April 27, 2024, 04:18:39 PM

Author Topic: Reggae Boyz beat Soca Warriors 3-1 at home.  (Read 5853 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Reggae Boyz beat Soca Warriors 3-1 at home.
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2010, 11:15:20 PM »
congrats and well done to Tapa and Jamaica..yes.. I said it...

they deserved the win...they were better...faster...more aggressive... better structure... and had lots more pride and will to win....

so if i am to go with Latas pre game talk about seeing where we are...and where Jamaica are...well ...they are way ahead in preparations...they played with good shape... and good on the counter....
and this is not even close to a full strength jamaica.. and of course not a full strength tnt.. so even the depth is better....and it was there for all to see at the MLS.....

SHITHONGS!

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2010, 11:34:07 PM »
Looked like the game went true to form. I am not surprised by the result. Anyone who expects anything better than this with Latas as coach will be bitterly disappointed. Does Latas even have a coaching qualification?

Latas selects the players and employ the tactics, so if team playing crap, he has to foot the blame. Likewise if we do well, he will get praise. However, I dont expect that to happen anytime soon.

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2010, 12:05:01 AM »

they deserved the win...they were better...faster...more aggressive... better structure... and had lots more pride and will to win....

so if i am to go with Latas pre game talk about seeing where we are...and where Jamaica are...well ...they are way ahead in preparations...they played with good shape... and good on the counter....
and this is not even close to a full strength jamaica.. and of course not a full strength tnt.. so even the depth is better....and it was there for all to see at the MLS.....

SHITHONGS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXTEQh8wtno&feature=related
Hard work is the key to success

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2010, 12:23:37 AM »
Me eh go lie Latas is my fav baller  totally but after all this time I am seeing something that I didn't want to see........ he not ready to take this team to the next level ....... at this point in time he not good enough  .... Makan Hislop and akeil edwards is two of the worst things in a football boots  and a 4-2-4 a 4-2-4 in the year 2010 are you f**king kidding me  ... they say the best ballers doh always make the best coaches ... living proof!

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2010, 12:42:08 AM »
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 12:50:12 AM by jahkingdom »
Hard work is the key to success

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2010, 01:25:23 AM »
wasn't Latas suppose to go Arsenal for some coaching experience :-\

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2010, 03:07:56 AM »
I am not going to parrot anybody but on this ocassion Contraversial is right as he say"Latapy dont have a clue",that has been my feeling since he took over from Mats.TT must act fast before  we become the laughing stock of Caribbean football.TTs attacking moments were snuffed out like someone swatting flies while Jamaica's attacks had our defenders all over the place,I say defenders because I cant find words to describe them.Latapy must be removed after the return or even before,he seems a nice bloke and was a great player but thats about it mate,time to act. :'( :'( :'(

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2010, 04:56:44 AM »
Dominant Boyz!

Jamaica steal TT’s thunder in 3-1 friendly win

IAN BURNETT WITH THE REGGAE BOYZ in Trinidad

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Port of Spain, Trinidad — Jamaica’s Reggae Boyz returned to winning ways on the international scene following their 3-1 victory over Caribbean neighbours and arch-rivals Trinidad and Tobago here at the Marvin Lee Stadium last evening.

Dane Richards put the visitors ahead after only eight minutes before Devon Jorsling pulled the teams level on minute 29.

AUSTIN... scored Jamaica’s second goal from penalty spot
RICHARDS... notched opening goal for Reggae Boyz
    RICHARDS... notched opening goal for Reggae Boyz 2/2 

The home team’s respite was short-lived, however, as Rodolph Austin put the Boyz back in front a minute later from the penalty spot before Kavin Bryan sealed the convincing victory eight minutes into the second half.

And although the Reggae Boyz had to play a man short after Austin was red-carded 10 minutes from time, the Boyz had little difficulty holding the homesters at bay, even after six minutes of time added.

It was the first victory for the Reggae Boyz over the Caribbean’s number one ranked team, following three consecutive drawn results. The teams will do it again in the return leg at Kingston’s National Stadium on October 10.

Despite kicking off more than 15 minutes after the advertised start time, Jamaica looked at home and established dominance immediately, earning two corner kicks in as many minutes, the second presenting Shavar Thomas with a glorious chance at the back post, but the Kansas City Wizards defender could only head high over the top, though unchallenged.

In a massively pro Trinidad crowd, Jamaica’s head coach Theodore Whitmore would have wanted an early goal to settle his team’s nerves, and they did just that when New York Red Bulls’ Richards raced onto a loose ball on the edge of the penalty area and drove it fiercely into the goal, after the Trinidad and Tobago defence failed to clear an Austin diagonal pass from the right side.

Richards’ speed was posing problems on the right side and surprisingly, Ryan Johnson was proving far too tricky for Trinidad’s right-back Makan Hislop, which created openings for the visitors.

Richards could have registered a first-half hat-trick, but he proved profligate, skying a sitter from six yards centre of the goal after Johnson had abused Hislop on the left and teed him up.

He also shot wide from just inside the penalty area after the red-and-black-clad defenders encountered difficulties clearing their lines.

Just before the half-hour mark, the home team pulled level when Jorsling, a decent forward who has the ability to hold up the ball and bring his midfielders into play, bundled home a left-sided crow from Keon Daniel.

Jamaica hit back quickly and decisively when Bryan turned his marker inside the penalty area from a left-sided throw in and Carlyle Mitchell pulled him down. Barbadian referee Trevor Taylor had no hesitation pointing to the spot and Austin placed the ball perfectly on the ground to beat the diving Jan Michael Williams.

Trinidad and Tobago returned for the second half determined to pull level, but they found the Jamaicans giving nothing away, keeping well organised. But it was the visitors who made the game safe when Bryan, under pressure from a towering defender in the centre circle, expertly brought under control Richard Edwards’ high clearance.

The Harbour View frontman then turned his marker before relaying the ball to the right for Eric Vernan to provide a wellweighted cross for him to nod home and silence the crowd.

Trinidad and Tobago tried desperately to get back into the game, but even with the ejection of Austin, Jamaica never looked in danger of conceding another goal.

Such was the confidence of Whitmore, who introduced a number of late changes, which kept the high level of play — sweeper Oneil Fisher looking particularly impressive in his six minutes on the pitch, which means Whitmore must now be looking towards Costa Rica with delight.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2010, 07:21:51 AM »
Such was the confidence of Whitmore, who introduced a number of late changes, which kept the high level of play — sweeper Oneil Fisher looking particularly impressive in his six minutes on the pitch, which means Whitmore must now be looking towards Costa Rica with delight.

Jamaica is consistently playing quality teams and the way they dealt with us a reflection of this!

Who are we looking forward to playing next and are they a team of Costa Rica's quality?

Once again congrats to Jamaica, despite your limited resources your 2014 Brazil WC qualification campaign is well on track!
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline lucky4life

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2010, 11:33:54 AM »

Jamaica is consistently playing quality teams and the way they dealt with us a reflection of this!

Who are we looking forward to playing next and are they a team of Costa Rica's quality?

Once again congrats to Jamaica, despite your limited resources your 2014 Brazil WC qualification campaign is well on track!
thank u 4 saying that about our reggaeboyz i really appreciate u saying that....

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2010, 12:19:16 PM »
...yet we still not gonna call up foreign-based players and continue spouting out shit players for friendlies  >:(
Hart for president

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2010, 02:15:28 PM »

SHITHONGS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXTEQh8wtno&feature=related
Breds relax, sharks just poking fun @ big-magician, not jamaica, so cool it wid the draw card lyrics.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2010, 04:34:48 PM »
team formation to me is overblown. No matter what formation a team uses. They got to defend and they got to attack. Now if the individuals are not playing their part in the scheme the coach set up,the coach has to resolve that. Latas has some work to do. It is kind of hard to believe this kind of results after seeing the way JP beat that CR side. It look like that never transcend onto the national team.

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2010, 05:46:21 PM »
No video highlights?

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2010, 01:02:06 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/WjZcYOdOVqo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/WjZcYOdOVqo</a>

Offline reggae-fan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2010, 04:12:10 AM »

I have a feeling that the Bajan who was refereeing the game is a cricket umpire. I cant see anything in Austin's reaction that merrited even a yellow card, much more a straight red.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2010, 04:14:29 AM »
'Tappa' lauds defence, lashes offence.
By: Ian Burnett Sport Editor.

PORT-OF-SPAIN, Trinidad — Jamaica's head coach Theodore 'Tappa' Whitmore departed Trinidad and Tobago with mixed emotions, even as his team outclassed the hosts 3-1 in a friendly international at the Marvin Lee Stadium on Wednesday evening.

Whitmore, who drew first blood in his first coaching meeting with his opposite number Russell Latapy, underlined the Reggae Boyz's "good" overall effort against their old rivals, but did not spare words in lambasting the offensive play of the team.

"I think it was a very spirited performance from both teams, given the rivalry they've had," he said.

"Overall it was a very good performance from the Jamaican team... defensively, we were a bit stronger.... our offensive game was off, however, and we didn't get the movements upfront from Bryan, Johnson and Richards, and that affected our passing game," lamented Whitmore, the two-goal hero of Jamaica's 2-1 victory over France at the 1998 World Cup Finals

"We stopped passing the football, we weren't organised as we were in the first half and that caused the breakdown," he added.

On an evening where Jamaica were clearly the better team, Dane Richards put the visitors ahead after only eight minutes before Devon Jorsling pulled the teams level on minute 29. The home team's respite was short-lived, however, as Rodolph Austin put the Boyz back in front a minute later from the penalty sport before Kavin Bryan sealed the convincing victory eight minutes into the second half.

In preparation for the team's upcoming major assignments -- the Digicel Caribbean Cup and World Cup qualifying tournament -- Whitmore will shift his attention to the next game against Costa Rica at the National Stadium on September 5, then to the Soca Warriors for the return-leg encounter at the National Stadium on October 10.

And as Whitmore chastised his outfit's offensive deficiency, Latapy likened Trinidad's shambolic defending to that of schoolboys.

Prior to the contest between the Caribbean's top-ranked teams, Latapy, a former star player, said he wanted to use the encounter as a test for his team, as well as to have a look at Jamaica as well.

"If we're going to play against quality opposition we need to improve a lot more," Latapy told the media in a post-game press conference.

"To be honest, the aspect that I'm most pleased with is that it shows exactly where we are, in terms of how we want to play football and how the players are taking things on board... tonight, defensively, it was a disaster. I thought we defended like schoolboys and we definitely have to do better... that performance was definitely not up to par," he added.

"... We had to do some defending and the three goals we suffered we actually gave away, but I think we were a bit fortunate in some aspects of the game that we didn't lose another goal," Latapy admitted.

Still, he believes that despite the result, the game served its purpose. "The purpose of this game was to give everybody a bit of experience and use as many players as we liked. I had a very good look at Jamaica tonight (Wednesday) and I see how organised they are and how they play football and we know what to expect from them now.

"Tonight (Wednesday) Jamaica had more possession than we had, but it is easy when you are playing from on top when you are winning games and the other team has to be chasing the ball, you can show more composure on the ball and that sort of stuff, and I think that is what happened, but we have to be able to adjust defensively to any system we play against and tonight we didn't adjust properly to it."
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>