April 29, 2024, 04:05:35 AM

Author Topic: Jones to Stoke??  (Read 17708 times)

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jones to Stoke??
« Reply #90 on: August 11, 2010, 01:38:31 PM »
Where is de Stoke Forever thread people??

I would make it myself, except I eh want my name permanently associated wid dat $hit side  :rotfl:

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 11, 2010, 01:40:56 PM »
I find Bruce dotish.

1) Didn't a bigger offer come last season or in January (Spurs, Liverpool...stand corrected)

2) 3 Days before your first game

3) Where is the replacement striker? Honestly it ent easy to get a man to pot 8-10 goals for small money.

4) ....and this is the biggest 4kup he make....he sell one of his better players to a DIRECT RIVAL.

Is one thing to sell yuh player to a top 8 team....but when you sell to a team on your level...it will come back to bite you in the arse.

I wish Jones the best of luck and I hope his performances at Stoke can be consistent. I also want him to rest it on Bruce and Sunderland when next they meet.

I second this...altho Bruce does have Frazier-Campbell and expect Wellbeck on loan.

why I think this a bad move by Sunun is because prior to and injury and an extended red card band.the Jones-Bent tandem was one of the top strike partnerships in the Premiership and to be honest, when he came back Kenwyne wasn't playing badly for Sunlun, he wasn't scoring, but he was still linking Bent to buss the net.

I think it's a bad move for Kenwyne as well, for most of the reasons Dinho pointed. Stoke City does not strike me as a team that will improve him as a player.

They may play to his strengths but in so doing they may also make him a one-dimensional player.

On the flipside, with supposed guaranteed playing time and a team playing to your strengths, IF A GOOD SEASON OF GOALSCORING FOLLOWS, Stoke may well raise his stock enough for him to move to a better team.

All the best brother.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #92 on: August 11, 2010, 01:45:16 PM »
If he become a big striker we should change our national team strip to suit him...red and white stripes and black shorts.

If he become a big striker we should change the national team and surround him with big players.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 11, 2010, 01:47:33 PM »
Jones better watch he tail that he don't end back up in ist division. He did not have a particularly good season last year so I am not surprised by the sale, he tends to be lazy while Bent was running down everything. He better step up his game and score some damn goals, but it's going to be an uphill battle for him and Stoke

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 11, 2010, 01:55:30 PM »
He will be linking up upfront with this guy, who is sometimes a head case

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TV4bXyl4uM

check out the last goal in this clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_Jz0k3Uki0
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 01:59:08 PM by reggae-fan »

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 11, 2010, 01:58:19 PM »

He not sure to start in front of Tuncay.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 11, 2010, 02:02:04 PM »

You dont sign a striker for a club record fee to have him sit on the bench. And no way tuncay staring over fuller, so its Jones + Fuller upfront...Tuncay will come on late in the game for whoever gets tired first (or if Fuller gets a red card as he so often does)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 11, 2010, 02:03:49 PM »

I would make it myself, except I eh want my name permanently associated wid dat $hit side  :rotfl:

aaaaaaahahahahaha  :rotfl: it must have a Newcastle fan here to make it  :devil:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 11, 2010, 02:07:02 PM »
hm stoke just might crack the top 8 this year

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 11, 2010, 02:19:55 PM »
Stoke is ah long ball team and KJ, d majority of his goals come off of headers wit the odd one or two from his feet. He hasnt hit ten in the top flight yet so that should be his target by January to have at least ten Sunderland sold two of their better players so it would be nice to see how they do. Stoke doesnt play the most attractive football but its effective and he will definitely get service from the wings. Good move for him, bad for sunderland.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 11, 2010, 02:40:27 PM »
ah know as bad ah side as ppl claim Stoke look, they beat half the Premier teams 2 years running....I kinda prefer that finding ah way to win, that tells me good Team than looking good and taking lorse.....Good luck KJ, hope yuh could add to these guys, as well as that coach could probably better teach yuh something, cause me doh feel yuh get to learn much at SunLand (even if dem was once the best steelband in Belmont...how yuh mean is not the same club)  :devil:

Come on over Kev, How far yuh have to Travel ? Many of us not so fussy where we boys play, as long as they get ah decent chance to give & receive.......and if they get the chance and not giving, we are usually the 1st to Call dem by Name, as well as many others names as well..say what

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 11, 2010, 03:02:41 PM »
This is a chance for KJ to create his own luck this season. Once he plays well for Stoke and score goals then some big club will sign him. It's a fresh start just like Palos said hopefully it's a wake-up call and sometimes that motivates people. I believe once KJ is a goal scorer in this league, with his size and ability, big clubs will come knocking on the door and then he can thank Bruce for helping him to get to the next level :devil:

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 11, 2010, 03:04:58 PM »

Doh worry, one would pop up as soon as Stoke start winning and KJ bag his first few goals for them  ;D

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline fatimarima

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 11, 2010, 03:59:55 PM »

check out the last goal in this clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_Jz0k3Uki0

Fuller is a good skillfull player hopefully he can combine well with Jones to make an unstopable caribbean duo

Offline Kayus

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 11, 2010, 05:48:50 PM »
Just curious, didn't KJ have a loan stint with Stoke at a point in time?

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #105 on: August 11, 2010, 06:02:18 PM »

yes..and he did very well. Pulis was the manager too and he rates Jones. Of all Jones English club managers I would day that Pulis and Srurtock is the men who were most impressed with him.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Kayus

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 11, 2010, 06:10:25 PM »
Insert Quote
Quote from: Kayus on Today at 05:48:50 PM

yes..and he did very well. Pulis was the manager too and he rates Jones. Of all Jones English club managers I would day that Pulis and Srurtock is the men who were most impressed with him.

Thought so, thanks man. KJ love them red and white stripes boy. from St. Anthonys come right up. lol. I woulda like to see him at tottenham. all the best to him still.

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 11, 2010, 06:19:43 PM »

I jus hadda shake my head at the EPL for these kinda decisions

Tuncay benching for Fuller?!?!?
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

in no way is fuller a better player than Tuncay
so many good players run down EPL and their careers take a nose dive
he shoulda gone spain or germany (Tuncay that is)

fuller is look like a fat boy kikin ball
lol
he score some nice goals but what striker getting run out regularly wouldnt?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 11, 2010, 07:00:42 PM »

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

Which thread yuh in?

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 11, 2010, 07:09:20 PM »

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol

From what i've seen of Tuncay, he is not a going to give you more than 10 goals a season, which makes him on par with Fuller if you look at it from that angle.
So why chose Fuller over Tuncay? bigger, more athletic striker who can outmuscle defenders, that coupled with Fuller's skill level.

That is why Fuller is Stokes leading scorer 2 seasons running.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 11, 2010, 09:45:30 PM »
play yuh fitball
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline kingdavid

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 12, 2010, 05:53:05 AM »
somebody tell sam get a interview with Mr.Jones na plz..... i wanna hear his take

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 12, 2010, 09:35:03 AM »
STOKE CITY have today smashed their transfer record by completing the £8 million capture of Sunderland striker Kenwyne Jones.

The 25-year-old Trinidad and Tobago international put pen to paper on a four year contract to seal his return to the Britannia Stadium where City manager Tony Pulis acquired him on loan for a short period earlier in his career in 2005.

The transfer tops the £6 million deal which saw Robert Huth join City from Middlesbrough shortly before the transfer deadline last August.

Jones admitted that his short spell on loan at the Britannia Stadium had a strong bearing on his decision to make the switch to City now.

"The fact that I know the manager, some of the players and the place so well has obviously been an influence upon me coming here," he said.

"This is an exciting new chapter in my career and I want to do my best for a Club that has clearly had great success since I was last here.

"I am looking forward to the challenge of helping Stoke build upon the progress it has made over the past two years in the Premier League."

http://www.stokecityfc.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,10310~2119027,00.html

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 12, 2010, 10:00:16 AM »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 12, 2010, 10:11:49 AM »
Just saw on skysports news that Kenwyne Jones took a pay cut to join Stoke City....

Very Interesting!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 12, 2010, 10:17:35 AM »
Just saw on skysports news that Kenwyne Jones took a pay cut to join Stoke City....

Very Interesting!!

I take dat to mean he wanted out and away from dat clueless f**k Steve Bruce!!

BTW ah notice ah talk bout Tuncay and Fuller, but considering dey not playing the same position why they in de same discusion.  I feel Pulis ready to make Stoke look semi attack minded and go with a 4-4-1-1 with KJ playing CF and Fuller striking.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 12, 2010, 10:23:01 AM »
Apparently he got a huge sign on bonus (a deal between himself and Sunderland to encourage the move) so the paycut aint going and bother him too much!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 12, 2010, 10:29:48 AM »
Apparently he got a huge sign on bonus (a deal between himself and Sunderland to encourage the move) so the paycut aint going and bother him too much!!

So in all likelyhood they did not profit from the deal since when they signed him they paid 6M.  Bruce is ah rell cunny oui!  He had ah chance to swap him fuh Bent and get de same money an refuse.  Dumbass  :rotfl:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 12, 2010, 11:45:10 AM »
Come on Kenwyne... make the most of this opportunity, cut out the theatrics and just focus on yuh football.  In all likelihood this is your last chance to impress because right now you're at your athletic peak and there are always younger, hungrier players lingering in the wings.  Financially you may be set for life... but that shouldn't be that you're willing to settle for.

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 12, 2010, 11:54:05 AM »
Pulis - Jones took pay cut
Potters boss lifts the lid on record-breaking deal

www.skysports.com

Tony Pulis has revealed that Kenwyne Jones took a significant pay cut upon joining Stoke City.

The Trinidad & Tobago international completed an £8million move to the Britannia Stadium on Wednesday, making him the Potters' record signing.

He has, however, seen his salary slashed, with Stoke unable to match the reported £60,000-a-week deal he was on at Sunderland.

Details of the contract he has penned with the Potters have not been revealed, but Pulis claims Jones' decision to join the club was motivated by ambition not money.

"The wages he was earning at Sunderland we could not afford. He was on quite a bit of money, but he is not on that at Stoke," confirmed Pulis.

Structure
"So they have looked after that as well to enable him to come down to the structure we have at this club, which is very important for us.

"We want to keep it as tight as we can, and we've been able to do that.

"It was as big and an important a factor as the £8million spread over four years.

"It's a point we have to make because I don't want anybody within the club or from outside thinking they can walk in here and their demands are going to be this, that and the other.

"We work very hard on the structure at this club, especially wages, and there was no way we could do the deal unless it conformed with those."

Unplayable
Pulis is delighted to have brought Jones on board and hopes he can help the powerful frontman discover the level of consistency he struggled to achieve during his time at Sunderland.

"He does have the inconsistency about him," added the Stoke manager.

"There were times at Sunderland when he was absolutely outstanding, unplayable, but there were other times when you watched him and you wondered whether it was the same player.

"So it's a question of whether we can get that little bit more out of him, whether he can mature with us and learn from what happened at Sunderland.

"Sometimes you need a fresh start and it might be Kenwyne needs a fresh start, but also we need Kenwyne's help as well. He has to help himself first and foremost."

1]; } ?>