March 28, 2024, 03:21:11 PM

Author Topic: Jones to Stoke??  (Read 17505 times)

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
Re: Jones to Stoke??
« Reply #120 on: August 12, 2010, 01:19:21 PM »
ah know as bad ah side as ppl claim Stoke look, they beat half the Premier teams 2 years running....I kinda prefer that finding ah way to win, that tells me good Team than looking good and taking lorse.....Good luck KJ, hope yuh could add to these guys, as well as that coach could probably better teach yuh something, cause me doh feel yuh get to learn much at SunLand (even if dem was once the best steelband in Belmont...how yuh mean is not the same club)  :devil:

Come on over Kev, How far yuh have to Travel ? Many of us not so fussy where we boys play, as long as they get ah decent chance to give & receive.......and if they get the chance and not giving, we are usually the 1st to Call dem by Name, as well as many others names as well..say what

Maxg if you mean me where I come from there is only 2 things in life you can't change and thats your family and team.

I wish Kenwyne all the luck in the world, he kept up us single handedly nothing changes from what I said in previous post.

I will still take abuse and stay here if not too many mind, and keep failing in the AS League, I have come to enjoy it.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: August 12, 2010, 01:38:58 PM »
I will still take abuse and stay here if not too many mind, and keep failing in the AS League, I have come to enjoy it.

... and who cares if they do, right? lol   Good to know that you'll be sticking around, we need someone to whom to direct all that Sun'lun abuse when Bruce starts running the ship into the ground  :beermug:

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: August 12, 2010, 03:03:57 PM »
Well, the writing was always on the wall. Pretty much everything I liked about Sunderland is gone now, othe than the kit...

I'm stuck with Andy Reid, John  Mensah and the oft injured Craig Gorgon for solace. Sigh.

Go brave KJ...but I not backing Stoke.

ps: And to think the renew Richardson!
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: August 12, 2010, 03:25:44 PM »
Just one question kev..........not sure if u answered already.

But what is the general feelin about the Stoke deal?
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #124 on: August 12, 2010, 03:40:00 PM »
Stoke City Football Club is a football club based in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, England. Founded in 1863, Stoke is the oldest club in the Premier League, and thought to be the second oldest professional football club in the world, after Notts County.

Stoke play their home fixtures at the Britannia Stadium, a 28,384 all-seater stadium reduced to 27,598 after segregation.

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: August 13, 2010, 05:51:48 AM »
Just one question kev..........not sure if u answered already.

But what is the general feelin about the Stoke deal?

Typical football fans really mixed.

He was well liked for the most part.
Some think let him go cheaply and worried/bewildered that no obvious replacement.
Some think he was OK but lazy and its a decent deal.
Others as is always the case the club / manager can't do any wrong, and if he's sold he automatically becomes a tata (?) player.

Gyan is being linked as a possible replacement as was always likely with Mensah coming back, the few matches I seen of him at the WC he was OK and would fit the bill, however from the interviews / quotes LOndon seemed far and away his preferred destination.

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #126 on: August 13, 2010, 12:34:45 PM »
"...tata (?) player."   :rotfl:

Boy Kev, you're a proper Trini football fan now oui.

Now you just need to include phrases like these in your footie conversations:

dat shit side

(player X) is a goat

(player X) is a shit snake

...he hit de man ah spanner

riding pine (being left on the bench)

corbeaux sweat (pronounced 'co-bo'.... being brought on as a substitution for the last 10 mins of a match)

Your induction will now be complete.  ;D
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: August 14, 2010, 01:50:41 AM »

dat shit side

(player X) is a goat

corbeaux sweat (pronounced 'co-bo'.... being brought on as a substitution for the last 10 mins of a match)

RTG, that cheered me up,

I will try, but the problem is it might just be full of those phrases and nothing else given who I support.

not so sure what this is ...he hit de man ah spanner (taken someone out?)

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #128 on: August 14, 2010, 12:58:11 PM »

dat shit side

(player X) is a goat

RTG, that cheered me up,

I will try, but the problem is it might just be full of those phrases and nothing else given who I support.

not so sure what this is ...he hit de man ah spanner (taken someone out?)

A spanner is a tricky football move, like saying a player got 'sex' (ball pass thru the legs by oncoming striker)

There is  also 'wrong address' (send the oncoming tackling player in the wrong direction before zooming past them)
Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: August 14, 2010, 01:27:04 PM »
I probably will never voluntarily watch another Sunderland game again

well unless its against the big 6
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: August 14, 2010, 02:30:28 PM »
ah know as bad ah side as ppl claim Stoke look, they beat half the Premier teams 2 years running....I kinda prefer that finding ah way to win, that tells me good Team than looking good and taking lorse.....Good luck KJ, hope yuh could add to these guys, as well as that coach could probably better teach yuh something, cause me doh feel yuh get to learn much at SunLand (even if dem was once the best steelband in Belmont...how yuh mean is not the same club)  :devil:

Come on over Kev, How far yuh have to Travel ? Many of us not so fussy where we boys play, as long as they get ah decent chance to give & receive.......and if they get the chance and not giving, we are usually the 1st to Call dem by Name, as well as many others names as well..say what

Maxg if you mean me where I come from there is only 2 things in life you can't change and thats your family and team.

I wish Kenwyne all the luck in the world, he kept up us single handedly nothing changes from what I said in previous post.

Now see yuh Kev, and ah hear dat ! :salute:
Red, Black & White..till ah die ..

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kenwyne Jones handed £2m golden goodbye
« Reply #131 on: August 22, 2010, 05:38:35 AM »
By James Hunter (Sunday Sun)

SUNDERLAND handed Kenwyne Jones a £2m ‘golden goodbye’ to push through his £8m move to Stoke.

Jones became Stoke’s record signing when he joined the Midlands side a fortnight ago.

Potters boss Tony Pulis said Jones took a pay cut to move to the Britannia Stadium, but the Trinidad & Tobago international will hardly be feeling the pinch thanks to Sunderland’s sweetener.

When Stoke came in with a bid this summer, Sunderland chief Steve Bruce decided the time was right to cash in.

And Bruce is hoping to use the £8m fee he received for Jones to bring in another forward before the transfer window closes at the end of the month
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwyne Jones handed £2m golden goodbye
« Reply #132 on: August 22, 2010, 09:38:52 AM »

SUNDERLAND handed Kenwyne Jones a £2m ‘golden goodbye’ to push through his £8m move to Stoke.

Jones became Stoke’s record signing when he joined the Midlands side a fortnight ago.

Potters boss Tony Pulis said Jones took a pay cut to move to the Britannia Stadium, but the Trinidad & Tobago international will hardly be feeling the pinch thanks to Sunderland’s sweetener.

When Stoke came in with a bid this summer, Sunderland chief Steve Bruce decided the time was right to cash in.

And Bruce is hoping to use the £8m fee he received for Jones to bring in another forward before the transfer window closes at the end of the month
Must be nice to know ur former boss wanted u out so bad he pay u 2 mill to leave  :-\

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: August 22, 2010, 11:09:52 AM »
My boss could do that to me anytime.........lol
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: August 22, 2010, 01:14:20 PM »
My boss could do that to me anytime.........lol

ENTTTTTTTT
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 01, 2010, 02:03:37 AM »
Just read on sky sports that jermaine pennant has signed a loan deal with stoke city, now there hope for KJ with pennant serving crosses from the right flank.
http://www.football.co.uk/tottenham_hotspur/stoke_sign_jermaine_pennant__eidur_gudjohnsen__salif_diao_and_marc_wilson_rss1207903.shtml
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
Re: Kenwyne Jones handed £2m golden goodbye
« Reply #136 on: September 01, 2010, 10:54:45 PM »

Must be nice to know ur former boss wanted u out so bad he pay u 2 mill to leave  :-\
Its not like that. He signed a 50 000+ pounds a week deal last season so they have to pay him the equivalent of what he would have earned over the next four years. Bcuz he didnt request to be transfered. I'd take it a run as well. Good for him

1]; } ?>