April 30, 2024, 10:14:42 PM

Author Topic: The Stoke City Forever Thread  (Read 129367 times)

truetrini

Re: The Stoke City Forever Thread
« Reply #150 on: October 24, 2010, 06:37:43 PM »
Weh allyuh know bout football?? what if the man playing to the coaches instructions? what is his part in the last two games was to free up his strike partner and absorb all the pressure?

allyuh does be talking bout KJ positional play, but he's one of the cleanest forwards in the game, how many times do you see KJ off side, and if yuh want to compare him to stern, and no disrespect to stern , but he's the off side king! like today, KJ held up the ball well to bring tuncay and godjonson in the play which resulted in a goal.

allyuh expect too much from KJ, is not like the man playing with spurs chelsea or man city, the team have very little quality!

walters on the other hand has no sense of positional play and he just runnin for nothing, he rarely brings KJ into the game or create some sort of scoring opportunity, but look how much space and opportunity KJ creates for him.

the man came up against the best defense in the prem and did ok for himself, and even though he didn't look dangerous today with reo and vidic hanging all over him, one of the few chances he got he played it well that resulted in a goal.

in order for KJ's full potential to be seen, he has to play with an arsenal or chelsea, but once again he's back on ah hoof and jump team, come on ppl, what more allyuh expect, he must look poor on ah poor team.

This is close to my sentiments..

I miss most of the first half, picked up the game in the second. Honestly people, how much ball in the second half he really get that he could have done better with? How much bad trap or poor touches he put down today? From what I can see, KJ's mandate on this team is 1. to win headers from the hoof kick coming from the keeper or them big defenders in the back, 2. win headers off them Delap long throws, 3. If he gets it to foot he have to hold up the play, knock off to the wingers or the support and then go to goal where the wingers or defenders will try to float one up for him to butt.

This side not playing no through ball or looking to slice open any defense with finesse. It have no opportunities for him to pick up no ball and run at no defence, this side is about hard graft. Whole day all the man trying to do is jump with Rio and Vidic and win header, and to make matters worse he was being double teamed so he wasnt winning much. Allyuh think Sir Alex didn't read them fellas the memo on KJ??

And by the way, I actually find he do shit on the goal. He pick up the ball in the middle facing up to the Man U central defenders and was supposed to give Gudjohnsen a one-bounce wide from early but end up dilly-dallying. Lucky for him the whole play didnt break down there and then.

Yuh know when he was at Sunderland that was the same game plan....win headers, dem was looking to play no finesse splitting on defense either......yet Bent score plenty goals just so, running at defense, positions play and astute running off the ball....hmmmmm
Bent eh score ah goal in five games from open play, only penalties. as ah matter of fact, the last goal he scored from open play was against man city in the dying seconds of the game.

I was refrring to last season when Sunderland was playing the Stoke brand ah ball  and KJ was dere with him fella.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 24, 2010, 07:30:47 PM »
Just cool yuh comin across as desperate to defend KJ against criticism.
Yuh gone back how many games to show 1 instance of KJ takin the ball to the defenders.
I know the objective just cool would not be proud of what yuh doin dey.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 24, 2010, 07:55:44 PM »
Weh allyuh know bout football?? what if the man playing to the coaches instructions? what is his part in the last two games was to free up his strike partner and absorb all the pressure?

allyuh does be talking bout KJ positional play, but he's one of the cleanest forwards in the game, how many times do you see KJ off side, and if yuh want to compare him to stern, and no disrespect to stern , but he's the off side king! like today, KJ held up the ball well to bring tuncay and godjonson in the play which resulted in a goal.

allyuh expect too much from KJ, is not like the man playing with spurs chelsea or man city, the team have very little quality!

walters on the other hand has no sense of positional play and he just runnin for nothing, he rarely brings KJ into the game or create some sort of scoring opportunity, but look how much space and opportunity KJ creates for him.

the man came up against the best defense in the prem and did ok for himself, and even though he didn't look dangerous today with reo and vidic hanging all over him, one of the few chances he got he played it well that resulted in a goal.

in order for KJ's full potential to be seen, he has to play with an arsenal or chelsea, but once again he's back on ah hoof and jump team, come on ppl, what more allyuh expect, he must look poor on ah poor team.

I miss most of the first half, picked up the game in the second. Honestly people, how much ball in the second half he really get that he could have done better with? How much bad trap or poor touches he put down today? From what I can see, KJ's mandate on this team is 1. to win headers from the hoof kick coming from the keeper or them big defenders in the back, 2. win headers off them Delap long throws, 3. If he gets it to foot he have to hold up the play, knock off to the wingers or the support and then go to goal where the wingers or defenders will try to float one up for him to butt.

This side not playing no through ball or looking to slice open any defense with finesse. It have no opportunities for him to pick up no ball and run at no defence, this side is about hard graft. Whole day all the man trying to do is jump with Rio and Vidic and win header, and to make matters worse he was being double teamed so he wasnt winning much. Allyuh think Sir Alex didn't read them fellas the memo on KJ??

And by the way, I actually find he do shit on the goal. He pick up the ball in the middle facing up to the Man U central defenders and was supposed to give Gudjohnsen a one-bounce wide from early but end up dilly-dallying. Lucky for him the whole play didnt break down there and then.

Yuh know when he was at Sunderland that was the same game plan....win headers, dem was looking to play no finesse splitting on defense either......yet Bent score plenty goals just so, running at defense, positions play and astute running off the ball....hmmmmm
Bent eh score ah goal in five games from open play, only penalties. as ah matter of fact, the last goal he scored from open play was against man city in the dying seconds of the game.

I was refrring to last season when Sunderland was playing the Stoke brand ah ball  and KJ was dere with him fella.
I understood loud and clear, but what i meant to say is, was it possible that KJ's hard work on and off the ball, leaning on defenders and doing all the donkey work allowed bent the freedom and the space tuh poison defenses?

and a good reason for thinking such is the fact that bent can't score from open play to save his life this season. i believe it's BC there's no decoy to draw defenders away from him and now he's ah recipient of the double team.

it's ah fact since john terry made those comments about jones, he's been ah target of double team in the prem as well as in international games, just watch how bocanegra and onyewo does stick to the bredder when we play dem.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 24, 2010, 08:22:38 PM »
Just cool yuh comin across as desperate to defend KJ against criticism.
Yuh gone back how many games to show 1 instance of KJ takin the ball to the defenders.
I know the objective just cool would not be proud of what yuh doin dey.
Breds, for all who talking down KJ, it's obvious they don't understand the professional game. yuh ever wonder why KJ and bruce couldn't gree? maybe it's BC KJ didn't like how the coach was using him and maybe he rebelled by doing the opposite.

sometimes in the professional game ah coach could take away a lot from yuh game by giving yuh an unprefered task, just look @ rubinho @ man city, he was not allowed to play his prefered style and his game suffered rendering him ineffective.

sometimes ah coach would tell yuh tuh use the lanes sparingly or lay off the ball in order to free up other players, or put ah body on such and such a player, especially playing against ah top team like manU. it's not always as cut and dry as we the fans view it.

BTW, did you watch the game today? if yuh did, then i guess yuh noticed how rio and vidic was on the fella like white on rice right? i don't know bout you , but if yuh being double teamed, and yuh service poor while playing along side ah strike pardner who don't create shyte for yuh, how in the world could ah player strive under those conditions?

i eh defending KJ desperately, but rather, stating the obvious. sometimes an objective view does show us a lot of things we normally miss when we looking @ things head on.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 24, 2010, 09:03:11 PM »
The reality is that he is the focal point of the offense and teams pay specific attention towards him and the preferred method is to rough him up. And players like Vidic and Terry are very uncompromising in their physical play.

Key is how he responds, watching the game today to be honest i was wishing for him to flatten Vidic to send a message that while you want to play strong, I COULD PLAY STRONGER.

It just never seemed to materialize so the beatings will continue.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline kev

• Hero Warrior
  • Lifes a bitch, then you marry one
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 24, 2010, 11:54:05 PM »

Hi JC how you keeping.

Just like to say, Bent is out of form at the minute, hasn't really started the season well, his touch is off and had a few niggles.  But he doesn't like playing the lone target man and has said it himself on a couple of occasions, but we have played 451 in the vast majority of games, but he will still end up well into double figures / top teens come the end of the season barring a serious injury of course. 

I expected to see an improvement in Kenwyne's form with the move, but as I have said before its about what he plays like back end of the season / next season.  I like Kenwyne and make a point of watching him play and wish him well, but the stream I was watching had one of the Stoke coaches as co commentator and he said there's no point in playing him if you are not going to set the team up to his strengths, high balls into the area.  Stoke bought him for what he is, not what he could be and thats how they will play. 

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 25, 2010, 06:56:58 AM »
"Stoke bought him for what he is, not what he could be and thats how they will play.  "

Xactly

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 25, 2010, 07:55:01 AM »
just cool I get yuh, your point about playing to instructions is good, the part I find flaky was when yuh try to say that since KJ ran at the defense with the ball once all season, men should not complain about him not doing it.
The real test for me is if KJ gets criticism from the coach after performances like this one.

kev did the Stoke coach say anything about Stoke's attack?  Like if the wingers or KJ weren't doing enough?

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 25, 2010, 08:55:46 AM »
http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~2195672,00.html

9 - Stoke have hit the woodwork nine times already this term. Striker Kenwyne Jones has struck the frame of the goal more times than any other player, having done so four times.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 25, 2010, 09:54:53 AM »

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 25, 2010, 10:37:54 AM »
The reality is that he is the focal point of the offense and teams pay specific attention towards him and the preferred method is to rough him up. And players like Vidic and Terry are very uncompromising in their physical play.

Key is how he responds, watching the game today to be honest i was wishing for him to flatten Vidic to send a message that while you want to play strong, I COULD PLAY STRONGER.

I agree with this statement...put dem fellas tuh eat grass at least once each half!!!
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 25, 2010, 11:30:42 AM »

Sometimes when listen to you guys it makes me feel like Kenwyne is the only forward does get beat up in the EPL,we making all kind of excuses for why he playing the way he does,tell me a forward does get beat up more than Tevez and that's just one i call,that fella is a beast to take all that licks and continue to play the way he plays.Once you develop a name you going to be targeted and Kenwyne have to expect that, he playing in that league long enough.
       I don't why peeps overacting to how Kenwyne plays,the thing is this is Kenwyne,take it or leave it he has limitations something we all know,if teams want to acquire him for certain attributes fine but don't expect to see a Messi type player when he is not,he is big and teams want him to go in there and use that big body so we have to expect he will get beat up.He has a different problem when he plays for T&T because it calls for a different game,more movement,finesse etc etc

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 25, 2010, 12:02:40 PM »
   Sometimes when listen to you guys it makes me feel like Kenwyne is the only forward does get beat up in the EPL - (That maybe so but other forwards of his physical built and presence are handling these situations consistenly such as the Andy Carroll's, Emil Heskey et al)

we making all kind of excuses for why he playing the way he does,tell me a forward does get beat up more than Tevez and that's just one i call,that fella is a beast to take all that licks and continue to play the way he plays.Once you develop a name you going to be targeted and Kenwyne have to expect that, he playing in that league long enough. - (I was not making an excuse but would like to see an improvement, hence be more physical and be consistent).

I don't why peeps overacting to how Kenwyne plays,the thing is this is Kenwyne,take it or leave it he has limitations something we all know,if teams want to acquire him for certain attributes fine but don't expect to see a Messi type player when he is not,he is big and teams want him to go in there and use that big body so we have to expect he will get beat up.He has a different problem when he plays for T&T because it calls for a different game,more movement,finesse etc etc - (I don't think it an overaction when you genuinely want to see improvement on a player that has potential. Yes he was hired to play a particular role but why not learn other skillsets from other players from your team or players from other teams.  It will only improve his marketability and command a higher salary.)
If a free society cannot help the many who are poor it cannot save the few who are rich.

- John F. Kennedy

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 25, 2010, 12:15:16 PM »
   Sometimes when listen to you guys it makes me feel like Kenwyne is the only forward does get beat up in the EPL - (That maybe so but other forwards of his physical built and presence are handling these situations consistenly such as the Andy Carroll's, Emil Heskey et al)

we making all kind of excuses for why he playing the way he does,tell me a forward does get beat up more than Tevez and that's just one i call,that fella is a beast to take all that licks and continue to play the way he plays.Once you develop a name you going to be targeted and Kenwyne have to expect that, he playing in that league long enough. - (I was not making an excuse but would like to see an improvement, hence be more physical and be consistent).

I don't why peeps overacting to how Kenwyne plays,the thing is this is Kenwyne,take it or leave it he has limitations something we all know,if teams want to acquire him for certain attributes fine but don't expect to see a Messi type player when he is not,he is big and teams want him to go in there and use that big body so we have to expect he will get beat up.He has a different problem when he plays for T&T because it calls for a different game,more movement,finesse etc etc - (I don't think it an overaction when you genuinely want to see improvement on a player that has potential. Yes he was hired to play a particular role but why not learn other skillsets from other players from your team or players from other teams.  It will only improve his marketability and command a higher salary.)

Good reasoning  :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: October 25, 2010, 12:24:27 PM »
Ckhan like yuh friggin mad ah wha?!!  Wha Heskey does handle?!!  He ever score more goals dan KJ in any season since KJ in de PL?  I watch Carrol more dan once dis season look lazy an very uninspiring (not much different dan man like to describe KJ).

Coops Tevez does get physically handled similar to KJ?!!  Doh talk no f**kin shit nah, yuh is ah big man and an experienced player and daiz de name yuh go pick out?  Tevez?!!  Soon yuh go say Bent takin de same lix too ent?!!  WDFIRHIT?!!  Steups!!!

JC stop wastin yuh keystrokes jedd, de man is ah hong accordin to many on here.  Maybe daiz why teams does set out to neutralize him specifically.  While man talkin all dey shit dey eh realize ManUre of all teams are very familiar with his abilities considering he poison dem ah few times while he was with SAFC.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: October 25, 2010, 12:35:08 PM »
Ckhan like yuh friggin mad ah wha?!!  Wha Heskey does handle?!!  He ever score more goals dan KJ in any season since KJ in de PL?  I watch Carrol more dan once dis season look lazy an very uninspiring (not much different dan man like to describe KJ).

Coops Tevez does get physically handled similar to KJ?!!  Doh talk no f**kin shit nah, yuh is ah big man and an experienced player and daiz de name yuh go pick out?  Tevez?!!  Soon yuh go say Bent takin de same lix too ent?!!  WDFIRHIT?!!  Steups!!!

JC stop wastin yuh keystrokes jedd, de man is ah hong accordin to many on here.  Maybe daiz why teams does set out to neutralize him specifically.  While man talkin all dey shit dey eh realize ManUre of all teams are very familiar with his abilities considering he poison dem ah few times while he was with SAFC.
        May be you are right,KJ is the most targetted player in the EPL,he so good nobody gives him a chance poor Kenwyne they does brutalize him,to be honest Kenwyne is a big baby,when he stops crying he will have a better game.

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 25, 2010, 12:47:40 PM »

Umm..in all fairness, Tevez does take rel physical play too eh and even if the level may in your opinion be less than Kenwyne is given, for Tevez's size the amount of fight he puts into battling off physically bigger defenders is twice what KJ does, I honestly don't think that was a bad person to compare in terms of physicality...

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 25, 2010, 12:54:44 PM »
Ckhan like yuh friggin mad ah wha?!!  Wha Heskey does handle?!!  He ever score more goals dan KJ in any season since KJ in de PL?  I watch Carrol more dan once dis season look lazy an very uninspiring (not much different dan man like to describe KJ) - I am perfectly sane, at least that what the voices tell me.  I am not addressing the scoring tally but being physical and Andy Carroll is a player that puts himself in positions and create positions consistently.

Oye, I jes saying dat de man need to bounce dem off and look like he hungry ah likkle more. Is dat asking too much?

- John F. Kennedy

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 25, 2010, 01:06:44 PM »

May be you are right,KJ is the most targetted player in the EPL,he so good nobody gives him a chance poor Kenwyne they does brutalize him,to be honest Kenwyne is a big baby,when he stops crying he will have a better game.

I expected better buh say wha.  I never see man literally jumpin on Tevez back de way dey does ride KJ like ah f**kin farm donkey.  My comment had nutten to do with skill but specifically about phsical punishment.

Arazi Tevez does get he share but it's not the same.  Most times Tevez too fast for the likes of Terry, Rio, Vidic, Dunn etc to ketch muchless throw all their weight on him.   Tell me when last you saw Tevez waitin fuh ah ball in the air while ah man ridin he shoulders to get it.  Dat happens numerous times every single game to KJ.  If dem size players was phsically on top of Tevez every single game is no way he couls make ah season widout breakin down

Ckhan yuh eh axin too much nah.  I myself would love to see dat but in all fairness we only see what de camera shows.  I eh puttin it past none ah dem stinkaz to be doin shit when de ref eh seein to further frustrate KJ.  Yuh think dem men eh know he could probably knock dem out buh just like Ilunga lass year dey will poke and poke until he either off he game or react irationally and get red carded.  Carrol is ah more mobile player than KJ and his attribute set is different buh I been watchin he and find he to be rell lazy jedd.  Admiteddly is about 4-5 games I see buh he doh always look inspired at all.

Offline ckhan

• Hero Warrior
  • Pay Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 25, 2010, 01:26:12 PM »
F.Killa I hear yuh.  I just hope for Kj sake that he continues to develop his game and be the force we all know him to be... :beermug:

- John F. Kennedy

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 25, 2010, 02:07:25 PM »
F.Killa I hear yuh.  I just hope for Kj sake that he continues to develop his game and be the force we all know him to be... :beermug:

I doh really see it happenin (hopefully ah wrong) in Stoke City.  They not about improving players, it seems only about trying to exploit their strengths.  To improve he would have to be at a club where they play a brand that requires sharper passing and steady movement.  he would have to play for managers like Wenger, Mancini, Ancelotti, SAF, etc.  When you look at how the big teams play you can see why a player would come out better than he went in.  I juss hope I wrong doh because de yute have the tools.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 25, 2010, 02:24:00 PM »
WDFIRHIT?!! 

dais a new one boy :D....take mih ah few seconds to figure dat out
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 25, 2010, 02:39:35 PM »
KJ work rate is not good enough and that is why coaches get frustrated with him. KJ is a man who will jog and smoke you in a race versus a man like tevez who sprinting hard and not going no where.

The preception is that Tevez is working hard and KJ is lazy it has nothing to do with the actually speed he is running at.

It is a personality thing.

Perception is reality.

That is why he frustrates men like steve bruce. and produce nothing for TnT.

He losing the Public relations battle. When I watch the game with KJ, I dont leave with the feeling that he leaving it all on the field. True or false does not matter.

it is just my perception.

It is fine when you scoring goals no body will say anything, but as soon as you go on a drought men will start to grumble, fair or not doesnt matter that is the reality.

KJ will always get picked up by Premiership level teams but will never reach the heights of Droba or Yorke because the general perception of him is that he is not leaving it all on the field.

being a forward has gauaranteed him of that.

Goals is like Gold if you can get a few you getting contract no matter what

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 25, 2010, 03:15:03 PM »
WDFIRHIT?!! 

i scratch meh head for a lil while mehself.... lol
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 25, 2010, 03:19:17 PM »
sorry FF an Dutty nexx time ah go drop de full thing in parens :rotfl:

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
Re: Stoke City v Manchester United Thread (24-Oct-2010).
« Reply #175 on: October 25, 2010, 05:13:01 PM »
Boy, I really doh like nutten about KJ play. He doh pressure the ball enough, he doh run hard enough in support, he doh challenge the keeper enough in air balls, in open play he doh challenge people with headers, he doh make himself available in the right positions to receive the ball.

As a manager, dais ah challenging player to work with boy.
\\

yuh is ah manager?

Nah.....it sound so?...LOL I juss figure any manager would be at wits end trying to motivate KJ.
With all ah dat....He goh still  be more than ah handful fuh Mexico.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 05:15:26 PM by Socafan »
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 25, 2010, 05:25:42 PM »
WDFIRHIT?!! 

I stuck on de 'T'...

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 25, 2010, 05:35:56 PM »
WDFIRHIT?!! 

I stuck on de 'T'...

I figure is "truth"..... :)..Or better yet, "trute"..
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 25, 2010, 05:46:30 PM »

It seems some peeps have to get obscene to make statements or is just me they does feel to cuss,other peeps support my views and i eh hear nothing but as they i am a big man and i'll respect that,keep it up Mr Killa what ever your name is,enjoy yourself.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 25, 2010, 06:07:24 PM »
        It seems some peeps have to get obscene to make statements or is just me they does feel to cuss,other peeps support my views and i eh hear nothing but as they i am a big man and i'll respect that,keep it up Mr Killa what ever your name is,enjoy yourself.

Coop's doh dig no horrors man... I eh go speak fuh Scorp, but whey we come from man does get level cuss normal normal then fete wid each other like is nutten.  Is juss ah different vibe here that most eh check for, but I sure Scorp/Killa heself go tell yuh he eh mean nutten by it  :beermug:

1]; } ?>