April 25, 2024, 06:02:46 PM

Author Topic: Jones to Stoke??  (Read 17657 times)

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: Jones to Stoke??
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 07:56:54 PM »
 L  O  L
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 07:58:14 PM »
why u laughin fella?

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 07:58:43 PM »
why is dat funny again? Is de Express not believable or something because if so this is a shocker.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 08:03:16 PM »
lol...oh

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 08:09:02 PM »
well if its anything like de TnT express dat could really be Roy Jones JR dey signing and put KJ pic.
Express must mean news in a hurry.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2010, 08:13:03 PM »
why is dat funny again? Is de Express not believable or something because if so this is a shocker.

that why i LOL'd   :)
Youtube Channel

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2010, 08:14:18 PM »
well if its anything like de TnT express dat could really be Roy Jones JR dey signing and put KJ pic.
Express must mean news in a hurry.

:rotfl: I go use dat
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 08:15:46 PM »
So anybody care to drop in some expert opinions on this news ?  ::)
Youtube Channel

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2010, 08:17:11 PM »
I just wanted to know if it had any validity and what alyuh men think about this potential move

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2010, 08:26:40 PM »
I just wanted to know if it had any validity and what alyuh men think about this potential move

this is from the 5th Aug

Potters Interested In Kenwyne Jones

The Potters are keeping a close eye on Sunderland striker Kenwyne Jones as they search for a target man ready for the start of the 2010/11 season.

Jones, a former Potters loanee from his town at Southampton, was heavily linked with a return to City during both of last seasons transfer windows, but the reported £12m move never got completed, possibly due to Liverpool's interest never being confirmed or denied, leaving the Trinidadian striker unwilling to pursue a deal with the Potters.

A change in management at Liverpool, coupled with their financial problems and Jones' poor form last season has seen the striker's options become somewhat more limited and City boss Tony Pulis is now ready to make his move.

Pulis has decided to look to the Stadium of Light for his targetman after Mama Sidibe continued poor form in front of goal and this summers main target Carlton Cole was ruled out of leaving West Ham by the Hammers owners.

http://www.stokecity-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/potters_interested_in_kenwyne_jones_543102/index.shtml
Youtube Channel

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2010, 08:28:05 PM »
No sign of this story on skysports.com website
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2010, 08:59:02 PM »
The Sunderland message board buzzing with this potential move, but nothing has been reported from any credible source.

Stoke To Land Jones In Record £9m Deal - Daily Mirror

If rumours are true and Jones does leave...

I think we all need to calm down

Has Jones gone?

« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 09:26:33 PM by FireBrand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2010, 09:57:13 PM »
I think its a good move for him... Pulis will bring the best out of him and he could probably score more goals at stoke.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2010, 07:08:01 AM »
Possibly, but the chances of moving from Stoke to a big side is less than the chances of moving from Sunderland to a big side.

So if he go to Stoke...that may be where he end up til is time to go bak down the league ranks.

When last any club of substance buy a Stoke player? They just not marketable enough..
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2010, 07:14:07 AM »
Possibly, but the chances of moving from Stoke to a big side is less than the chances of moving from Sunderland to a big side.

So if he go to Stoke...that may be where he end up til is time to go bak down the league ranks.

When last any club of substance buy a Stoke player? They just not marketable enough..

Maybe Stoke IS his "big side"

Imagine this so-called Sunderland team was supposed to be built around Jones, now he is for sale for around 10 million pounds...........how has the mighty fallen!

I remember when Keane rejected a 8 million plus darren bent from tottenham some years ago......lol
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2010, 07:26:46 AM »
shit move.

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2010, 07:49:46 AM »

Ah guess that perception of Stoke players changing...

Stoke snub Chelsea interest in Asmir Begovic
By Soccernet

Stoke City have issued a hands off warning to Chelsea after they declared an interest in signing Asmir Begovic.

Begovic, who joined Stoke from Portsmouth in January, was wanted by Chelsea to act as understudy to Petr Cech even though they already have Hilario and Ross Turnbull on their books.

Manager Tony Pulis has revealed that Chelsea have been in contact about the goalkeeper's availability - but there is no chance that he will be sold.

Begovic, 23, is in a battle with Thomas Sorensen for the first choice position at the Britannia Stadium.

"They (Chelsea) have enquired, but they have been told he is not for sale,'' Pulis told the Stoke Sentinel. "We are trying to bring players in, not let our better players go.''

Pulis also played down the chances of Stoke being able to attract Nice striker Loic Remy.

"He's a very talented young player, but whether we do the deal is another thing,'' Pulis said. "It's not just Stoke interested, but three or four others.''
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2010, 07:58:39 AM »
And the time before that was when...?  ;D

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2010, 08:01:00 AM »
I think he established a good relationship with the fans there while on loan.  

I personally think that he was getting stale at Sunderland- i.e. not improving...maybe a fresh start under new management is exactly what he needs.  

If this has any validity, at least he'll be staying in the prem, and playing at the highest level in England...
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2010, 08:15:28 AM »

I don't imagine that the "marketability" of Stoke has any bearing on whether or not it's a good move...unless you're comparing them to a "big" side...which Sunderland is not.  Outside of England there's probably no difference between the two teams as far as perception goes...and inside England, they both play in the premiership so there's equal visibility to scouts representing teams who are interested. 

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2010, 08:26:35 AM »
This is a downward move.... Lateral at best.

If allyuh think that Sunderland brand was useless and boring and not helping KJ's football development, then just wait until he reach Stoke where they don't even pretend to be interested in wanting to play good football.

If you think that power forward/low goals role is Steve Bruce fault, and a lil bit unfair to KJ who could probably offer more if a team try to play on the floor and use a bit more creativity... Then just wait to see KJ under Tony Pulis being fed a steady diet of Rory Delap wrong throws and hoof ball from the defence..

If you think the role KJ plays doesn't suit T&T football, and was hoping like me for a move to a team that plays a more enterprising brand, then crapaud smoke yuh pipe.

This move would just make KJ the next James Beattie to go there and play ah wild big body brand up front.. This will do nothing to technically improve his game... which at this point in his career is what he needs more than anything else.

Best he stay at Sunderland and fight it out. They bringing in a few good players and capable of playing a better brand than shitty Stoke.. and slightly more watchable.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2010, 08:37:09 AM »

I don't imagine that the "marketability" of Stoke has any bearing on whether or not it's a good move...unless you're comparing them to a "big" side...which Sunderland is not.  Outside of England there's probably no difference between the two teams as far as perception goes...and inside England, they both play in the premiership so there's equal visibility to scouts representing teams who are interested. 

Sunderland is a bigger side than Chelsea historically btw...
But in terms of worldwide appeal, Sunderland is much more fashionable than Stoke. If you see a side playing in Red and white stripes, you will think of Sunderland or Sheffield Utd before Stoke.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2010, 08:52:46 AM »

Sunderland is a bigger side than Chelsea historically btw...
But in terms of worldwide appeal, Sunderland is much more fashionable than Stoke. If you see a side playing in Red and white stripes, you will think of Sunderland or Sheffield Utd before Stoke.

That depends on how you define historically.  From the 1950's onward Sunderland is not nearly as big as Chelsea... 

Anyhow, my point is I think that in 2010/2011 if KJ does well at Stoke he'll have the same opportunities as if he did well at Sunderland. 

When I see a side in red and white stripes I think Atletico Madrid.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2010, 08:55:32 AM »

If allyuh think that Sunderland brand was useless and boring and not helping KJ's football development, then just wait until he reach Stoke where they don't even pretend to be interested in wanting to play good football.

If you think that power forward/low goals role is Steve Bruce fault, and a lil bit unfair to KJ who could probably offer more if a team try to play on the floor and use a bit more creativity... Then just wait to see KJ under Tony Pulis being fed a steady diet of Rory Delap wrong throws and hoof ball from the defence..

If you think the role KJ plays doesn't suit T&T football, and was hoping like me for a move to a team that plays a more enterprising brand, then crapaud smoke yuh pipe.

This move would just make KJ the next James Beattie to go there and play ah wild big body brand up front.. This will do nothing to technically improve his game... which at this point in his career is what he needs more than anything else.

Best he stay at Sunderland and fight it out. They bringing in a few good players and capable of playing a better brand than shitty Stoke.. and slightly more watchable.

I'm inclined to agree with this though I've admittedly probably never watched (or paid attention to) 90 mins of a Stoke City match. 

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2010, 08:57:01 AM »

I'm inclined to agree with this though I've admittedly probably never watched (or paid attention to) 90 mins of a Stoke City match. 

Lucky you..

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2010, 09:06:03 AM »

and suppose he want to stay, and Bruce say, "well pardna, yuh could stay, buh yuh hah to take ah pay cut and ride pine", how much ball he go get atall ? or Bruce say not for sale,stay, cause Bent injured, and when he comeback there will be good competition for places, who yuh feel losing/winning that competition ?....I feel if the choice is his, I say go...Look how they SJ get treat...there is a big difference between coach an fren in professional sport...there is a fine relationship & Loyalty between who paying yuh and who want to pay yuh....difficult choices, but I wish I had them to make...I is a fan, whey ever he is yes

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2010, 09:07:52 AM »

Exactly....i can't see a move to Stoke helping him in the least....

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2010, 10:34:59 AM »
Got it from good sources close to the man himself: deal done.

Sigh...I waiting to find out if they force him out or if he wanted the move.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2010, 10:38:14 AM »
Got it from good sources close to the man himself: deal done.

Sigh...I waiting to find out if they force him out or if he wanted the move.

Leh we know.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

1]; } ?>