April 27, 2024, 07:53:06 AM

Author Topic: Reggae Boyz beat Soca Warriors 3-1 at home.  (Read 5851 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Reggae Boyz beat Soca Warriors 3-1 at home.
« on: August 11, 2010, 06:11:49 PM »
Warriors go down 3-1 to Reggae Boyz.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago’s senior footballers got a wake up call on Wednesday night as they faltered 3-1 to Jamaica in a friendly international before an overpacked Marvin Lee Stadium.

The “Reggae Boyz” under head coach Theodore Whitmore triumphed over the lackluster Soca Warriors outfit through goals by Dane Richards,a gem from outside the box, Rudolph Austin and Bryan to silence the home fans that turned out in their numbers to support Russell Latapy’s men.

Both team spent the opening five minutes feeling out each other but it was not difficult to sense that Jamaica were more fired up and they grabbed the lead on eight minutes when T&T failed to clear miserably at the back and Richards cracked home from outside the box leaving Jan Michael Williams without any hope. Before that, Shavar Thomas got up well to powerfully head just over bar from a Jamaica right corner in the second minute.

T&T, with several T&T Pro League high performers in its line-up, settled slowly and there was not much happening up front for Kerry Baptiste and Devon Jorsling and Kevon Carter was not allowed the freedom on the right as he enjoyed in his double scoring performance against Antigua/Barbuda a few week back.

T&T went into the match without starting midfielders Clyde Leon and Densill Theobald through injury while right back Kern Cupid suffered an ankle sprain in training on Tuesday leaving Latapy, who opted to go with a mostly home-based team, to use Makan Hislop on the right.

He struggled on the evening as T&T looked suspect at the back for much of the encounter. Also missing the encounter due to injury was Radafah Abu Bakr. This meant that Joe Public’s Carlyle Mitchell made his senior international debut alongside Keston Williams in the middle of defense.

Jamaica mounted several attacks on goal and should have doubled their lead when Ryan John blasted over bar from close up in the 21st minute. Richards also went close on a couple of occasions.

T&T eventually got their equalizer in the 27th minute and brought the home crowd back into it. Keon Daniel, who had a decent try moments earlier, played a neat ball into the area from the left and Jorsling outmuscled his man to direct home from near the centre of the box past Donovon  Ricketts.

T&T’s celebrations were shortlived as Mitchell brought down Bryan and Austin converted the resulting penalty
The homeside tried to force an equalizer before the break but to no avail. On one occasion, T&T strung some eight passes around the box before Hughtun Hector fired wide.

T&T started slowly after the break and were punished for more lapse defending.  Bryan wasn’t picked up by the T&T back line and was able to head home a right side deliver to send Jamaica ahead 3-1.

Latapy introduced Kendall Jagdeosingh and Jason Marcano into the attack and both players had a couple tries at goal but nothing to trouble the visitors. Daneil Cyrus replaced defender Mitchell and he put in a fairly good showing  that would warrant a recall to the team.

Jamaica were reduced to ten men when Barbados referee Trevor Taylor showed Rodulph Austin the red card for taking down Jagdeosingh. T&T had one last good look at goal when Noel swung a free kick over from the left but Williams failed to connect from close up on the far post.

The game, even with five minutes added on time, finished  without any fireworks at the end and the Jamaicans coming away 3-1 winners. The return friendly is carded for Kingston on October 5. Before that T&T will travel to face Belize and Panama in early September.

Teams

Trinidad & Tobago: - 21.Jan-Michael Williams, 16.Makan Hislop, 6.Keston Williams, 3.Aklie Edwards, 17.Carlyle Mitchell (5.Daneil Cyrus 54th), 11.Kevon Carter (10.Hayden Tinto 74th), 19.Keon Daniel (13.Kendall Jagdeosingh 66th), 8.Trent Noel (capt), 7.Hughtun Hector (18.Devon Jamerson 78th), 4.Kerry Baptiste (12.Jason Marcano 54th), 9.Devon Jorsling.

Subs not used: - 1.Marvin Phillip, 2.Ataullah Guerra.

Trinidad & Tobago Coach: - Russell Latapy.

Jamaica: - 1.Donovan Ricketts, 17.Rodulph Austin, 8.Eric Vernan (15.Ricardo Cousins 88th), 2.Richard Edwards (14.Devon Williams 90th), 6.Jermaine Taylor, 4.Shavar Thomas (3.O’Neil Fisher 89th), 7.Ryan Johnson (12.Kenardo Forbes 78th), 9.Kavin Bryan (5.Devon Hodges 66th), 11.Troy Smith, 16.Dicoy Williams, 10.Dane Richards (19.Adrian Reid 80th).

Subs not used: Mario Swaby, Andre Blake.

Coach: - Theodore Withmore (JAM).

Jamaica Goals: - Dane Richards (7th), Rodolph Austin (30th-Pen), Kevin Bryan (52nd).

Trinidad & Tobago Goal: - Devon Jorsling (28th).

Jamaica Yellow Cards: - Eric Vernan (10th), Donovan Ricketts (69th).

Jamaica Red Card: - Rodolph Austin (78th).

Trinidad & Tobago Injury: - Carlyle Mitchell.

Venue: - Marvin Lee Stadium.

Attendance: - 4,550.

Referee: - Trevor Taylor (Barbados).
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 07:18:10 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Reggae Boyz beat Soca Warriors 3-1 at home.
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 06:22:20 PM »
boy i will continue to say LOCAL BASED NOT GOOD ENOUGH although some may disagree...yes they can beat up antigua but i doubt they can convincingly beat a good Jamaican or Haitian team...and to an extent i was poven correct today !

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2010, 06:25:08 PM »
Akeil Edwards n Makan Hislop in the defense and we surprised we concede all those goals lol

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 06:26:35 PM »
boy i will continue to say LOCAL BASED NOT GOOD ENOUGH although some may disagree...yes they can beat up antigua but i doubt they can convincingly beat a good Jamaican or Haitian team...and to an extent i was poven correct today !

no offense but thats garbage you are talking, wim had a worse team and did better, so what exactly are you talking about? ::)

men fraid tuh call out latas thats why they blaming the players

truetrini

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 06:29:08 PM »

no offense but thats garbage you are talking, wim had a worse team and did better, so what exactly are you talking about? ::)

Wim had a worse team?  steups breds yuh eh tired talk shit?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 06:31:20 PM »

list the team if yuh questioning meh

Wim had a worse team?  steups breds yuh eh tired talk shit?

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 06:40:53 PM »
true wim had a worse team.. doesnt mean we should bring him back

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 06:42:31 PM »

Hoss this team will make digicel like wim team but they wont win the cup just like wim team..wim team beat up on small teams and most likely this team will beat up on small teams but against better caribbean opposition they will falter

« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 06:47:20 PM by Sando prince »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 06:53:22 PM »
So who else is left to call up or give a fair chance .. btw does latapy go to proleague games ... cause is the same core of players he using since he first called them up
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 06:55:45 PM by Trini _2014 »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2010, 06:55:17 PM »

If yuh don't mind for my own edification name the worse team than this one for me please!!!!

AirMan

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2010, 07:29:44 PM »
someone please tell latas we have to invite our foreign based if he wants a chance to WIN the cup...and i aint talkin bout just reaching semi final or final..seriously now who in this local based midfield can anchor us to a championship ?...steupse

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2010, 07:48:35 PM »
Akeil Edwards n Makan Hislop in the defense and we surprised we concede all those goals lol

well ah finally see dem for mehself.... what was once too too on tv is now real actual live too too.

>:(

Latapy ent showing me nothing... ah think he or Jack need to do the right thing... plus if that is de best men it have in trinidad... we heading West Indies way...

« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 07:50:22 PM by FF »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline monty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2010, 07:53:00 PM »
Latapy ent showing me nothing... ah think he or Jack need to do the right thing... plus if that is de best men it have in trinidad... we heading West Indies way...

Meh heart eh ready for that

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2010, 07:55:38 PM »
congrats and well done to Tapa and Jamaica..yes.. I said it...

they deserved the win...they were better...faster...more aggressive... better structure... and had lots more pride and will to win....

so if i am to go with Latas pre game talk about seeing where we are...and where Jamaica are...well ...they are way ahead in preparations...they played with good shape... and good on the counter....
and this is not even close to a full strength jamaica.. and of course not a full strength tnt.. so even the depth is better....and it was there for all to see at the MLS.....

the 3 goals were all very sloppy... and Jamaica took advantage....i cant recalling seeing a national footballer look so out of depth as Makan Hislop today..at right back...and please dont say he played out of position....the last player i saw look so out of place was Dereck Phillips.... at times Hislop looked like he did not even know the sport...and allyuh know i dont lambaste players so....

anyhow...
Jan M williams...just have to keep going...i rather Marvin Phillips...but not sure if he starts for his club ( what club ??)

Makan Hislop (RB)....i actually thought of storming the field to slap him like a child...im serious
Akile Edwards... we have all seen enough...he not good.. out of 90 mins.. he may give you a 5 min looking like he is  ok...is time to get Akeem Adams in there for an extended run
Keston Williams....saw his last 2 matches... i dont rate him....
Carlyle Mitchell... good debut...aggressive... and good with the ball... would like to see more...at this level...
Daniel Cyrus ( sub)... looked miles better than the rest...Cyrus and Primus...should be the 2 local based CB...

Trent Noel... i like this player...and he is a good friend of mine... but trent starting to look his age...at this level...and  may be better in a 3 man midfield
Haughton Hector....The class player of the night... and i watching him since last year...I rate this player.... i like him in the middle also... so we have to keep working with him....very smart footballer....and great last name
Kevon carter... good right side option...pace for days...should be part of the mix for a while
keon daniel....started slow...but got in and did some good stuff... its the same love/hate thing with him....thought tonight he would have been given a chance in the middle....

Kerry Baptiste.... seems like  a loss of form... maybe mental...and his role may be a bit different in the national team... but very useful
Devon Jorsling... very very left footed...this man have some things to work with....

other subs

Maracano...watching him for years...good work rate..tricky.. but makes some bad decisions...
Jaggy... need to see more at this level..he started on the left...looking good... but switched to the right..and found it tougher...but good attitude and work rate...
Jamerson... i dont rate this player... never did...
Tinto... bag of tricks... impact player... what you see is what you get ( Like Hislop)

sorry Tulla Guerra did not play tonight.. I rate him...

now i know it have real Bleeder haters here... but show me a better central midfielder in tnt  ??..show me...missed tonight.. laugh if yuh want..and with the outside options of Hyland and Birchall.. well bleeder in the mix...

just thought i would share my thoughts on the players...respect
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2010, 07:59:25 PM »
Big mag... me and Bally sit down ah lil way behind you and yuh family tonight and ah guess the view was the same... because i see the exact same thing...

except de part bout Theobald... (who i actually bounce up the night before in Maraval)

Aklie Edwards is de worse ting in ah boots and if he is de best LB in de country then somebody help us!
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2010, 08:02:53 PM »

they deserved the win...they were better...faster...more aggressive... better structure... and had lots more pride and will to win....

so if i am to go with Latas pre game talk about seeing where we are...and where Jamaica are...well ...they are way ahead in preparations...they played with good shape... and good on the counter....
and this is not even close to a full strength jamaica.. and of course not a full strength tnt.. so even the depth is better....and it was there for all to see at the MLS.....

the 3 goals were all very sloppy... and Jamaica took advantage....i cant recalling seeing a national footballer look so out of depth as Makan Hislop today..at right back...and please dont say he played out of position....the last player i saw look so out of place was Dereck Phillips.... at times Hislop looked like he did not even know the sport...and allyuh know i dont lambaste players so....

anyhow...
Jan M williams...just have to keep going...i rather Marvin Phillips...but not sure if he starts for his club ( what club ??)

Makan Hislop (RB)....i actually thought of storming the field to slap him like a child...im serious
Akile Edwards... we have all seen enough...he not good.. out of 90 mins.. he may give you a 5 min looking like he is  ok...is time to get Akeem Adams in there for an extended run
Carlyle Mitchell... good debut...aggressive... and good with the ball... would like to see more...at this level...
Daniel Cyrus ( sub)... looked miles better than the rest...Cyrus and Primus...should be the 2 local based CB...

Trent Noel... i like this player...and he is a good friend of mine... but trent starting to look his age...at this level...and  may be better in a 3 man midfield
Haughton Hector....The class player of the night... and i watching him since last year...I rate this player.... i like him in the middle also... so we have to keep working with him....very smart footballer....and great last name
Kevon carter... good right side option...pace for days...should be part of the mix for a while
keon daniel....started slow...but got in and did some good stuff... its the same love/hate thing with him....thought tonight he would have been given a chance in the middle....

Kerry Baptiste.... seems like  a loss of form... maybe mental...and his role may be a bit different in the national team... but very useful
Devon Jorsling... very very left footed...this man have some things to work with....

other subs

Maracano...watching him for years...good work rate..tricky.. but makes some bad decisions...
Jaggy... need to see more at this level..he started on the left...looking good... but switched to the right..and found it tougher...but good attitude and work rate...
Tinto... bag of tricks... impact player... what you see is what you get ( Like Hislop)

now i know it have real Bleeder haters here... but show me a better central midfielder in tnt  ??..show me...missed tonight.. laugh if yuh want..and with the outside options of Hyland and Birchall.. well bleeder in the mix...

thanks BM. Is Primus injured?

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2010, 08:14:42 PM »
We need Carlos Edwards (Capt), Chris Birchall, Jloyd Samuel, Julius Jones, Kenwyne Jones, Cornell Glen, Khaleem Hyland, and Darryl Roberts as our first eight players.  Then add Robert Primus, Hayden Tinto,  Marvin Phillip, Jan-Michael Williams, Keston Williams, Carlyle Mitchell, Daniel Cyrus, Kevon Carter Keon Daniel, Kendall Jagdeosingh, Trent Noel, Devon Jamerson, Kerry Baptiste, Jason Marcano, Devon Jorsling.  

This is the core of our team to start the drive for 2014.  Then call more of our Under 19 WC team to join in training and arrange at least 8 international friendlies per year for the next 4 years.  The question then is, "Who will coach?"  We need to recruit a reputable international coach known for defensive strategy to work with Latapy as his assistant.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2010, 08:22:54 PM »
FF... yea man.. i met Bally...hope we meet next time... to bleed or not to bleed.. we will see

Royal.. dont know if Primus is injured...
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2010, 08:45:00 PM »

anyhow...

other subs

CO-SIGNNNNNNNNNNN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 11, 2010, 08:47:40 PM »

ENTTTTTT
COSIGNN
TRUER WORDS HAVE NEVA SPOKEN
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline trinipepper

• New Warrior
  • addin fire to the flame ...izatrini
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2010, 08:56:09 PM »
we need die hard players ...Trinidad football stinks.. time to recruit new players latas... the ones with heart... I feed up see Trinidad football compile shit on the field..what has Trinidad football come to that we cant beat Jamaica come on??? Most of them players we seen over some years like they aint learn a thing or two, is the same shit and latas you still picky them to make a team... get rid of them..The pro league has some players to offer but then there are players I am sure out there playing hard ball with heart...do like the brazilian go searching in de ghetto for the ballers and stop picking up rubbish...as for we international players you need the good ones to mix with the young ones and build yah team...this game was rubbish say wah i enjoy looking at brazil cut USA tail... now that was a game..

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2010, 09:05:24 PM »
Missed the broadcast so just going by the accounts of those who were at the game and those who  followed. My question is if we have a 'porous' limited talented local group of players, are they beyond learning how to play the game? have they maxed out in the acquisition of their skill set? Does anyone tape these games and have these players sit and suffer watching .sh...t? I mean if they that bad it must really be stinking up the joint!!!

What lessons do they take away from each game? That game they won against Antigua/Bar was not pretty but considering the opposition......

The quality of players is one thing at what point does the infusion of the coaching influence teh tata or is it so thick that  coaching cyar gut through that?

Pride in TnT football is seriously lacking at the basic level.

Offline Trinidogg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2010, 09:11:01 PM »
Such a Rivalry between T&T and Jamaica real dissapointed in the way latapy handled this game and i sure we got better players than this in the pro league. Never a good thing to have them come in we place and beat we 3 - 1, seriously now latapy, his call ups real questionable.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2010, 09:14:16 PM »
Isn't Osei Telesford a decent outside back??? Haven't seen him play in national colors but I've heard good things about him the few games he played.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2010, 09:27:15 PM »
Akile and Makan turn into Akee and Saltfish :(

Latas will sort things out eventually. Long coaching career ahead.

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2010, 09:40:04 PM »
Latapy cannot take us to the desired level. New coach needed! Talk done!!

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2010, 09:47:14 PM »
Isn't Osei Telesford a decent outside back??? Haven't seen him play in national colors but I've heard good things about him the few games he played.

Telesford is a staple in the Islanders midfield and they just blaze de MLS best. Yohance Marshall holding it down in Austin Aztex defense and dey leading the D-2 League with only 2 losses so far this season. There are players out there who could have been given a look tonight.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2010, 10:07:55 PM »
Latapy cannot take us to the desired level. New coach needed! Talk done!!
Straight to d point. Been saying it long time dat he's not the man for the job. Fenwick or even Derrick King should at least be interim until d new year and dem see wat we could do but Latapy en no coach. He like one ah dem Corneals, wrong in every way...lol

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2010, 10:34:23 PM »

I am not afraid to call out latas today after that performance but wim did not have a worse team not by a long shot. Wait didnt wim even have your homeboy playing?
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2010, 10:42:08 PM »

I am not afraid to call out latas today after that performance but wim did not have a worse team not by a long shot. Wait didnt wim even have your homeboy playing?

latas have guerra on the bench, a youth who have real blessings from real ballers in trinidad, he wait years b4 you even see jaggy and tinto. cupid nowhere to be seen but akile reigning.

these youths have real talent, you talking about a team with bleeder and jemmott and thats about it. list out all the players on this team that have potential, it have more by far. so yuh talking garbage.

latas dont have a clue.

1]; } ?>