April 18, 2024, 05:29:17 AM

Author Topic: The Stoke City Forever Thread  (Read 128039 times)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Manchester United v Stoke City today (04-Jan-11).
« Reply #210 on: January 04, 2011, 03:29:44 PM »
I missed that.  Yuh sure it happen?

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 04, 2011, 03:50:58 PM »
3 points in d bag  :beermug: , on to d next game
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

AirMan

« Reply #212 on: January 04, 2011, 03:51:03 PM »
boring game

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 04, 2011, 03:53:27 PM »
3 points... haters,continue to drink that haterade...we are a non stop train heading to Gloryville

giggsy11

« Reply #214 on: January 04, 2011, 05:19:44 PM »
Love me some Nani! Rafael does run ball like a true Brazilian.

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 04, 2011, 05:50:32 PM »
Did you see the cap he give ah man on the wing? On another note the Man.U haters does sound like a  broken record week after week after week.  Allure eh tired hate?

giggsy11

« Reply #216 on: January 04, 2011, 07:58:06 PM »
Did you see the cap he give ah man on the wing? On another note the Man.U haters does sound like a  broken record week after week after week.  Allure eh tired hate?

Yep- that was nice-part of the build up before Nani's goal. I glad to see he keeping his Brazilian flair while continuing to learn the game. As far as the haters; next thing they will be saying is that even the ball bias in United's favor!

giggsy11

« Reply #217 on: January 04, 2011, 08:00:07 PM »
When Jones was coming off the commentator say he was playing despite dealing with some personal issues. Anybody know what he was referring to?

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 04, 2011, 08:14:03 PM »
Tres Puntos suckers...keep hating
Glory, Glory!!!
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 04, 2011, 08:52:20 PM »
When Jones was coming off the commentator say he was playing despite dealing with some personal issues. Anybody know what he was referring to?

Must be all the criticism from SW.net.  Seriously though his coach Pulis mentioned his personal problems recently but didn't elaborate.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 04, 2011, 09:08:47 PM »
When that commentator say that I couldn't help but remarking... footballers must be softest most "sensitive" professional athletes there is.  In no other sport, except perhaps tennis... maybe golf, yuh hear, "well, he's been dealing with a lot of off the court issues." 

Man up already.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 04, 2011, 11:57:39 PM »
Jones was like ah red ting in town on ah friday evening. Anyway he go ah man follow him. And when he do get ah ball is like ah smalll goal sweat 4 man on the other team surround him.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 05, 2011, 06:32:42 AM »
Jones is tutu, even without family problems, de man have no talent and lacks the basic things in football, trapping, passing and shooting. Sad to say but Fuller that stinking Jamaican looks better.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The Stoke City Forever Thread
« Reply #223 on: January 05, 2011, 11:16:07 AM »
Bruised but beaming

Having emerged victorious from a physical battle with one of the Premier League’s most robust target men, Chris Smalling was in chipper mood following United’s narrow win over Stoke City.

Hulking Potters striker Kenwyne Jones endured a miserable evening at the hands of Smalling and Nemanja Vidic, and was withdrawn midway through the second period at Old Trafford. Though he’ll undoubtedly have the bruises to show for his evening’s work, Smalling admits he relished the challenge.

“We looked at the footage beforehand and Stoke are a real handful physically, especially Kenwyne Jones,” the defender told MUTV. “He’s been tormenting centre halves this season. I knew it was going to be a really difficult battle but I really enjoyed it out there.

“He’s got a great standing jump so you really have to get about him and really tussle with him. I really enjoyed that side of the game. I’ve played a lot of Champions League games so now I’ve got into different competitions I feel like I’m playing my part. I’m really knocking on that door and hopefully the manager can see that I can play well.”

Having snuffed out the visitors’ chief threat so comprehensively,
Smalling also paid tribute to his side’s own match-winners – Chicharito and Nani – who combined clinically for both United goals.

“He (Chicharito) is dangerous,” he said. “When we play little six v fives in training he can be a nightmare to mark. You need your wits about you because he can come from the left or the right. He really deserved his goal.

“Nani’s been a real loss. He’s so important in terms of our goal threat going forward and he’s a real threat down that wing. He scores so many goals with his left foot. Everyone thinks he’s right-footed, but it’s great for him to pop up and get another wonder goal.”

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 14, 2011, 05:26:59 AM »

Ba having Stoke medical
Potters close in on striker deal

Skysports.com understands Hoffenheim striker Demba Ba is undergoing a medical at Stoke ahead of his proposed move to the Britannia Stadium.

Stoke tabled a £5.9million bid for Ba on Thursday and the German club have now given the striker permission to hold talks with the Potters.

Ba's future has been the subject of intense speculation during this month's transfer window with the player refusing to return to Hoffenheim.

West Ham were thought to be leading the chase for the 25-year-old, but it appears Stoke have a stolen a march on their Premier League rivals for Ba by agreeing a fee with Hoffenheim with his services.

Stoke boss Tony Pulis is keen to bolster his attacking options and sees Ba as a key addition to his squad with the likes of Tuncay and Eidur Gudjohnsen linked with moves away from the club.

The Potters are hoping to tie up a deal in time to have Ba available for this weekend's clash with Bolton.

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #225 on: January 14, 2011, 06:39:37 AM »
Bruised but beaming

Having emerged victorious from a physical battle with one of the Premier League’s most robust target men, Chris Smalling was in chipper mood following United’s narrow win over Stoke City.

Hulking Potters striker Kenwyne Jones endured a miserable evening at the hands of Smalling and Nemanja Vidic, and was withdrawn midway through the second period at Old Trafford. Though he’ll undoubtedly have the bruises to show for his evening’s work, Smalling admits he relished the challenge.

“We looked at the footage beforehand and Stoke are a real handful physically, especially Kenwyne Jones,” the defender told MUTV. “He’s been tormenting centre halves this season. I knew it was going to be a really difficult battle but I really enjoyed it out there.

“He’s got a great standing jump so you really have to get about him and really tussle with him. I really enjoyed that side of the game. I’ve played a lot of Champions League games so now I’ve got into different competitions I feel like I’m playing my part. I’m really knocking on that door and hopefully the manager can see that I can play well.”

Having snuffed out the visitors’ chief threat so comprehensively,
Smalling also paid tribute to his side’s own match-winners – Chicharito and Nani – who combined clinically for both United goals.

“He (Chicharito) is dangerous,” he said. “When we play little six v fives in training he can be a nightmare to mark. You need your wits about you because he can come from the left or the right. He really deserved his goal.

“Nani’s been a real loss. He’s so important in terms of our goal threat going forward and he’s a real threat down that wing. He scores so many goals with his left foot. Everyone thinks he’s right-footed, but it’s great for him to pop up and get another wonder goal.”
Yet man does jump up and bawl oh He is this and he is that...Aside from Dwight Yorke how many Trinis generate that level of attention in the EPL???

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 14, 2011, 03:02:43 PM »
Yuh could generate a high level of attention by streakin across the field.
Doh mean shit if yuh not scorin goals.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: January 15, 2011, 11:43:55 AM »
Jones put down a few skillful moves today.  He actually hit 2 men a Zidane roulette. 
Tuncay was being greedy and had a couple chances to bring Jones into the play in good positions but chose to go it alone.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: January 15, 2011, 12:04:44 PM »
Jones put down a few skillful moves today.  He actually hit 2 men a Zidane roulette. 
Tuncay was being greedy and had a couple chances to bring Jones into the play in good positions but chose to go it alone.

is an open secret that tuncay trying to leave stoke...he ent care bout the team he trying to make himself look good to potential suitors

Offline Bitter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Official: Stoke City Complete Loan Deal For John Carew
« Reply #229 on: January 21, 2011, 09:48:22 AM »
Carew Completes Loan Move
Posted on: Fri 21 Jan 2011
http://www.stokecityfc.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,10310~2272528,00.html

STOKE CITY have today boosted their attacking options by securing the loan signing of Norwegian international John Carew from Aston Villa.

The 31-year-old striker has opted to join City until the end of the 2010-11 season after agreeing terms with the Club over a four-month loan.

Manager Tony Pulis moved quickly to acquire a player with Carew's experience and goalscoring pedigree once Darren Bent's transfer to Aston Villa earlier this week opened the door for him to seek a fresh opportunity elsewhere.

After holding talks with City over the move on Thursday, he finalised the move to the Britannia Stadium in time to train with his new colleagues today and goes straight into the squad for the Barclays Premier League match at Fulham.

"This is a fantastic signing," said Pulis. "John's record speaks for itself because he has scored goals at the highest level throughout his career.

"As well as all the experience he has gained at international level, he has top played for some top, top clubs across Europe and performed in the Champion League for many seasons, including an appearance in the final for Valencia.

"On top of that, he was Aston Villa's leading scorer last season with 17 goals, so we have acquired a striker with outstanding pedigree."

Born and raised in Norway, Carew began his career with local club Lorenskog but first shot to prominence when he joined Rosenborg where his performances in the European Champions League brought him to the attention of Valencia.

He joined the Spanish club in a £7 million transfer in the year 2000 and in his four years there he helped them to win La Liga twice and also appeared in the Champions League Final where they eventually lost on penalties to Bayern Munich.

Carew's goals were also responsible for knocking Arsenal out of the Champions League on two occasions in his time at Valencia before he eventually moved to Turkish club Besiktas in 2004 after a short loan spell with Italian club Roma.

After one season in Serie A, he joined French club Lyon for £6 million, but then an exchange deal with Milan Baros took him to Villa four years ago.

A consistent goalscorer with the West Midlands club, his 17 goals last season saw him finish as the club's joint top goalscorer with Gabriel Agbonlahor and he was also the top marksman in the FA Cup, bagging a hat-trick in the quarter final win over Reading.

The experienced striker has also won 85 caps for his country, scoring 23 goals, and he made his debut for Norway in November 1998.

*Carew will wear squad number 22.
Bitter is a supercalifragilistic tic-tac-pro

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 21, 2011, 09:57:18 AM »
Though I think Carew is a good addition, as it's a loan, I think Fuller is a bigger loss..2 target men(KJ & Carew) is not what Stoke needed.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 21, 2011, 12:02:08 PM »
Porcshe for grabs...anyone?

Pennant 'forgot his Porsche in Spain'

Jermain Pennant: Porsche? What Porsche?
If there was such a body as the Society for the Promotion of Footballers in a Positive Light (the name might need a little work), it would have disbanded this week after Stoke winger Jermaine Pennant left his expensive Porsche at a train station for five months because he forgot he owned one.

The former Liverpool winger, who moved to La Liga in 2009, did his bit to reinforce the stereotype that footballers have too much money and too few brain cells when he returned the Premier League and left his shiny new car behind in Zaragoza.

Spanish daily Marca reports that when the club phoned him to let him know, Pennant still had no recollection that the vehicle was his and officials had to prove it by telling him it bore his personal plate - P33NNT. Zaragoza were forced to open the car and were surprised to discover the keys were on the seat.

The player's agent naturally denied the oversight but a top source at Stoke City told The Sun: "The plate is now on his Ferrari, which is over here." ;D

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 26, 2011, 11:36:28 AM »
So now that Stoke have signed a target man, will KJ get a chance to play without being marked so hard?

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: March 22, 2011, 07:14:23 AM »
Even with Stoke scoring 4 at Newcastle, KJ still could'nt get on the score-sheet. However he seems to be wokkin real hard and deserves mention in that game with Newcastle because for a Big man he was all over de pitch like a wild man. Keep working hard KJ de other ting go come soon enough and by then de floodgates go open.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: March 22, 2011, 01:24:14 PM »
ah only see the second half of dis game, but to me the crowd was applauding every effort KJ made (now dey mighta been doing dat with other players eh but I was focused on KJ).....he did miss a sitter (at dis level) with he left foot too
When he was subbed out, de crowd applaued as though he score ah hattrick...not sure if is because dey know what he going through, or because dey like the shift he put in..or a combo:)
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 22, 2011, 01:26:18 PM »
I'm sure is at least because of the shift he put in if not both. One thing I've learned about English fans is that they definitely appreciate good effort.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 22, 2011, 02:03:06 PM »
I am still waiting for KJ to step into his abilities. We haven't seen the best of him yet. He will shine
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 22, 2011, 11:49:06 PM »
ah only see the second half of dis game, but to me the crowd was applauding every effort KJ made (now dey mighta been doing dat with other players eh but I was focused on KJ).....he did miss a sitter (at dis level) with he left foot too
When he was subbed out, de crowd applaued as though he score ah hattrick...not sure if is because dey know what he going through, or because dey like the shift he put in..or a combo:)

Well truth be told they were applauding everyone but they had something special for KJ on that day. I suspect it is the combo of the fact that he has issues and still put in a strong shift. But also a good coach once said that if your offence is off then work on your defense . I think Stoke City coach may have echoed this sentiment to KJ because he played like a workhorse. Shoulda been foamin at the mouth in coming off. Kudos to De Jamaican goal on de 90th minute. Very nice effort.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Lightning

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Jones under pressure, says Tony Pulis
« Reply #238 on: April 01, 2011, 08:08:58 AM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/12936576.stm

Cardiff boss Dave Jones under pressure, says Tony Pulis
IN ASSOCIATION WITH

Page last updated at 12:26 GMT, Friday, 1 April 2011 13:26 UK

* E-mail this to a friend
    * Printable version

Tony Pulis and Dave Jones Watch the Tony Pulis interview on BBC TWO Wales, Friday 1 April, 2100 BST

Stoke manager Tony Pulis says his friend Dave Jones is under pressure amid Cardiff City's bid for promotion to the Premier League.

The Bluebirds lie fourth in the Championship as they host Derby County on Saturday in the first of eight remaining games.

Pulis said: "I think Dave will know that he's under pressure this year.

"I think that everybody expects and he's got an array of talent there that really should be there or thereabouts."

Jones' side have won only once in their last five outings, but remain one place behind Welsh rivals Swansea with Norwich second and Queens Park Rangers leading the division.

Leeds United and Nottingham Forest complete the play-off places going into the weekend's games.

Speaking to BBC TWO Wales' Friday Sport Wales programme, Pulis said the fine line between success and failure can often be out of a manager's hand.

"You need a little bit of luck and a bit of good fortune as well and Dave will know that as much as anybody else," said Newport-born Pulis, who guided Stoke City to Premier League promotion in 2008.

"Being a manager that can be the difference between winning and losing and Dave will be hoping, as much as anybody else - [Swansea boss] Brendan [Rodgers] will as well - that lady luck falls their way in the back end of the season.

"If it does, the two of them could be playing in the Premiership next season."

Cardiff's last taste of success came in 2003 when Andy Campbell scored the only goal to win disappointing League One play-off final against Queens Park Rangers.

Jones says the biggest hurdle facing the current crop of players as they chase their goal is the lack of previous winning experiences to draw upon.

He said: "There are still a lot of twists and turns - there have been over the last few weeks - before the international break there was swapping and changing, some crazy results , some good results and some bad results and that's for everybody.

"It comes to this stage and the hardest part at this time is getting that first trophy or that first promotion.

"It's always been the difficult part. I've been fortunate enough in my time that I've had five as a coach and manager and sometimes people forget that.

"But it's difficult. The players try their best and work hard because when they don't get the result that everybody wants they're either poor players or they're not trying or something like that.

"That's not the case, they're just tick-box standard things that get thrown at people."

Watch the full Tony Pulis interview on Sport Wales, BBC TWO Wales, 2100 BST on Friday, 1 April.

April Fools!

I spent a lot of money on booze, birds and fast cars. The rest I just squandered.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Jones under pressure, says Tony Pulis
« Reply #239 on: April 01, 2011, 08:22:26 AM »
 ;)
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

1]; } ?>