April 26, 2024, 10:20:56 PM

Author Topic: TT team for Jamaican game on August 11 2010  (Read 7453 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TT team for Jamaican game on August 11 2010
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2010, 06:05:59 PM »
Latapy: Nothing for T&T to prove

National senior men's team head coach Russell Latapy yesterday said there was nothing to prove when Trinidad and Tobago take on keen Caribbean rivals Jamaica in the first of two friendly internationals on Wednesday.

Latapy yesterday named a 22-man squad to face the Reggae Boyz and told TTFF Media, "the only point we have to prove is to play to the best of our ability."

Included in his squad are several high performers from the T&T Pro League, including top marksmen Kerry Baptiste of Joe Public and the Defence Force duo of Devorn Jorsling and Kevon Carter.

Also in the mix will be the Puerto Rico Islanders pair of Kendall Jagdeosingh and Keon Daniel whose club enjoyed a triumph over MLS side La Galaxy in the Concacaf Champions League last week.

However, San Jose Earthquakes striker Cornell Glen will not be available for Wednesday's friendly because of last minute overseas commitments.

Glen, who was invited for the encounter last week, has indicated his willingness to accept further invitations for upcoming international friendlies once called up again.

Also missing will be midfielders Densill Theobald and Clyde Leon through injury but experienced Joe Public midfielder Trent Noel and teammate Hayden Tinto are in the squad alongside W Connection's Hughton Hector. Both Jorsling and Carter are enjoying good runs, having scored in the recent 4-1 win over Antigua/Barbuda last month, while Baptiste is coming off a fine opening item in Joe Public's 4-2 win over Costa Rica's Brujas FC last Wednesday.

T&T's back line includes Defence Force players Aklie Edwards and Keston Edwards as well as W Connection's Kern Cupid and Makan Hislop. Joe Public's Carlyle Mitchell has gotten a first time call for the new year from Latapy.

Like T&T, the Jamaicans—who also face Costa Rica in another friendly later this month—are preparing for the 2010 Digicel Caribbean Cup. They will arrive in Port of Spain this evening.

Both Latapy and Jamaican head coach Theodore Whitmore are widely regarded as two of the most decorated and recognised players to represent their respective countries and will be coming head to head for the first time since taking over the top coaching positions of their countries. For Latapy, it is just another element of what promises to be anintriguing clash between the region's top two teams.

"Like I said before, we haven't seen Jamaica in a while and I wanted to see where they are at the moment and I'm pretty sure they will be hoping to do the same. It's going to give us another idea of where we are at right now in preparations for the Digicel Cup," Latapy said.

Wednesday's evening of matches kicks off at 4pm with the T&T's women's Under-17 team meeting the T&T women's senior team, followed by a 6pm start for the feature match between the "Soca Warriors" and the Reggae Boyz". Tickets are $40 for adults and $20 for children and will be available on Wednesday at the venue.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2010, 06:14:11 PM »

???

How about being the best football team in the region and bragging rights?

I am sure the Reggaeboyz & their coach believe just the opposite to Latapy!  :-[
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 06:16:29 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2010, 06:18:41 PM »

???

How about being the best football team in the region and bragging rights?

I am sure the Reggaeboyz & their coach believe just the opposite to Latapy!  :-[

Latas sounding like ah real a$$...nothing to prove...steups.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2010, 06:37:40 PM »
I am hoping that Latapy's comments, "Nothing to prove" is a tactical move--take undue pressure off his team and have them focus on what he is coaching to.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2010, 06:59:37 PM »
I am hoping that Latapy's comments, "Nothing to prove" is a tactical move--take undue pressure off his team and have them focus on what he is coaching to.

Okay, that could make sense!  :-\
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2010, 07:05:27 PM »

Agreed... this is a young and largely inexperienced squad after all.  To embrace the converse, to go out there and claim that we HAVE to beat Jamaica will likely inspire more opening minutes jitters than confidence.  We all dun know how this National team of ours love to start slow arready.

Offline Sentinel

• Full Warrior
  • Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2010, 11:31:08 PM »
All ah know is that de Jamaicans coming to bus we ass....That is what deh saying...Ah mean dey have real gaul, and arrogance wid it too.  So yuh saying that you coming in MY HOUSE....to kill meh and ah have to just take dat?  Ah mean dat is total disrespect.

In contrast....what we saying?  We aren't got nothing to prove...So deh have something to prove....and we NOTHING?  WTF...is soft we soft or something?  Nah man dat eh nice.

Anything less than a victory for T&T is totally unacceptable!  Death before dishonour.  It simple....I really doh want to hear no bullshit, no excuses afterwards.  That is just my two cents.

truetrini

« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2010, 12:09:06 AM »

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2010, 12:10:57 AM »
All ah know is that de Jamaicans coming to bus we ass....That is what deh saying...Ah mean dey have real gaul, and arrogance wid it too.  So yuh saying that you coming in MY HOUSE....to kill meh and ah have to just take dat?  Ah mean dat is total disrespect.

In contrast....what we saying?  We aren't got nothing to prove...So deh have something to prove....and we NOTHING?  WTF...is soft we soft or something?  Nah man dat eh nice.

Anything less than a victory for T&T is totally unacceptable!  Death before dishonour.  It simple....I really doh want to hear no bullshit, no excuses afterwards.  That is just my two cents.

Discretion, my yute... is the better part of valor.  Jamaica will bump they gums, ketch ah cutass and go home tuh ah hero's welcome  because they are young, inexperienced and expectations surrounding the team aren't ridiculous.  If we loss however it will be interpreted as a referendum on Latapy's tenure and a bellwether for where we stand in our preparations for Brazil.  Entirely unrealistic... but is Trinidad, nutten surprising there.  Latapy is just playing it wise by tamping down the hype... if not the expectations.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2010, 05:19:32 AM »
Nothing to prove- Your Job is on the line- Both you and the yardie coach. The Capt has already told JW that only a foreign coach can take a Caribbean side to the W/C. Interim coaches until the big dance starts.

Offline PIMP

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2010, 05:36:40 AM »
Nothing to prove???.....This seems like Latapy is backing out here and has his excuses ready for a less than positive outcome....On the other hand this could be tactical to reduce pressure on his players and setting up Jamaica for the kill....

With that said I think that the general public are not as naive as before and know the importance of good performances against teams of equal ability or better than us. Against Jamaica I don't think any true supporter of the Soca Warriors would expect nothing less than a win or good performance especially at home. So with that said I do think you have something to prove especially since the verdict is still out on your capabilities as coach.....

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2010, 06:35:45 AM »
Lets hope we can at least not get beaten, I know we are in the rebuilding process and Jamaica have brought in some of their overseas players,six to be exact but that is not all important,identifying players for the next few years is the important for us.Jamaica always like to have "bragging rights" especially when they play us.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 10, 2010, 06:40:13 AM »
I find we giving Jamaica too much respect....dais a shit side.  :devil:

Their prep for this was some parish side across there.

I find we moving frighten frighten....or we playing dead to ketch corbeaux alive.

Once we knock the ball around and Carter, Tinto, Baptisite and Jorsling take it to them we good.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 10, 2010, 07:04:32 AM »
I find we giving Jamaica too much respect....dais a shit side.  :devil:

Their prep for this was some parish side across there.

I find we moving frighten frighten....or we playing dead to ketch corbeaux alive.

Once we knock the ball around and Carter, Tinto, Baptisite and Jorsling take it to them we good.

So 'yuh got ah feelin, the corbeaux brand still around' whooo woo - black list eye pigeon peas  :devil:

add: yuh doh turn ah friendly into ah war, yuh use it to prepare for when it really count
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 07:08:51 AM by maxg »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 10, 2010, 07:12:14 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dw381mWyl64" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Dw381mWyl64</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 10, 2010, 08:09:55 AM »
Lets hope we can at least not get beaten, I know we are in the rebuilding process and Jamaica have brought in some of their overseas players,six to be exact but that is not all important,identifying players for the next few years is the important for us.Jamaica always like to have "bragging rights" especially when they play us.

Jamaica has been using a mix of MLS and domestic talent for the last 5 friendly games including most recently vs Ecuador, South Africa and Argentina, and now T&T. In most cases, the guys based in the UK and the bulk of the players based in other european leagues (Sweden, Norway, Denmark, hungary) have been ommited.

Jamaica's next match on Sept 5 vs Costa Rica will perhaps see only about 4 or 5 players from the current group that is in T&T take the field, as the UK guys will no doubt be called in for this game to bolster the squad (and also bolster gate recipts).

Last time T&T played in Jamaica, Jamaica gave up a comfortable 2-0 lead to tie the game. I can assure you that the team and spectators will remember this game and will be hell bent on avanging that "loss" in the return leg in Kingston in October. the Captian has already promised a full squad for that game.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2010, 08:20:10 AM »
Last time TT played JA in the Coe we were leading 1-0 and the ref gave a phantom penalty on Clayton Ince.

When I tell you I cuss in that game.

Mind you both TT and JA have differing line-ups this time around, only Carter, Daniel and Aklie pass tru the fire.

Here are the memories D Touches Match Report TT VS JA

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2010, 08:26:08 AM »

Last time T&T played in Jamaica, Jamaica gave up a SEEMINGLY comfortable 2-0 lead to tie the game.

Fixed it for you. 

It clearly wasn't that comfortable given the final result in the match...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2010, 08:29:33 AM »
Ah feel Latas is not a Birchall fan  ???

yuh feel!?!?!?!

Che jed, Latas doh like Chris Birchall, me eh know if is cause he is ah white boy or because he play more than Latas at de WC in 06, but i KNOW Latas doh like Chris Birchall...i waiting for MLS to be over when he have no excuse not to call him to see what he will do

I really hope that is not the case.

CO-SIGNNNNNNNNNN
It is the case....:-( I know for a fact too
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2010, 08:35:22 AM »

yuh feel!?!?!?!

Che jed, Latas doh like Chris Birchall, me eh know if is cause he is ah white boy or because he play more than Latas at de WC in 06, but i KNOW Latas doh like Chris Birchall...i waiting for MLS to be over when he have no excuse not to call him to see what he will do

CO-SIGNNNNNNNNNN

You serious??!!   :o :o.....I going into denial mode here, Birchall muss be aint take the pittance bonus Jackie was giving him after all....ah goh take dat over what is being stated here......
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2010, 09:00:15 AM »
reggae-fan,
I didn't know Yard had those matches under their belt,as such I would expect you to win come Wednesday.TT have almost been inactive but as I said winning is only important for "bragging rights".I am only concerned with Latapy identifying players for the future,especially for 2014 Brazil.Jamaica and TT should use more friendlies,its time we start shoeing those Central Americans that we are better than them.

Offline ProudTrinbagonian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2010, 09:32:17 AM »
I expect nothing less than a win from T&T....
I don't care which foreigner they bring and call him Jamaican...

kill dem....we at home...for all the ppl showing up to de game doh be clapping, and diplomatic and thing for the Ja team...is only red, black and white win we talkin about here...

T&T vs Jamaica :bringiton:

whey boy!

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2010, 09:42:36 AM »

yuh feel!?!?!?!

CO-SIGNNNNNNNNNN
That's a serious charge still. You need to provide the facts too, or else man goh say yuh jess like bacchanal.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2010, 09:45:32 AM »
Last time TT played JA in the Coe we were leading 1-0 and the ref gave a phantom penalty on Clayton Ince.

When I tell you I cuss in that game.

Mind you both TT and JA have differing line-ups this time around, only Carter, Daniel and Aklie pass tru the fire.

Here are the memories D Touches Match Report TT VS JA

Is this game being played on Artificial turf?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 09:54:20 AM by reggae-fan »

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2010, 10:05:55 AM »
reggae-fan,
I didn't know Yard had those matches under their belt,as such I would expect you to win come Wednesday.TT have almost been inactive but as I said winning is only important for "bragging rights".I am only concerned with Latapy identifying players for the future,especially for 2014 Brazil.Jamaica and TT should use more friendlies,its time we start shoeing those Central Americans that we are better than them.

Frico

Yes they have had some decent games recently, and got decent results too. They beat Canada 2-0 in Kingston at the start of the year, I believe they tied Ecuador either 1-1 or 0-0 in Miami, lost 2-1 to Argentina in Mar Del Plata(was leading up to the 80th minute), and lost 2-0 to South Africa in their last warm up game prior to the world cup after steppng off the plane the day of the game.  various players play in these games, but they have been using at least 50% local based players in the games metioned above.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2010, 10:47:53 AM »

That's a serious charge still. You need to provide the facts too, or else man goh say yuh jess like bacchanal.

Well a fact is a fact whether it proven or disproven, so is not a charge :-)

But u right...I withdraw my prior statement. I did not hear it from Latas himself so I will not say it as fact. My question to the man himself was :

Why Birchie not on the team? Is cause he have a bad first touch or something else?

Of course, he didn't bother to answer me (which i understand and agree with completely, i mean, who the ass is me to question Latas on team selection when men trying to have a lil lime?) but his entourage or padnas or whatver u want to call them were able to give me a response for me to draw my conclusions.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2010, 01:14:59 PM »

Well a fact is a fact whether it proven or disproven, so is not a charge :-)

But u right...I withdraw my prior statement. I did not hear it from Latas himself so I will not say it as fact. My question to the man himself was :

Why Birchie not on the team? Is cause he have a bad first touch or something else?

Of course, he didn't bother to answer me (which i understand and agree with completely, i mean, who the ass is me to question Latas on team selection when men trying to have a lil lime?) but his entourage or padnas or whatver u want to call them were able to give me a response for me to draw my conclusions.

Things dat make yuh go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2010, 01:22:35 PM »

yuh feel!?!?!?!

CO-SIGNNNNNNNNNN
My facts are, de way how he handle Birchall since he assume de reigns  AND (more importantly) he body language towards Birchall in one ah dem game-ah mean-scrimmage in US last year, de one whey Birchall was pretty much we best player on de day (ah know dat eh saying much)...when Birchall come off and Latas was warming up I find Latas eh even give de man ah 'good game' or ah lil five..nutten....ah know men might find dat weak eh, but leh we see how it all play out
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

1]; } ?>