of last minute overseas commitments.

Glen, who was invited for the encounter last week, has indicated his willingness to accept further invitations for upcoming international friendlies once called up again.

Also missing will be midfielders Densill Theobald and Clyde Leon through injury but experienced Joe Public midfielder Trent Noel and teammate Hayden Tinto are in the squad alongside W Connection’s Hughtun Hector.

Both Jorsling and Carter enjoying good runs, having scored in the recent 4-1 win over Antigua/Barbuda last month while Baptiste is coming off a fine opening item in Joe Public’s 4-2 win over Costa Rica’s Brujas FC last Wednesday.

T&T’s back line includes the likes of Defence Force’s duo Aklie Edwards and Keston Edwards as well as W Connection’s Kern Cupid and  Makan Hislop are also in the squad while Public’s Carlyle Mitchell has gotten a first time call for the new year from Latapy.

The Jamaicans, who also face Costa Rica in another friendly later this month and like T&T, are preparing for the 2010 Digicel Caribbean Cup, will arrive in Port of Spain on Monday evening and will train once on Tuesday ahead of the match.

They are expected to have five overseas-based players in their squad including New York Red Bulls player Dane Richards, San Jose Earthquakes’ Ryan Johnson, Rodolph Austin of Norwegian Premier League side SK Brann and Eric Vernan, currently on loan to Nybergsund IL, in Norway and LA Galaxy goalkeeper Donovon Ricketts.

Both Latapy and Jamaican head coach Theodore Whitmore are widely regarded as two of the most decorated and recognized players to represent their respective countries and will be coming head to head for the first time since taking over the positions of head coach of both countries.

For Latapy, it is just another key element of what promises to be another intriguing clash between the region’s top two teams.

“Like I said before, we haven’t seen Jamaica in a while and I wanted to see where they are at the moment and I’m pretty sure they will be hoping to do the same. It’s going to give us another idea of where we are at right now in preparations for the Digicel Cup,” Latapy told TTFF Media.

“The only point we have to prove is to play to the best of our ability. It’s always interesting when Trinidad and Tobago faces Jamaica and football is a game when you never stop learning.

This is always one of the bigger games in Caribbean football is just now as you’re getting older you end up coming up against players in a different capacity and we’re both at the helm of our countries national teams,” Latapy said in reference to the match up against Whitmore.

Wednesday’s evening of matches kicks off at 4pm with T&T’s Women’s Under 17 team meeting the T&T Women’s Senior Team followed by a 6pm start for the feature match between the “Soca Warriors” and the Reggae Boyz”. Tickets priced at $40 for adults and $20 for kids will be available on Wednesday at the venue.

T&T 20-man squad

Goalkeepers
1) Marvin Philip -Joe Public
2) Jan Michael Williams -W Connection

Defenders
3) Makan Hislop -Joe Public
4) Keston Williams – Defence Force
5) Aklie Edwards - Defence Force
6) Kern Cupid- W Connection
7) Carlyle Mitchell - Joe Public

Midfielders
8] Kendall Jagdeosingh – Puerto Rico Islanders
9) Hughtun Hector – W Connection
10) Kevon Carter- Defence Force
11) Hayden Tinto – Joe Public
12) Keon Daniel –P.R. Islanders
13) Devon Jamerson – Ma Pau FC
14) Trent Noel – Joe Public
15) Ataullah Guerra - Jabloteh

Forwards
16) Matthew Bartholomew - W Connection
17) Shahdon Winchester - W Connection
18) Jason Marcano - Jabloteh FC
19) Kerry Baptiste – Joe Public
20) Devon Jorsling -Defence
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 06:07:42 AM by Flex »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TT team for Jamaican game on August 11 2010
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 02:13:08 PM »
What happened to  Juma CLARENCE ?? still baffled at jamerson inclusion
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 02:24:12 PM »
Well atleast latas picking players who we had on our list unlike some other coaches .We just Sam and or the Mags ,to tell us who shitty and who miss out .
BYW isnt Darryl Roberts home ?

Offline MEP

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 03:00:25 PM »
whappen to Villaroel???? he eh get call up because he is a starter for PRI?

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 03:12:16 PM »
sorry he did not invite some more foreign base.Those base in the US and conference leagues in England.Good opportunity to see them.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 05:30:40 PM by royal »

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 05:25:37 PM »
Pretty good selection of promising local based by Latas. Daiz de way to go. Despite all de distraction and demoralization by Jackula and his stooges, that Proleague has been a good thing, as the pool of players is much bigger, the gap between foreign and local is not a big deal anymore, the locals are fit for call up almost anytime and we really doh need foreign based to rescue we. I totally agree to focus on local development while keeping an eye on the foreign based and build on the most hungry players who are LOCAL! To play Jamaica yuh cyah be worryin' about whether yuh geyyin' a bush sweat or gangsta tackle from dem yardies to geh injured and lose yuh prized spot in de MLS or Europe. Glad to see Jamerson, ah mean Jorsling and meh boy Baptiste who is back in form.

One thing, we have a somewhat of a holding midfield problem, I feel ... unless certain players are used differently.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 05:18:52 PM by dreamer »
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 05:56:47 PM »
Could have called Birchall or Telesford to play CM alongside Trent....alot of wingers

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 06:07:10 PM »
Birchall shoulda get call. I doh really have a problem with the rest of the squad.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2010, 08:13:59 PM »
Birchall shoulda get call. I doh really have a problem with the rest of the squad.

Ah feel Latas is not a Birchall fan  ???

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 08:43:53 PM »

Ah feel yuh correck.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2010, 08:58:52 PM »

I saw him in the friendly Galaxy play against Real Madrid. He's just as much of a pest defensively and he's improved technically.

Birchall is a great player by T&T standards. Big mistake by the Magician, I can't understand the rationale.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2010, 09:16:52 PM »

I saw him in the friendly Galaxy play against Real Madrid. He's just as much of a pest defensively and he's improved technically.

Birchall is a great player by T&T standards. Big mistake by the Magician, I can't understand the rationale.

We need 2 let we Magicians talk d Magicians. We go strt wit d Big 1 and if he eh listen we go have to unleash d small 1.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2010, 10:10:58 PM »
CB is a boss player, but I have no problem with Latas not calling him back. He already know what Birchie can do, if (God forbid) Birchie gets injured if he is called up in the future, then we need a player who can take that role. So I say give men a chance and let them prove that they deserve a shot...

Offline Red Mango

• because football, does bring we together...
  • Sr. Warrior
  • We Comin'... Bless up!...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2010, 09:39:49 AM »
Come on T&T!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I wanted to bring a different style to the team, to play the Trinbagonian way. Everald "Gally" Cummings

Offline Saltanfresh

• Sr. Warrior
  • Doi! Doi! Doi!....everytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2010, 10:22:16 AM »
Pretty good selection of promising local based by Latas. Daiz de way to go. Despite all de distraction and demoralization by Jackula and his stooges, that Proleague has been a good thing as the pool of players is much bigger, the gap between foreign and local is not a big deal anymore, the locals are fit for call up almost anytime and we really doh need foreign based to rescue we. I totally agree to focus on development while keeping an eye on the foreign based and build on the most hungry players who are LOCAL! To play Jamaica yuh cyah be worrying about whether yuh geyying a bush sweat or gangsta tackle from dem yardies to geh injured and lose yuh prized spot in de MLS or Europe. Glad fo Jamerson and meh boy Baptiste who is back in form.

One thing, we have a somewhat of a holding midfield problem, I feel ... unless certain players are used differently.
Dreamer I agree with everything you say except the holding midfield being somewhat of a problem. I think we have holding midfielders but what we do not have is creative "play makers" or attacking midfielders. Since Latas hang up he boots that position is lacking. The best thing in the pro league is a Japanese guy on Joe Public. Gone are the days when we had many to choose from.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2010, 11:40:21 AM »
CB is a boss player, but I have no problem with Latas not calling him back. He already know what Birchie can do, if (God forbid) Birchie gets injured if he is called up in the future, then we need a player who can take that role. So I say give men a chance and let them prove that they deserve a shot...

The underlying assumption being that Birchall will get the call for more important matches. 

I think that people are doubting that assumption. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2010, 11:54:55 AM »
still baffled at jamerson inclusion

Who else playing defensive midfield in that squad?
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2010, 12:32:36 PM »
Latas is really disgusting me now with these call-ups. Its like he is deliberatly trying to alienate his foreign-based (and best players)..

Also, U-17 girls playing the senior women??!! What kind of fkd up shit is that?

Seriously, who makes these awful decisions?
Hart for president

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2010, 12:37:17 PM »
still baffled at jamerson inclusion

Who else playing defensive midfield in that squad?
jamerson  has not featured in  ma pau starting 11 for months
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 05:47:26 PM by Trini _2014 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2010, 12:51:55 PM »
Defense aside....that squad solid.

I suspect the formation will be the same as last time so it will be

With 4 in the back and 4 up top and is level attacking firepower.                             

Phillip

Cupid              Hislop                      Williams                 Edwards

Jamerson               Noel

Carter               Baptiste                Jorsling                    Guerra/Daniel

I feel Tinto, Hector, Jagdeosingh and whichever fwd will get rotated.

Notice is only 5 defenders so the new guy will come in the 2nd half when a man bun or if a injury occurs.

Once the players keep the ball and move it around we good. Them Jamaicans cyar handle Carter, Baptiste or Tinto.

Is the left side I worried about....the Guerra/Daniel position that exposing Aklie..... But Aklie go handle it.

Expect a good game. Don't worry about our team will will put up a good showing.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2010, 01:25:17 PM »

yuh feel!?!?!?!

Che jed, Latas doh like Chris Birchall, me eh know if is cause he is ah white boy or because he play more than Latas at de WC in 06, but i KNOW Latas doh like Chris Birchall...i waiting for MLS to be over when he have no excuse not to call him to see what he will do

look dis just getting me hot and wishing NOW for ah damn FOREIGN coach so we eh ha to deal wid all dis stupidness...dat being said ah was wondering why the hell Jagdeosingh cyah get call, lo and behold he on de team yes.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2010, 01:28:59 PM »
Has CB repped for TT under Latas as coach?  If so how many caps out of a possible given number?
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2010, 01:29:59 PM »
That is one slow defense.

So Jamerson cyah sweat for he club and making the National team. Sweet.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2010, 02:13:40 PM »
Has CB repped for TT under Latas as coach?  If so how many caps out of a possible given number?

Yeah he played in the Costa Rica match in Tobago last year.  I stand to be corrected but he hasn't played for Latapy since then.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2010, 02:15:56 PM »

Yeah he played in the Costa Rica match in Tobago last year.  I stand to be corrected but he hasn't played for Latapy since then.....

Also played against Mexico in Mexico when we lost 2-1...played a hell of a game too. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2010, 02:22:06 PM »

Also played against Mexico in Mexico when we lost 2-1...played a hell of a game too. 

He did??.......:thinking:.....ah think yuh right....ah sure we resident archive of information will confirm for us soon.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline #4

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • #YGBfiles: The Young, Gifted, and Black Files
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2010, 02:29:08 PM »

He did??.......:thinking:.....ah think yuh right....ah sure we resident archive of information will confirm for us soon.....

Yeah, he did- if I recall correctly, it was his pressure that forced the bad pass from the Mexican defender that led to Tinto's goal.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2010, 05:09:05 PM »

yuh feel!?!?!?!

Che jed, Latas doh like Chris Birchall, me eh know if is cause he is ah white boy or because he play more than Latas at de WC in 06, but i KNOW Latas doh like Chris Birchall...i waiting for MLS to be over when he have no excuse not to call him to see what he will do

look dis just getting me hot and wishing NOW for ah damn FOREIGN coach so we eh ha to deal wid all dis stupidness...dat being said ah was wondering why the hell Jagdeosingh cyah get call, lo and behold he on de team yes.

I really hope that is not the case.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2010, 05:17:07 PM »

yuh feel!?!?!?!

I really hope that is not the case.

CO-SIGNNNNNNNNNN

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2010, 05:27:29 PM »
I say Bring back Beenhakker from now. Or Terry Fenwick. Whats it gna take for Elton John to get a game at right back? He at least deserves a chance. And if Shahdon Winchester can be in the team bcuz of potential then so can Jerrel Britto 

1]; } ?>